Rich Ponies Golf [Private]

Congratulations! If you have had the fortune of recieving this letter, then you have been invited to an entire day of my favorite past time, golf with me, Silver Profit as your honored host. In addition to the sport, a wide variaty of food and refreshments will be provided. The festivites will take place in Manehatten at the Maxwell public park next Saterday. Enclosed is 150 bits incase you need assistence to get from wherever you are to here. I do hope you accept my offer and join me in the greatest game in Equestria history!

Yours truly, Silver Profit

Silver Profit has sent out five of these invitations to random recipients about a week ago and has been eagerly awaiting this day like a young colt for his birthday. "The Guests should be ariving soon master Profit" said one of Silver's many servents. "Very good, be sure to keep shooting my fireworks into the air untill then" Silver replied as he sat in his overly sized office desk chair. "Yes sir" said the servent as he walked away. As they spoke, a steady stream of fireworks shot into the air each spelling out "Golfers Here!" as they expoded.

"Master Putter, are you certain that this game is in Maxwell public park?" Four Iron asked in his usual boring baritone.

"That is what the invite has stated, Iron. Bring the limo in closer," a voice called from behind a tinted glass partition.

Four Iron shrugged despite Putter's inability to see him, and brought the limousine around. An explosion from above got his attention and he saw the words "Golfers Here!" emblazoned in the sky briefly. "Nevermind, sir, I think we're here."

"Very good, Iron. Park us and fetch my stuff."

"Of course, sir."

The limousine pulled into a parking space and the stout grey earth pony clambered out of the front and rushed round the back, before returning with a set of clubs on his back. He then pulled open the door in the middle and out strode an elegant silver unicorn with pale blue eyes and a diamond smile. Although all of that was overshadowed by the ridiculous tartan flat cap with its massive red bauble in the middle, and the matching kilt he wore around his abdomen.

"Come, Iron. Let's see what fools dare to challenge me."

The two ponies trotted over to the spot marked by the fireworks.

Harrington Sleuth kept the 150 bits from the letter and transported himself and his wagon to Manehattan and dragged it along with him as he went toward the fireworks that spelled out "Golfers here!"

I suppose this is the place...this should be interesting...although I'm not exactly among the elite professionals...I would consider myself barely an amateur.

He put on a white flat cap from his caravan and dragged out a set of clubs he bought just the other day to the spot in the park where the fireworks were shooting off from.

CopperCoin re-read the invitation and looked up at the luminescent display of fireworks. "So this is it huh?" he said to himself. "I've golfed before, but this seems to be a bit out of my league" he commented. "I hope they have a pro-shop around, I could use some fresh equipment." With the last remark, he continued on his way towards the fireworks display. Eventually he ran into what seemed to be the rest of the party that he guessed was to be his competition. "Good-morrow everypony! Are you here for the *fireworks* too?"

Silver Profit jumped out of his chair now that all of his guests gave arrived. "Oh joy! your all here!" he exclaimed. "Now, before we do anything else lets get to know one another a bit. To do that, we will all sit in a circle and say a little something about ourselves. Lets start with you" he said as he pointed at Silver Putter and sat down without another word.

"Hah! You should all already know about me!" Putter said with an ironic laugh. "Any golfer worth his salt should. Four Iron, list of accomplishments, if you'd please," he said as he motioned to his caddy/ponyservant.

Four Iron cleared his throat loudly and recited from memory, "Silver Putter the Third, son of Silver Putter the Second, is winner of twelve majors not just here in Equestria, but world wide. He has won the Master's tournament twice, as well as winning thrice a piece in both the Equestrian Open, and the Griffonian Open. This is all on top of the four wins he has in the PGA. This makes him the fourth most successful golfer in the world." Four Iron suddenly remembered that he was supposed to omit the last sentence and received a very harsh glare from his master.

"Yes. I come from a long line of successful golfers, and it is my destiny to one day beat my father, and claim the spot as number one golfer in the world!" he shouted. Then he realised he was shouting and quietened down again. "But first of course, a friendly invitational sounds like good practice. I look forward to beatin.., um... playing with you."

"Oh, you sound like a lot of fun..." Silver Profit sarcasticly said. He pointed to Harrington next "How about you? Also none of you are sitting, in kindergarden, we got in trouble if we didn't sit while doing this. Come on now" He patted the ground as he said that last part.

Harrington sat down before he spoke, having heeded Silver Profit's last comment.

"Yes, well, I am Harrington Sleuth, private investigator by trade, but a sort of intermediate player in gentlecoltly games such as chess and golf. I just had to see for myself what this greatest game in Equestrian history would entail...even though I'm not sure why a P.I. would get an invite to play a game of such magnitude when you invited a top professional as well. And as a personal note, I got in trouble in kindergarten for worse than not sitting when I lived in Baltimare."

CopperCoin, an earth pony with a brown coat, black mane and blue eyes, was already sitting down when Silver Profit called on him. "Well, I'm not nearly as interesting as these two over here." he gave a friendly gesture to Harrington and Silver Putter. "I inherited my fathers wealth a few years back from his traveling merchant business. But I've never been one for the family trade, or the money that comes with it. I'm sure you understand how boring it can be." He said to Silver Profit with a bit of a chuckle. "So now I just take my time going from town to town, enjoying the traveling part of my family business at least. Finding new places, with new ponies, who are willing to play a quick game of cards." He says as he pulls out a royal flush from what seems to be nowhere. He gives a smile and watches Harrington cautiously. Then he turns his gaze back to Silver Profit and finishes his contribution to the sharing circle. "That's just about it for me." Or at least, all that I'm willing to tell. CopperCoin thinks to himself.

"Oh, yes, I've heard of you!" CopperCoin said to Deadpony with admiration "Quite the reputation you have." CopperCoin was thinking of the threats that were made on him after hustling a group of stallions in a pub. He didn't like the sound of this character but he couldn't let that show now. "Quite the diverse lot you have here SilverProfit. What are your intentions? Or is this just an attempt to relieve some boredom?" He said with a knowing smile and a quick glance at his cards.

I journey halfway across Equestria to face this bunch of idiots. I doubt any of them could even even play mini-golf. Silver Putter silently fumed. "There'd better be some sort of reward for winning," he said aloud, his anger lacing his voice.

"A mercenary? How exciting!" Silver Profit said. "Now allow me to explan a little something to you gentlecolts. You see, We're not going to play just any kind of golf, we will be playing rich ponie's golf. Rich ponies golf is like regular golf, except your playing with a rich pony, that will be me for today, who can and will afford for all the property damage you want, and that there are no rules. Any questions?"

Silver Putter cleared his throat loudly to get their attention. "So one wishes to play minigolf effectively? I should have know this was too good to be true. I for one, am out of here."

Four Iron turned to his master. "Sir, it isn't often we get an opportunity like this. We can break anything! I implore you to reconsider."

"No! This is minigolf, not proper golf. Come, Iron, you can take me back now."

Four Iron changed tact, "But, sir, then they'd win."

"They wouldn't win, I never took part."

"You signed the agreement, sir."

"No! NO! I never lose to second rates! I'm ready for whatever you've got! Bring it!"

"Hmm, so no rules means we can use what ever we want for equipment? Do you have a store house that we might be able to look through before we begin?"

(ooc:Sorry guys, my roleplaying so far has been pretty bland. I promise, I'll sober up from now on!)

"Oh don't worry about winning, rich peoples golf is about having fun! And don't worry about equipment, my servants are ready to provide anything you could possibly ask for. As for a "motivation", just think of it as me renting out the entire city for the day for us to do whatever we want as long as it vaguely involves getting a ball into a hole". Silver Profit turns to one of his servants. "Chesten, get Mr. Wilson a #46, 105, 243, and 76 for myself" The servant nods in agreement, hands Profit a crossbow, and walks off to get the other items. "The elephant will take a tad to get ready, so I'll go ahead and start us off". Profit jams a golf ball into the bow, stands over a golf tee, that of which's purpose will probably be anything but to hold a ball, and shoots the ball towards a flag marked as 'hole 1'. The ball speeds past the flag and crashes into a lamppost behind it. Profit let's loose a laugh of enjoyment as it does so. "Alright then, who wants to go next?"

CopperCoin walked over to a nearby servant and took a brass blunderbuss that had a detailed silver trim. He then loaded it with several platinum golf balls. "I think I'll enjoy this almost as much as a game of cards." he said to himself with a playful smirk. After his "club" had been readied he walked over to another servant and looked at a rolled up rug that had a color similar to that of rust. "What is this?" He asked the servant. He unrolled it and stood on top of it. "I don't see how this could be used in a game of go-whoa" He was thrown off balance and onto his bum as the rug suddenly took flight from underneath him and rose into the air. "Well, nevermind!" He exclaimed gleefully "I'll just take this then. Off to hole two!" He pointed his blunderbuss in the general direction that Silver Profit had taken his first shot and the rug whisped him away, leaving behind a trail of gold particles that radiated light, making the rust color of the rug look like a royal red and the blunderbuss a heavenly gold. "Quite the collection of equipment you have!" He shouted to Silver Profit as he flew away. "Anypony care to join me!?" He shouted back before he would be too far away to be heard.