[Ponyville] Visions of Frosting and Terror! [Open]

Rosewind

Pinchie returned from her hunt for butterflies... To find one assaulting her mother's face! And by assault, she meant sleep! Which doesn't mean the same thing at all! "Don't worry mommy, I'll save you!" she cried, still stuck in her little imaginative world where butterflies needed to be caught, in the name of justice and freedom! Pinchy launched herself upward to go after the butterfly, though it must've seen its impending capture and flew away!

The butterfly was gone, but now Berry had a filly stuck to her face! Well, not stuck, and not on her face. More like hugging around her neck, hanging like a money. "You leave my mommy alone you blight to the galaxy!" she called to the butterfly, not really considering the amount of front-weight she was putting on her poor mother.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie just kept nodding her head as Pinkie talked on and on about greens and the fact that grass wasn't too appealing.

"Thank you Pinkie but I don't really think that I am here to discuss my Diet, or at least I do not think that these cards are not trying to tell me to eat more greens." She sighed and flipped her mane out of her face before she put her bonnet back on, she figured that she should be wearing it since the wind had started to blow a bit more and she didn't want her mane to be any more mussed up then it already was. She let her gaze set back on Pinkie just before she started to talk to Pumpkin Pie about fireflies and how it would be cute if all the ponies flanks lit up like a firefly's does. At that Apple Pie smirked a bit, it was rather funny to see Pinkie like this, sparatic but still controlled, it was an odd look to accomplish but this single pink pony made it seem all together too easy.

"Well Madam Pinkie, I still don't think that our business here is concluded, but if you wish for me to leave so you can have others in my stead then I will be more then gracious to leave." Apple Pie got up, stretched, swished her tail about and then started to trot towards the opening of the tent.

Pinkie looked down to the floor, biting her lip. She certainly didn't want an unsatisfied customer! It would be terrible if she had to give a refund, especially since she was doing her service for free! "Er...wait! What exactly do you want to know? I can tell you if it'll rain a week from yesterday, or how many flowers might bloom in your garden, or what color they'll be! You want to know about love?! That is a pretty popular one. Howzabout the ultimate fate of Equestria?! Tell me what you need to know, please! I'll try to figure it out!" Pinkie tossed her deck of cards over her shoulder. They rained down like confetti as she shuffled forward, giving a light tug on Apple's tail. "Pllllllllease?! Just give me one more itty bitty teensy tiny little chance more to show you my gypsy power of perception!"

As if to help out Pinkie, Pumpkin Cake put on pouty eyes, pressing her two front hooves together and scrunching her face into probably the most adorable sadface ever. The pink mare nodded satisfactorily to her divining-foal. "That's a good girl, Pumpkin! Work that poutyface! See that filly's facie-wacey, Apple Pie?! Could you deny a look like that?! My Celestia, that's cute!"

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie didn't want to make Madame Pinkie sad so at the first glace of her sad eyes Apple Pie was turned around and sitting back down staring with her blank yet intrigued face at Pinkie Pie.

"I am very sorry Pinkie, I did not mean to upset you. I would like to know if you see a filly or colt in my future for my special somepony, I wouldn't mind either the truth is that working along out in the Buffalo Run Orchards gets rather boring and lonely. I wouldn't mind having somepony to talk to or to make Apple Pies for." She took a deep breath and attempted to crack a smile as a single drop of nervous sweat creased her brow. She wanted to know the answer but she also didn't since if she knew it was going to be paramount to her existence to find this pony and spend obnoxious amounts of time with them.

"If you could tell me that I would be very happy and then I could leave and bake you some apple pie." She said as she wiped the drop of sweat from her brow and with a single unflinching move whipped it off and sent it to the wind. She was ready to hear about her future love life, that is, if she would ever get one Apple Pie couldn't really see herself with anypony but she knew what kind of pony she liked and that always helped to know what your type of eye candy was.

Pinkie Pie giggled, placing her hooves on Apple Pie's shoulders. She smiled widely as she spoke reassuringly. "Of course there's a special somepony out there for you! There's one for me, too! You know I had a dream once about getting married to a stallion that liked to eat butter! How cool is that? Nom nom nom! Heeheeheehee!" Pumpkin stuffed her hoof in her mouth, rolling her eyes. "You'd really bake me a pie?! Really?!" Pinkie glanced over her shoulder at the baby unicorn. "How does more pie sound?!" Pumpkin's face turned a frightening shade of green.

"Huh! Guess not!" Pinkie turned to Apple Pie, clearing her throat. She burst into song, in fact! "There's somepony for everypony, pony pony, love! A pony for you, a pony for me! A pony for Pumpkin, my oh me! Ponies who love, ponies who care, ponies who like to date fillies, with fun country flair!" She nudged Apple. "Best keep your chin up, don't you be silly, for you are quite one of an eligible filly! You'll find your true love one day, so keep your heart open wide. You'll have so many ponies after you, you just won't be able to decide! Pony pony, pony love!" Pinkie swirled her cloak around herself, breaking into a pose. Drool dribbled down Pumpkin's chin.

Pinkie patted Apple's head. "So, yup! You'll find your true love and stuff...I don't need to read your fortune to tell you that!"

ApplePiebanner2.png

Nodding as Pinkie Pie talked, then as she broke out into song Apple Pie couldn't help but sway back and forth to some music that seemed to come from no where. She was entranced that is for sure, she saw visions of fillies and colts all just lined up to take her to a dance or some other fancy thing. Truth was she really did like that whole fancy atmosphere, she didn't fit in it at all but for some reason on the outside looking in she thought their outfits were adorable and they always had the shiniest of things, that was always a plus.

"Thank you Pinkie Pie." Apple Pie grinned and nodded her head a few times after the song finished and Pinkie had spoken a few words about being sure that Apple Pie would find a special somepony. She looked at Pinkie and gave her the most adorable smile the world had ever seen and with that she reached into her bonnet and got out a piece of paper and handed it to Pinkie Pie. It wasn't just a piece of paper though it was an invitation to come on down to APPLEEEOOOOSSSAAAA and get a baker's dozen free apple pies crafted by Apple Pie herself. With that she got up, her tail happily swishing about as she slowly trotted out of the tent, after her eyes adjusted to the light she found a familiar sight, one of her friends Pinchy! But it seemed that Pinchy was currently latched to her mothers neck in what looked like some strange ritual to please the butterfly gods or something to that effect. With a giggle Apple Pie shook her head and started to trot over towards them.

"Pinchy, what, pray tell, are you even doing?" She let out a meep as she recalled that she hadden't introduced herself properly to Pinchy's mother. This must be fixed right away!

"Oh, pardon, forgot my manners. I am Apple Pie, Pinchy and I have been pen pals for a while now and this is of one of the few times that I have actually seen you with her." She tried to grin and not make a fool of herself.

• 2 weeks later...

Berry found herself at a rather awkward position, as Pinchy hung around her adorably...but she felt herself weighted a little at the front, and herself not being the most heavy mare in Ponyville, her balance was a little at stake - if this were to go on for too long, she'dmost likely wind up tipped muzzle first into the dirt!

" [colour=#ee82ee]Pinchy[/colour]! " Berry squeaks, trying to coax the young filly from her current position, tenuously poking at her with a shoulder - the offending butterfly having removed itself in time before the youngster could even get to it, her effort to protect her mother...whilst noble...having simpky been no match for the quick speed and agility of a butterfly in full movement. " [colour=#ee82ee]Ruby, hun, could you please... [/colour]"

[colour=#00FF00]"Pinchy, what, pray tell, are you even doing?"[/colour]

Berry paused and looked around - her entire attention had been swung enough away from reality for long enough that she hadn't noticed the other filly looking up at her and pinchy with an amused but questioning smile on her features. [colour=#00FF00]"Oh, pardon, forgot my manners. I am Apple Pie, Pinchy and I have been pen pals for a while now and this is of one of the few times that I have actually seen you with her."[/colour]

" [colour=#ee82ee]OH, it's...it's nice to meet you, Apple - I'm sorry, she's... [/colour]" Berry paused, and looked at pinchy with a small chuckle before speaking. " [colour=#ee82ee]Well, sweetie, aren't you gonna go and meet your friend[/colour]?[colour=#ee82ee] It's a little rude for you to just be stuck to me like this away from her whilst one of your friends is being so polite[/colour]! "

She blinked and looks back around the line for a moment...it didn't seem nearly as long as before - well, that certainly wasn't a bad thing at least.

Ruby's ears perked at the familiar sound of her friend, quickly detaching herself from the mare's neck and smiling to Apple Pie. [colour=#dda0dd]"Hi Apple! I was saving my mother from mutant alien butterflies from the planet Flora, looking to hypnotize mommies everywhere and make them force their children to do chores and homework and other boring stuff!"[/colour] To emphasize her imaginative point, she wiggled her hooves in front of her face like a couple of insect-y mandibles [colour=#dda0dd]"Raawr!"[/colour]

But, her public service announcement over, she cleared her throat and spoke a bit more calmly. [colour=#dda0dd]"Though really, we're waiting to see Madame Pinkie and I got bored. Did you get to see Madame Pinkie? What did she tell you? What did she show you? Could you see into the cosmos? What's 'Fa'?"[/colour]

So curious was this little one, but soon she'd find out for herself the inner workings of this mystical Madame Pinkie.

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie turned her head sharply and looked at this creature who was speaking at them all. With a bemused look she sighed.

[colour=#00ff00]"That would in fact be for the best, in other news if you would let me I will be stopping over to your house this weekend Mrs Punch."[/colour] Apple Pie turned her gaze back to Pinchy and her mother. The two worked well together, it wasn't as if Pinchy was an unruly child that couldn't be controlled but Berry also let her explore and use her imagination which unlike most mothers made her cool in Apple Pie's non-existent book. She let out a very soft and faint giggle at Pinchy's words about a Alien Butterfly Army from the planet Flora, this would have to be later researched when Pinchy and herself could capture some fine specimens to...play with. Sure Pinchy's mind worked differently then most filly's but so did Apple Pie's and together they made a very interesting combo, one that was to be feared and respected. With a nod and a pat to Pinchy's head Apple Pie turned and started to trot away knowing that Berry's answer would of course be a yes.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ff0000]Looks like it's my turn...I can do this...just keep an open mind about it...maybe she really has something going...though, judging from the other ponies that came out, I can expect strange things...[/colour]

Harrington breathed in deeply and entered the little tent from the front of the line outside. He looked straight forward to Pinkie Pie, seeing the little foal, Pumpkin Pie, with her.

[colour=#ff0000]I remember her...from the apple farm...the bump feels like it's coming back...[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Hi...Madame Pinkie, was it? I'm Harrington Sleuth, in case you forgot since the last time we met..."[/colour]

He started running through several things he could ask Pinkie Pie for to try his hand at her unconventional wisdom. Finally, he settled on a starter question to get things going and dive into the realm beyond sanity.

[colour=#ff0000]"Is there any chance I might one day...become a Royal Detective?" [/colour]he asked with a twinkle in his eye. He could at least put on the impression that he would take some of her advice.

Pinkie Pie set about straightening her tent. Rarity's tablecloth needed brushing off, fireflies needed catching, and crumbs and tufts of shredded grass had cluttered up her shaggy carpet beneath her table. Pumpkin sat at her perch on one of her overstuffed, quilted pillows, absentmindedly sucking her hoof. A firefly landed on her little horn. She had looked up with her twinkling blue eyes to stare at the soft, glowing light, when a stranger shuffled into the tent. Pinkie adjusted her headdress for the umpteenth time, her multicolored beads glittering in the soft gloom of the gypsy tent. She twirled back her lavender cloak, bobbing in a curtsy to her new guest. [colour=#ED458B]"Good fortunes to you, Sir! Welcome to my marvelous mystical...er, whatever it is! I am Madame Pinkie...and...hey, I saw you before! You were at that apple thing! Remember, him, Pumpkin?" [/colour]

The foal smiled widely and nodded with gusto. Oh yes she did.

[colour=#ED458B]"I take it you're here to have your fortune read?! You're in the right place, buckaroo!"[/colour] Pinkie shuffled behind Harrington, scooching a woven wicker chair up for the stallion. [colour=#ED458B]"You get to pick how we'll read your fortune today! What's that...you want to know if you'll be a Royal Detective?"[/colour] Pinkie tapped her hoof to her chin, thinking out loud. [colour=#ED458B]"Royal detectives don't exist, silly!" [/colour]She glanced left and right, leaning in to whisper in Harrington's ear. [colour=#ED458B]"At least not officially. But you didn't hear that from me, no sirree!" [/colour]The pink mare gritted her teeth, looking rather worried. She raised her voice. [colour=#ED458B]"Are you sure there aren't any other fortunes you'd like me to read? Maybe less sensitive ones? I haven't done a banana reading yet. Ever had one of those done?" [/colour]Pinkie shuffled over to her tent flap and peeked out. She saw a line of various ponies. Smiling, she briefly waved to them. She then glanced around throughly before stealing back into the depths of her tent. [colour=#ED458B]"I'm glad you weren't followed, but it's hard to say with my little line out there. The mother with the foal look especially suspicious."[/colour]

Pumpkin looked around for a good object to throw, but she wasn't able to find anything fun.

[colour=#ED458B]"Harrington, I'll be honest with you. I know you're not here for a fortune. You're here to pick up a package, right?"[/colour]

Berry could almost swear she'd seen a small peek of the mare whom proclaimed to be doing such fantabulous fortunes...and although it really shouldn't have surprised her, it seemed that Madame pinkie was that one rather energetic filly whom was best known for being the most hyperactive creature within 50 miles of this particular location - for a moment, Berry pondered whether she was the kind of influence she wanted leaving an impression on her young Pinchy, but it seemed as though the young unicorn had such an eager expression when pinkie had peeked out to see the line that there really felt as though this was the point of no return...they were in this line to see just what kind of crazy she'd cooked up this time. Whatever was going to come next, well that would just have to come!

Still, this didn't dissuade Berry from being her usually overprotective parent pony self - things like Pinkies seemingly endless amounts of energy and tactless talkativeness with seemingly no real tangential thought set her on edge a little, as the last thing she wanted to encourage in Pinchy was more hyperactivity...

"[colour=#ee82ee] [/colour][colour=#dda0dd]Now, hun.[/colour] " She starts, looking over at her youngster with a small smile. " [colour=#dda0dd]Madame Pinkie might say a few...odd things...and generally be a little, uh, weird - however, that's just who she is, and for the most part I'd say just don't take everything she says TOO close to heart.[/colour] " she pauses, glancing back at the tent with a raised eyebrow. " [colour=#dda0dd]We'll both get our fortunes told, though...I mean, we're already here so we might as well see how deep the rabbit hole of the so-called'fa' goes[/colour]! "

There was no way of really knowing just what the crackpot equine dressed up in her fancy garb was going to say or make manifest, and Berry knew that - but still, something like this wasn't something she did everyday, and it was safe to say her nerves were a-jangling a little.

" [colour=#dda0dd]Whatever she has to say though, I'm...I'm sure it'll be interesting - I mean, the other ponies seemed happy enough, right[/colour]? "

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh...alright, then. And yes, I was out at Sweet Apple Acres...in line with you..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]The headache comes back to mind...[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"And...a banana reading? I don't think I've ever done one of those before..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]I knew I'd be in for a strange run-in with her...though I'd rather she be chipper like this than bitter over that contest a while back. But this is HER we're talking about...[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"A...package? I'm not sure I follow, Madame...well, royal or not, a government detective job would be nice somewhere...what kind of package would you have for me? And why do you have it? Are you stealing my mail? How could you even get to it?"[/colour]

He started rattling off into interrogation mode with how suspicious he was starting to get. He thought it would have been strange at best, but for whatever reason, he was starting to suspect foul play with her bringing up a package.

Pinkie put her hoof to Harrington's mouth, attempting to stave off the flood of questions. She glanced around nervously, breaking into a hushed whisper. [colour=#ED458B]"Sssssssh! Are you crazy?! Do you want them to hear you?!" [/colour]Pinkie dropped her hoof, stamping it on her shaggy carpet. [colour=#ED458B]"Ponies 'in the know' should know better than to discuss sensitive information where suspects can hear. That's the first tenet of detective work! Trust me, I have experience with these things!"[/colour]

Pumpkin, meanwhile, had procured her bottle, still half-full of her mother's milk that Apple Pie didn't finish. She was still much too full from her blueberry wheat pie, so instead elected to throw it instead. Pinkie poked Harrington's shoulder. [colour=#ED458B]"Now, do you want that pack...DUCK!"[/colour] The bottle sailed through the air...

[colour=#ff0000]"...You have me officially confused. I don't know why we're keeping this thing hush-hush. In-the-know? I might be if I knew what this was about to begin with...I wasn't expecting something like this to come up in a fortune-teller's tent. If only this led to some big development like a mafia sting operation...tenets of detective work. I solve mysteries. I don't make them happen. What is up with--"[/colour]

Before he could continue his interrogation, the bottle bounced once before drilling him square in his forehead, causing a pang and headache of similar magnitude to when Pumpkin Cake lobbed the apple rattle at him out at the farm. The sudden stop shifted the contents inside toward the top and sprayed some of the milk away from Harrington, back toward the direction it was thrown from.

[colour=#ff0000]"Oof!"[/colour] He staggered back a few steps before he shook it off and moved back into the tent. [colour=#ff0000]"Is this your way of telling me my fortune looks bleak?[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]I'm not sure what to make of this visit. Is it was interesting that it wasn't what I expected or dreadful because of the unexpected?[/colour]

Pumpkin's delight was short-lived. The backlash from the shift of the milk showered her with the contents of the bottle. Justice! She crossed her arms, her orange ducktail mane drooping sadly as it dripped with milk. Pinkie put her hooves to her mouth, her blue eyes wide. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh...oh my! Pumpkin, you know we don't throw things at friends! I mean sure, he's a slightly spooky detective, but...you know, I'm not really sure where I'm going with this." [/colour]She shifted her gaze back to Harrington. [colour=#ED458B]"Sorry about that! I think it's past Pumpkin's nappy time and she's a teensy bit cranky!"[/colour] Pinkie cleared her throat, adjusted her headdress, and leaned in close to Harrington's ear. [colour=#ED458B]"The kumquat is picked at midnight. Good luck, Agent Berry Buttons!" [/colour]

Pinkie slipped Harrington a plain scroll. It was rolled tightly and tied with black string.

P4iiq.png

[colour=#ff0000]I am so confused right now. I came here to get some kind of fortune and she does all this weird, secret code stuff. We're not in the mafia, Madame Pinkie. Even I'm having trouble decoding her message, and I'm supposed to be in on it. The kumquat is picked at midnight? The buck does that even mean?[/colour]

Harrington chucked a little when he saw the foal's bottle backfire onto her. He then looked down at the scroll Pinkie handed him, prompting him to give it the look that matched his sentiments at the moment. No idea what to do with it except stash it in his saddlebag. Even if it was real, for now, he could at least entertain this notion that he and Pinkie were up to something and keep the matter on the down-low.

[colour=#ff0000]"Is there anything else you have to say? Perhaps when I might meet somepony important? It doesn't have to be that special somepony...it might be, but I was thinking more along professional lines."[/colour]

Pathfinder.png

The foggy mind played all manner of delusions and misconstrued an endless stream of events. What partial joy came with a mind so cluttered with misinformation and madness due to thoughts and images was paltry compared to how Pathfinder panicked as her awareness continued to waver. Trying to recall anything other than her endemic knowledge of Daring Do and all associated works, official and otherwise, became a chore. Perhaps that wasn't too unusual as her mind was always clogged with that knowledge but it was still a worrying development that further clouded Pathfinder as she wandered about Ponyville seeking aid. That would teach her for messing with treasure troves. No, no it wouldn't and she knew it, but it had still been a poor experience.

It had started off so well, too. A nice little cave in the Whitetail that she had never seen before opened itself to her and she was more than happy to oblige it, despite the red flags that shot out around it. First and foremost, it hadn't been there the previous seven times she had been in the area and she was sure she had done a good job scouting it. She was willing to chalk that up to luck. As she had traversed the cave, she noticed no other living creature dared enter, not the spider or rat nor snake or squirrel. The air seemed light and filled with the aroma of perfume. Not something she was used to experiencing out in the wild. She was willing to chalk it up to whatever crazy pony cult called it home.

The final red flag had been, of course, the giant pile of treasure she had found. Gemstones, the finest jewels and finery, piles of gold and bits. Rare antiques piled on top of fine rugs with the smell of incense burning around her as the dim and flaring lamps seemed to cast long shadows on only certain objects, such as the statues made out of gold. Some voice had started to whisper in her ear about temptation and consequences and blah blah blah. She had just dived right into the pile and cackled in an insane fashion as she tossed the bits and gold into the air. The voice huffed and a moment later the lamps blazed to life with full-on infernos that stretched to the high ceiling above, the flames wrapping all around and lighting the room in full. The gold statues were of ponies with terrified expressions. The gems had miniature diamond dog collars. Terrified minotaurs were petrified eternally on the face side of the bits around her while the patterns of griffons caught in flight out were etched into the rugs.

The cave rumbled, the flames wrapped around to form smiles and the voices of a thousand trapped adventurers rose from the very treasure around her. Most adventurers would have freaked out, but Pathfinder was merely annoyed as the genie lord of the treasure appeared at the entrance to the room and laughed bitterly. As he launched into a diabolical diatribe regarding the nature of greed and how she was going to join his treasure trove in perpetuity. She wasn't listening to his long-winded explanation. Instead, she dove and dove and dove through the trove, ignoring the warning and screams from the poor saps who had fallen prey before. Finally, she found what she was looking for: The Genie's Lamp, which was at the very bottom. Her victory appeared to be short lived, however. Her wings started to turn to gold pieces. Her back hooves started to turn as hard and bright as diamond. She could feel bits forming on her insides.

Quickly she rubbed the lamp and everything went black- not dark, but a pure, unyielding black.

When she had awoken, she was in the whitetail woods and hurt all over. She coughed up some bits, discovered she had a lamp, and a mind that was fogged terribly by it's presence. Yet, she could not say no. Could not part with it. Some compulsion revolved inside of her to give it not to the wild, but to somepony. Her migraine screamed anypony. Her hammering, foggy mind, drove her to Ponyville. Her blurry eyes saw a small line while her fractured mind told her that Madame Pinkie was a perfect pony to solve her problem. The only pony.

And so Pathfinder stumbled into line, her wings flapping aimlessly and without flight and her eyes zoning in and out of focus, hooves tangling with just about anything.

Meanwhile...

Pumpkin Cake started to cry. Hard. [colour=#ffa500]"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" [/colour]

She was tired, and annoyed at getting splashed with mare's milk, even if she thoroughly deserved it. Salty tears streamed down her cheeks, her blueberry-tinged face turning a light shade of purple as she threw her tantrum. Pinkie Pie launched into foalsitter mode. She nodded at Harrington as she scooped the baby unicorn into her hooves, her lavender cloak fluttering behind her. The foal wept, kicking out her little hooves. Pinkie grabbed the edge of her robe and started to dry the foal off, murmuring to her in soothing, hushed tones. [colour=#ED458B]"There there, little filly! You shouldn't throw things or you might end up wearing them! Hoo, believe me, I've learned this a million times already!"[/colour] After a few minutes, Pumpkin seemed to calm down. Her ducktail mane was a mess. Pinkie carried her over to Harrington, rocking her in the crook of her arm. [colour=#ED458B]"Sorry about that! It's been a long day for her. I should've brought her crib along or something!"[/colour] The little foal stuffed her hoof in her mouth. She suckled for a few moments, then withdrew it, her hoof dripping with drool. She reached out to boop Harrington's snout. [colour=#ED458B]"Awww! I think she's making friends!" [/colour]

Pinkie grinned at the stallion. [colour=#ED458B]"So, you want to know if you'll meet your special somepony? And a professional? Oh right...that kind of professional." [/colour]Pinkie nudged him with her elbow, winking. [colour=#ED458B]"Look for a red aubergine two months from now in the Ponyville marketplace. Try not to get caught by you-know-who when you tell her the password. You remember the password, right? It's "chocolate candle stick."[/colour] Pumpkin yawned sleepily. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh gee, well! This was really fun! You should stop by Sugarcube Corner sometime when you're not on business, right?"[/colour] Pinkie winked again, nudging him. [colour=#ED458B]"Don't get followed, Agent Berry Buttons!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh, no, it's quite alright."[/colour] Harrington seemed interested in how Pinkie was handling the foal she was looking after while operating her sideshow fortune-teller hut. He listened to Pinkie's instructions when she answered his question even if it didn't sound very conventional or serious. [colour=#ff0000]"Okay...alright...sounds like...a plan. I'll drop by when I can, but there might not be any guarantee I'll be in Ponyville for long. I suppose I shall see you around when I do."[/colour]

And with that, the P.I. Pegasus left the shack and began to unbolt his rickshaw-style trailer wagon. He pondered Pinkie's advice, strange as it was and random as her methods were (banana reading? Seriously?). [colour=#ff0000]It's at least worth a try to humor her[/colour], he thought. For the moment, he wondered about what other place he might travel off to or if he was just going to stay in Ponyville for the night before resolving his next destination. He loosened the bolt and walked through town, leaving the "fortune teller" behind.

Pinkie Pie set Pumpkin back on her pillow. She curled up and quickly dozed off. The pink mare pulled off her woven, lavender cloak and draped it over the baby unicorn, brushing her little ducktail. She cooed sleepily, stuffing one end of the pillow into her mouth as she started her nap. Pinkie's heart melted. She turned her attention to her most recent visitor. The flap of the tent fluttered slightly from a gust of breeze outside, thin wisps of sunlight shining in. She blinked, brushing a stray firefly away from her face. He was gone! [colour=#ED458B]"Oooh, he's good! Oh, oops!" [/colour]Pinkie put her hoof to her mouth. Since Pumpkin was now napping, she thought it would probably be a good idea to keep the tent quiet as she possibly could.

Pinkie trotted over to the tent flap and poked her head out, whispering in a hushed tone:

[colour=#ED458B]"Ppppsssst! Next in line, please! And we have a napping foal, so please come in quietly, spokey dokie okie?! Good! Great! Fantastic!"[/colour]

(OOC: Alright, first role play... this seems interesting. Let's see how I do...)

Another day, another bit, Static thought to himself as he glided through the air towards the quaint town of Ponyville.

Yet again it was just another day at the Weather Factory in Cloudsdale. Nothing new or interesting, but things like that didn't bother him too much. Sometimes he preferred a nice, quiet day to a hectic, everything-is-going-wrong type of day. He liked having a challenge at work, but today he thought he was feeling mellow.

I wonder if anything new has popped up in Ponyville. Been a while since I stopped by. All I ever felt like doing for the past few weeks was hanging out at home after work.

Static Arc finally found his mark and sailed down to a small clearing in the middle of the town square. Ponies were bustling about, running errands and talking to friends. It kind of made him a bit sad, knowing that he didn't have that sort of interaction with other ponies. All he ever did has get up from bed at eight in the morning, go to work, make sure clouds were functioning properly for a good three to nine hours depending on the day, and flew home to relax.

He was never really the 'let's be friends' type, but sometimes it was nice to have some talk to him for a while, do something with another pony, ANTHING.

Static shook his head and let out a sigh. He started to walk down towards the market district, feeling a little hungry.

Mabye I could stop by Sugarcube Corner. Havn't been there in a while. I could go for some cupcakes right about now.

As Sugarcube Corner reached Static Arc's vision, he noticed a small tent perched right next to the bakery. There also seemed to be a line coming from the entrance.

Hmm, havn't seen that before. But then again, I was gone for good bit.

As Static approached the tent, his curiousity peaked, he saw a fellow pegasus bolt out of the tent. After a while, he could make out a pink pony sticking her head out of the tent flap, saying something, but he couldn't make it out.

He went behind the last pony in line, wanting to find out what this was about, and decided to ask the pegasus in front of him about the tent.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Excuse me, umm, miss, but could you tell me what the tent up front is for? I just got her so..."[/colour]

As Static Arc got a better look at the mare, he noticed something seemed... off about her. Her wings kept flapping and she looked a bit jittery.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Hey, are you okay? Is something the matter? You don't look so good."[/colour]

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder felt completely normal as she turned to the new pony, who seemingly had some concern over her. It was nice, but alas, Pathfinder was perfectly fine and normal. In fact, she'd say it! She'd say it so clearly and leave no doubt that she was perfectly fine.

[colour=#006400]"!airuatnec esiarP ?eb ti t'ndluow yhW !enif si gnihtyreve esruoc fO" [/colour]Pathfinder squawked in varying tones, her eyes bugging out to and fro and her wings extending regally and then flapping like she was a chicken with her head cut off. She stumbled about before freezing up. Her mind locked up and she was as still as a statue. Then just as suddenly, she sat down on her flank.

[colour=#006400]"Baquawk! Baquawk!" [/colour]She was a chicken, right? Maybe not. She shook her head and looked at the pegasus who had asked the question.

[colour=#006400]"I'm fine. A bit of a headache though. How're you?"[/colour] Pathfinder asked utterly normal. She stood up and stomped on the ground a few times, then sat down again. No explanation needed.

As this new mare turned around to acknowledge Static, the first thing that met him as strange was that she looked almost exactly like a certain heroine from one of his favourite fiction novels. Since he ever started to pick up reading from a young age, he was more interested in history books, or anything non-fiction, but the Daring Do books were always a very nice read to him. From what Static saw from in front of him, he knew right away that this mare needed help. She was obviously either mentally unstable, or just simply confused.

W-wait a moment, isn't Daring Do a... fictional charactor? This is odd, but very interesting. What is this mare's story to dress up like a charactor from a novel?

[colour=#006400]"!airuatnec esiarP ?eb ti t'ndluow yhW !enif si gnihtyreve esruoc fO"[/colour]

...Okay now, something is definately wrong.

Static just simply stared at this strange pegasus, flapping her wings about, stumbling around to and fro, speaking utter gibberish, almost oblivious to what she was doing. He never had to deal with anything like this, but he knew he had to do something, even if he was afraid of this mare attacking him or something.

Before Static could voice his concern for this obviously confused mare, she started to... act like a chicken?

[colour=#006400]"Baquawk! Baquawk!" [/colour]

Static was now visibly afraid of her, backing away slightly as this mare sat down on her flank and cried at Static.

Static almost thought of bolting out of the line, flying up to Cloudsdale to his house, locking the door and cower in a corner, but then the pegasus suddenly shook her head like a dog and zapped out of her stupor.

[colour=#006400]"I'm fine. A bit of a headache though. How're you?"[/colour]

The mare then stood up, stomped her hooves a few times, and sat back down, waiting for Static's answer.

Uh, that's it? You're just gonna stand there like everything is fine when you just acted like a complete madcolt? I have to help this mare out somehow. I'm not much of a therapist, but...

Static retracted the steps he took, sat right in front of this mare and looked her in the eyes, hopefully looking for something out of place.

[colour=#40E0D0]"Hey, umm, I really doubt you're as fine as you say. If you saw what I saw, you would agree. Now, about this headache you have, could you explain to me more about it, like when it first showed up, what you were doing before you got here, and why you're here? I want to help you out. Oh, and umm, I'm doing alright, thanks for asking."[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0][colour=#222222]Alright, not too bad if I say so myself, but hopefully I wasn't too awkward with her.[/colour] [/colour]

Archived