Greetings from Doodle Dev!

DoodleDev

Hey everyone! Looks like I'll be getting back into role playing thanks to this forum!

A little about my pony love:

I've loved MLP since I was a wee filly. I've been casually collecting the toys since my grandma bought me my first pony, Tassles (Middle pony in this image http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/gra ... merry2.jpg) My pony name here is Doodle Dev, but I will be role playing as other pony characters I have created in light of the new show.

And little about the real me:

The name is Sara, and I'm currently residing in Ohio, Yawn capital of the USA! Corn as far as the eye can see! Enough corrupted state government to last you a thousand lifetimes! Ahem, anyways... I love cartoons, drawing, and the occasional drunken party. I'm also a furry. Go ahead and laugh all you like, I love the community! I even fursuit when I get the chance.

And now, I'm off to make reference sheets! *zoom*

Hey, DoodleDev! Welcome to the Equestria forums. :D

I actually live in Louisville, KY so I'm probably not THAT far away from you. Plus if you're near Columbus, you probably get all the shiny Hasbro toys (like MLP) before everyone else.

I look forward to seeing your ref sheets!

Hey, DoodleDev! Welcome to the Equestria forums. :D

I actually live in Louisville, KY so I'm probably not THAT far away from you. Plus if you're near Columbus, you probably get all the shiny Hasbro toys (like MLP) before everyone else.

I look forward to seeing your ref sheets!

Heh, yeah, I live really close to Columbus, about a half hour west of the outer highway loop. My local Wal-Mart is TERRIBLE about keeping up to date with the latest pony toys, and the closest Toys R Us is almost an hour and a half away now that they closed the one close to the highway! It's torture when a new line comes out because it's such a terrible drive up there XD

Hello Doodle Dev, nice to meet you. I can relate to the endless cornfields and corrupt state government; I'm right next door in Indiana. A friend of mine is a furry, so no worries about that. It's cool to be meeting more artsy people here; I look forward to seeing you around the boards. :)

edit: altered carelessly worded sentence, might have made a bad impression :/

Hello Doodle Dev, nice to meet you. I can relate to the endless cornfields and corrupt state government; I'm right next door in Indiana. A friend of mine is a furry, so no worries about that. It's cool to be meeting more artsy people here; I look forward to seeing you around the boards. :)

edit: altered carelessly worded sentence, might have made a bad impression :/

Lol, no worries! First impressions don't last long with me, I always give people more of a chance with that XD

There is nothing wrong with being a furry; every fandom I ever been involved in I always discovered is a lot different than the stereotypes.

While that IS true, I still receive bad attention every now and then when I tell people that. :\

There is nothing wrong with being a furry; every fandom I ever been involved in I always discovered is a lot different than the stereotypes.

While that IS true, I still receive bad attention every now and then when I tell people that. :\

Unfortunately that seems to be a constant. "Hey, they're into something that I don't like or have negative preconceptions about. There must be something wrong with them!"

I compare furries to Star Trek fandom. Some folks are cool and watch the show (aka, like the art). Some folks wear communicator pins and have a few toys. (Commissioned art, ears.) Some go to cons. (Furry cons.) Some are Klingons that stomp around Burger King and demand the blood of the innocent when reaching for ketchup. (Fursuit sex.)

Omg yes, this is a perfect comparison! I'm pretty much as furry as casually fursuiting in public places (Even if it's not a convention) but that's as far as I go. The whole fursuit sex and murry purry aspect is a bit too far off the map for me. I mean, I don't mind drawing to a more adult theme, just as long as it STAYS a fantasy.

Yep, I didn't think our forums would take off because I'm labeled heavily as a "furfag" to most people. But look at it now, 100 users baby! Woo woo!

Man, haters are going to hate, using an old meme; besides I have no doubt there is a larger crossover between furry and FiM fandom (and 4chan) than most people realize mainly because furfans, like more other "geek" fandom participates, don't go around announcing it to people (heck I don't yell "I'm a B5 fan!" to anyone :) ). Heck half of the art I see on ED's drawfriend posts are from folks who are furry and just post the images to both FA and DA. *shurgs*

I compare furries to Star Trek fandom. Some folks are cool and watch the show (aka, like the art). Some folks wear communicator pins and have a few toys. (Commissioned art, ears.) Some go to cons. (Furry cons.) Some are Klingons that stomp around Burger King and demand the blood of the innocent when reaching for ketchup. (Fursuit sex.)

That comparison is pretty much spot on and so accurate you could apply it to almost any fandom. Heck, when I go to Sci-Fi conventions, most cosplaying Trekkies I meet are there to just have fun and relax, and do it for the conventions. I never meant any who take it to some extreme level (no doubt there are a few). Same with friends of mine who are into fursuiting; I personally don't get it, but I realize they do it just for fun at conventions and the like and nothing crazy like "fursuit sex" (but again, no doubt there are a few people who do that too).

That comparison is pretty much spot on and so accurate you could apply it to almost any fandom.

Thanks. :) For the record, I used to cut up old polo shirts when I was a kid and hand-sewed bits to other shirts so I'd have Star Trek TNG shirts to wear when I was playing "Away Team"... and last year I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of the Star Trek Online game, just so I'd have the shiny metal pin. ^_^

Thanks. :) For the record, I used to cut up old polo shirts when I was a kid and hand-sewed bits to other shirts so I'd have Star Trek TNG shirts to wear when I was playing "Away Team"... and last year I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of the Star Trek Online game, just so I'd have the shiny metal pin. ^_^

Next Generation, I think I watched every episode of that when it premiered for seven years straight, so I am pretty "bad" when it comes to that franchise as well. :lol:

Still have my Enterprise D model :D