New to RP

MasterMustang

Hey everypony. I haven't role played in a long time so I am pretty much a beginner again. Any suggestions to what I should jump in on for practice? Content does matter to me as long as its not too... erotic. Not into that. Hope to have some fun with you all.

MM ^^

Hi there! I highly suggest you check out our Roleplay for Newbies Guide, We have three types of roleplay environments here at Canterlot. World of Equestria (or Mane RP). It's strict in terms of what characters we'll allow, but it's also the closest you'll find to a roleplay centered around the flavor, canon, and subtext of FiM here. To roleplay here will require you to develop an application. The others are Crossovers and Free for All. Neither require an application, but you will need to have a single approved application for Mane RP before you'll be allowed to post in the Crossovers or Mane RP area.

The primary thing to remember is that on a site like this there are several different styles of RPs. All you really need to do is just find the style that suits you. Most of, if not all of the erotic stuff is banned everywhere except the 18+ section in the Free For All section. An easy way to think of things for this site, (if you're looking for the Mane RP) is that if it's not something that could be found in the show, then it's something that won't be found here. As long as you keep that in mind, most of the characters that you come up with will have no problems.

Same thing applies to the RP side of it. If it's something that couldn't really be done by a pony in the show, then the best, and safest option would be not to do it on here. If you're looking to test the waters of role-play before jumping into mane, then I would suggest finding an RP that suits your style of RP in the FFA section. There, it doesn't require an approved character to participate in, and you can at least get a glimpse of what some of the RPs will be like.

As Rosewind stated as well though, until you have an approve character, posting would be restricted to the FFA section. the FFA section is a perfect place to work on character concepts as well for the Mane RP. A chance to play-test a character that you're wanting to play before apping it. I'm not currently participating in any FFA threads at the moment, so I don't really have any threads to show, but you can get a general feel of everything just by browsing the sections. If you develop any questions, this community is pretty helpful, and we'll try to best answer any questions that come up.

Thanks, currently I have a pending application but I am waiting for comments and suggestions so that I can edit and create a final draft. If you could look at my character I would be grateful.

Thanks, currently I have a pending application but I am waiting for comments and suggestions so that I can edit and create a final draft. If you could look at my character I would be grateful.

This is another common bit of confusion. We on the RP Helper team do not review applications until they are marked as final. Tagging an app as WIP tells us you're not done with it and you don't want us to look at your app yet. When you are finished with an app and want one of us to start going over the app for you, you should instead label it as final.

Generally speaking apps will not receive a lot of comments, and especially not by anyone on the RP team, until you've changed it from WIP to final (When you do change it make sure you simply edit the title for the thread using the full editor. Do not start a new topic).

Hope that helps. :)