A (flawed) masterpiece of design {Open!}

Lilia

Hope stared at the intricate necklace she had spent the last three weeks crafting, the gold and silver threads weaving to shimmer beautifully in the dawn sunlight. The burnished gold mare sighed in relief as she laid the necklace down carefully, tears of pride welling in her rose colored eyes. She had worked so hard on the piece, and all it took was one more item and her latest masterpiece would be complete. She had been frantically searching for the one pendant that would complete her work, a bronze medallion that needed etched with her typical logo of a heart. She took greatest pride in her newest piece, waiting rather impatiently for the mail pony to arrive with the needed medallion.

After finishing the designs with Rarity for her dress, Ice wanted to hopefully find somepony that she could get a necklace from that would be able to match the new dress as well as one that matched her old one if possible. In fact she thought that she would try to do that one first. It would be a lot easier to get a necklace for something she knew it's looks for than for one she has to wait to be made. She knew that with Rarity making the dress it was going to be nothing short of amazing, and she couldn't even wait. She walked around Ponyville trying to think of a good place. She walked into one of the small shops trying to think of what would be nice and she saw that the jeweler had been crying. Immediately alarmed Ice looked around to make sure everything was okay before asking, "Hey, is everything okay?" not realizing they were tears of joy not sadness.

• 1 month later...

Hope looked at the mare who addressed her, smiling warmly. "[colour=gold]Everything is fine. My masterpiece is finally finished...and I am glad to see how beautifully it turned out. The only thing I regret about it is that some of the gold has given itself a rather sad looking tarnish from the workings...[/colour]" She said simply, straightening the necklace in front of her for display. She was eager to know if it was what the other mare was looking for.