Perseid Meteor Shower

Darkwind

A couple of times when I was a kid, my family drove out into the middle of the desert to see the best possible view of the Perseids. The night sky in such a remote place is a wonderful sight that everyone should see at least once in their life (especially with a meteor shower). Simply turning off your house lights will not do the night sky justice if you live anywhere near a source of massive light pollution.

My town in Arizona was awesome. Like, some nights, I could walk the streets at night, and totally see clearly, the moon was so bright. There weren't a lot of street lights in the town, and even then, they weren't always on. So I could go stand in the middle of the street, look up, and see every star. I definitely miss the sky now that I live in Washington.

Well I may not have gone to the desert, but I was able to see six bright meteors and one faint one during the 1-2 hours I was outside tonight. I'd say that's a good score.

http://bedford-nh.patch.com/articles/when-is-the-best-time-to-watch-the-meteor-shower

So who's going to go out at peak time this weekend to watch the meteors? I live on a beach so I think I'll go out on the shore and watch. Providing it doesn't rain of course.

Heard about it last night. I'm going to the shore as well tonight, so this'll be fun! :3

I went outside last night to see if I could spot anything. Some not-very-wise person was setting off fireworks and making the sky all smoky, and a nearby whatever had a bunch of spotlights on. No celestial gazing for me!

Youtube delivers, at least:

I went outside last night to see if I could spot anything. Some not-very-wise person was setting off fireworks and making the sky all smoky, and a nearby whatever had a bunch of spotlights on. No celestial gazing for me!

2 words. Stupidity Deterrent.

sniper_hottie.jpg