Return to Ravnica (M:TG) Interest gauge and brainstorming

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Faithful Dawn

Sex: Female

Appearance: A smooth white/gray coat with a wavy blonde mane and tail. She wears light clothing based meant for mobility and comfort.

Species: Pegasus

Physique: Slender and curvy.

Eye Color: Light violet.

Cutie Mark: A heart encircled by rings of fire, to represent her generosity and conviction.

Origin/Residence: Ravnica

Guild: None

Occupation: Watching over Ravnica's many streets as a guardian, often putting down members of the Cult of Rakdos who stray too far out of line.

Motivation: To protect those who cannot protect themselves, to make a brighter future of the foals of Ravnica.

Likes: Sweets, celebrations, caring for orphans or the sick and elderly.

Dislikes: Cruel creatures, bullies, sour foods.

Strengths: Combat, standard medical care, cooking and dancing.

Flaws: Often hot-headed, shows clear disdain for members of the Cult of Rakdos or Orzhov Syndicate.

Personality: Gentle, generous, clever, and hotheaded. Faithful does everything she can for Ravnica and the ponies in it. She has made it a personal agenda to protect the weaker ponies and push for a brighter, better future in her eyes. Often overzealous of her cause, she sometimes ignores political issues, refusing to let them control her actions.

Character Summary: Born into a family of Boros Legion warriors, and on the day of her birth Razia, the Boros Archangel herself came to their steading, drawing all eyes to her. As a gift to the family whose service has lasted for thousands of years, she placed the greatest of her bows, which had the power to cut one's spirit and physical being, inside Faithful's young blood using a forbidden ritual. Ever since, she has had the weapon Razia's Fury coursing through her blessed veins. Faithful was always expected to be like her parents, a fighter for Ravnica and honor. However, even as a young foal, she never truly fit in with the rest of the family. While she was as skilled and hot-headed as they, she lacked the deeper emotional requirements necessary of a Boros Legionnaire, not to mention the presence of Ravia's bow inside of her didn't help things either. It was her first street battle in the League of Wojek that she discovered her greatest weakness: she hated killing other ponies, no matter what they did. She doubted herself on her own abilities, wondering what she was fighting for. After the struggle, she was reprimanded by her officers and her parents for showing such weakness. One night, while wondering Ravnica's streets, she stumbled upon a small orphan filly and one of the Cult of Rakdos' minions. It appeared as though he was going to kill the poor orphan, and Faithful rushed in without thinking. Taking the minion by surprise, she quickly dispatched of him. Throwing the knocked out creature into the street, she took the orphan and rushed away from the scene. After bringing the filly back to her orphanage, she realized that her cutie mark had appeared. Upon glancing at it, she became confused. She studied the mark quietly, and it hit her. She never fit in with the Legion because...at heart...she wasn't a fighter. She had made up her mind, telling her parents of leaving the Legion (who later disowned her), dropping off her badges and gear, and leaving without any conflict. The only reason they did not punish her or simply kill her, is because if she were to die, then Razia's Fury would die with her. Now, she spends her days tending the city's populace and occasionally helping some of the guilds with certain projects.

Edited: Added story behind her weapon, Razia's Fury.

Oh my stars and garters! An unaffiliated! I was so hoping to get one of these! Good show, Valence! In the meantime, I figured an official application was in order, despite the fact that I'm running this joint.

Roleplay Type: Return to Ravnica

Name: Fungus Amongus

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Cream

Coat Color: A red/brown mix. Rusty.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Moss green. Tail kept short. Mane in dreadlocks that cover his eyes.

Physique: Taller than average and bulky.

Cutie Mark: Amanita Muscaria.

Origin/Residence: Ravnica, specifically his family's property in the Undercity.

Motivation: To keep his family's business afloat.

Likes: Molds, spores and fungus. The Golgari Swarm's philosophy on Life and Death. Peace and quiet. Hard work. Fermented foods.

Dislikes: Ponies afraid to get dirty. The irrational fear of "zombies". Over-thinking and meddlers.

Character Summary: Born and raised in the Undercity by loving parents. For practical reasons, their Rot Farm was close to the surface as they shipped mulch and compost to above ground farms, as well as accepted deliveries of trash from local sources. Growing up, he found mushrooms fascinating due to their tenacity to grow in the dark and filth, where nothing else could. This love went so far as to wanting a Thallid, or "Cattle Mushroom" as a pet. Though his parents, given the willies at the thought, always said no. As a treat, he would be taken up to Simic research labs and libraries for some recreational study of Mycology and Mycotoxology, if he put in a little extra work on the farm in exchange that is.

There, he met Forest Touch, who dreamed of becoming a doctor. Despite their differences, they became friends and eagerly showed each other the ins and outs of local Guild life. During a sleep over at the farm, he full on tackled Forest before he could eat a wild Death Cap, which he mistook for a common and edible Button. His cutie mark came then.

As thanks for saving his life, Forest Touch "borrowed" a Thallid specimen from a lab to give to Fungus. He was thrilled. Too thrilled to realize his taxonomy was off. It wasn't a tiny baby Thallid, but rather a tiny baby Sporoloth, which can grow taller than most trees and flatten most buildings. To make matters worse, he nurtured the creature during the annual Doubling Season. It became massive. It rampaged. It had to be put down. His parents were comforting though and told him that his fallen friend would be in the garden from now on, making everything that grows there stronger. This was his first lesson about death, which he took to heart.

Much more recently, there was a fight between some random gang of Rakdos thugs and Boros agents trying to bring them to justice. The arrest got out of control and spilled into much of the Undercity. His parents were taken hostage. Reckless fire magic from both parties and noxious gasses from the sewers nearby caused an explosion that took the lives of all but a few officers and Fungus Amongus, who lost his leg in the process. From a legal standpoint, the Boros Legion was quick to pay for damages to the farm though Fungus had to convince a few lawyers and accountants that his parents will be raised and can reclaim rightful ownership of the property. In the meantime, he needed to keep the family business alive somehow. Thankfully the family stores were undamaged and he opened a bar, selling suds and a variety of fermented foods.

Oh my stars and garters! An unaffiliated! I was so hoping to get one of these! Good show, Valence!

Hehe, :blush: Thank you very much...It just didn't feel like Faithful truly fit in among any of the other Guilds, the closest probably being Selesnya Conclave...but she's a bit too free-spirited for that. So, since I was unsure of what Guild she should be in, I chose to make her without one, to see how the other OC's would treat her and also whether she may join a Guild in the near future :)

Heh, I like you application Kirby. And story off friendship of Forest and Fungus - certainly better then anything I could come with.

Maybe next time he will bring you better pet (one who isn't blockbusting without order that is).

• 2 weeks later...

Might skip ahead in the time line a bit.

Worth a try. Let's say it - moments of peace, like Festival are boring. But in that case it would focus on Norma first day in Laboratory 11 I belive, at last at beginning. How Fungus would fit into this?

• 2 weeks later...