A Magical Discussion (Open to all Unicorns)

Lux

Lore Weaver walked through the bookstore in the evening, making sure everything was prepared. He adjusted the comfortable chairs in a horseshoe shaped fashion, set out some treats and drinks, and created some notes for him to use. ever since he had envisioned creating a bookstore, the unicorn always pictured it being not only a place where one could acquire knowledge through just books, but also through others. Knowledge came from other ponies after all through study and experience.

He decided that now that his store was open, he could start some discussion sessions about books and knowledge, starting with one of his favorite topics: magic.

A few days earlier he placed several fliers on the bulleting boards around town announcing the event. He wanted to attract as many unicorns as possible to get different opinions. Hopefully he could even get some from Canterlot was well through word of mouth. He chose unicorns as they of the three pony types were heavily into the study and practice of magic.

And so, with the area ready and a building excitement, he waited for the ponies to arrive.

Lore saw as a pony walked into his store. She seemed a little disinterested in looking for a book. In a way it was a little depressing to not have a potential buyer, but this was not the point of the discussion. Although a pony buying a book afterwards would be an icing on the cake.

"Hello there. Welcome to Textual Treasures! I'm Lore Weaver, the owner and the host of this discussion on magic. What's your name?"

GearShift had been in town for about a week studying the Everfree Forest in an attempt to understand the magical phenomenons that cause the place to defy the laws of the pony world and if their were some way to counter act it. Her research had mostly brought up more questions and those questions had their own questions, meaning that it was time for GearShift what she does best. Study!

The light salmon colored unicorn was studying in her caravan cart trying to compose herself and get her finds straight. The books she had with her were a great help, but they didn't help her form ideas coherently, and that was the problem. She decided that a change of scenery would be for the best. Suddenly a thought hit her, the unicorn leaned over and dug through a stack of newspapers and fliers situated next to her and pulled out a paper detailing a discussion session at a local book store. Today, wonderful. She thought. Just what I need to sort out the mess in my head. With that GearShift put on her black leather work vest and threw her goggles around her neck. She levitated a few bits and a pocket watch into her one of her pockets and her basic tool-set into the other. She did one last double check to make sure everything was in order, content she trotted out of her cart and locked up.

GearShift arrived at the bookstore after a few minutes of walking, she stepped up to the door. She adjusted her vest and ran a hoof through her red and black hair before finally walking in. The interior was wonderfully organized and the stores collection was quite impressive. Definitely need to come back here. She said to herself. She began to walk around running a hoof across the spine or several books as her amber eyes analyzed them all meticulously. She didn't even notice the two ponies in the area with her.

"Nice to meet you too," Lore said as he shook the pony's hoof, "The party pantry? I've never been there. Then again I just movd here a month ago. Is it some kind of party store?"

(Whoops. Sorry Eclipse.)

Lore was so busy talking to Neon that he didn't notice that another pony had arried at the discussion. The unicorn was very quiet though, making her way from the front of the store to the stacks of books without making a sound. It was only when he heard the telltale squeak of a floorboard that indicated that there was another pony.

"Excuse me," he said to the party store owner, "I will be right back."

Lore then found theo ther pony browsing the shelves.

"Hello? Are you here for the magic discussion?"

At first GearShift wasn't aware that somepony was talking to her, the mare was too engrossed on the collection of tomes. Lore's second question however, broke the mares dazed and brought the light back to her eyes.

"Oh,um, sorry about that," she said as she hid a faint blush. "Yes, I'm here for the discussion."

"Oh, well you came to the right place. I'm Lore Weaver, and welcome to my store, Textual Treasures. We'll just be waiting a little in case other ponies want to come to the discussion. in the meantime, can I interest you in any books?"

"Nice to meet you Lore Weaver, My name's GearShift." She with a smile. "Hmm, well you see I'm a techno - magic engineer so if you have any books on advanced mechanical engineering, harnessing and storing natural energy, and the interactions between magical and natural energies I would love to get my hooves on them."

GearShift turned to the other pony who had joined her and Lore Weaver, the introduction she gave made GearShift giggle a little in her mind. "Nice to meet you Neon Bright. So if you are the second bet pony in Equestria, who's the first?" she asked with a small laugh.

Lore smiled when Neon walked over and introduced herself. It only made sense that the pony should get to know other ponies. Lore memembered that was how he met some very nice ponies while moving in.

"Hmmm... techno magic. I haven't heard much about that type, except spells that could animate objects. I also read about storing energy in crystals. I think both would be in the magic area of the store, which you found actually. Let me see if I can find one about that."

Lore began to scan the bookshelves for something related to GearShift's interest, allowing time for the other two unicorns to chat.

"Pinkie Pie you say. I know of her, I pick up a lot of information during my travels." she said.

"Ah, yes I do believe that does fall into techno magics field doesn't it?" GearShift nodded in acknowledgement. "Storing energy in cystals is quite tricky, that I know from experience." She trotted alongside Lore Weaver as he searched for her books.

"Nice, I bet that's really convenient. Techno magic tries to bring convenience like that to everypony." said looking into the light Neon Bright created. "My talent is methodology meaning I can quickly comprehend and apply things through study. The talent lead me to my career and even it's what allowed my to build these." She said excitedly as she motioned towards her goggles.

Lore watched as Neon produced a ball of light with her magic. She was a very excitable pony, eager to share with others what she did, but Lore knew that this personality worked well with her job.

"Wow! That's an interesting type of magic. I din't think I met a pony yet that can do that. I can see how that can help with parties having colored lights to add ambiance."

Lore then set to the task of Helping Geary finding a book on techno magic. Her response about hoe energy storage in crystals being like techno magic confirmed he was in the right area. Lore activated his magic and scanned the area, searching magically for a title related to the subject. Finally he found a few.

"Ok I think I found a few. They are not exactly related to techno magic, but they're close. There's Crystals and Energy Storage , Magical for the Mendane, and Engineering with Magic. Do any of those seem interesting to you?"

"Crystals and Energy Storage sounds like a nice read." GearShift looked around admiring the bookstore. "It's not an exact science, so there's probably something in that book that I don't know."

"I bet the party gets really intense whenever you do decided to start using it like a strobe light, Neon."

"Ok, so Crystals and Energy Storage it is then. Would you lie to read it first, or are you interested in buying it?"

Lore then heard Neon mention about using her light magic as a party light.

"Yeah, I can see how a flickering light like that can be a problem for some. Still, it's a nice touch for parties."

"I'd like to give it a look through first." She absolutely loved the idea of new study material.

"Hmm, I can see how that would be a problem," she said while tapping a hoop on her chin. "I'll keep you in mind." She said looking at Neon. "Wait, you sell glowsticks?" GearShift's face held a half smirk, she wasn't sure why she was surprised by the information, even though she saw it coming a mile away.