Camp Whitetail [Private/Apply in OOC Discussion]

Emerath

OOC: This first post is VERY important, please read to ensure you understand how the RP works, and the way it will be run. Thank you!

Rules:

1. The counselors are your mods. The counselors will be modding the thread. If they say that you are breaking the rules, you better listen or else you risk getting kicked out of the Camp. Any counselor claiming that rule breaking has occurred, will report directly to Emerath so that he can take care of it himself. Emerath has the final say. In turn though, counselors must also mod each other and not abuse their powers. If a counselor is found to be abusing their power, it will be stripped from them and a new counselor will take their place. No exceptions for anyone. We all follow the same rules and we're all held to the same standard, so let's just have a fun clean roleplay.
  2. There are NPC campers throughout the camp. Just as a point of clarification for everyone, the player campers are not the only campers in the camp. Camp Whitetail hosts about 50 campers (25 girls/25 boys). So do not assume that the only campers you see are the campers played by players. You can interact with background characters as throwaway RP for when your character has nothing else to do, or is alone in an activity. If you ever need me to, I can play an NPC camper for you as needed, all you need to do is ask. Same goes for anyone else with my permission. Just keep in mind that NPC campers are not long lasting and will be gone on the next time progression.

3. Please post camp locations at the top of your posts. Camp Whitetail is a large place, and so to make sure that everyone reading and enjoying the RP knows where everyone is located, please post at the top of your post where your camper is. If your camper stays in the same location, it won't be necessary to keep posting the location, but if your camper moves around the camp please post something along the lines of "Location: Center Campfire --> Cafeteria" or "Location: Boys' Cabins" so that we know where your camper is at all times. This is to prevent confusion. Thank you.

4. Emerath will move the time forward, the campers and counselors do not. To ensure that the RP runs smoothly and we don't have people progressing faster than others can keep up, the RP will be moved forward in time by me. The time will essentially be progressed by me announcing that the next step in the schedule (below) is happening, and campers and counselors will react accordingly. Any camper or counselor found outside of the current time frame, will kindly be asked to edit their post as a warning, and then further action will be taken from there should they decide they don't wish to listen. I understand that for those who want to RP faster than others this might be a little frustrating, but to ensure that everyone can keep up with their busy lives (like me, with my work) it's best if we do it this way and keep everyone on the same track.
  5. The RP will move on a set time schedule. It goes as follows:

• ​Morning Wake-Up and Breakfast (6 am - 8 am)
  • Morning Activities (8 am - 12 pm)
  • Lunch (12 pm - 2 pm)
  • Afternoon Activities (2 pm - 6 pm)
  • Evening Free Time/Camp Parties and Events (6 pm - 10 pm)
  • Lights Out (10 pm - 6 am)

This is not a comprehensive rule list. These are the rules set specifically for this RP for while we RP. A more comprehensive rule list can be found in the OOC Discussion. All the rules stated there and here are to be followed at all times in the RP.​

With that out of the way, LET US BEGIN!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight fidgeted nervously as she stood watching the road leading into their fair camp. She stood with her and her five best friends with her, as they all waited for the carriages containing the counselors to arrive. Twilight had gone over everything to make sure that the camp would start off just right, but just to be absolutely sure, she pulled out her trusty checklist one more time.

"Let's see..." she mumbled to herself, reading over the checklist. Campers on their way? Check. Cabins cleaned and beds made? Check. Cafeteria stocked? Check. Community bathrooms cleaned? Check. Camp map posted and cabin assignments posted on the notification board in the main hall? Check. All fellow counselors present and accounted for?

She looked over at her friends, who were doing various things to make sure they themselves were ready for camp to begin. Check.

Initiation campfire set up and bleachers and stage prepared? She turned and looked over her shoulder at the center area behind her. The fold up bleachers had been pulled out to make sure that campers had plenty of room to sit, and the campfire wood was stacked up high and ready for lighting when the sun went down. The stage was a pristine clean and the curtains were drawn, allowing for campers to see the wood paneling behind the podium where each counselor was set to introduce themselves later on this evening. Check.

She sighed. She was sure she was missing something, but she supposed there was little she could do about it considering the campers were about to arrive. She looked at her watch. About 15 minutes until 5 pm. It wasn't much longer now. The carriages were usually perfect with their timing, arriving at 5 o'clock on the dot.

She looked over her checklist a good 5 more times, running through it over and over again to make sure that everything was in its place. Soon enough, the 15 minutes had passed, and the carriages pulled up, right on time. She could see young and curious faces pressed against the windows taking a look around at all the sights of the camp. She smiled. Their happy shining faces always made this worth it.

As the excited campers hopped out of the carriages, she had them form a line in front of her, as she greeted each smiling face and explained to them that orientation would happen at the center campfire in an hour, until then they were to take their things to their cabin after checking which cabin was theirs and claiming a bed. And she would see them again at orientation. She also advised each one to meet the other counselors, although not all of them did.

((OOC: Though it says that cabins are assigned, I'm letting you pick your cabin. There are 5 cabins for each gender, each one with 2 bunk beds and a regular bed. When picking a cabin, just say that your camper was assigned there, and note if it is Cabin 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, and which bed your camper picks, so that any camper posting after you knows where their fellow campers are staying. Any remaining beds will be taken by NPCs, which will soon become player campers as we gain people in the RP.))

Camp Entrance > Cabin 1

Amost immediately after he stepped out of his carraige, a couple of moths flew torwards Buzz. He had that effect on insects. And spiders. And centipedes and millipedes. And crustacians. Really, just about anything that could be considered a "bug" was drawn to Buzz and vice versa. After he waited in line and gave his name to Twilight, he went to his assinged cabin to deposit his things. He was the first to arive, giving him dibs on whichever bed he wanted. He decided to take the single bed, thinking his other cabin mates wouldn't take to well to having any kind of bugs crawling in their's, and set about unpacking.

Camp Entrance > Cabin 1

As Cloud walked out of the carriage that hauled him to this camp he remembered his parents words

"Cloud don't forget to endorse us now...Have fun but please endorse us!"

As if he were some 'Marketing Ploy' sometimes Cloud felt like one of the people/ponies that walked around wearing a sign because they couldn't find other jobs and needed the money, only without the sign and twice as pained, sometimes he thought his birth was only for cheap marketing later in life.

Anyway he cleared his head he promised himself he will mention nothing of his name or family, he put on his respirator on his face, flipped up the hood to his hoodie and gave his name to Twilight Sparkle, He noticed Pinkie pie and stuttered a bit with the delivery of his name, Pinkie Pie was his hero, though he didn't have a crush on her she was his role model always being so sociable sometimes he just wished he could be like that!

He was told by Twilight he was assigned to Cabin 1 so he made his way there with the spray paint in their cans in his backpack sloshing and clanking around it was like a river, when he took in a breath it was so fresh and sweet, though he was breathing through an air purification tool it still felt natural and refreshing

the respirator is why he couldn't stand the dank filthy air in the city because the tool made the air so pure which made him so used to the freshness he couldn't go back to it. Well that and his painting.

He kept thinking to himself in a daydream and bumped into the corner of Cabin 1. He fell back startled from the sudden hit.

But he brushed it off pulled his strings tight and walked in to find his alleged Cabin-mate settling himself on the single. He was fine with it, though his cabin-mate seemed to have an alluring nature to bugs he didn't mind, Cloud took the top bed on the bunk bed, he started going through his tattered leather-bound notebook filled with formulas, ingredients, and even reactions to other certain elements, If it is gone for too long he may go a tad loopy, he's had it since he got into painting with spray cans, so there is a lot of valuable data within it. Writing a few formulas in the back of the book that he hoped to try during this visit.

Camp Entrance

Pinkie Pie looked quite happy as she saw the carriages land. Every year she shone with anticipation of new campers and old campers. Camp Whitetail was always fun, and Pinkie wanted it to be like this every year. Immediately, she bounced around, meeting and greeting the new campers with extreme charisma and lots of joy. "Hiya! How are you? My name's Pinkie Pie and I'm the assistant head counselor! Get ready to have loads of fun, 'cause you're gonna have a super-duper time!" she quickly greeted campers. Her excitement was bursting, and she couldn't wait to spend lots of time with new friends and old. Some campers were familiar faces, and were greeted with a bone-crushing hug, while the new campers were greeted the same. "I just love making new friends! This is so exciting, I think I might explode!" Pinkie squeaked with joy as she rushed over to her good friend Twilight. "Tonight's party is going to be amazing! There'll be dancing, and eating, and singing, and-"

"Whoa now, hold your horses girl," Applejack cut her off, gently placing a hand to Pinkie's mouth. "First off, we gotta let the campers get settled in first. Then they gotta gather for the orientation, where we'll be teachin' 'em all 'bout this here camp. Then, after a little while, we can finally have your party." AJ explained calmly. She was also pretty excited and joyful about another year of Camp Whitetail, but she always had to try and calm her good friend Pinkie Pie down. She knew Pinkie Pie was just being Pinkie Pie, but she didn't want to scare off any of the more timid campers.

"I know that, silly!" Pinkie smiled, poking Applejack. "I just can't wait for the party to start! Who isn't? It's gonna be great!" she bounced around AJ, before rushing off to greet a few more incoming campers, leaving AJ smiling, as she put a hand on her hip and watched Pinkie go off.

"Nice to meet you too Tag" Buzz replied. As he did, a dragonfly flew into the cabin and landed on his shoulder. "I better give you a fair warning, I have a tendency to attract just about any kind of thing that could be considered a bug. If uh, any of them start to bother you, just let me know and I can get them to stop" He said as he held out his index and middle finger to the dragonfly so he could crawl onto it. "How's about you and me go meet our counselors like Mrs. Sparkle suggested?"

Fluttershy stood nervously, watching all the new campers flood in. She nervously and quietly greeted all of them, most of them not even acknowledging her since she was so quiet. She kept trying until someone noticed her, but eventually gave up and went over to Pinkie and Applejack. She noticed Pinkie greeting campers loudly and quickly, as usual, in great contrast with Fluttershy. Fluttershy smiled at Pinkie, and looked over at Applejack when Pinkie bounced off. She noticed Applejack wasn't really greeting anyone, which struck her as odd. "Aren't you going to greet anyone, Applejack?" Fluttershy asked nervously. What if Applejack had already greeted everyone, and she was just being rude? "T-That is, if you haven't greeted them already..." Fluttershy added quickly and quietly.

"Huh? Oh, I've already done mah share of greetin'," Applejack spoke, turning to Fluttershy. "Ah'll let Pinkie handle the rest. Besides, the campers will get to know me a bit more during the orientation." AJ took a look around the camp entrance. Pinkie was rushing from camper to camper, making sure not to miss a single person. Her high-pitched and loud voice stood out from the crowd, and her bouncy and curly hair popped up every few second from the crowd, making it pretty obvious that she was bouncing around.

"How's your greetin' goin' so far, Sugarcube?" AJ asked her friend. She knew that Fluttershy wasn't so great when it came to socializing with newcomers, and often tried to help out with this problem.

"How's your greetin' goin' so far, Sugarcube?" AJ asked her friend. She knew that Fluttershy wasn't so great when it came to socializing with newcomers, and often tried to help out with this problem.

"N-No one is paying attention to me..." Fluttershy mutters sadly. "I-I think I might be too... quiet..." She says, looking down at the ground.

Rarity was excited to meet the new crowd of campers. She always loved being in the spotlight. She had a pocket mirror out, with some lipstick she was re-applying, to make sure she was perfect. I. Look. FABULOUS! She put the mirror and lipstick back in her pocket as the carriages approached. She stepped away when she noticed the kid with the insects following him. That's rather disturbing... She then noticed Fluttershy looking depressed. "Fluttershy, you're not nervous again, are you?" I thought after three years, she might be more use to crowds...

"Now Sugarcube, maybe you need to speak up a bit more. Sure, there's nothin' wrong with being quiet, but if you want people to notice you, you gotta up the volume a bit." Applejack spoke softly, placing a hand on Fluttershy's shoulder. "Let me hear you speak a bit louder. Introduce yourself to me." AJ spoke, crossing her arms. She was determined to get Fluttershy to loosen up more. However, due to Fluttershy's natural nature, she knew this process would take a while, but she was willing to be patient with her friend if it meant giving her what she wanted. "If we're gonna get people to notice you, you're gonna have to practice being louder and prouder!" AJ grinned determinedly at Fluttershy.

Rarity was excited to meet the new crowd of campers. She always loved being in the spotlight. She had a pocket mirror out, with some lipstick she was re-applying, to make sure she was perfect. I. Look. FABULOUS! She put the mirror and lipstick back in her pocket as the carriages approached. She stepped away when she noticed the kid with the insects following him. That's rather disturbing... She then noticed Fluttershy looking depressed. "Fluttershy, you're not nervous again, are you?" I thought after three years, she might be more use to crowds...

"U-Um... Well..." Fluttershy muttered. She started to explain when Applejack interrupted.

"Now Sugarcube, maybe you need to speak up a bit more. Sure, there's nothin' wrong with being quiet, but if you want people to notice you, you gotta up the volume a bit." Applejack spoke softly, placing a hand on Fluttershy's shoulder. "Let me hear you speak a bit louder. Introduce yourself to me." AJ spoke, crossing her arms. She was determined to get Fluttershy to loosen up more. However, due to Fluttershy's natural nature, she knew this process would take a while, but she was willing to be patient with her friend if it meant giving her what she wanted. "If we're gonna get people to notice you, you're gonna have to practice being louder and prouder!" AJ grinned determinedly at Fluttershy.

"W-Well...." She said, then decided to do what Applejack told her. "M-My name is... Fluttershy..." She muttered quietly, honestly trying to be loud.

"Sorry, can't hear ya." Applejack urged her to speak louder. Applejack cupped a hand behind her ear. "You're gonna have to speak louder if you're gonna get mah attention." she spoke in a slightly mocking sort of way. She hoped that speaking in such a tone would urge Fluttershy to act more aggressively.

"Sorry, can't hear ya." Applejack urged her to speak louder. Applejack cupped a hand behind her ear. "You're gonna have to speak louder if you're gonna get mah attention." she spoke in a slightly mocking sort of way. She hoped that speaking in such a tone would urge Fluttershy to act more aggressively.

"I-I said my name is Fluttershy..." Fluttershy muttered again. "C-Could you hear me that time?" She asked nervously.

"What?" Applejack urged yet again. "I still couldn't hear ya! Try again!" This would take quite a while, but she wasn't gonna give up yet! "Remember, louder and clearer! Yell if ya have to!"

Fluttershy took a deep breath, with the intent to yell as loud as she could. "I said my name is Fluttershy!" She yelled, although it came out as more of a whisper.

"Applejack..." Rarity began to say. "Don't you remember when Rainbow Dash was trying to get Fluttershy to cheer? I hardly believe this will end any better. How about you get attention in a more creative way? Perhaps your bird choir could sing?" Rarity couldn't think of much more.

Applejack sighed a bit as she heard Fluttershy's attempt, before turning to Rarity. "Now Rarity, what Fluttershy wants is fer people to pay attention to her. I think that'll only draw attention to the birds. Though I have to admit, the birds aren't a bad idea. Being louder and prouder is always a good way to attract attention to yourself." Applejack explained. "All she needs is a bit more pushin' and she'll do just fine."

"To be fair, Applejack, Fluttershy trained the birds, and it would give a very good first impression to show her skills with animals on the first day. Plus, it would help make the camp look better."

"Nice to meet you too Tag" Buzz replied. As he did, a dragonfly flew into the cabin and landed on his shoulder. "I better give you a fair warning, I have a tendency to attract just about any kind of thing that could be considered a bug. If uh, any of them start to bother you, just let me know and I can get them to stop" He said as he held out his index and middle finger to the dragonfly so he could crawl onto it. "How's about you and me go meet our counselors like Mrs. Sparkle suggested?"

Cabin 1 > Camp Entrance

"Oh I don't mind bugs to much...well if it's a spider maybe...I know it's silly my parents told me a story about spiders, I know it's the story is not true but I can get paranoid of things like those sometimes..."

He paused for a moment...feeling the air get a bit awkward he decided to at least try to go greet at least one of the counselors.

"W-well I guess I'll go meet at least one of the counselors I-I guess I'll see you soon. T-take care until then..."

Cloud left and went to the camp entrance and saw Pinkie Pie again...

"Okay we want to make a first impression not a laughing stalk of yourself among them so no go for Pinkie...I-I guess I'll go greet Rarity"

He did his best to smile and slowly walked over... he was so close to at least a talking distance

"S-sorry to interrupt you, Ms.R-Rarity right? I-I-I'm Cloud but most call me Tag, it's a pleasure to meet you..."

His voice stuttered so much he got embarrassed a bit his cheeks turned red, this was one of the first times he tried to talk to somebody and start a conversation on his own terms...

OOC: Sorry I've been gone for so long I stayed up late last night and passed out until just now...

"Now how in the world Rarity, would she be able to do that without any birds around? We're also tryin' to help her not just at camp, but anywhere too. If she learns to stand up and raise her volume, she could really up her social skills," Applejack sighed, crossing her arms. She often had a hard time reasoning with Rarity on matters, since they both had different points of view. "Fluttershy can't always rely on the animals all the time."

Pinkie Pie soon returned from greeting the campers to see her friends. "Hey guys! What-" Pinkie soon interrupted herself when she saw Fluttershy. "What's wrong Fluttershy? You seem a little down! Did something happen? Did a super giant polka-dotted green squirrel eat your cupcake? Hm, I never seen a super giant polka-dotted green squirrel before. Didja see one? How was it like? Was it friendly?" she quickly asked, getting up in Fluttershy's face.

Pinkie Pie soon returned from greeting the campers to see her friends. "Hey guys! What-" Pinkie soon interrupted herself when she saw Fluttershy. "What's wrong Fluttershy? You seem a little down! Did something happen? Did a super giant polka-dotted green squirrel eat your cupcake? Hm, I never seen a super giant polka-dotted green squirrel before. Didja see one? How was it like? Was it friendly?" she quickly asked, getting up in Fluttershy's face.

"N-No... Everything's fine, Pinkie..." Fluttershy lied, trying not to let Pinkie get too worked up over her problems.

"Applejack, you really need to wait for a better time to give her a confidence boost. We are meeting the students now. Do it when there aren't crowds around to scare her." And to be fair, the animals are more help than you, Applejack. Rarity was about to continue arguing, but a camper came and spoke to her. "Why hello darling! It's a pleasure to meet you too!" Rarity sort of forced that out. That sweater... And those pants... "I hope you enjoy your time at camp!"

Camp Entrance > Tree Skylight

Cloud stuttered

"T-thank you, sorry to interrupt!"

He ran clutching his old backpack, he wanted to find a secluded, undisturbed area. Since camp was still greeting the new campers it wasn't that hard, he found a circle of trees looking out towards the sky he lied down and looked at the clouds. Using his cans as a pillow, to him it was comfortable to most it hurt their neck.

"Why must I be so stupid sometimes. Whatever, it's not like I idolize Rarity, I was trying to be friendly, though it probably wasn't the best idea to try to talk to her I wish I could've at least to of tried to be more sociable meh, oh well."

Cloud lifted his arm and motioned it as if he were sewing clouds together and put a cherry lollipop in his mouth and started on it.