Camp Whitetail [Private/Apply in OOC Discussion]

Emerath

AJ snorted in annoyance, and turned away to walk towards Twilight. She had enough of this, and didn't want to start an argument around the campers.

Pinkie Pie gasped as she spotted the camper who spoke to Rarity. How had she not seen this camper and greeted him before?! Pinkie had to do something about this! She took off like a rocket, rushing to catch this camper, bouncing as she made her way towards the path in which he ran. "Waaaaiit! Come back! I have to talk to you!" It was very hard to lose Pinkie, so she found him quite easily after a few moment.

"There you are!" she grinned as she finally spotted him. Pinkie moved closer towards him. "Hiya! I haven't seen you before! How come you didn't say hi?" she spoke rather rapidly. "What're you doing here, silly? The main area's right over there! Want me to bring you back?" She found it rather strange that this camper would run away like that, but she didn't let this ruin her cheerful mood. She wanted to make friends, and that's just what she would do!

Buzz meant to go meet the counselors together, but Cloud left before he could clarify. He merely shruged it off and finished unpacking before he left to introduce himself. He spoted the group of counselors conversing as he walked out of his cabin, but two of them left as he began to approach. He faced Fluttershy and spoke "Hi there, Mrs. Sparkle insisted that the campers introduced themselves to their counselors. My name is Buzz"

-Before Pinkie ran off to see Cloud-

"Oh, good! I thought you were really upset!"

-Afterwards-

"Calm your nerves? What happened? Oh, I bet it was that super giant polka-dotted green squirrel! Did he bite you?" Pinkie frowned, imagining the dastardly squirrel doing his evil deeds.

Cloud chuckled, smiling a bit, still not sure it was Pinkie Pie but that line was right up her alley .

"S-so is this squirrel bad?"

He smiled though you couldn't see it under his respirator. He took a deep breath and it sounded muffled. Like the antagonist from a book he once read.

"Really bad! He'll eat other peoples' cupcakes, pinch them, and he'll even talk badly to others! It's terrible! That squirrel is the meanest and rudest squirrel I've ever met. well, actually, I've never really met him before, but if I do, I'm sure he'll be just as mean as everyone says he is!" Pinkie went on. "If I ever see him, I'll be sure to tell everyone to stay away! He might just ruin the camp for everyone! Maybe Twilight might be able to do something about it if it does happen!" Pinkie then raised her arms in the air, mimicking a huge monster.

Cloud sat up and saw it was Pinkie Pie

(in his head) PLAY IT COOL, CALM DOWN, DON'T YOU DARE FREAK OUT

He took a deep breath

"What if the squirrel is nice, but misunderstood because of his appearance, what if it wants to play with all the other squirrel's but can't because he's excluded because of his fur?"

"Hm, I never really thought of it that way. Maybe he wants to be friends..." Pinkie thought a moment. "But still! I hear he's the meanest of the mean! The baddest of the bad! What if he's not nice?!" Pinkie thought for a moment. She had heard stories of the said squirrel, and none of them were good at all! There was a possibility that they weren't right, but Pinkie still had to be careful!

"Anyways, I think we should be heading back to the camp! The orientation is gonna start later, and you can't miss it! Plus, you should be meeting new friends!" Pinkie urged, and without waiting for an answer, she grabbed Cloud's hand and raced off towards where everyone was.

Cloud's hand was taken by Pinkie

"Wait huh?"

It all happened so fast Pinkie took his hand and started taking him to where everyone else was. He managed to grab his pack before she took off with him. He sighed a breath of relief.

"I guess I have no choice"

Buzz meant to go meet the counselors together, but Cloud left before he could clarify. He merely shruged it off and finished unpacking before he left to introduce himself. He spoted the group of counselors conversing as he walked out of his cabin, but two of them left as he began to approach. He faced Fluttershy and spoke "Hi there, Mrs. Sparkle insisted that the campers introduced themselves to their counselors. My name is Buzz"

Fluttershy froze when some one introduced themselves to her, but she tried to look confident. "U-Um... Hi.... M-My name is Fluttershy...." She stutters nervously, hoping the camper can hear her.

Buzz decided to try and ignore this one's shyness as well. "Well it's nice to meet you Fluttershy" He turned to Rarity "And what's your name?" As he spoke, a spider descended from a tree brance above them on top of Buzz's head. He was used to spiders crawling on him, so he hardly noticed, as unnerving as it may look like.

"I'm Rarity, darling." Rarity responded. She didn't want to be rude, so she forced a smile when she saw the spider on Buzz's head. He didn't seem to notice, so she decided to speak up. "Ummm.... There's something on your head, darling..." She pointed at the spider, backing away slowly, and some fear in her eyes. It took a lot of self control not to scream and run.

"Hmmm?" Buzz checked his head and felt the familier feeling of a spider crawling on his hand. He held it up to his face. "Species Enoplognatha ovata" He said. "Yet to be given a common name by entomologists, so I just refer to them as Ovata spiders. Interesting spider really, their formidable predators despite their small size. Their diet consists of almost entirely of larger insects. She wont give us any trouble though" He let the spider crawl back up his arm. "Uh, sorry. I don't mean to rant. I just like to talk about bugs"

"Very... Intersting..." Rarity wasn't too surprised at Fluttershy being nervous around the spider. "I completely understand, darling." She couldn't stop looking at the spider. She heard they could jump far, and she hated insects on her clothes. Especially moths. "Ummm... If you're in any of my activities, please keep the insects out... I just thought I should mention that..."

Rarity was sort of caught up when he asked the question. Would it be offensive to say no? She couldn't say yes. "S-sorry darling, insects... I find them distusting, vile creatures, and tend to want them a good distance from me." Was that too harsh? "Just... Try to keep them away from me..."

Twilight finished greeting the last of the new campers, and sighed. She wished she could sit down with a good book and read. She wasn't used to all this social interaction, despite that most of this was her idea anyway. She looked at her watch. About 15 minutes had passed since the campers arrived. She looked at her checklist, going over all the names she had been introduced to, and checking them off one by one.

Nobody was missing! She breathed a sigh of relief. She wouldn't have any angry parents on her tonight. As the campers wandered off and got settled in, she turned her head and happened to notice Applejack approaching her. She gave a light wave and smiled.

"How's it going, AJ? Getting to know the campers?" She looked over Applejack's shoulder at Rarity and Fluttershy. "And uh... are they ok?" she asked, pointing over Applejack's shoulder.

---

Emerath had been one of the last off the carriage. He had been cramped in the thing for far too long coming from Canterlot, and with the excitement of the other campers, they managed to severely wrinkle his dress shirt and slacks. As he stepped out, he brushed himself off and straightened out his clothes and tie. He stood in line with the rest of the campers for about 5 minutes, before he finally reached Twilight. He shook her hand and returned her smile, taking in her instructions for what he was going to do. He nodded at her instructions and introduced himself.

And sure enough as soon as it had begun, the encounter was over. He released her hand and went on his way, not paying much attention to the other counselors and wanting to get himself settled.

He found his way to his assigned Cabin 1, and noticed that the single bed and one of the top bunks was taken, so he decided to take the bottom bunk below the taken bunk. He threw his bag onto the bed, and pulled his pocket watch out of his shirt pocket. He clicked it open to look at the time. About 45 minutes left until orientation. Plenty of time to relax. He joined his bag on the bed, and pulled out a reading book he had brought with him, cracking it open where he had left off and began to read.

"What isn't gross about them?" Rarity began to say. "Those colors, they just don't work on them. Then those spiders... Hairy, so many eyes... Disgusting colors, again... They don't even have the simplest idea of style! They only ruin them! Not counting butterflies, those colors on the are LOVELY! Then there are moths! Don't get me started on moths! Letting their larvae to eat through fabric as if no one put work into it! Then you have to use mothballs so they don't eat them, but then it gives your clothes that disgusting smell! Then I have to spend a good half hour cleaning the smell out so I won't scare away customers with it! Insects are in no way good for business, so I will have not associate myself with them in any way! Except maybe butterflies, their colors are FABULOUS!"

Buzz had Rarity right where he wanted. "So you don't like spiders because they look different. Let's not think of how they eat all manors of harmful creatures, including moths. No, they don't look what some ponies call 'pretty' nothing even remotely related to spiders could be considered beautiful" Buzz gestured to a flawless, nearby spider web that was completly symmetrical and cast an accusing glare at her.

Rarity gave a disgusted look at the spider. "Those... Colors... Eight legs... I'm sorry, I can't get past it, remove 6 of those legs, change it's body shape and color, and I might be able to stand them... Until then they are coming nowhere near me or where I live."