Camp Whitetail [Private/Apply in OOC Discussion]

Emerath

"Artist's block? Hmm... Can you draw people..? It'd be really neat if you could draw me sometime." Licorice gave Tag a warm smile. "Me? Oh, I'm nobody, really.... Just a girl who likes magic.." She looked earthward, voice getting a little mumbley. "Sort of silly for an earth pony, huh?" She looked back at him, only half expecting an answer. "But I suppose there ARE always potions and things.." Oh how she wished she had a horn..

Cloud smiled, and turned the music off. "One s-second". Cloud turned the page in his sketchbook and had drawn a quick sketch of Licorice. "B-by the way it's not silly to have a dream, j-just because it can't be obtained easily..." He showed Licorice the sketch and turned it back, this time added a horn onto her sketch "D-doesn't mean it's impossible" He tore the sketch out of the sketchbook and handed it to her. "It's good to have dreams..." Cloud stood up, patted Licorice's head and smiled, then he sat back down.

• Like 1

Twilight smiled at Buzz's question and looked around. "Well, of course, me and Applejack are two," she said, motioning to herself and Applejack. "Pinkie Pie is bouncing around greeting campers," she said, as she pointed at Pinkie who was happily being herself. "You already met Fluttershy and Rarity. I saw you talking to them earlier," she said. "And... Rainbow Dash just landed right over there, thinking I didn't notice her napping again," she finished, smiling as she motioned to where Rainbow Dash had landed.

Buzz scratched his head. "Huh, could of swore that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash weren't there a minute ago... Oh well" Buzz walked over to Pinkie and tapped her on the shoulder from behind. "You must be Pinkie Pie. My name is Buzz, Twilight recomended to us campers that we should introduce ourselves to our counselors"

"Wow..." AJ looked at the grasshopper with great interest as it jumped from his hand to her arm. Gently, she stroked it with a finger, mesmerized for a few moments. She then looked at Twilight as Buzz started to speak to her. "Say Twi, when does orientation start?" the older counselor asked.

Pinkie took a quick look towards Twilight's direction, wondering what was going on. She then spotted a young camper who happened to be talking to her. Another camper she hadn't greeted yet! He was headed straight towards her! Oh Pinkie, you silly filly! I should keep a better eye out for new campers! "Hi there, Buzz! haven't seen you before! Ooh! What's your favorite flavor cupcake? It would be great to know! My favorite flavor is vanilla with chocolate chips with fudge and pink icing with lots of sprinkles! Did you know that sprinkles are sometimes called jimmies? *snort* Ahahahahaa! That's such a silly name!" Pinkie went on, as she usually did. It was always fun making new friends! Every new friend added to her seemingly neverending joy! The camp was a great way of making friends, and she loved every new face!

'Woah' Buzz thought. 'This one's got energy to burn' He had a bit of trouble keeping up with her fast talking. "Uh, yeah cupcakes are good. I suppose I'm partial to ones with white frosting. He was a little hesitent asking this one's opinion on bugs, but she sure was friendly. "Say, Pinkie. What do you think of insects and spiders?" He held out his index finger so that a blue dragonfly could land on it.

"Ooh! Wowies! I think most bugs look super-duper pretty! Some look really cool too!" Pinkie marveled at the blue insect. It looked so amazing! It was also really cute looking! "Can I hold it? Please?!" Pinkie asked hopefully. However, she lost her self-control and quickly swept the dragonfly from him onto her left index finger and pulled it close, holding it extremely close to her eyes and staring at it with excitement sparkling in her eyes. She had never seen a dragonfly up close before! It was so cool and pretty looking! "It kind of reminds me of my pet alligator, Gummy!" It was just then that a tiny green alligator climbed up on top of her head. (I'm just going to use comic book time with Gummy. Or actually, I'm going to keep him how he looks like in the show, and just say that he never really grew.) "Gummy is one of my best friends! Are bugs your best friend? What's your favorite bug? I like colorful bugs! My favorite color is pink, of course! Heehee! But then again, I love all sorts of colors!"

Brew looks back over to the group of campers socializing with the councilors and then down at the grass. Maybe I should go over there... the orientation thing will probally be starting soon... Reluctantly he packs up his things, stands, and fixes his uniform. With a deep sigh, Brew walks over to the group. He looks around and notices a woman with purple hair and matching outfit. He can't help but get the feeling that she is the head councilor. He quietly walks up to her without a sound. After a second of awkward silence Brew says "Umm... excuse me miss..." to get her attention. "Uh... umm... I am Brew... Brew Highkick... ummm..." he says with a respectful but nervous bow. Why do the councilors have to be girls... He can't muster anything else to say. He feels really lost in this place.

Buzz couldn't help but smile around this one. She must of been diagnosed with an exceptionally rare and extremely contagious smile disease as a new born foal. "Yes.." He said. "Bugs are probably the closest friends I ever had. My favorite kind of bugs are Praying Mantises" He peeked his head around Pinkie and saw Rainbow Dash. "It was fun meeting you Pinkie Pie. I'm going to go and introduce myself to Rainbow Dash now. But before I go, here's a little parting gift" Buzz made a distinct clicking sound with his tounge. A moment later, a spectacular, Flower Mantis flew by and landed on Pinkie's head. Buzz then made his way over to the rainbow colored counselor. "Rainbow Dash I presume? My name is Buzz. Twilight insisted that the campers introduce themselves to our conselors"

Licorish showed Tag a goofy grin once she'd realized his addition to the drawing. "Wow, th-thank you Cloud.. I love it!" She gave the paper one last admiring look before turning to sit by him. This is definitely going up in my cabin. There was just something about him she found entreating. "..And thank for the advice, as well.." Her eyes drifted a little, but flashed back up at him. "Are you a dreamer too, Cloud?"

Cloud Smiled. "I guess I am, my dream is to paint a mural of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in the Canterlot Castle throne room. I know it sounds silly but it's to repay a 'debt' I have to the Princess is all" Cloud rested his head against the tree trunk and focused on the light that peered through the leaves. "It really is a pretty day today I hope it's a nice sunset..."He then looked at Licorice again "Okay really weird question time, does the air taste or smell weird around here?" He blushed and a little showed above his respirator.

Licorice eyed the boy with interest. He was an honest soul with not only a good heart, but also a caring spirit. "A debt..?" the girl wondered aloud. Now how did THAT come about? "..To the princess?" It is a rather pretty day, isn't it? Licorice up through the leaves, taking in all of the beauty that nature had to offer her.. Or rather, what it had to offer her from that particular point of view, at least. "I hope so too.. Sunsets are magical.. All of the colors is what really gets me.. They say that when color was first brought to this world, blue was the easiest to make, and that's why all of the big projects for artist, such as the sky and ocean are all blue.. As time went on, more colors were added to both.. At least, according to the Kestra.." (The Kestra was her.. tribe of gypsy, so to speak.) "I just love how connect it all is.. The colors being drug down with the sun.. Such beauty.. You really enjoy all of life's visual aspects.. Don't you?" She noticed his blush from what she could see just above his respirator and assumed him to be somewhat shy about it. "..Why yes, it is different from normal.." She breathed, then out. "The air is very fresh here.. Very natural.."

Cloud smiled "Yeah when I look to the sky I just see clouds or stars, the first artists known to anything, the star formed constellations, where you could connect stars and form them into anything, and the cloud forming freely with no restraint." he brought his respirator down from his face and hung it around his neck and breathed in "It's been a long time since I took this thing off so excuse if I look weird" he chuckled a bit the original reason he got the respirator was so he didn't have to breathe in the gas emitted from the factories in the slums of manehattan, but he also used it because of the primer he uses in his paint, it emits fumes that could make you feel a bit woozy if breathed excessively other than that it was safe.

"Hmm.. I've never really though about it like that. You certainly have an eye for things. One thing I REALLY love is the moon.. Especially when it's full. They say that magic works best during a full moon.. Did you know that, Cloud?" She watched as he pulled his breathing aid down, seeing his face uncovered. "You look fine.. I promise" She gave him a reassuring grin.

"Oh, this bug looks super-duper pretty! Thanks a bunch, Buzz!" Pinkie gasped as the mantis found its way to her head. She carefully yet quickly took it into her hands and inspected at it with excitement and joy. She could've hugged the boy, but he had already made his way towards her pegasus friend. "I'll name you...hmm....." Pinkie started as she looked at the beautiful creature. It looked a lot like a flower! Sort of like an orchid! "I know! I'll name you Orchid! Welcome, my new friend!" Grinning and bouncing around, she placed the mantis back on her head, to which Gummy stared at it with interest. Or boredom. Both his interested and bored faces looked the same. Soon the mantis made its way on top of Gummy's head, forming a sort of totem pole-like appearance. "Oh, we're going to have so much fun! First, we'll bake cupcakes, then, we'll blow up balloons! Ooh, we can also sing songs! Can you sing? It would be great if you could sing!" Pinkie went on to her new friend as she skipped off to see more campers. This new friend would be a delight to have around! Now Gummy would have another friend too! It was just fantastic! Gummy merely flicked his tail, and yawned. Suddenly, Pinkie stopped bouncing and gasped quite dramatically. "I should introduce you to my friends! They'll be super happy to meet you, Orchid!" she spoke enthusiastically, before rushing happily to her friends Rarity and Fluttershy. "Hey guys! Look at what Buzz gave me! Isn't she pretty? I named her Orchid!" Pinkie squeaked happily, picking up Orchid yet again and enthusiastically showing it off to the two older counselors.

(Uber long post! superw00tplz.jpg?1)

Rarity was startled at first by Pinkie Pie's sudden appearance. After a few seconds, she calmed back down, and looked at Orchid. "Oh, well ummm.... Hello." She couldn't think of much else to say. She got a closer look at Orchid. Rather calm colors. Not terrible, at least it's not green. "Just try to keep it away from Opalescence, she would kill that before it realised she was there." Opalescence, meanwhile, was sleeping, enjoying her time at the camp, where she wouldn't be forced into assisting Rarity with her dress work.

Rarity was startled at first by Pinkie Pie's sudden appearance. After a few seconds, she calmed back down, and looked at Orchid. "Oh, well ummm.... Hello." She couldn't think of much else to say. She got a closer look at Orchid. Oh my, what a wonderful array of colors! There is a lot of green... But the contrasting red helps make up for that! At least it's not another disgusting spider... "Just try to keep it away from Opalescence, she would kill that before it realised she was there." Opalescence, meanwhile, was sleeping, enjoying her time at the camp, where she wouldn't be forced into assisting Rarity with her dress work.

(OOC: Parden me, but I don't see any green on this particular mantis... Did you click the link in my last post? You may of missed it, click on the words "Flower Mantis, their both underlined. " ;-))

(OOC: Parden me, but I don't see any green on this particular mantis... Did you click the link in my last post? You may of missed it, click on the words "Flower Mantis, their both underlined. " ;-))

(Tis the orchid flower mantis! I love using Google am a smart cookie. :3 *noms on own arm*)

(What are you talking about, I didn't completely ignore that and use google images to see what flower mantis' looked like)

(there changed)

(What are you talking about, I didn't completely ignore that and use google images to see what flower mantis' looked like)

(there changed)

(OOC: Thanks, sorry for being picky. ;) Alright then, back to the role play everypony!)

Twilight blinked back to reality as Applejack asked her a question. "Oh!" she said, registering what she had said. She looked at her watch. 10 minutes until orientation! She grabbed Applejack by the shoulders. "I'm running late! I spaced out!" she almost shouted at the farmer. And with that she ran off to the main camp hall, before Applejack could form any form of response.

She quickly pulled out her key as she briskly walked to the door to her office, and shoved it unceremoniously into the lock, turning it and hearing a light click. She flipped on the light and walked over to the microphone on her desk that would project her voice through the loudspeakers placed throughout the camp for all campers to hear.

She pressed the button, and a small red light began to glow on the mic. "Attention campers! This is head counselor Twilight Sparkle speaking, letting everyone know that orientation will begin in ten minutes! All counselors and campers please make your way to the center campfire in camp. Thank you!"

Fluttershy heard Twilight speaking rather hurriedly, and heard something about orientation and all counselors have to go to the center campfire. She hurriedly obliges, making her way to the center campfire. When she finally makes it there, she sits down in her spot, and waits for her friends to make their way over here.

Not able to get Twilight's attention in time he obediantly makes his way to the campfire in the center of camp and sits down quietly. He looks around for Licorice Black, hoping that she will sit next to him. She's the only one so far that actually makes him feel welcome here. He starts to fidget as the spaces around him fill up with campers. Please Licorice sit next to me... please...

Vox, a bit startled by the sudden, disembodied voice, finished his reveling and put the necklace on, hopping out of bed and making his way, hands in pockets, to the campfire. He was partly excited with what was to come, but he new there would be a lot of campers, quite a daunting thing. He figured that if he stayed towards the back, less people would try to talk to him! Vox found himself a seat far from the fire and waited for the next step.

Rarity saw Twilight dash away. Knowing Twilight, she's late for something... Sure enough, Twilight's hurried voice told her that orientation was going to be slightly later. She headed for the center campfire. Once she arrived, she took a seat next to Fluttershy, hoping she could calm her down if she had more stage fright.