Recording

Indie

Audacity, I use a turtle beach semi-professional gaming headset with a built in microphone, but I'm going to be buying a decent usb condenser mic when I get the chance. Audacity's absolutely free though! Not to mention, it's a very expansive, useful, and easy to learn program :)

• Like 1

If you check out DV247.com they have various bundles such as an M-Audio device interfaces which come with software such as pro tools as well as condenser microphone bundles which come with a pop filter and a little sound proofing, it will be a little more expensive that just a microphone and audacity.

it may be worth investing in this kind of equipment after you have made a few recordings and got the hang of it ^.^

If you check out DV247.com they have various bundles such as an M-Audio device interfaces which come with software such as pro tools as well as condenser microphone bundles which come with a pop filter and a little sound proofing, it will be a little more expensive that just a microphone and audacity.

it may be worth investing in this kind of equipment after you have made a few recordings and got the hang of it ^.^

well, im planning on getting a yeti condenser mic, i just need a program to master it all with. or attempt to, lol.

Eheheh........ yeah Just a little :smug:

well, im planning on getting a yeti condenser mic, i just need a program to master it all with. or attempt to, lol.

Ohh that looks like a perfect Mic to start off with! My concern was that Condenser mics require 48v phantom power to make them work, however by the looks of it you computer will do that via USB saving you a lot of money buying a mixer or audio interface to power it with conventional XLR cables.

As for software there aren't that many cheap options, Audacity is perfect for beginners and is completely free! Alternatively you can try the FL studio demo, it has the full capabilities of the normal version, the only drawback however is that you can't reopen saved work after you exit, meaning you have to do the mixing and mastering in one session which is a bit of a pain.

Ohh that looks like a perfect Mic to start off with! My concern was that Condenser mics require 48v phantom power to make them work, however by the looks of it you computer will do that via USB saving you a lot of money buying a mixer or audio interface to power it with conventional XLR cables.

As for software there aren't that many cheap options, Audacity is perfect for beginners and is completely free! Alternatively you can try the FL studio demo, it has the full capabilities of the normal version, the only drawback however is that you can't reopen saved work after you exit, meaning you have to do the mixing and mastering in one session which is a bit of a pain.

lol good. the less cables the better. i've used audacity before. I just didnt have a good mic when i tried it. so when i get the yeti i'll be set.

lol good. the less cables the better. i've used audacity before. I just didnt have a good mic when i tried it. so when i get the yeti i'll be set.

Yeah you should be ^.^ also make sure you take the acoustics in the room into consideration, if the room is too big then you will have too much unwanted reverb, any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces should be kept to a minimum. It may also be worth hanging a few blankets around. It is a cheap alternative to soundproofing :)

• Like 1

Yeah you should be ^.^ also make sure you take the acoustics in the room into consideration, if the room is too big then you will have too much unwanted reverb, any windows, mirrors or reflective surfaces should be kept to a minimum. It may also be worth hanging a few blankets around. It is a cheap alternative to soundproofing :)

will do, thank you so much for your help :D