Bebe LeStrange [FINAL]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Bebe LeStrange

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Rich silver

Coat colour: Cool grey

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Thick, shiny, and flowing, Bebe has a glamorous midnight black mane. Yes, it is her natural colour! Not even one grey hair yet. Kept neat, tidy, and free of tangles.

Physique: Bebe is tall and lanky. Naturally toned, Bebe is fashionably thin.

Cutie Mark: A little black lipstick kiss.

Origin/Residence: Bebe was born in quaint Hoofington, but taken to the big city where opportunity lived. Canterlot is where she currently resides and thrives, among the elite. Why she has an accent nobody knows, but it's simply too foreign and delightful for anybody to care!

Occupation: Bebe is a supermodel, paid by the hour simply by being her gorgeous self.

Motivation: Bebe is a very happy mare. She's already recieved every wish and accomplished her dreams. For now, Bebe enjoys just living the life she does and spreading a bit of beauty everywhere she goes.

Character Summary:

History

Bebe was born as Bebe Feathers to two wealthy parents. Raised in Hoofington, the young girl never quite fit in among her peers. She was never one for rough-and-tumble behaviour, preffering more delicate pasttimes such as art and design. From a young age, the filly was taught all about how to be a proper lady. That's why when every other filly in town came to school in overalls or a skirt, Bebe could be seen in full-gala attire. Spoiled and loved, Bebe only grew more and more beautiful as she aged. Despite many male admirers, Bebe stayed single and fiercly independent. This, of course, only made her more and more mysterious. Her reputation as a stallion-eater and freak only made her more popular, so she continually played the rumours up, even changing her last name to LeStrange. With parental approval, of course.

When she finished school, the mare set off to Canterlot to pursue her dreams as a model. Moving into town was easy, Bebe fit in among the elite immediately and had a wonderful time everywhere she went. Because Bebe had very few close friends and many, many accquaintances, she often showed up unnanounced to parties and told marvelous tales of her fillyhoof and worldly adventures. They were all lies.

One dark and starlit night, Bebe was introduced to a handsome stallion who proved to work for a modelling agency. Noticing her unique beauty and intense personality, the stallion hired her as another model for the agency. Soon the name Bebe LeStrange was known far and wide, and the mare could be seen on the covers of magazines, on billboards, and starring in ads.

Parents

Bebe's parents, Stormy and Dark Magic, were the richest ponies in Hoofington. Her mother too was a model, and both came from priviledged families in Canterlot. They settled down in Hooington to escape the madness of the city, and greatly enjoyed being the most famous ponies in town. Despite their supremacy oriented attitudes, they greatly loved and cared for Bebe all through her growing up. Now, they are retired and happily awaiting their monthly Cosmoponytons with Bebe in the ads.

Cutie Mark Story

Ah, school pictures. Everybody hates them. Bebe never did. And while her friends were all getting chubby, wearing braces and getting prescription glasses, the silver mare was still looking good. So good, infact, that after her picture was taken that year the photographer asked her if she'd ever considered modelling. She hadn't, but as soon as she did a Cutie Mark appeared on her flank. There was jealousy, controversy around school because her Cutie Mark was infact a kiss. But Bebe loved the rumours, and it only made her more popular.

Flaws

Bebe craves attention like a mosquito craves blood. When she doesn't have full attention of at least one pony in the room, she is driven slightly batty. She has never seen this as a bad thing. Bebe has never really learned to count her blessings, always living with riches and getting a pretty easy ride as far as school and a career. Often selfish and vain, Bebe thinks about herself almost 100% of the time, and can become stingy. When she doesn't get her way, Bebe throws a huge hissy fit until things work out for her. It's never failed in the past, so why stop?

Bebe's main problem is seeing the error in her ways. She's been raised and pampered her whole life and thinks quite highly of herself. Arrogant as well as being naturally dark and lusty, Bebe takes authority and responsibility even when it's not her job. While her high, unfailing confidence is a great thing on the job and at social events, in her personal life it can leave her quite dumb-founded.

Personality

No matter what Bebe does, she is intense and passionate. While constantly putting 100% of herself on the line can be stressful, Bebe always appears poised and fashionable. Serious and introverted, Bebe's dark side controls her thoughts much of the time. Her depressive, even violent nature only shows it's face when Bebe has been greatly wronged. By the way, never call her Bebe. Miss LeStrange will do nicely.

Gallery

I did all the artwork here...

357owfp.jpg

Hopelessly posh, delightfully unique!

28qz2hc.jpg

A closer look at Bebe's cutie mark.

p2mhk.jpg20p4inm.jpg

The application is finished, but Cranky Doodle Donkey is still in the approval/disaproval process. I must keep her as a WiP for now, but reviews and advice are greatly appreciated.

Alright, SonicRainboomGirl.

Since you asked, while we're waiting on CDD to be approved, I gave your app a quick look.

I like this character's unique backstory. She seems to crave attention and being mysterious, nothing wrong with that. All of the fields seem to be filled in and overall, this app is very well written.

Off the top of my head, the only thing that might be a potential stumbling block for approval by Senior Staff is the cutie mark.

Though I have no problem with it, Senior RP Staff might.

Hey, Mojo :) Thanks for looking her over.

I didn't mean for her Cutie Mark to be innapropriate in any way, after all she DID get it after getting her picture taken. I wasn't too eager to put something like a camera on her flank, because Bebe emulates glamour. I personally like how suggestive it is, after all she's a very mysterious gal who adores attention. But if it's too risque, then I suppose I'll have to change it.

Thanks for letting me know in advance. I think I'll have senior staff take a look over this app first.

I think the issue is not that her cutie mark is risque, but that it's HUMAN lips (or maybe the Kiss my flank connotation).

HOWEVER, given that there is a precedent within the history of MLP, I am willing to let it pass. It's just kind of a shorthand symbol for glamour to little kids anyway and is used on countless age-appropriate toys.

rubylips.jpg

I'm not keen on stating that her parents are THE richest in Hoofington. Just saying "one of the richest" should be sufficient and doesn't change anything about her character. We still pull the implied "entitled" out of it.

The reason I am requesting this is because it closes the door on someone potentially apping a character who IS the richest pony in Hoofington, and that being a big part/central defining motivation of their character. Unless, of course, you plan to app her parents too, but before you do I would check older apps to make sure that that title has not been claimed.

Thank you, Flutterscotch! I'm going to make the necessary changes.

Additionally, I don't think the pony lips in the show make a different mark. THIS kiss was pretty, well, kissy! Just look at that lipstick smudge.

0.jpg

Well SonicRainboomGirl, since all of the issues have been previously resolved/approved, I can see no reason why BeBe can't be accepted into Mane RP!

Excellent work on a very unique and fun OC!

:D:D:D

• Like 1