Return to Ravnica [Open! Apply in OOC thread!]

"It's not going to be that easy. They'll be looking for both of us since I took you in, especially you." Malik put a hoof on her shoulder. "But I will get you out of this mess. I couldn't let a mare take the blame for my actions." He assured her.

The room filled with the cacophony of the reopening portal,

"To arms!!" He bellows, unsheathing one dagger and summoning his missing dagger to his hand.

The assassins who had been camoflauged and secretly guarding the portal entrance were now pointing their daggers at the intuder: Charger.

"...Oh for the love of- that's two accomplices I have to deal with..." He facehoofs, waving the assassins away from Charger.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charger's throat was quickly about to make friends several pointy objects, but he just stared at the assassins lazily. He face showed no signs of fear, rather a small twinge of annoyance was noticeable on his face. This sort of thing happened way to often to Silver after he started working directly under Niv-Mizzet, the stallion didn't know if it was good or bad that he was use to facing down death. Luckily the situation didn't escalate, Shadowcloak called his dogs off.

"Nice to see that we can solve this without turning this room into a slaughter house," he said dryly as he trotted past the werewolves, red and blue lightning jumped between his coat and their blades as he cancelled his spells, though he allowed Azumeril to remain at the ready. He saw Wrenchy standing near near Shadowcloak and breathed a mental sigh.

Fungus smiled wide and greeted the Boros officer as he reentered. The thought of return customers thrilled him. It meant he was doing something right. Though, upon closer examination, it looked like the lawpony was having a far worse night than he. Might as well indulge his requests to get that smile back, regardless of how insane those requests may be. After all, he knew that "strongest in the house" meant absolutely nothing in a barrel but four bottles labeled "Never Use. Ever. This means you, boy!" by his father. They were a special order, never paid for by some upper class Rakdos (There is such a thing, amazingly enough) and contains a proof he doesn't even want to imagine. He was pretty sure it tasted like distilled war crimes and foal's tears and could properly set this entire neighborhood on fire.

He poured a single shot of the deceptively clear liquid, as per order. May Razia watch over him.

"It's a shame about that preacher, Forest. He have any family?", he finally answered his friend, whose attention was shifted onto the little blue mare. Why would he be so glum about giving somepony a promotion? Who knows. It's not his place to ask.

Pantheon takes the shot and it goes down rough. Very rough... if it were possible to drink phyrexian oil and not... well you know... that is how harsh this stuff is. However, this stuff slaps Pantheon back to his senses. Ravnica is a dangerous place and their will be casualties on both sides. Best not get sensitive to it.

Pantheon can't help overhear Forest's conversation with the barkeep, Fungus was his name? Anyways, Pantheon had pretty much the same intel on the case as the civilians did. However the Legion of Wojek tried to keep this hush-hush. "I see word travels fast..." says Pantheon without moving an inch. "They say that the case is already being deemed cold. No leads yet as to my knowledge."

Faithful Dawn

The Guildless

Faithful turned the street corner just in time to see Silver leap into his own portal. Groaning about the circumstances (due to her dislike of teleportation), she rushed in and leaped through before it closed, plummeting right into the chamber and landing on her hooves with a warrior's grace. Looking around, she spotted the several werewolves and the other ponies, her eyes widening in alarm as they closed in on Silver. However, the Izzet stallion appeared to be in no real trouble, and so she moved to the side, giving a sheepish grin, scooting back toward the portal when it suddenly closed behind her, making her yelp in surprise.

"Oh no...no no no...surrounded by weird ponies and vicious werewolves, not the best situation for me...! Darn it, Faithful...always getting yourself into these messes!"

Turning her gaze back to the three ponies, she moved to the side lines and gave a nervous laugh. She'd really done it this time...! There's no going back now...but perhaps she can get through this without a fight breaking out...oh, how she hated violence.

"...um, don't mind me! Hehe...you three talk about whatever you need to, okay...? Let's not do anything too rash."

Wrenchy turned to see Silver there. Oh great... she was not only stuck in the middle of no where with shadowcloak and the good old Instigator gang! (i don't know how to do the link thing sorry!) But she was also now with the stallion that insulted her dreams and Celestia knows the other mare! She walked straght up to silver, a look of rage in her eye. She should have done this alot earlier but she was to upset from the initial comment to do it before, but now it was time.

A soft whir came from her flux glove as it started to charge up, the circular panel on the bottom starting to light up. She pointed it right in Silvers face, anger taking over any other decent thought she had "If my inventions are so useless then maybe i should demonstrate for you, you heartless B*****d " Her tone was rather dark. Unusual for the usually happy go lucky pony, but this was serious. She then looked back at Shadow, maintaining the stern look "And you, i want out of this place! I am at no fault here and im sure if i explain this to the authorities they will understand. " she then leaned to the side a little, looking at the strange mare she had never even seen before "will somepony please explain to me who the hay this is!? " There was so much anger stored up inside of her because of Silver. Even though he wasn't the only one to blame she was taking out her life of torment on him. But in her opinion he did deserve it.

Faithful Dawn

The Guildless

Faithful gave another nervous laugh at the question of her identity. Only a few ponies in the Guilds outside of the Boros Legion knew who she was...and she liked it that way. However, with the possibility of things escalating to a higher degree of danger, she tried to disarm the current situation.

"I...I'm just another victim of circumstances here...even though I brought it onto myself...but that is besides the point! Now please calm down before somepony gets hurt, okay? The last thing anypony wants right now is a fight? Your anger isn't going to help any matters...especially not now."

Her Boros Legion trained senses triggered in the back of her mind, detecting a powerful radiance of magic from the device on the Izzet League mare. Offering a disarming smile, she put her hooves in the air as a sign of good will.

"There's no need to get violent here...this can be solved peacefully, don't you think?"

Faithful clearly sounded strained, the oppressive magical energy making her spine shiver. If worse comes to worse, she'd be ready to defend herself.

"Are all of the ponies in Ravnica just going to file in here whenever they feel like it?!" Once more he waved the guards away from the new mare.

He turned to Wrenchy. "And you. No, they most certainly will not, they think you're the second most deadliest assassin, if not first. They will most like be ordered to KILL you ON. SIGHT." He forced her flux gloved-hoof to the ground.

Malik could not BUCKING take it anymore. The stress poured out of him in the form of flowing shadows, licking at the air around in, but limited by the light, his red eyes glowing violently. However, the torches blew out, and a few of the werewolves jumped behind the furniture for fear of their boss.

"Aw man, boss is getting angry again!" One of the bar werewolves cowered behind a sofa.

"I...AM NYTE DAGGER! I am the second deadliest assassin you have come to face in your pitiful lifespan!!" His voice boomed in the pitch black room, the octaves changing and morphing with each second.

"Do NOT TEST my patience..." He seemed to calm down, the unnatural darkness fading from himself and the room.

"Now. Let's start over again. Malik Shadowcloak, Wrenchy, whoever that is." He introduced himself and the others to the new mare.

Faithful Dawn

The Guildless

The display of anger that Malik displayed seemed to have no effect on Faithful. Despite the interesting way his stress was released...she had seen things far more imposing. She put on a smile though and nodded, letting her body visibly relax, but still ready for any possible action. Raising her head, she looked around the strange chamber they were in, then at the cowering werewolves, making her grin all the more.

"Nice pad...although a bit dark for my tastes. Sorry for barging in without notice, but I saw those two Izzet ponies running out of the Mushroom Kingdom in a hurry, so I thought I'd make sure they were okay...curse my impulsiveness...but in either case, I must ask as to what you are going to do with us now? Turn us into assassins like yourself? Throw our corpses into the streets of Ravnica...? Or simply put us in a dungeon for the rest of our lives? Oh...and nice little puppies you have here...they are quite adorable, if a little mangy."

As if to make a point, she sent a look to one of the werewolves hiding behind the sofa, her eyes showing a flash of viciousness that rarely showed in her. She still had many of the Boros Legion characteristics drilled into her as a filly...but she learned to control them...most of the time. Back at the academy, she had been known to have a glare that they said could skin dragons alive, not to mention the reputation she had earned with her special bow. Looking back to the assassin, waiting for an answer.

Silver stared into Wrenchy's eyes as she raised the flux glove to Silver's face. He didn't attempt to stop her, he didn't even try to move out of the way. It wouldn't be a problem for Silver to redirect the energy, but he needed Wrenchy to see that he was being sincere.

"Look Wrenchy," She started "I-I apologize, I came off harsher than I needed to be. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to demean your invention." Silver gulped visibly he was more afraid of what he was about to say than of the death beam trained on his head. "I chased after you to apologize, and...and offer my help, I'm sure that together we can revise your flux glove and make it usable for every Izzet." What had gotten into Silver, the laziest Izzet running willingly into a dangerous situation because he hurt somepony's feelings. The red mana must be strong in him today.

His eyes snapped to look behind him as another pony came through the portal, another mare, this one was quite the timid pony. "I agree with the other mare."

He looked Shadowcloak surprised when he mentioned all of Ravnica walking into the den. "That's not my fault, sloppy portal is sloppy. Anypony from House Dimir or the Azurious Senate should be able to reopen a portal like that easy enough. Boros and Gruul Clans could to if they weren't to busy trying to stab everything."

Shadowcloak suddenly anger began to flare and the stallion began radiating a strong aura of black and red mana the torches went out and his voice even began to change. Silver just stared at him with the same half lidded expression he's been wearing. Silver has fought Dimir's vamponies, Orzhov's gargoyles, and Rakdos' Demon's, heck he recline back when face to face with Niv-Mizzert...Color Silver not impressed.

After Shadowcloak's little personality lapse Silver chuckled at Faithful's little rant.

"Silver Charger, not 'whoever that is'." He said.

Norma resists the urge to shrink and back up from the other Simic pony, who unfortunately not only turned his attention back to her, but approached as well. She furrows her brows in confusion as she listens to him rattle off some order he has.

"I'm sorry...I don't understand, Doctor. Am I in trouble, or did I do something good? This is most unusual."

Wrench hoof sighs. Today had been a long day. She had had her dreams crushed... become Ravnica's second best assassin... and now she was cooped up in the middle of no-where with three crazy ponies she didn't really even know. But now she was actually getting an apology... the last thing she really expected along with the helping hoof he offered afterwards, making a few tears start to flow as Wrench stared at the floor "You... you really thing we can?... " She asked him as she wiped the tears from her eyes and continued to stare at the floor. Recovering from her small outbreak of crying she then turned to the assassin. She wasn't done with him yet. "Now what the hay are you going to do? Keep me here till you clear my name? Oh and by the way how are you going to attempt to do that? " She asked rather cynicaly as she prodded the assassin a few times when she really just wanted to blow his face into a million pieces... wouldn't that be nice?

Faithful smiled from the side, glad that atleast those two were sorting their issues out. Glancing at the werewolves, some-what seeing them as better company at the moment, she trotted over and joined them in watching the three ponies up ahead. She gave a huge grin and scooted in between two werewolves, bringing her wings in close.

"So...what is it that you all do around here...? Throw darts? Kill fluffy creatures? Pretend one of those pillars over there is a fire hydrant...?"

Her firm belief was that a stressful situation, especially one such as this, required some humor if only to make things less tense. Judging on how firm of a grip this Malik pony had on these mutts...they probably won't attack her, no matter how much she insulted them.

"Unless you have a better idea, yes. I'll pull a few strings for you, get them to reclassify the assassin as one of our debtors, falsify some evidence, get him thrown into the slammer." He waved his hoof with each step he listed.

"That way, we both get to walk away happy from this tomfoolery."

"Ey, you talkin' bad about me, I swear to god I'll rip your heard off you mudda'-!" The werewolf dressed in the suit was cut off by a fellow werewolf, also wearing a suit. Heck, all of them were.

"Easy, Mitchy, settle down." The werewolf chuckled, turning back to the mare. "Forgive him, he's a bit hot-headed, prideful ontop of that. You know how it goes."

"Well first let's start out with some introductions. Gentlemen?" He snaps his fingers.

Immediately, two other alpha males hop into a line, Mitchy and the werewolf who cut him off included.

"I'm Vinnie!" The werewolf who cut Mitchy off bows, him being the tallest of the four.

"I'm Donnie!" Another, slightly younger werewolf takes a sweeping bow.

"I'm Mitchy!" The gruff, irritable werewolf bows on cue.

"I'm Ronnie!" A slightly loopy looking werewolf bows as well.

"We're the Dmitriv Brothers! How do you do?" They say in unison to the mare, as only proper gentlemen would.

Faithful laughed lightly at the four werewolves, not trying to be rude, but simply because their unison was odd and interesting. Despite them being werewolves, they were obviously educated and well-versed socially. Assassins, indeed...

"Well, it's good to meet all of you. I'm Faithful, Faithful Dawn, formerly of the Boros Legion, and now guildless. Also, Mitchy, I'm sorry if what I said offended you! I was just trying to make a joke...you know, start a conversation in this dark atmosphere you have here."

As if to make a point, she nodded in Marik's direction, making a playful grin. Oh yes, she could be quite the troublesome one...but she knew what she was doing. Turning to the obvious leader of the group, Vinnie, she shrugged apologetically.

"So, what will your boss be doing with me and the two Izzet ponies? Any ideas? I'd rather subject myself to whatever fate is coming to me than be surprised...it's a quirk of mine, I'm afraid."

"Pfft! Can we do it, do you even have to ask?" he said as he put a hoof on her shoulder. "Best engineer i've seen in Izzet plus a master of energy flow and elemental research...how could we not figure this out?" He said beaming with confidence, he needed a good project. How long has it been since he actually did regular Izzet work, one, two years? I didn't matter, all that mattered was that the thought of this project lit a fire inside of him that had lain dormant for far too long.

"Yea, actually I do have a better idea, one that's much faster and less likely to blow up in somepony's face," He said rolling his eyes. "I replicate Wrenchy, you give the copy your cloak, the copy goes out and roams the city, it gets killed. Problem Solved" he shrugged.

"Ehhhh forget about it..." Mitchy pats her roughly, messing up her mane a bit. "You wanna see dark, just wait when he's action at night." He shudders. "Stuff of nightmares, I tell ya'!"

Vinne frowns, swirling his glass of expensive peach wine around. "Well, I'd imagine he'll be housing you guys now. He maybe the second deadliest assassin in Ravnica, but the only thing keeping him from being the first is his big heart." He takes a sip, sitting down on one of the fine chairs. "He has a thing for chivalry, even if he only follows part of it true to heart. Mainly the parts that talks about be kind and...well, chivalrous to mares. And judging by the look of it..." Vinnie takes a peek over at Wrenchy and Malik. "...I'd say the big man's gotta thing for her."

"Eh, she complains too much. Then again, I also don't perfer girls who have hooves...or do I?" He winks rather lewdly at Dawn before having his face mooshed by Vinnie.

"Could you please put your hormones away and stop hitting on the guest, Mitchy?"

"Oh shaddup, like you are any better!"

"At least I try to supress them..."

"She's pretty!" Ronnie says out of the blue. On closer inspection, Ronnie is actually...much shorter, and considerably younger then the other alpha males, probably thirteen years old you'd guess.

"No, problem not solved. We're trying to get her BACK into the guild. Alive. You're thinking short-term, and I can't keep her holed up in here. That would be terrible. We have to deal with the whole mess, not just part of it, unless you don't want her back in the Izzet League, which I'm sure she would like to be right about not." Malik points out the flaws in Charger's plan.

"I'll deal with the situation. I got her into this mess and I'm going to get her out." He stomps his hoof on the ground, determined to complete the task at hand.

Faithful blushed slightly, giving a nervous laugh. My...what flirts. Still though, they were kind of pleasant to be with. However, hearing Silver's plan set her own gears inside her head in motion, and she gave a small bow to the four werewolf brothers.

"I thank you for the hospitality, gentlewolves...but I believe I should go and speak with the other three ponies to the side. It was great meeting all of you, though! Perhaps I'll see you all again soon."

Offering a parting smile, she left them to their own discussion and went over to the two Izzet ponies. Standing before them, she gave a warm grin and nodded to the two of them.

"That's a good plan, Izzet stallion. If you want, perhaps I can help...? You don't know me, and I don't know you, but I'd be completely willing. If you can make a dead replicate of...Wrenchy...here, I can take it in to the Boros Legion myself and say that I disposed of her. I hold considerable standing among them, so I can promise it will work. So how about it? However...if that won't work...perhaps we can make a mimic of Malik's body here?".

She held her hoof out, as if to make a deal, waiting for Silver's response.

"NO assassin, I have not only considered the short term. Though my solution is fast it in fact answers the problem the legion believes a cloaked pony is the assassin, they know nothing more! They will keep up the hunt until the cloaked pony is captured. Boros acts fast and with ruthless justice, while you attempt to formulate a shadowy espionage plan to manipulate them, they are increasing the number of legionnaires patrolling the streets, they are invading the homes of ponies, looking for a cloaked assassin, and even holding innocents in an attempt to intimidate information out of them." He said challenging the assassin's plan. "We give them what they want and this ends."

"Tell me i'm wrong in my assessment." He dared.

"Besides, The Firemind enjoys a little rowdy behavior from his League every so often." He said with a smirk.

Silver turned to the mare and met her hoof with his in a shake. "Ah, You must be Boros if you can bring in an assassin." He said as a half question half statement. "anyway on topic, yes I accept the offer."

"I can have a dead copy of Wrenchy ready in about twenty minutes." He looked at the mare in front of him and realized that they haven't exchanged names yet. "I'm Silver Charger by the way."

Faithful smiled again, nodding. She was a rather cheerful pony, always smiling...and that's good, because you'd never want to see her angry. She shook her head at the question about being a Boros, however.

"I'm Faithful Dawn... and I am sorry to tell you that I am no longer a Boros Legionnaire...but they still regard me as one of them, no matter how much I dislike it. As soon as you have it prepared, I'll take the fake Wrenchy out to one of their control stations."

She turned around and looked straight at Malik, her lavender eyes piercing.

"...is this plan alright with you, Assassin...?"

"No. It's not. She wasn't wearing the hood. They saw both of our faces. They know who we are, so I'll have to go deep into my pockets to change that." Malik huffs, pulling his hood over his face again. "That wouldn't add up for the second accomplice, nor would it allow her to go back to the guild. She can't be in her guild if she's dead, much less an assassin." He explains rationally.

"Bribery isn't an option...so we'll simply avert the eyes of our fellow, law-abiding citizens to the...'real' assassins. Enter the debtors who haven't made payments in well over a year." He chuckles wickedly, grinning from ear to ear. He loved it when he felt his mind at work. "We'll get some of Ronnie's men to falsify some irrefutable evidence against them, and, ironically, the law take care of the men for me, an assassin. Oooooh, I just love it! They'll be working for me without even knowing it." Malik cackled with an evil glee.

"Which means I can mark that off my bucket list! Excellent."

Faithful narrowed her eyes, glaring at the assassin with a cold stare. Oh, she severely disliked ponies like these...willing to use innocent ponies as pawns or substitutes. Putting her hooves on her hips, she shook her head.

"You can't do that...! We can't allow others to suffer needlessly for your mistakes! Surely you can think of something else that doesn't involve innocent ponies dying...? Don't you have a heart...? Wait...scratch that, one such as you wouldn't have one, correct?"

She sighed, knowing her words were pointless, but she might as well try to convince him to do something else. Oh, how ponies like Malik make her blood boil...! But getting angry won't solve anything here, and like it or not, she had become a part of this little conspiracy. She just hoped they could find a peaceful way of bringing it to an end...

"Actually, they are ponies that hired my services in the first place. But they still haven't payed up, so I'll use them. I wouldn't use loan debtors. That's not how we do things around here. Donnie?" Malik snapped his fingers.

"I'm Donnie Dmitriv, I work the bank and loan part of our coporate empire." The werewolf puffs his chest, proud of his family business.

"We don't shake our debtors down like most mafia do. We promote and encourage the use of our services by assisting them with paying off the debt, talking them through each step in the process off paying of current and future debts and working out a payment plan that would fit their budget and daily work schedule. As for the ones who fail to pay on time repeatedly..." Donnie adjusts his glasses. "We alert the authorities with an anonymous tip, and they get thrown into jail, simple as that."

Grumbling a bit, Faithful looked off to the side a bit angrily. No matter how much she disliked it...she supposed it was the only option here. Glancing at the odd werewolf, she huffed a bit and rolled her eyes, turning around and going to an area of the room by herself so she could calm down. Oh, how these things infuriated her...! It seemed this place was a mix of both the Cult of Rakdos and the Orzhov Syndicate! With a sigh, she brushed back her mane and sat down in silence.

"...despite the reason...I suppose it is fair, if those who aren't paying have the means to do so..."

"Dammit, I was hoping they didn't see her face." He said stomping his front hooves. "I could just as easily make copies of both of you to feed to the Boros but the aren't that stupid."

"This makes it so much worse, and those legionnaires still live." He snorted. "By now they've already told their higher up what you look like. No amount of false information will deter them. You think they follow the law? They are the law, it curves for them."

"No, this is probably the first time you've bucked up like this...and by the looks of your organization and how you talk of connections you've been at this for a while. Boros is likely tired of you and if you use banking connections to arrest two ponies that don't match the descriptions and Boros will have Orzhov's head. Orzhov depend on Boros for defense so they will track that tip, and they will point Boros back at you and Wrenchy."

"Faithful, how are the Boros handling assassins undermining them as of late?" He asked with his head down.

"Everything we do will only delay them." he said sadly. "I was hoping to avoid this, but I have to go to Sunhome." He stated dryly.