Promo Cards

Motion Paradox

I've been collecting the promotional My Little Pony cards and was wondering if anyone with experience buying this sort of thing thinks that there will be a point in the near future where there will be another surge in the cards being put up on ebay or if there's perhaps another place that I could search for them, the only thing I can really think of is that perhaps a lot of people will sell some around Christmas

Specifically I want to find the card for Rainbow Dash since that's the only promotional card that doesn't have any listings and the last one was so expensive

As far as I know, Rarity was released at Summer BronyCon 2012 and goes for about 100$ on eBay. Fluttershy was released at the San Diego Comic Con and (due to the much smaller amount of Bronies who got their hands on the cards) recently sold for about 140$ on eBay. I know that there was another one that released at EFNW, (Dash?) but not much else.

I would hold onto these for another year or so, friend. As the cards become less-and-less common and the fandom grows bigger and bigger, the value is just gonna skyrocket.

Keep in a plastic protective case and a card-binder for maximum protection. A second printing of MLP cards is scheduled for late-September, but no new promos should be part of it, save particular events a la the above stated.

• Like 1

I would hold onto these for another year or so, friend. As the cards become less-and-less common and the fandom grows bigger and bigger, the value is just gonna skyrocket.

It could just as easily be a bubble that bursts. Has Hasbro stated that these promo cards will not be reprinted?

As far as I know, Rarity was released at Summer BronyCon 2012 and goes for about 100$ on eBay. Fluttershy was released at the San Diego Comic Con and (due to the much smaller amount of Bronies who got their hands on the cards) recently sold for about 140$ on eBay. I know that there was another one that released at EFNW, (Dash?) but not much else.

Fluttershy was given away at EFNW.

It could just as easily be a bubble that bursts. Has Hasbro stated that these promo cards will not be reprinted?

I heard they will be released later, but still in limited number. I don't have confirmation though, just a rumor.

I wouldn't doubt it. The trading cards are neat, but I just don't see any long-term value getting applied to them. I could be wrong, though. Something is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it, hence we have $2k plushies and $100+ trading cards floating around.

I hope they hold their value whether they are reprinted or not.

I think Hasbro made a mistake here, and one that they shouldn't given all the experience their magic people have with doing things right AND making people angry.

Collectors should have a chance at getting penny pieces of cardboard without undo strain before the price explodes.

Hasbro owns MtG somehow?

Hasbro bought Wizards of the Coast back in 1999. They've been mostly hands off, allowing Wizards to do what they do best. The biggest change that I can see is that they are required to give all the products a 3-digit hasbro code. (ie: "ISD" for Innistrad, "RTR" for Return to Ravnica).