Despite some recent financial woes I had to re enter the mouse market this last week due to the pain caused by my old computer mouse.

I had a Logitech Wireless Mouse M310 and its small size was really hard on my hands causing severe cramping in my fingers and wrist.

(it came with the keyboard, a Logitech MK520 mouse/keyboard combo set)

I heard Trackball mice were better for you if you experience pains in the fingers or wrists when using a mouse so I now own one.

I have to say it works pretty well for my issue, my wrist and fingers on my right side are now feeling better after my hands leave contact with the mouse.

Its a Logitech Wireless Trackball M570 and while it will take time getting used to and the ball to get broken in I say its a very good mouse all things considered.

Has anyone else tried a trackball before?

I will say it is very weird to work with at first but after some time it does get better after playing around with it.

I've never owned one however my grandfathers other half uses one as she has arthritis, when I used their computer I found it unusual at first but very comfortable on the hand. I'm using the newest apple magic mouse at the moment as it came with a discount with my mac and I find it to be the most functional and comfortable mouse i've used.

I've never owned one however my grandfathers other half uses one as she has arthritis, when I used their computer I found it unusual at first but very comfortable on the hand. I'm using the newest apple magic mouse at the moment as it came with a discount with my mac and I find it to be the most functional and comfortable mouse i've used.

In the future you may want to invest in a better mouse though, the trackballs on those things are horrible after extended use.

Not everything with an Apple logo on it is good

In the future you may want to invest in a better mouse though, the trackballs on those things are horrible after extended use.

Not everything with an Apple logo on it is good

SO far i've had no problems with it but i'll see how it fairs after prolonged use, whilst I love my mac book pro as it is unbelievably fast and doesn't crash every 5 mins like my PC, I really dislike the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, they are utterly useless. some apple products I really dislike :P

SO far i've had no problems with it but i'll see how it fairs after prolonged use, whilst I love my mac book pro as it is unbelievably fast and doesn't crash every 5 mins like my PC, I really dislike the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, they are utterly useless. some apple products I really dislike :P

I just know some mac users thanks to being a linux user, they complain about the hardware limitations of apple products a lot.

As for your PC crashes, what kind of PC are you running?

Specs?

Operating system?

I may be able to assist though it will be a bit off topic

I just know some mac users thanks to being a linux user, they complain about the hardware limitations of apple products a lot.

As for your PC crashes, what kind of PC are you running?

Specs?

Operating system?

I may be able to assist though it will be a bit off topic

Yeah they have their flaws but it's perfect for me personally.

My PC is like 10 years old now and it's running XP so it's not very good now. My brother went through 2 new laptops with windows XP and all of them died after 6-9 months :P

Yeah they have their flaws but it's perfect for me personally.

My PC is like 10 years old now and it's running XP so it's not very good now. My brother went through 2 new laptops with windows XP and all of them died after 6-9 months :P

a 10 year old PC with windows?

No wonder why it crashes, I bet you didnt clean it out with a can of air or anything over the years so that the parts remain free of harmful particles.

Its possible to get such a computer running clean again though, you may want to try a linux in it as XP is done for next year.

a 10 year old PC with windows?

No wonder why it crashes, I bet you didnt clean it out with a can of air or anything over the years so that the parts remain free of harmful particles.

Its possible to get such a computer running clean again though, you may want to try a linux in it as XP is done for next year.

Nah it's a pain to clean, it's in like a little pigeon hole and has a ton of cables running through it.

It's the family computer anyway, i'm moving to university next month so it's not really my problem anymore XD

Now I have a 310, good for me, even if it guzzles batteries (hah, fixed that with NiMh's having a charged set as spare) I had a Logitech Trackball (In fact did got two) first back in 1992, junked it for unusability issues (really, gunk got in all the time) and then... disasembly time! Had a switchblade to pry the plastic apart and clean it. But at least included 2 balls...

On 2002 bought another one, flashy, wireless, 5 buttons, optic, a nice big Spheric round ball belonging to a red light district shop... Same annoyance, gunk now got stuck between the IR window and the ball (aside 3 metalic rollers) making the user experience miserable... And the enamel of the ball could crack in a fall to the floor... Leaving a permanent nuisance and making the thing unusable... Better keep clean your desk, at least the mouse area (you could use a mouse pad to make you remember how much you have to keep tidy)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...