Carrots and Conversations (Finished)

Lux

[colour=#0000cd]"Hey"[/colour] Shouted Bass Rider as he walked back with two brooms being levitated by his magic. [colour=#0000cd]"Sit down for a second and let me help you."[/colour] With those words he sat the brooms on the ground and began plucking splinters out of Static with his magic. [colour=#0000cd]"I'm no doctor, but the least i could to is get these out..." [/colour]

A couple hundred splinters and a makeshift bandage later Bass Rider let Static back up. [colour=#0000cd]"Right, now, You and I are going to sweep this mess up."[/colour] He began as he levitated Static the other broom. [colour=#0000cd]"and you're going to work with Miss Harvest for the next couple of weeks to help pay her back for what you just did. it's the least you could do..."[/colour][colour=#000000] Bass Rider looked back at Carrot top and Aloe[/colour][colour=#0000cd]. "Miss Aloe, why don't you and Miss Harvest go to the spa, we can take it from here." [/colour][colour=#000000]Bass rider gave them both a smile as he turned back to static. [/colour][colour=#0000cd]"What your name friend?"[/colour]

Through her crying, Carrrot Top almost did not hear Aloe offering her condolences. Then she saw the bag of bits that was placed at the earth pony's hooves as well as the free ticket to the spa. The mare was surprised at the outpouring of support. The amount of bits in the bag was a good day of business worth and the spa pass was one that only a select few ponies had the means to afford.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Th...thank you Aloe," [/colour]she said giving her friend a hug, [colour=#FF8C00]"Oh I just don't know how I'll ever be able to pay you. If you need anything, especially food since I got alot of it, let me know!"[/colour]

Carrot looked over and saw the pony that had careened into her stand looking very remorseful for what he had done. Part of her just wanted to grab the vandal and shake some sense into him. But seeing him apologize for his actions, she couldn't help but have her heart soften for him.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Hey, it's ok. Strange things happen."[/colour]

then saw Deep Bass return levitating two brooms, ready to assist in the clean up. He offered some great advice to have Carrot go to the spa while he and the other pony help clean up.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Thnks for helping me you two. That sounds like a great idea Deep Bass. Maybe a trip to the spa is what i need to cheer me up. As for the stand, I guess the first thing you can do is collect any boards that can be saved as well as any food. I'm going to have to wash the carrots, but as long as they're not scratched or broken they should be ok. Any jars not cracked or broken are also fine. I guess we can create a makeshift stand with my cart. Are you sure you wto can do this on your own, especially you who looks kind of hurt?" [/colour]

After Static had started to move the broken wood into piles, the mare had accepted his apology, which had made him feel a little better, but had felt his heart pang in regret when he knew it wasn't an accident, while the other ponies thought it was. He couldn't bring himself to fully explain himself at this moment, as he had to focus on cleaning his mess. After he was done, he would talk to the mare.

As Static was shifting the broken wood and mashed carrots, he was startled when the blue-coated stallion came back, carrying two brooms with his magic. He noticed Static's battle wounds and sat him down to fix up his injuries. He used his magic to carefully pluck out splinters, causing Static to flinch and whimper everytime one was pulled out. Static was half-glad to get them out, but felt it wasn't neccesary. He needed to keep working to fix his mess, and fixing his injuries was only delaying their work. After fixing up his gash with some ripped fabric from the stand, Static decided to speak up.

[colour=#008080]"Hey, umm, thanks for patching me up, but I don't think that's necessary. I'm fine... I just need to fix my mess. And my attitude..." [/colour]

As the stallion began to sweep up, he levitated a broom over to Static. He snatched up the broom in his hooves, not wanting to get any more splinters in his hooves as he picked up the broken wood. As they worked, the unicorn gave some advice to the two mares, telling them to go to the town spa while Static and the stallion would clean up. Static for one, thought that was a great idea. They could relax and spend a good chunk of time away from here while the two guys could fix the mess. Static really only wanted to do it himself, as he wanted to show the mare how sorry he was, but he knew that the unicorn colt wouldn't stand for it. He had also liked the idea of working for the mare, it could help them get on better grounds, and Static could possibly make a new friend! Static lit up at the thought of getting a chance at making a friend, and a mare no less!

The stallion then asked for Static's name, which he told him. He wasn't sure if he should act cool about the situation, or to keep apologizing for his actions. Static decided on just sticking to a reserved, shy manner, thinking it was the best approach.

[colour=#008080]"Umm, my name is Static Arc. I live in Cloudsdale. W-What's yours?"[/colour]

After introducing himself, Static saw the carrot vendor walk over and voice her opinion on the the stallion's plan. She seemed to like it as well, and gave some tips on what should be reused and what should by thrown out, but commented on if she should help, as she noticed Static's leg. Static didn't want to make the mare feel bad about not helping, and he didn't want to seem weak with his injury, so he stopped working for a moment and looked at the mare with a look of sadness on his face. He still felt really bad for the mare, and couldn't bear to see her so sad.

[colour=#008080]"No, you go on and relax. This is my mess, and it wouldn't seem right to share my mistake with you. My leg is fine, it may sting a little, but I can work through the pain. I need to make this right. Go on to the spa. Both of us can handle this."[/colour]

Static then turned back around got right back to work, working his hooves around the broom, sweeping up the shards into one pile and putting bigger pieces that can be reused into another. Static Arc didn't care how long it would take to make this right, but one way or another he would fix this. It might take a while, but it would be worth it in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Time Passed, and soon the sun began to set. Bass Rider tossed the last peace of wood into the pile of things that could be reused before plopping down on the rode,[colour=#0000cd] "Ugh..."[/colour]Sighing He fell onto his back more tired that he should have been.[colour=#0000cd] "Note to self, don't stay up all night then help clean up a cart"[/colour] Laughing to himself he looked over at static [colour=#0000cd]"You would think Aloe and Carrot top would be back by now. Guess spa trips take longer then i thought." [/colour]

Bass Let out a tired chuckle before sitting back up, looking over the cart. [colour=#0000cd]"man you really did a number on that thing. But whats done is done. cant change the past right...Right?"[/colour] He shrugged. Standing back up he walking over to the cart and grabbed an unbroken bottle of carrot soup.[colour=#0000cd] "Man i'm hungry. I'll leave her some bits when she gets back." popping open the top Bass downed all of the soup in that bottle fairly fast. "any way, we should get this stuff to the dump-..."[/colour]

Bass stopped remembering something he should have asked about an hour ago. [colour=#0000cd]"... how's your leg?"[/colour]

Static Arc had stuck to this job for a few hours now, which amazed him greatly considering under normal circumstances, he would have bailed by now, his mind telling him that it wasn't worth it and to just leave and never go near the Ponyville market ever again. Static was proud of himself, not resorting to that and sticking by his own words to help out Carrot Top and going by his conscience to which he would never forgive himself if he wouldn't carry this out.

Static's fatigue dropping only wished he was a unicorn like Bass Rider, having magic would really help in this sort of work, but his own determination to set things right gave him the strength to continue going without any breaks. As Static and his partner tossed the last piece of reusable wood into a pile, Bass spoke up and addresed the two mares who were out at the spa. Static didn't look up from Bass' words, as he was sorting through wood and measuring each piece to see if it wasn't in the right place. As Static exchanged sides with a piece, he spoke up.

[colour=#008080]"Well, I've never really been to one, so I wouldn't really know how long it would be. After all, Carrot Top deserves it after what I did. I hope she'll like what were doing... I just keep thinking that what I'm doing isn't enough to fix what I did. I feel like I should be doing more to help her..."[/colour]

Thinking that all of the pieces were in the right place, he picked up his mop again and moved back to where most of the carrot treats fell, and were still some that needed cleaning up. As Static worked the mop and pickied up any stray broken glass and throwing it into the garbage pile, he answered Bass again, quickly showing a look of guilt and sadness over thinking back to his act of selfishness and recklessness.

[colour=#008080]"Carrot Top probably had that stand for a long time, and probably had some good memories with it, as long as her only means to earn bits. If I knew how she would react, I would have had better judgement on my actions. I want to change the past, but I can't. The only way to do that is fix her stand, and make sure I pay for everything I broke, all the while making sure were on peaceful ground. Anyway, I agree, let's get to the dump before sunset."[/colour]

Looking over the pile of dead wood and broken glass that would be taken to the dump, Static noticed that they didn't have a wagon to carry it in. Thinking that Bass would just levitate it all over to the dump, Static stood by the pile, checking it over every so often to see if anyhing was out of place. When Bass asked about his leg, Static was surprised that he had even forgot about it. He looked down at his leg to see how it was doing. It didn't really seem to hurt anymore, so he guessed it was doing alright. Even if a hasty covering was the only thing that could be done, it seemed to be doing the trick.

[colour=#008080]"It doesn't hurt as bad, so I guess it's doing alright. Umm, thanks for trying to cover it up, and even more, for helping me out with my mess. You really didn't have to, but you did anyway. You could have just left me be and been on your way. Why did you stay and help me?"[/colour]