The Legend of Celestia: Eternal Darkness(OOC)

DarkStar

Hello once again everypony! When we left off, I started a little RP thread not too long ago, and the only posts in it so far are OOC replies, and that's what this thread will be used for from now on, just so we can stay organized and whatnot. So, any outside discussion from our current roleplay that is held here will definitely be appreciated! Also, I'm thinking of adding the nice bit of asking about joining on here as well, so that the roleplay isn't 'interrupted' with a sudden OOC asking to join, so in a sense, this thread can also be a a great little place for heads-up posts. Feel free to post away any OOC in this thread; thanks a bunch!

Thank you, frenzyhero for making the suggestion in the first place. ^^

And here is a quick Link over to the actual roleplay... and enjoy the luxury of fast travel on the internet! :D

Hello once again everypony! When we left off, I started a little RP thread not too long ago, and the only posts in it so far are OOC replies, and that's what this thread will be used for from now on, just so we can stay organized and whatnot. So, any outside discussion from our current roleplay that is held here will definitely be appreciated! Also, I'm thinking of adding the nice bit of asking about joining on here as well, so that the roleplay isn't 'interrupted' with a sudden OOC asking to join, so in a sense, this thread can also be a a great little place for heads-up posts. Feel free to post away any OOC in this thread; thanks a bunch!

Thank you, frenzyhero for making the suggestion in the first place. ^^

Protip: Post the link to the actual roleplay in the OOC discussion's original post, and the link to the OOC in the roleplay's original post.

Oh, and uh, just who will post first? Are we going to have a narrator? I feel it'd help the story significantly. Also, have a cast list, who's playing who.

Like I'm playing NMM aight? Also...I think I'd be a good narrator. JUST throwing it out there...*HINT HINT*.

So, do we have all the roles filled?a

Well...I think whoever is making the RP should do any narrations :P since...after all...they are the ones who know what the RP is all about and can later add any small details they wish to it. In either case, this will be an interesting experience :)

But anyway, will the characters that are of the original Cast need OC Apps? Which brings up another question: Would the Mane 6 or any other cast pony be different in here compared to the normal canon versions?

• Like 1

Sorry guys... I know I haven't planned all that much, at least, with the OOC part. I'm kind of a noob to this, so bear with me. >.> But here is what I had in mind...

I wanted to have a roleplay that would resemble both Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(with some Twilight Princess elements such as Link learning 'hidden skills' which I believe are techniques that any good warrior can come up with... if you think about it, those hidden skills are pretty simple to understand) and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The idea is to try and blend those two worlds and franchises together as one thing. Instead of the land of Hyrule, we have the land of Equestria. I've modified it a little so that the Kokiri Forest, or how it's known in this roleplay as the 'Piconi Forest'(A pony word play on the word 'Picori' from the LoZ game, Minish Cap). Which shares the common elements of the original Kokiri Forest, only it's sealed away very deep within the depths of what is known commonly as the self sustaining Everfree Forest. Link of course, is introduced in this roleplay, along with any other characters that wish to participate; whether you want to be one of the Mane 6, supporting characters, etc, or OC's(There is no application required, so don't feel that you're being pressured for such or anything like that... this is not the Mane RP, so don't worry about the whole app thing). I plan on replacing the medallions you receive when playing Ocarina of Time(the six Sage medallions, of course) with the six elements of harmony. Like the Sages, whoever represents the element of harmony in question will be able to aid Link in his quest by sharing their power with him(As the Sages said they would in the game), except this time, why not change it up a bit and have the good guys travel with Link? That way you guys always have the chance to participate! And... of course, this is being crossed over with My Little Pony, so it would only make sense to add in the part where Link will learn about the magic of friendship as well, right? Maybe even in a similar way that Twilight did... so much to do, no time for friends, etc... And just like the OoT storyline, Link(I decided to play as him since the main protagonist tends to take lots of damage and sometimes goes through many emotional beatings, but that doesn't mean you guys still can't be epic) starts out as a child, or in this case, a little green coated, green cap wearing, blonde maned, blue eyed unicorn colt that carries around a sword and shield on his back with a golden Triforce cutie mark that he'd received after ceasing the curse that was placed upon the deity of the Piconi Forest. Right now, I'm wondering whether to add in the part where we would have to find the three spiritual stones required to open the Temple of Time... it just seems very necessary to me. And yes, I will add in the time travelling bits, you know, when Link pulls or puts back the Master Sword on the Pedestal of Time. Then, after Nightmare Moon(clearly playing the role of Ganondorf) succeeds in shrouding the world with the darkness of night, the now fully grown Link and his friends must find the Elements of Harmony, which are this time hidden away in various parts of Equestria. I plan on making it so that these elements will be found wherever the Mane 6 ponies came from. Though I'll have to catch up on my MLP story... I'm pretty sure Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are from Cloudsdale, so I'm not sure at the moment how to separate both the Loyalty and Kindness elements... oh, and on top of that, these elements will of course be hidden in dungeons(and if you guys want, we can design our own dungeons filled with monsters to defeat and puzzles for Link and his friends to solve!). The destined bearers of the elements of course will be able to help Link... this time, it won't be just the elements of harmony that will stop Nightmare Moon... this time, action must literally be taken, as in physical combat. Link of course, being the weapon of justice in this whole ordeal. You know... the bearer of the Triforce of Courage, whom in which has the balance of Equestria, and the world, in his hooves.

That's all I can really say about my plans for now. I definitely hope I made it more clear to you all! And any other questions I'll gladly address and answer here! ^^

And I think Rarity and Applejack are both from Ponyville. But at least we get to visit a rock farm!

Why don't you have the Elements be hidden in reference to what everypony was doing when they got their cutie mark? Or some other thing that will split them up more obviously?

Also, still want to know your opinion on having two characters.

Well, it seems you put quite some thought into this, Darkstar :) I myself am a world-builder, and I can already tell this will be fun.

(Also, I am a BIG fan of the LoZ series, so if you ever want help, feel free to ask.)

By the way, did you consider that "Element of Courage" thing for the Master Sword? I think it would fit better than the "Element of Magic", since its Link and all :P

FermataTheBasse: I've been thinking that over for a good amount of the night, and if the elements are placed that way, then it just might be a lot easier, then I also thought about placing them in similar areas that the temples were found in the game, or maybe... just what locations in Equestria might have characteristics related to [insert element of harmony here]? Even now, I'm still trying to think of something, and so far I've come up with the Element of Magic could obviously be placed somewhere in Canterlot... it just makes sense to me for some reason. I'm definitely working on it! Oh, and as for the two characters thing... I remember you telling me that these 'two characters' are basically one character, but one is the disguised form of Queen Chrysalis, right? So technically, wouldn't you still be playing as one character? In that sense, I'd be just fine with it. ^^

Valencetiger: Link is already the holder of the Triforce of Courage, right? In that sense, I didn't believe it was necessary to add something like that. His own courage is what drives him, and normally in the series, his courage is unmatched, but I guess we'll see during the roleplay, won't we? ^^ And I decided that the Master Sword won't replace the element of magic, that just like one of the Sage medallions, the bearer of that element will be able to help Link by sharing their power with him. And this time, whoever plays a role in which they wish to represent a certain element(Twilight Sparkle doesn't necessarily need to be played to use the element of magic. If your character is skilled superbly in magic, then that OC can be used too), will be viewed inevitably in the future as the Sage of Magic, or the Sage of Loyalty, and etc...

Ah, I see. I guess I must have misinterpreted... sorry. But in a case like that, I surely would have no problem with something like that.

And I never said that Twilight Sparkle wouldn't work, it's just that I don't wish to limit a participant to his/her options as to whom they'd want to be. As long as they can somehow represent one of the elements of harmony, then they'll be accepted as well. If you really want to play as Twilight, then go right ahead! ^^ She bears the element of magic in the story anyhow, but of course, I'll leave it up to you as to whom you would like to play as. After all, there's a position filled already, the element of kindness, that is, and they're going to play as Fluttershy. Just a little example I'd like to throw out there. =)

Wow, I was just going to update the first post of the roleplay... but it turns out that I already cast you as Twilight long before! Still, a couple updates shall be made, but unfortunately, all important positions haven't been filled yet... though I'll follow frenzyhero's advice again and just post links between here and the actual roleplay to make jumping back and forth far easier. Also, I'm writing a little pilot story somewhat related to this roleplay. It'll take some time, but it's only covering the events before Link leaves the forest... in the roleplay's case as it is now, as we know, Link has already left, and Ponyville, my intended first stop for him, happens to lie within his path toward Canterlot. It shouldn't be long before I'm finished with this pilot story... I'll most likely post it on Google Docs, and I'll provide a link for it on this thread... hehe... link... anyway, yeah, if you're ever interested when I'm finished, it'll be there for you anytime you wish to read it! ^^

Would totally love to play my oc, Licorice Black, if that's cool..? C: Here's her profile. http://www.canterlot...licorice +black (Honestly don't think she's going to be approved for mane lol but yeah) Also, just to fill the role, I could totally the element of generosity..? Or would you rather that was played by a Rarity..? Either way, thank yoos! :3

Okay, so... I'm a little confounded here. And I apologize for mostly slow replies... I have many more things in life that need doing like chores and hobbies and whatnot. I thought that Fermata wanted to play as two other characters entirely? >.> Though I suppose that covers most of the major roles, but I suppose I can't deny anypony their freedom of choice in any way, so if you really want to be those two instead, then go ahead, but until you confirm it, until you're absolutely sure that you want to be those two(the last thing I want you to have is a chooser's regret), then I'll make the update to the first post for you. ^^

Now THAT is an impressive confirmation! Alright, Dark Star APPROVES! The update shall be made and you will have the privilege of playing as the majestically beautiful unicorn and the awesomely tomboyish pegasus in 3...2...1... *POOF! Your soul separates in two and manifest as your two choices*

I can't believe I forgot to mention that Link was going to be a unicorn... sorry if I caused any confusion, guys. I guess I was a little too excited and just jumped right in, but I'll be sure to remember that if the time ever comes for introductions again! ^^ And I'll definitely let you know if we need a dragon, so don't you worry! :)