Ponies + Human Tools = WTF

Catloaf

I always liked the theory that ponies end up inhabiting Earth after homo sapiens die off for some reason. And perhaps not too much longer later (maybe even while humans still existed), some species of equine gained intelligence and decreased in size. After the humans die off, it's filled with the remains of human's existence: saddles, human tools, and even some architecture.

And of course as always, magic makes it all complete.

I always imagined that (assuming that humans would eradicate themselves with ICBMs) the nuclear fallout would cause genetic mutations on any creature left living and that over time, depending on environmental conditions, this would give rise to pegasus and unicorn ponies and some of the creatures in the Everfree Forest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hi hi

Yet more from the realm of "people without hands doing things." Hirotada Ototake threw a pretty good pitch for someone without any limbs.

That dude is awesome. Mountains of respect for him.

I always thought that they all had super sticky gunk at the end of their hooves that allowed them to hold stuff kinda like the power puff girls...........What it all comes from the mind of Faust. :)

hi hi

Yet more from the realm of "people without hands doing things." Hirotada Ototake threw a pretty good pitch for someone without any limbs.

I always thought that they all had super sticky gunk at the end of their hooves that allowed them to hold stuff kinda like the power puff girls...........What it all comes from the mind of Faust. :)

That sticky gunk would really be quite amazing. Although wouldn't it suck to get stuck to the ground all the time? It just seems like it might have been a hassle... Maybe the tools themselves are sticky.

I know you were joking. But I'm a serious guy xD

NOODLE ARMS!

SpikePowerpuffarms.jpg?t=1300752570

OH MY GOD... Where did that pic come from? I really need to see that episode again. How did I miss arms like THAT?

NOODLE ARMS!

OH MY GOD... Where did that pic come from? I really need to see that episode again. How did I miss arms like THAT?

First episode, when they go to see Fluttershy.

NOODLE ARMS!

First episode, when they go to see Fluttershy.

Ah... I don't know how I didn't notice it. "Oh, a baby dragon! Oh my gosh!" NOODLE ARMS!

hi hi

I always thought that they all had super sticky gunk at the end of their hooves that allowed them to hold stuff kinda like the power puff girls...........What it all comes from the mind of Faust. :D

That sticky gunk would really be quite amazing. Although wouldn't it suck to get stuck to the ground all the time? It just seems like it might have been a hassle... Maybe the tools themselves are sticky.

I know you were joking. But I'm a serious guy xD

I am too :)

Well maybe it could be like a spider then were they can control it. Idk. Faust has some explaining to do. :shifty:

hi hi

How about this: Ponies have a coat of fur right? So maybe all the tools are covered in a special kind of velcro (the prickly side, not the soft side) so things just stick right to their coat. That also explains why the hold hammers in their mouths, because velcro wouldn't be strong enough to withstand the impact.

hi hi

How about this: Ponies have a coat of fur right? So maybe all the tools are covered in a special kind of velcro (the prickly side, not the soft side) so things just stick right to their coat. That also explains why the hold hammers in their mouths, because velcro wouldn't be strong enough to withstand the impact.

That's a good idea. It's possible, and it seems like something Faust would do. And about the magnets: maybe. Activated by thought seems a tad extreme, but maybe.

• 2 months later...

Here's something that may be an interesting twist on this topic in light of the revelalation of Discord's existance;

I will toss this out to see if it sparks any fanfics like it's trying to do with me, but my favorite Creation myth is from the Nez Pierce tribe, which could apply to the absense of humans if Equestria is Earth. ;) (I will also repost this in the writing forum here.)

This is a loose paraphrase of the legend since Im working from memory...

In the beginning, before humans there were the First People. All the animals lived in tribes of their kind, and were as big as man would be if not more so. Each lodge (tribe) was led by the god of their race, the best ideals of their tribe in one being, Magic was everywhere and in everything and all was good.

Except for the trickster god, Coyote.

He was loath to work hard and so apparently were many in his tribe. When he heard similar complaints at the councel meeting of the other species, he had a wonderful idea.

He would use his magic to make something with more nimble paws to serve him and all the First People. Something with no fur or fang so as to depend on their masters for food.

Without telling anyone what he was up to, he worked great magics to create the worker slaves. He made the first man and woman.

In retrospect, this was not his brightest idea... :smirk:

Something happened that night, magic was scattered, dimmed.

The lives of the animals turned upside down as many shrank to critter size as they lost their powers or became dumb brutes.

Coyote fled and was imprisoned on an island hidden in mist off the coast of what is now Washington state

The legend goes on to state that someday the trickster god would escape his prison and turn the world upside down again, presumably bringing magic back in full force and bringing the animals to promenance one more.

Funny, the version I had read years ago mentioned the time of his return was calculated as sometime early this century... ;)

Well you see a long, long time ago the earth was ruled by dinosaurs. They were big so not a lot of people or Ponies went around hassling them. Then something happened, a giant meteorite struck the earth. Goodbye dinosaurs! But... what if the dinosaurs weren't all destroyed? What if the impact of that meteorite created a parallel dimension where dinosaurs and various other creatures continued to thrive and evolve into civilized beings just like us? What if dinosaurs evolved into Dragons and the equine mammals developed advanced brains that allowed for the manipulation of the world around them. And hey, what if they found a way back?

Well they did, in the original MLP they worked with humans many times. Soon after communing with the humans in the original series, the monarchy is taken over by the evil King; King Koquine Discord; sought to overtake the human world by merging the two. He then stole a precious gem known as the Merge Stone, a piece of the original meteorite that split the world, and reunited the two dimensions and the resulting chaos killed all the humans. After the human massacre, the ponies revolted and a revolution began to overthrow the evil king and put the rightful airs to the thrown, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, back into power and he was defeated by Celestia and Luna with the power of the Elements of Harmony.

Celestia and Luna were victorious and harmony returned to the land, but nothing could wipe the memories of the massacre from the civilian minds. Never the less, they adopted some of the human design elements into their modern world which is why you see them today.

And that's how Pinkie Pie earned her Cutie Mark. (Updated for Season 2)