Moon River [Final]

Chocoswirl

35j02uw.jpg

(Digital art by moi.)

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Moon River (Prefers to be called River.)

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: A [colour=#1b4f15]forest green colour[/colour]. [#1B4F15]

Coat colour: A [colour=#4ac0f2]pale blue colour[/colour]. [#4AC0F2]

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: River has a long and flowing [colour=#d35d2e]ginger colored[/colour] mane and tail. [#D35D2E] Nothing too special, which is just how she likes it.

Physique: River is a skinny and slender mare.

Cutie Mark: River’s cutie mark is a lighthouse, with a bright full moon behind it. The lighthouse is a metaphor, as she explains how she wants to make friends with them. More info about this can be found in the cutie mark story. Basically, she loves making friends, and is pursuing a dream to make as many friends as she can, as she doesn't want others to feel alone. The moon represents her love for the night sky.

Origin/Residence: River lives in a small town just near Garden Gait. However, with the help of friends, she also bought a secondary house in Baltimare during vacations, right near a lighthouse. She spends all of her vacation time in this secondary house, but when she has to, she'll return to her place in Garden Gait.

Occupation: River works as a teacher at a local school in Garden Gait. She often stargazes as well.

Motivation: River one day hopes to visit the moon, and she loves making new friends each day. She doesn’t want others to feel alone, so she wants to make as many as she could.

Likes: Lighthouses, the moon, stars, making friends, rabbits, origami rabbits, and her husband Rocket. She also somewhat likes pickled olives. She also enjoys listening to her husband play the piano for her, especially a song her wrote for her.

Dislikes: Roadkill, forgetful ponies, lies, being alone, seeing other ponies feel alone.

Character Summary:

River’s Foalhood

Moon River, or River, as she likes to be called, was born in a small house just outside of Garden Gait. Her parents loved and cared for her very much. She was a very quiet and small filly. She never talked much to other ponies, and she was often teased in school for the “River” part of her name, saying that it made them want to go to the washroom and other horrible things. She never really liked her name much for the bad things they said, but often tried to shrug it off. This also affected her a bit, making her withdrawn and a tiny bit shy towards others as a filly.

Every year, her parents would take her to the local carnival near Canterlot. She wasn’t a fan of the large crowds and bright lights at night. One year, she decided to sneak away from her parents for a little while, to find a quiet place where she could seek solace. Evading all the noises and lights, she made her way to a more quiet area just outside the carnival. Curious, she ventured further into the forest-like area. There were small rivers, lots of grass, plants, and flowers. After jumping over small rocks to cross a river, she found herself at a small cliff. There was a fallen long and a tree right behind it. She took a seat on the log, and looked up, only to see one of the most beautiful things she had ever seen in her entire life.

The moon.

The stars were also quite beautiful. The quietness and the elegance of it all made her feel calm, and happy. She found out many things by looking at the night sky. One being how to make shapes and constellations out of the stars in the sky. Her favorite constellation was a rabbit. The moon was its belly, while the stars around it could be formed to make the rest of the body. After a while of resting there, her parents called for her, and every year, she visited that same spot. Just 3 years after she found that spot, she was surprised to find something in her spot. Somepony. To be exact. She came only to find a young colt, about her age, sitting at the spot where she had visited every year, gazing at the beautiful speckled night sky. She was withdrawn as usual, and attempted to run, but the young colt managed to get her to break out of her shell a bit, and join her. The two spoke about their thoughts on the night sky together. She noticed that they had a lot in common. Both of them were a bit insecure of themselves, but they thought greatly of one another. They also didn’t like large crowds, which is how the young colt, known as Rocket, came to be at her spot. Though they had some things in common, they also thought a bit differently. The colt often wanted to be different from others, and wanted to stand out. While River wanted to be like the others, not wanting to be teased and picked on so much. She also told him how to make the rabbit constellation.

Rocket had asked her what she thought that those stars up there really were. Her following answer, and the last of the conversation, led to her cutie mark.

“I’ve never told anyone….but, I’ve always thought they were lighthouses. Billions of lighthouses…stuck at the far end of the sky…They shine their lights at the other lighthouses, and at me.”

“Wow, it must be so lively up there.”

“But it isn’t. They can see all the other lighthouses out there, and they want to talk to them. But they can’t, because they’re all too far apart to hear what the others are saying. All they can do…is shine their lights from afar…So that’s what they do. They shine their lights at the other lighthouses, and at me.”

“Why you?”

“Because one day……I’m going to befriend one of them.”

Changing the topic, River asked her friend what he had in his saddlebag, as he appeared to be wearing one when they were talking. He explained to her that it was a prize he won from one of the carnival games. River tried to win at the game the first time she had visited the carnival, but she was far too clumsy and failed to do so. The prize Rocket had won was a stuffed platypus doll. River took great interest in it, and before she knew it, the colt’s mother was calling for him. In an instant, he offered it to her to keep. The two planned on meeting up again at the same spot next year, as the colt recommended.

“What if you forget…or get lost?”

“Then we can always regroup on the moon, silly! Right on the rabbit’s tummy!”

It was then that the smiling Rocket ran off to join his mother, and the blue unicorn held onto her new toy. Smiling, she finally had a friend. It was an amazing feeling to make a new friend, and she wanted to do the same with lots of other ponies, and of course, the lighthouses in the sky. It was then, that her cutie mark came to find its place on her flank. River didn’t notice at first, but when she returned to her parents, they were delighted. Ignoring their questions of why there was a lighthouse and moon, she silently cheered, impatient for next year.

River's strange cutie mark represents her her love for making friends, and her love for the night sky. River always wants to make more friends, and she does a rather good job at doing that when she puts effort into it. The lighthouse represents just that, as she explained as a foal of how she always thought the stars were lighthouses, and that she wanted to make friends with them. The moon shows just how much she loves the calm night sky, and making constellations. The moon itself, as told before, is a huge part of her favorite constellation. A rabbit.

Like Rocket said, the two foals met up again at the same spot at the same time. They continued to converse with each other, and made even more constellations together. They planned for this to be a recurring thing, but next year…he never showed up. River was devastated, and felt a bit lonely afterwards, leaving only her and the platypus doll to enjoy the sight of the moon together. Though, her pain ended eventually, when she made her way into upper grade school, where she found him once again. She was a bit sorrowful, when she realized that Rocket had not remembered her. Though, she still managed to make friends with him yet again when he asked her out on a date. Soon enough, the two fell in love with one another.

River found herself marrying the stallion at an abandoned lighthouse near a river mouth in Baltimare. The two soon decided to build a house near the lighthouse, even though they had already planned on living in Garden Gait. But they soon came to the conclusion that the house in Baltimare would be somewhat like a summer house. River was ecstatic when the stallion mentioned living near the lighthouse! The lighthouse wouldn't be alone! It would always be nearby, and she would always be able to visit it when she was there! The lighthouse then went by the name Anya from then on, and River lives quite peacefully with her husband Rocket to this day.

Because of her husband, River’s attitude is quite different from her foalhood self, but she still shares similarities with her past self as well. River is a fairly good mannered and natured unicorn mare, always trying to be kind when she can. She is a bit quiet, but isn’t very shy. However, around extremely close ones, she may be talkative from time to time. The unicorn often likes relaxing peacefully near the lighthouse, but also occasionally likes traveling to various places with her beloved. She can be a bit distant at times, and often finds herself daydreaming. Not about anything in particular, but often finds herself drifting off into nothingness for short periods of time. She also enjoys reading as a pastime, and loves the outdoors. River also loves to make origami rabbits with her hooves. She’ll sometimes use her magic to fold the paper, but she feels more at ease using her own bare hooves. River can also be a klutz at times, dropping things, ripping papers, or breaking things. She also isn’t very open towards others at times, despite wanting to make friends. Sometimes she’ll even be a bit distant from her husband, but she still loves him. It’s often hard to read her, and she doesn’t enjoy too much noise. River also finds pickled olives to have a peculiar taste, to which she enjoys them, but not as much as her husband enjoys them. She also loves hearing her husband play the piano for her. She especially loves hearing Rocket play a song for her that he wrote especially for her, called "To The Moon", based on her dream to one day visit said place.

As a foal, River was taught magic by her parents. She also went to special classes at her school, which exclusively taught magic to unicorns, and to help them improve on spellcasting and such. River was very clumsy, and often didn't do well as magic. However, with some improving over the years, and lots of studying to satisfy her parents, she eventually became rather good with her magic, although not the best. She often spends her time reading spells that involve changing the colors of things, and how to carefully assemble things, as Rocket often encouraged her to improve her magic more, and use it more often for her origami folding. River wanted to learn more about colour changing, so she could colour some of her paper rabbits different colors, with most of them being colors reflecting the night sky.

A picture of River and Rocket the first night they met, at their favorite spot near the carnival.

2gwch2h.jpg

(Rocket's app will made later on by another RPer. :) )

Hello. Your friendly neighborhood Helpstaff, Lux here!

I love how your character has so much imagination regarding finding constellations and how she met her husband.

Now I'm a little confused about her coice as to where to live. Arrording to this official map: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/4229-the-foothills-ge-east/ it looks like Garden Gait is right next to hitetail Woods rather than a seaport. Lighthouses are built by seaports to keep ships from treacherous coastlines so it wouldn't be by a river. Noe there are several towns that are by the seaside like Baltimare, Fillydelphia, Hoofington, and Manehattan depending on ow big a place your character wishes to live in.

Next, I'm a bit confused about what her talent is in regards to her cutie mark. you say it's a moon and a lighthouse. Now I get that she likes stars and the moon, but what is her talent with them? Can she detect constellations or is a good astronomer? Maybe instead of something star related it's oragami.

Next, what is her magical ability? Unicorns often have their magic tied to their talent, but not always. So I'd try to work her magic there with that.

You're off to a good start with an interesting character!

The lighthouse is basically like a metaphor. As she wants to make friends with the lighthouses, she also loves making friends with others. Cutie marks can also have elements that are based on a passion, from what I hear too. However, I can change it if it needs to be changed.

I read online that lighthouses can also be found near river mouths, where a river and another body of water, or another river meet. (I hope those facts were right! :-| ) Judging from the map, I can see a river right near Garden Gait...or is that something else? If it's too complicated though, I'll try and change it up.

I'll also get to work on the magic! :)

The lighthouse is basically like a metaphor. As she wants to make friends with the lighthouses, she also loves making friends with others. Cutie marks can also have elements that are based on a passion, from what I hear too. However, I can change it if it needs to be changed.

I read online that lighthouses can also be found near river mouths, where a river and another body of water, or another river meet. Judging from the map, I can see a river right near Garden Gait...or is that something else? If it's too complicated though, I'll try and change it up.

I'll also get to work on ze magicks! :)

I fixed that for you! :D

Must... not.... read..... app.... yet! :scream:

Well, It can be at the mouth of a river, providing it's big enough and near a lake or ocean. I'd think that arewon't have a lighthouse.

And you don't have change your mark, just explain it more!