Legends of the Pony Pirates! OOC discussion [open]

Talex

I know that's the typical thing, but I've seen it done the other way around :?: So I just figured I'd ask ;) I'm not trying to be demanding, just asking a few questions :D

I know that's the typical thing, but I've seen it done the other way around :?: So I just figured I'd ask ;) I'm not trying to be demanding, just asking a few questions :D

alright, there it is, all nice and edited :)

Here are some quick sketches i did so if you guys want to know what he looks like (i forgot the jolly roger on his flank :I )

hjMEt.jpg

i may have fudged up in my post, im not 100% on what the story is so far since its a pain for me to read long posts. if some one wouldn't mind help catching me up? XD

also, if any one has read my post i changed the last bit so he is running at BlackMane and Sleek, sorry i tend to do a lot of editing if im not 100% satisfied with my post

There isn't much of a story as of yet, we are all just headed for Colt's Cove, but I can tell you what everypony is doing as far as I know.

Red: Red is leading his brave boys into battle against Blackmane....

They lost and are now being captured....yeah..

Also, Clear(Dusk's character) is at the mercy of Captain Blackmane(who I will be sure to blow up at some point with Voodoo black magic.)

Harla is relaxing with Cloud now...because they are a thing apparently, I expect hilarious betrayal in the near future.

Meanwhile, the brave/foolhardy captain SoulFlare and his two side kicks are making their grand entrance onto the three way brawl going on at Blackmane's ship.

MEANWHILE: The brave and handsome Captain Wood Wing is currently sailing down to [colour=#282828]Allegro's ship to compliment her on her music. Seriously. [/colour]

Thanks, Blue! C: I tried ^^ Haha.. That was a beautimous summary. It's funny.. Originally I only made up Red Stripe for some comic relief in my first post, but he really developed as a character FAST and now has more of a goal than Harla. o//o Lol.

Those sketches are ROCKING as always, Char! =D

Forewarning: I LOVE CANONS AND BLACK POWDER GUNS.

Ahem, now.

Name: Red Sails

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Left eye green, right eye blue

Coat colour: Light brown

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: messy mane and tail, red with singed tips

(General appearance): Muttonstache, look it up, also covered in 20-25 slash and stab scars, all over his body

(Cutiemark): A match being struck

(Ship Description): Warrior class ironclad, minus the iron.

Guns:

26 muzzle-loading 68-pounder guns

10 RBL 7 inch Armstrong guns

4 RBL 40 pounder Armstrong guns

So you could say, armed to the teeth :3

(Weapons/Fighting style): Carries 5-10 Matchlocks at all times, refuses to use a sword unless all his guns are mpty and he has no time to reload, in which case he has a sabre

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Simply the love of canon fire and gunshots.

(History): Born in Stalliongrad, he lived a quiet life around guns constantly, building canons. He always loved them and tested them as much as possible. One day, he managed to blast the mayors house to smithereens and fled from authorities. He changed his name and signed as a privateer for the royal navy and was given his first ship, a corvette. He eventually worked his way up to his pride and joy, the E.R.S. Sobraine and so his journey continues, sinking ships for money.

(Personality): Dangerously obsessed with guns, wreckless, will do anything for a fight, relies on his absurd firepower to win fights.

This took far longer than it had any right to.

Name: Roaring Flame. Prefers to go simply by “Flame” when not addressed formally

Sex: Stallion

Age: Edging on elder (human equivalent: 36. Remember, back in the 17th century, life expectancy was only about 50s for the people that survived childhood)

Species: Unicorn

Eye colour: His eyes are a dark brown

Coat colour: A faded fire-red colour.

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: His mane and tail are a smoky gray. They are very short and unkempt, like frayed rope.

General appearance: He is a large stallion, but his age is clearly showing, with wrinkles starting to appear on his face and his muscles not as well defined as they were before. Scars mar his body, but the most prominent one is on his back-left leg, causing him to limp.

Cutie Mark: A ball of fire with a trail behind it, almost like a meteor.

Ship description: His current ship, the Eternal Flame, looks like a normal merchant ship with two masts, but the sides have hidden opening for cannons to be rolled into. The figurehead is a large shark mouth, which houses the largest cannon on the ship.

Weapons/Fighting style: Flame is proficient in many styles of fighting, but in his old age he prefers to fight from a distance, either shooting small blasts of fire, or shooting a flintlock from a bandolier of the pistols to pick off anyone who would fight him before they get to him. Should anyone actually get in melee range of him, he can ignite the air around him like a shield. He is not immune to his own flames and heat; he will get overheated and exhausted after a while (he can usually last about 10 seconds before becoming too exhausted to continue fighting, 20 seconds before completely passing out). In a large melee, he prefers playing the “third dog,” finishing off foes after they have weakened each other.

Lifelong dream as a pirate: He already has accomplished his goal of becoming wealthy. All he wants now is to leave a lasting impression. One legend would speak of for ages to come.

History: Ever since he was but a foal, Flame had wanted to sail to the New World. However, his parents insisted it was too dangerous, especially for a colt, and made him stay. Any free time he had, he would pretend he was a sailor, climbing “masts” and rescuing “damsels” in his back yard. When his parents discouraged him doing that, he kept doing it anyway when they weren’t looking.

Years went by, and Flame experienced just about everything on his road to infamy: Starting a mutiny, becoming a captain, being mutinied against, burying treasure, finding buried treasure, raiding cities, being jailed, escaping jail, the list goes on. There probably isn’t anything Flame hasn’t done.

In the more recent years, he has begun to find the thrill of the seas less thrilling then he had. But before he completely gives up his life of piracy, he has one last thing he wants to do. One last thing that will launch him from simply infamous to a legend.

Personality: Flame tries to be methodical and patient, thinking things out before acting, but he has moments of complete recklessness. Most of his crew look to him almost like a father.

• Like 1

I approve both your characters ^^ Two very nice, interesting fellows I might say! Should be fun to see them in action! :D

I'm a bit scrunched for time right now, but I'll reply to the rp latter on today, once my classes let out (10:45 eastern, so sometime after that). So much actiony action! XD I'm loving it!

@Thebluemage: I am confused o.o I just wanted to make another character XD Black Mane ain't goin down yet >:3 (at least as far as I know, depends on how future fights play out 0.o)

Ah derp, can't believe I Didn't see this, You said "in the sea" and I have a Cloudship and whatnot so I assumed I was out of the list of possible choices.

Also, sweet sketch Char!

Those really do look fantastic, chardude! I can't tell if that's Black Mane next to Black Powder in the first one though. Is it? :3 Because if it is, he looks really cool! :D

@Thebluemage umm yeah, cloud ships wouldn't work out for this guy :blush: he'd sorta fall through... but I don't think I'm even going to play him anymore... I've thought of somepony better >:3 I just have to decide if I want to play as her or not.

^ I laughed

Okay, two things. One; you guys who were talking about making some more character apps should do so. They don't have to be complex, just a basic one is fine. If you're going to be playing a character that is significant enough to have their own post, then they should probably have their own app. And two; remember that second character I mentioned earlier? Well here she is.

_

Name: Shimmers (my names are so original, right? :razz:)

Sex: Female

Species: SEA PONY! :U

Eye colour: Pink, they look distant like they're from another world, or from your dreams

Coat colour: Moonlight silver and looks white in direct sunlight

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Her mane is a slightly lighter shade of pink than her eyes, and is long, strait, silky and it curls at the end. It's completely resistant to the salt of the ocean. She has no tail, being a seapony, and her scales are a darker silver than the rest of her coat.

(General appearance): The most beautiful and sexy mare you've ever seen. Her scales sparkle in the moonlight and her pink eyes reflect a light of passion. Her mane is luscious and her tail is charming. Everything about her is lovely and attractive

(Cutiemark): Her cutiemark is a large, golden heart. The heart symbolizes her talent for charming others. The gold symbolizes her love for shiny things.

(Ship description): The sea is her ship, and her ship is the sea~

(Weapons/Fighting style): While she does not fight, her singing can be seen as a weapon. Her voice can be extremely soothing, seductive, or mysterious. It all depends on the song she sings. It fits the siren's legend; being able to put others under a sort of trance like sleep. The scary part is that none of this is magic, it's just her natural talent. (Speaking of magic, seaponies do posses some special skills which can be seen as their "magic" I think there's more of a description on the playable species list somewhere on this site,) She relies on attraction and seduction to make things go her way. If she were to get caught, she would just turn on her sexy charms. This may or may not always work, depending on her captor. But typically the crew responds favorably. Because of this, she sometimes gets caught on purpose.

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Her life long dream is to collect as many sparkling bits as possible! She keeps them in various places under the sea, which some pirates mistake for sunken treasure.

(History): She's only just started, but she already fits the lore of a seamare, and a siren of the seas almost perfectly. Some pirates fear the legend, while others try going after it.

(Personality): She isn't always trying to be charming, but when she is, she's extremely good at it. She'll try to sweet talk you into almost anything. She can be seen as the mare of your dreams to some, while others might be able to see through the charm and detect the danger. Shimmers isn't after anyponies life, but that doesn't mean she's not a threat. She's also bi, being interested in both mares and stallions.

(Likes): SHINY THINGS!!! :U Wether it be the bits in your treasure chest, or the steel at the tip of your sword; things that sparkle are always of interest to shimmers.

(Dislikes): Being out of the water too long. Like all seaponies, her skin is sensitive when out of water for extended periods of time, so being kept from it annoys her.

Link to the seapony description

_

Let me know what you guys think of this character because I sort of feel like I'm cheating. I make a character, and in my eyes they're ready to be approved. Let me know if there's anything I should change or if she's fine as she is. On a side note, I haven't replied to the rp because I need to get in the mood to do so. Black Mane is in a fighting mood and I just heven't been feeling that lately. I worry the post would seem empty. :razz: I'll reply as soon as I feel like I can post what I want to properly. Shouldn't take long ^^