Legends of the Pony Pirates! RolePlay [open]

Talex

"It would be worth more gold and gems then Celestia has in her castle and you don't deserve to touch it!"

"BWAHAHA!!! Miss, you be talking to a captain of a pirate ship! Deserve ain't be in our speech!!!" He said the last line angrily then continued on with a mocking tone of voice. His eyes drifted back to the rifle in his hooves. "But if this gun be worth as much as ye say, Sleek Wind... then maybe it shouldn't be sold at all!" He saw Sleek Wind breath a sigh of relief. "No, no, no... If it's worth so much, then nopony should have it don't ya think? It should belong to the sea!" He snarled the last few words, and watched the look of horror that swept across Sleek's face. Black Mane had no intention of throwing the gun overboard, but this little filly didn't know that. With the last statement, he tossed the gun her way and let it slid right in front of her, just out of reach. He laughed and turned towards his cabin.

No, the ship was too quiet...

He looked around to see three invaders climb up the side of his ship. Some of his crew had already started moving to "welcome" them aboard which caused the silence on the main deck. A few growls could be heard here and there, along with, what was that? a moan? Black Mane's crew was getting weary after the third fight (including the raid from the beginning of the rp that I mentioned). Yar.. I thought we be outta this mess as soon as we left the fog! oh well... three little barnacles on the side of me ship shouldn't be a problem... He smirked at his own thoughts and called out: "Ahoy there! What do you think ye be doin climbin aboard me ship!?" His scimitar was still sheathed, and he looked at what appeared to be the leader with an icy leer.

• Like 1

Black Powder and his crew sailed along the sea's Unsure of there destination. that was the joy of the sea. Not knowing, the open freedom, but you must always be wary for what lies in the briny deep. A fog had rolled in and viability was at its minimalist. They sailed until they saw a number of boats all around another.[colour=#3366FF] [/colour][colour=#000080]"Oh, and what be goin' on here?"[/colour] he stated out loud. [colour=#000080]"looks like a good old free-for-all!"[/colour] Black Powder was a sucker for a good brawl, even one of this scale. [colour=#000080]"Turn the ship around! We'll fire the cannons at a distance while the [/colour][colour=#000080]pegasi fly over!"[/colour] -[colour=#DAA520]"But Caption!"[/colour] started his first mate. [colour=#DAA520]"the odds of any one coming back from a battle of that size is-"[/colour] Black cut him off, [colour=#000080]"ALMOST NONE! that's the thrill mah boy!"[/colour] by now the ship was turned and the cannons where loaded.[colour=#000080] "Wait until we land before firing, don't need any of are own gettin' harmed."[/colour] -[colour=#DAA520]"Aye, caption!" [/colour]With that Black Powder and another dozen Pegasi dashed onto the boat.

Upon landing Black had stabbed a deck hand. he looked up with a sly smile at the other caption, Black Mane[colour=#282828].[/colour] [colour=#000080]"Ello thar, I am caption Black Powder and this!"[/colour] the sound of cannon ball struck the ships as his pegasi crew members rained down with a mighty battle cry and beginning to fight the other ponies, [colour=#000080]"IS MY CREW!!!"[/colour] He exclaimed with a hearty laugh before running into a random battle on Black Manes boat. [colour=#000080]"TEME[/colour][colour=#000080] IL MARE!!!" [/colour]Fear the sea.

• Like 1

Soul flare looked around [colour=#b22222]"just climb over the side you said, lets not go jumping in like a bunch of idiotic barbarians. Nice going Percival"[/colour] he growled under his breath, he stared down black mane for moment, ignoring the griffin rolling his eyes. he sat down casually "Well hello, your the captain of this fine vessel i'm guessing?" soul asked with his best business voice. [colour=#b22222]"I was intreagued by you and your crew. you seem tough, I wanted to meet you personally." [/colour]he gave a passing glance in sleek's direction, a little light going off in his eyes, he knew what he wanted to take from this ship, saving a damsel in a showy fashion was a wonderful adventure.

Soul Flare's tail casually swished, gently brushing against his companions. to anyone else it would probably seem like just a natural pony movement, but it was a signal the message his two friends to be ready to move.

Pierce shifted, he had a crossbow mounted to his wrist and a satchel/quiver of arrows on his hip opposite of it. He glanced over to Zo who had he small saddle bags strapped to him, ready to act at Soul's signal.

[colour=#b22222]"you got out of that battle in quite the flashy style, although it was just flashy, not enough show for me. needed more substance. Although you might have gained a new rival, and that's good in my book. wouldn't you agree?"[/colour] he asked Black Mane with a smirk [colour=#b22222]"everyone loves a good challenge."[/colour]

Sleek fealt herself about to die, her precious gun sent to the depths? She might aswell have killed herself there and then. "Please cap'n... don't toss it overboard!" with that he tossed the gun at her hooves, as the gun landed infront of her she reached out with her back hooves and buried it protectivly in her body. Like a mother would a baby "Thank you mr. Blackmane... I won't forget this" she sais as he walks over to the new intruders 'three of them only!?' she thinks as she inspects the trio 'are they asking to die?' she is then shot a look by one of them. Where they here to rescue her? Great... just what she needed... to look weak. But this may be her only chance. She extended her hoofs as much as she could to show she was tied, hoping he would get the memo to set her free. As she breathed in she fealt a sharp pain in her chest, she really needed medical atention... she was going to end up piercing a lung or something, every time she breathed she could fealt like she was taking a bullet to the stomach. "Hey Blackmane!" She called recieving more pain "How about a doctor? You don't want to kill a defence mare do you?" she asked, it was good to know what a pirates standards where, pluss she could let her potential resuers know she was hurt "My ribs arent going to heal themselves!"

"ARMSTRONGS LEFT!" Red shouts across the deck, his Russian accent barely noticeable while yelling, straightening his gunman hat. The massive guns were turned and pushed across the deck, lining the left side. He again opened his spyglass and watched the small ship, branded the 'Reaper' on the horizon. "Time to scare the hide off these ones!" The Armstrongs were dialed back and lined up. "Lined!?" He calls to the response of a resounding 'AYE!'. "FIRE!!!" He roars out, thrusting his cutlass out. The guns tear into the sky, sailing off in the direction of the spec on the horizon. The massive balls of lead poured from the sky with a horrifying whistle, plunging into the water all around it. "YOU MISSED, YOU IDIOTS! RELOAD!!!" He yells across the deck. The ponies scurry to feed their canons, ignoring everything else.

(Sorry about taking so long, but I had a lot on my plate. Now The HMS Alicorn is ready and at your service.)

After a long delayed launch, the HMS Alicorn was finally patched up and resupplied after ending the reign of terror of Captain Powder Keg off the Equestrian coast. It had been a hard battle, but the staunch ponies of the Equestrian Navy had won out, mostly due to the brilliant tactics and unflinching will of the Ship Master, True Majesty. After such a battle though the ship had needed repairs, but it was now once again flying across the waves in search of pirates. Supposedly a legal pirate in the area by the name of Black Mane would meet them at Colt's Cove, and direct them to the hideout of the dreaded Captain Roaring Flame, a pirate who had evaded the navy for too long without facing the gallows.

The Alicorn glided through the waves at a speed only possible thanks to its magical imbued sails and the fact it was made out of whispering oak, a rare tree known for its lightness. A mix of seamen and soldiers patrolled the decks. Thanks to its status, the ship always carried some professional soldiers aboard to support the seamen. Armed with muskets and bayonets, the troops were the best defence against boarders. At the back of a ship a pony manned the helm, and stood behind him was First Mate Royal Range along with Captain True Majesty himself. Both were dressed in the white uniform of the Equestrian Navy, but there was no question who was in charge, as gold medals and a flamboyant hat graced True Majesty.

The unicorn captain stood and looked down upon his crew who rushed around to help maintain the speed. His rich golden fur blew with the breeze and his deep blue eyes penetrated all those he gazed upon. Royal Range coughed politely and the captain turned to him. Royal Range brought his vivid green orbs to meet the captains.[colour=#00ffff] "Sir, the headwind will only take us so far. Colt's Cove is due North. We're going to have to..."[/colour] he began, waving one of his pale blue hooves as he spoke.

A sudden voice interrupted his speech.[colour=#ff0000] "Captain! There's a naval battle going on up ahead! I see.... Pirates! And one of the ships looks like Black Mane's. Sir! Our informant is being attacked by a flotilla of pirate ships! Due North-West."[/colour]

True Majesty nodded once as he heard the news. As much as he'd love to let another pirate fall prey to their own kind, this particular one had vital information that would help bring one of the greatest criminals to sail the sea to justice. He turned to Royal and said,[colour=#daa520] "Order the ponies to prepare for combat."[/colour]

Royal Range nodded, cleared his throat, and bellowed with his strong earth pony lungs, [colour=#00ffff]"Set sail to half-sail! Open up the gunwales! Load the cannons! Prepare the muskets! We're entering a fight between a legal pirate, and some buccaneers. Stay sharp, and make sure to stay in control!" [/colour]The troops instantly obeyed as they galloped around the ship to carry out the orders. The helmspony in front turned them North-West, and they bore straight towards the besieged ship.

As they grew closer, Royal lifted up a magically enhanced loud hailer and bellowed into it. [colour=#00ffff]"All enemies of the Sovereign Nation of Equestria are ordered to surrender immediately or face summary execution!"[/colour]

(The Alicorn arrives on scene and we meet Captain True Majesty, and First Mate Royal Range. We then learn of their alliance with Black Mane, and the Alicorn sails over to help Black Mane defend his ship from being attacked on both sides.)

((eh, long post. So much to go over.))

"My ribs aren't going to heal themselves!

"Aye, but they didn't break themselves either! You'll live until we reach port." Black Mane retorted to Sleek Wind without looking her way. He was still staring down the three enemies. "Flashy...? I'll show ye Flashy!" As he was speaking, he reached into his coat and pulled out a heavy looking sphere of black metal. He ignited the fuse and threw the bomb at the end of his sentence. It went high over Soul's head and the three looked confused. But Black Mane had done what he had wanted to and gave them a smirk. After a few heartbeats, you could hear a distinctive crunch coming from over the side of the ship followed by a loud bang and the sound of wood splintering. The bomb had landed somewhere on the ship that the three invaders climbed from.

"Bwahaha! You've got no where to run, ye foals!!!" Black Mane thought he had just bagged three more prisoners when he heard a sharp whistling sound coming from above. One of his deck hands shrieked as he was impaled by a pegasus, and a canon ball landed squarely in the middle of his deck, imbedding half of itself in the wood.

[colour=#000080]"Ello thar, I am caption Black Powder and this!"[/colour] [colour=#000080]"IS MY CREW!!!"[/colour]

Black Mane's mouth opened in shock, which quickly turned to rage, as he saw the wave of fresh pegasi, ready for battle, land upon his ship and strike at his now weary crew. Arrrrghh!! This be going on for too long.... me scallywags have their limits too... he thought to himself. Hmm... those three are starting to pose a threat now, with all these opponents, they could easily make a move. He was looking at Soul's group. But Black Mane couldn't surrender, not on HIS ship. He would fight till his fuse burned out if need be.

"ARGH! Welcome aboard, Black Powder!" He spat out the name, and reached into his coat to pull out two hoof-fulls of small, cherry bombs. The fuses already lit. "Have a blast!" He smirked and tossed the small explosives all around, scattering them and letting them burst into small, smokey flashes that would make any pony think twice before putting a hoof down. In the corner of his eye he saw another, rather large ship approaching. No, not anymore. My crew can't take this!!! He thought in frustration. When really, that ship belonged to the navy who was coming to his aid.

[colour=#00ffff]"All enemies of the Sovereign Nation of Equestria are ordered to surrender immediately or face summary execution!" [/colour]

"Yar!? Is that?" He looked closer at the ship, and saw the sail flowing in the ocean gale. "YARHAR!! It Is! So the navy dogs turned out to be useful for once! Look at that ye salt lickers!" Black Mane beamed at the reinforcements. Even if it was the navy, his contract would protect him and his crew from any punishment. And more importantly, guarantee that these soldiers were on his side in the fight! Black Mane scattered more bombs as the ship came within boarding range, and laughed heatedly into the sea air. The fight kept on, but his safety, and possibly his victory, was assured.

((Is it bad that I actually felt relieved when I saw your post, Cainaim? I guess I'm getting too attached to this.))

(Hehe..RS is attacking RS.. XD Also, welcome Cainaim! ^^)

Red stopped dead in his tracks, shoulders raised. He KNEW the sound well, but didn't want to believe it. [colour=#ff0000]Celestia help me[/colour][colour=#ff0000].. Not another fight, not now.. [/colour]Luckily, the ship seemed to be at a distance. [colour=#ff0000]"Sleek!" [/colour]He yelled up at the crow's nest, only to remember that his new friend had been taken. Somberly but with haste, he crawled up there himself to find out who it was attacking. [colour=#ff0000]"Red Sails.."[/colour] He spat a spit which caught wind, flying straight back his direction. He quickly dodged and watched it fly down, hitting a deckhand.[colour=#ff8c00] [/colour][colour=#800080]"GROSS!!" [/colour]He couldn't help but chuckle a bit, clearing his mind to get to thinking. Although Red Stripe had never fought Red Sails before, he had heard stories of the ongoing legend. Sails and his crew sounded like a rough fight anyways, and would be especially difficult considering all of the damage recently done to the ship, the crew being weakened from the last fight, and the lack of Harla.. Or, more so the damage recently done to the ship and crew. [colour=#ff0000]"We can't afford this.. Not now.." [/colour]He quickly hurried back down on deck. [colour=#ff0000]Slim! Hoist the white flag!"[/colour] Red remembered that he had sent for Slim to go find somepony to help patch up the ship. [colour=#ff0000]"Son of a biscuit eater.."[/colour] he mumbled underneath his breath. Red had the victim of his spit shower ready the flag. [colour=#ff0000]"Somepony else, climb the crow's nest!" I don't think we Slim'll be back till after this battle because StarStorm says so at which point the Reaper will set sail again for a bit..[/colour]

Black Powder coughed as the smoke enveloped him, then remembered a very simple detail about the crew he brought over, they where pegisi, and pegisi have wings! [colour=#000080]"Crew! start yar flappen get this smoke away!"[/colour] And so him and his crew began flapping, pushing the smoke away from the ship. Black grinned in delight. then he heard the sounds of the Alicorn, a ship he once new in his naval days. A look of disgust crossed his face. he wanted nothing to do with the navy. [colour=#000080]"Aye! Caption!" [/colour]Powder called to Black Mane, [colour=#000080]"I have a propitiation for yah! This whole attack was nothing personal, just some hot blood that needed to cooled."[/colour] he sheathed his blade and flew over to mane, encase anything did happen he would have the high ground. [colour=#000080]"I use to be in the navy me self, and i have a score to settle with them,"[/colour] he pointed at his gray left eye, a scar ran over it. [colour=#000080]"if you side with me we could be the most INFAMOUS caption duo EVER!"[/colour] Powder looked around. [colour=#000080]"and judgin by the looks of your ship, you could use my aid more then ever..."[/colour] he gave Mane a cheeky smile, [colour=#000080]"think about it, until then."[/colour] Drawing his sword Powder hollered to his crew. [colour=#000080]"All Right Men! Abandon Ship!!!"[/colour] his crew looked up in confusion. [colour=#000080]"cause where attacking THAT SHIP!!!"[/colour] he pointed over to the Alicorn with his sword. his crew gave a mighty "YAR!!!" before dashing off. Powder stayed on Manes ship.[colour=#000080] "think about my offer caption,"[/colour] Powder started. [colour=#000080]"yer ship be weak... while mine is fresh and strong..."[/colour] Powder pulled his cutless out once more stabbing it into manes deck. [colour=#000080]"whats it going to be?"[/colour]

(OOC: I just remembered that Red Stripe is a brand of beer...I thought I'd share that XD)

The Seventh Lament was slicing through the water like any well kept blade would cleave the limb from an enemy. An appropriate comparison given the ships rather fine slender appearance. Her captain stood triumphantly at the base of the vessels bowsprit looking out over the fast encroaching sea. The day had started off quietly enough, although Allegro was starting to hunger for action. The burst of energy from the chase. The thrill of the kill. Feelings that were starting to seem like a fading memory. Though she and her crew were most certainly not out of practice. She took great care in keeping them in prime shape ready for a fight at any time. Swords, guns, bombs, they could use the lot. In fact she even designated ponies assigned classes. Some of her crew had shown abilities she would consider to be on par with her own and this was a valuable asset to her array of weapons. Allegro would treat her crew and boat in battle like an extension of her own body.

A quiet and almost fearful voice called out from behind her on deck. "You...Um...You wanted to see me Ma'am?" [colour=#000000]Allegro swiveled and made her way down to greet him face to face. She gracefully placed a reassuring hoof on his shoulder to calm the somewhat shaky elderly stallion.[/colour] [colour=#b22222]"Don't be scared master enchanter. I called you out here to take this." [/colour][colour=#000000]Allegro revealed a small blue crystal that seemed to have clouds moving within it. [/colour][colour=#b22222]"It's the last of our weather crystals and I want you to charge it below deck so it's ready for use. The water crystal should be primed and ready from last time?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The master enchanter fumbled around his clothing looking for the water crystal and as he found it he juggled it from hoof to hoof like a bar of soap escaping from ones grip.[/colour] The crystal flew out up and into Allegro's grasp as she snatched it out of the air. [colour=#b22222]"Good, good. Well done. Now go on before you drop that one eh?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Allegro wasn't sure that her attempted humor had met him as he darted off with speed to where he needed to be. She sighed and started to place the water crystal[/colour] into her violin. With a faint crack the stone fit neatly into the base of the instrument and she began to play returning to her position at the bow. The crew was in full swing enjoying her music as they went about their duties with military precision when suddenly a voice rang out from above. The pony on the crows nest shouted down to inform Allegro of the situation. "CAPTAIN! A SQUAD OF FLYERS ARE DESCENDING QUICKLY." The water was now starting to slightly change form and direction beneath the ship as Allegro picked up her pace and her horn started to burst with magic. [colour=#b22222]"Well. Do with it as you would any other day!" [/colour][colour=#000000]The crew turned and trained their rifles and pistols towards the sky. A third voice boomed from the deck. "READY. LEVEL. F.." Just like that the order was cancelled as the pony in the crows nest grabbed hold of a rope and swung down to snatch a wooden speaking horn from the pony giving the order.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]"But Miss! They don't seem to be in attack formation!" [/colour][colour=#000000]Now slightly angered by the constant interruptions Allegro turned to take charge of the situation.[/colour] [colour=#b22222]"What is going on. Who are they..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She plucked out a spy glass and trained it on the group of Pegasi.[/colour] [colour=#b22222]"Hmm. Keep your weapons trained on them. If they try anything appropriate actions is to be taken."[/colour]

Pierce looked over the side of the ship[colour=#006400] "dude, there's a big honkin' cannon ball in the middle of the deck"[/colour] he said sadly.

Soul stood firm, although inside he cursed himself for not catching the ball. "so he's got the navy on his side" he mumbled to himself. if that other crew is gonna handle them this fight seems a little more fair. Soul flare's horn lit up in excitement.

pierce returned to his comrades [colour=#006400]"Soul...i need to misplace my aggression. "[/colour] he told his captain, prompting a nod and a smirk from soul flare who told him"take it out on his crew."

[colour=#b22222]"Zo, you take care of the girl, I'm going to have a quick chat with the my fellow captains."[/colour] he explained getting a nod from them. [colour=#b22222]" all righty then boys~! LETS MAKE A SHOW OF IT!" [/colour]and with that soul magically constructed two floating cutlasses, ready for battle as his crew mates leaped forth to confront black manes crew.

Pierce's first priority was helping Zo reach his target, against a weary crew, a few well placed arrows and zebra kicks had zo near the restrained mare in no time.

Now the griffin just had to worry about the flanks load of angry pirates around him "[colour=#006400]....right"[/colour]

Black Mane looked down at the cutlass in his deck with an unhappy smug. He didn't like the idea of teaming up, especially when he wasn't the one offering. And to make it worse, this pony was inviting him to fight the navy! His employers! ...Even though Black Mane always did treat them like dirt. He was too successful a privateer for them to do anything about it though. And if this pony didn't know his current position, then maybe he could make this work. He looked Powder in the eye with a rival like smirk. (no rhyme intended)

"Aye, my ship be fine!" He lied, "But if you want to go about fighting, then I'll stick with ye until this fuse burns out." Secretly, the fuse he was referring to was how long until he decided to hand him over to the navy. Maybe he wouldn't at all. But only time would tell. He offered a hoof to Black Powder.

He looked over Powder's shoulder to see the fight going about his ship. "Aye! You best stop that if ye knows whats good for ya!" He chucked a bomb strait for Soul's head and the bomb flew fast, it wasn't one of his small cherry bombs either, but rather, a normal explosive that would hurt like hell if it actually hit you. He didn't watch to see if it connected, and was distracted by the zebra that was approaching him... No... She was approaching Sleek Wind!

"Argh! And what do ye think ye be doin!?" He threw another bomb, hard, and strait for her, just like he had done for Soul. He moved slightly so he stood directly between her and his prisoner. He had taken a strange interest in Sleek and her rifle, and wasn't going to let some zebra take prisoner of his prisoner! Not that they have anywhere to go.... He thought to himself, as he remembered how he had damaged their ship, if not destroyed it.

Red throws up a hoof. "CEASE FIRE!!!" He yells out, prompting one of the pegasi to extinguish a fuse. He looks back through the spyglass to see a white cloth rapidly ascending they mast. "Hah! They already surrender!" Red grins menacingly. "4 shares to whoever fells the tree." He coos in an evil tone. All 10 deck canons quickly switch ammunition, the crew yelling as they move. Red continues to snicker through the spyglass. "Oh they are in over their heads." He closes the spyglass and sets it down in the helm. He flies down the stairs and runs up next to the middle gun. "READY!?" He shouts, to a resounding 'AYE!'. He draws his sabre again and points it forward. "FIIIIIRE!!!!!" He screams out, the deafening pounding of the canons rifling out, his uniform waving as the blast wave passes over him. He grins maniacally, holding still as the chain shots swing through the air. only one makes contact, tearing the mast clean in half and sending it into the ocean, flag and all. "UUURA!!!" He hollers, the crew chanting after him. "COME ABOUT! WE'RE GOING TO GIVE 'EM AND ULTIMATUM! NOW, MEN, NOW!!!" He flies bag to the helm as his crew grabs their posts. He rolls the weel all the way to one side as the ship turns to face the Reaper. "FULL SAIL!!!" He calls to the crew, dropping the sails as a gust of wind fills them, bolting the ship towards its target.

Powder grind, pulling his sword from the deck. [colour=#000080]"Perfect! until then, let me help you out here." [/colour]he looked down at sleek,[colour=#000080] "I'm guessin this lass here is your prisoner?"[/colour] He looked at the meek pony clenching a gun for dear life.[colour=#000080] "If you wish, you could have one of yours lock her up on my deck whilst i help you here."[/colour] He looked over at Soul who was duel welding 2 magic cutlasses. Powder hated fighting unicorns, that magic always gave them a leg up, but If he could move fast enough to not give him time to cast...[colour=#000080]"I'll take the unicorn!"[/colour] with that his wings extended and he dashed off towards Soul full speed. Cutlass ready to strike!

((sorry for the relativity short post. i find it kinda hard to come up with 3 paragraphs for me saying "he attacked. so-n-so" ))

Zo halted in his tracks, [colour=#daa520]"Pierce!"[/colour] he called, not having enough time to reach into his saddle bag for the item he needed to avoid getting his head blown off.

Flying on the perpendicular and intercepting the bomb came an odd looking arrow, it set off the explosive, but instead of a large blast of fire and shrapnel, it was foam, suppressing the destructive blast. [colour=#006400]"Okay so maybe those plants of your come in handy, especially as arrow heads"[/colour] pierce called as he lost a few feathers while barley avoiding a blade [colour=#006400]"but your on your own now, i'm a tad busy!".[/colour]

Zo nodded "[colour=#daa520]Thank you my friend, and do not worry, this day will not lead to my end"[/colour]. The zebra looked at the stallion in his way [colour=#daa520]"so i see you like things that end in a blast..."[/colour] he pulled a few small grassy looking spheres out of his bad. [colour=#daa520]"...i'll play your game, and see how long you last"[/colour]

Soul parried the explosive heading his way, letting it explode in the water. [colour=#b22222]"Alright, if you wanna have a little fun fly boy.... lets dance!" [/colour]smiled in delight as he charged Black powder, with his blades at the ready.

(hmm might have been more showy if he shot the bomb and jumped through the blast like boss to attack powder. oh well :razz: ))

As Woo-...err....Cloud Wing's ship soared lower and lower, he began to make out details about the ship, it seemed more like a pirate ship then a musical transport ship...with it's sails and the sheer amount of ponies on deck compared to crates. There was also the small fact that most if not all the ponies on deck were armed with weapons of many sorts...all trained on them. This caused his own men to tense up quite a bit,though he didn't see why, they weren't firing yet.

"Umm..boss?" The Dim looking Yellow Stallion spoke up again..wait a moment....that was his first mate! Of course, Peel! Alright, let's see what this fine gentlecolt has to say,"Should we,ya know, woomp 'em over the head? They are pointing more guns at me alone then I can throw a grape at." He observed with an utterly stupid analogy or something.

[colour=#00ff00]"What? No! Why would we do that?"[/colour] The Captain asked with confusion as they soared ever closer to the apparently heavily armed ship, who would shoot someone down for complimenting them? That was ludacris!

As the pullers fearfully pulled the ship down until it was only about 20..maybe 40 feet above the boat in question, Wood Wing swooped down until he himself was 10 feet above the band(?), his blue eyes casting their kind gaze over the deck, searching for any who might be the leader of this talented, and well armed, ensemble.

Finally spotting a mare who, judging by how the entire crew looked to her for orders, seemed to inspire the same command and respect as he.

Clearing his throat, the cloud masked monster(?) spoke to the black haired pony[colour=#00ff00]," Good day to you, ma'am." He greeted polity, as there was no reason not to,"I could not but happion to hear your crew's wonderful playing while my boys and I were leaving the scene of a battle and I just wanted to compliment you on it and offer you a safe passage to Colt's Cove, if that is where you are heading of course!"[/colour]

Black rolled though the smoke, pushing it aside while his cutlass connecting with one of Souls blades. he pulled out his flintlock to block the other blade. [colour=#000080]"Ye be in the wrong seas lad!" [/colour]Kicking Soul back he took to the air once more.[colour=#000080]"HAHA! I have the high ground!"[/colour] he aimed his fire arm down at the unicorn, dead in his sights. [colour=#000080]"Say 'Ello to Davy Jones for me!"[/colour] just then, another load of cannon balls hit the ship. [colour=#000080]"Gah! what in the name of Celestia!?"[/colour] He looked back at his ship, remembering his own orders.[colour=#000080] "right, forgot to call them off!"[/colour] he raised his gun into the air and fired. giving his crew the single to stop. he looked back down at soul. [colour=#000080]"Looks like we'll have to do this the old fashion way!"[/colour] he dived back down, not caring about the blades he went in and cut along souls chest, not very deep, but a clean slice non-the-less. he looked up with a smirk before shouldering him back.

Soul Flare placed a hoof to his chest[colour=#b22222] "hmm, nice passion"[/colour] he smirked [colour=#a52a2a]"but your getting ahead of yourself, we're only just getting started"[/colour]. the red unicorn brought the magical blades closer to him, a serious look on his face as he stared down black powder,[colour=#a52a2a] "Now...lets set the stage a blaze under celestia's golden spotlight".[/colour] soul flare once again charged at Powder, his swords dragging along the deck, cutting into it as he dashed forth at full speed. the red unicorn slammed into the pegasus while black powder was still on his level , knocking the pegasus back. soul kept barreling forward rolling his body on the grownd before bringing his blades down towards his foe's wings.

(i'll use my second free hit later)

Black Powder tried to pull his wings in, but he wasn't fast enough as one of his wings where clipped, [colour=#000080]"Gah! Mother Bucker![/colour]" He cried out before kicking Soul away. Ripping the blade out of his wing it dripped with blood as he stood back up [colour=#000080]"Now how am i supposed to get back to my ship!?" [/colour]

Black was at a real disadvantage now. Not only could his opponent us magic, but he was was unable to fly with out being in excruciating pain. [colour=#000080]"You damned scallywag..."[/colour] he ripped the second sword from the deck and tossed it at Souls feet.[colour=#000080] "I may be a pirate, but i am a man of honor... take ye weapon and ready your self[/colour]" he looked at around. trying to find anything that could give him a leg up. then he notice the fine powder that the bombs had left be hind, he smirked in delight. Dashing back at soul he dragged his sword sideways picking up the dust before flinging it into Souls eyes. he jumped back then went for another slice with his cutlass

Soul flare picked up the blade with his magic [colour=#a52a2a]"I can respect that"[/colour]. he prepared to counter Black powders strike but took the dust right to his eyes.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Gah!"[/colour] Soul reeled, rubbing his eyes he kept the blade close by, attempting to block the cutlass. while he was able to avoid having any of his limbs severed, his sword was knocked free of his magic. it made a loud clang, soul flare cursed to himself as he knew how vulnerable he was. The unicorn's horn lit up brighter as he tried to open his eyes and took a shot with a bolt of magic as the blurred figure before him he believed was black powder.

Soul fired a second shot before turning to arm himself , grabbing a fallen sword in his mouth, his vision still blurred but slowly starting to clear as he faced his opponent once more.

[colour=#ff0000]Red Stripe![/colour] (Yes, Harla is coming back later. XD)

[colour=#ff0000]"Are you bloody serious?!"[/colour] Red Stripe's shot skyward, then slapped back down against his hips, staring at the mast with mouth agape. [colour=#ff0000]"Are. You. Serious?!"[/colour] He paced back and forth, shaking his head. [colour=#ff0000]"Are you serious..? Are you BLOODY serious?!"[/colour] [colour=#800080]"..We keep the surrender flag up, Red?"[/colour] the nameless deck hand pegasus chimed in. [colour=#ff0000]"Are you serious, mate?! Just.. Just forget the stupid flag! I can't do this.."[/colour] [colour=#800080]"..Do what, Red?"[/colour] Another cannonball hit the water. [colour=#ff0000]"Mate, I just don't know what to do, okay?!" [/colour]His voice frantically escaped his lips.[colour=#ff0000] "Harla's gonna kill me for letting this happen to her ship, Slim's not trust worthy anyway, and I sent him to go pawn all of our treasure, and Blackmane has Sleek. I can't even retreat, right!"[/colour] Red slapped his face in a hoof, burying it. The purple pegasus placed a wing around Red. [colour=#800080]"Life goes on, Red.."[/colour] Red peeked up.[colour=#ff0000] "How long have those been there? I have an idea!"[/colour] [colour=#800080]"I dunno.. Since I was born..? Why?"[/colour] He gave Red Stripe a puzzled expression.[colour=#ff0000]"Mate, I'd like you to go tell the Red in charge over on the other ship that the Red who's temporarily in charge of this ship says that he can have anything he wants from the ship if he'll just leave us alone. We haven't anything much to give him anyways with Slim out and about with all our bits."[/colour] Red Stripe shuttered. Why did he ever think that was a good idea? Luckily, it came in handy now. He mouthed a thank you to the princess above, suddenly feeling confident.[colour=#800080] "..I can't do that, Red."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"WHY THE HELL NOT?!"[/colour] Red's emotional light switch flipped from cool and confident to anger and fear upon hearing that. ".....I was going to say I'm scared of that Red but suddenly I'm a little more.." He swallowed. [colour=#800080]"Frightened of.. this... one...?" [/colour]Red sighed, cooling the boil in his blood. [colour=#ff0000]"Mate.. I'm sorry. I just got a little scared." Maybe Harla SHOULD be in charge around here..[/colour] [colour=#800080]"..You don't have to do it.. but if you don't.. It's going to take a heck of a lot of explaining to Captain Quinn as to why her ship's such a wreck."[/colour] "Captain Quinn sure does love her ship.. She'd risk her life for it.." He nodded, half grinning.[colour=#800080] "Okay, I'll do it."[/colour] Red took the pistol from the ponies side. [colour=#ff0000]"Go unarmed. If he gives you any trouble, just tell him that he could kill you, but he'd sure be losing his honor real fast." [/colour][colour=#800080]"What?!? Are you TRYING to scare me out of it again?!"[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Mate, think about it! First, the surrender doesn't work. And then..Would he really sloughter a helpless little mare just asking if he wants to come grab all the goods he can from our ship?"[/colour][colour=#800080] "We're really giving him everything we have?" [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"It's better to lose what's inside than any more of the ship itself. And besides, the only thing worth taking right now would be Harla's diary."[/colour] [colour=#800080]"..She's gonna kill you.."[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"He's not gonna find it! She has it in the most secret place she could possibly think of, and nobody knows the location except for I, her trusty first mate."[/colour] Red proudly put a hoof up to his chest.[colour=#800080] [/colour][colour=#800080]"...It's inside of her pillowcase, isn't it?"[/colour] [colour=#ff0000]"Umm.." Is it that obvious? "..Of course not! Now go! Mate, get to it!"[/colour][colour=#800080] "..You know, it's a good thing he hasn't hit us anymore..This has been a pretty long conversation.."[/colour] and with that, the deckhand went off, hoping to get through to him with such an offer as to raid the ship freely, so long as no more damage comes.

Black was able to dodge one of the bolts with s swift jump and flap of his wings to get some extra air. But the second bolt hit him in the shoulder, causing him to lose his balance in the air and land on his back once more. using his wings to give him a boost he rolled back, kicking Soul in the chest. he rolled to the side and yelled at the top of his lungs [colour=#000080]"GAH MY BUCKING WING!!!" [/colour]The extra work out he had just done had completely messed up his left wing. With his wing as it was it was going to make fighting extremely painful, not to mention the bolt he just took to his shoulder.[colour=#000080] "Ye be a good sport..."[/colour] he got in a deference position, [colour=#000080]"Come, show old Black Powder what ye got!" [/colour]If Powder was lucky, his vision was still a little hazy. being blind in one eye himself made there fight a little more far. He looked around, that powder trick wasn't going to work twice, and there was nothing else he could use around him at this time.

Soul sat on his rump rubbing his chest [colour=#b22222]"owie, right in the cut to" [/colour]he said. The unicorn rubbed his eyes again , mumbling under his breath, [colour=#b22222]"come all already clear up already" [/colour]

Soul flare popped back onto his feet, accepting the challenge [colour=#b22222]"Okay Black powder, I'll show you something you won't soon forget"[/colour]. the red unicorn smiled around the cutlass in his mouth, dropping into his stance before charging forth.

(short post :-| )

Black stepped on Souls blade, pinning it and him to the ground,[colour=#000080] "Is that all? a head on assault? I've seen Fillies with more strategy that that!" [/colour]Taking his own sword into his mouth he used his free hoof and kicked Souls horn, causing the tip to snap off, [colour=#000080]"There, put an end to ye magical non sense for a little while..." [/colour]he stepped off of souls blade Powder jumped back, His wing was on fire and if it didn't get looked at soon he may never fly again. [colour=#000080]"okay... you don't have any magic, and i can't fly..."[/colour] he looked back. weighing his options, he could try another alliance, but all that considering... [colour=#000080]"Help me back to my ship... and I'll let ye go... even have our medic touch up your horn..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Looking down Powder could see the blood dripping from his wing and shoulder. he couldn't keep this fight up much longer. [/colour][colour=#000080]"Our medic is a unicorn... she can patch ye up nicely..."[/colour]

Soul flare place a hoof to his horn[colour=#B22222] "aww man, i wan't finished yet"[/colour] he groaned out then looked down at the deck, "[colour=#B22222]i'd take you up on that offer, but i don't think it'll work out at the moment. My zebra friend will have to take care of me probably."[/colour] he sighed [colour=#B22222]"...this is gonna sting..."[/colour] Soul bit his lip and closed his eyes, a magic circle appearing beneath the two of them. That was his final attack, to trap them both in the circle and blast black powder with a localized magical attack, but with an incomplete circle, Soul flare wasn't protected from the oncoming burst.

a beam of light shot out from the circumference of the circle, sparks of magic filling it until finally it practically exploded in a pillar of magic, the golden light engulfing both ponies.