Legends of the Pony Pirates! RolePlay [open]

Talex

[colour=#b22222]'black mane?'[/colour] soul thought as he heard a voice. yep, that was him alright. Soul flare regretted the door between him, he wanted to find something to throw at the pirate captain, maybe a pillow. He rolled his eyes, he didn't have much of a personal vendetta against the stallion, just didn't like him, something about black mane rubbed soul the wrong way.

[colour=#b22222]'his aura is out of whack'[/colour]

Soul got as close to the door as his restraints would allow, a smile creeping over his face[colour=#b22222] "well, i could tell you, but why should I? whats got you interested in a book you probably wouldn't be able to understand?"[/colour]

(it's a short post [sorry about that] of soul responding to black mane)

[colour=#ff0000]Red Stripe[/colour]

((OoC: Lol, I have two main characters.. Harla, who is in love with Cloud Shimmers, and Red Stripe, who is falling for Shimmers the siren. WHY AM I DESTINED FOR LOVING PONIES WITH THE NAME SHIMMERS xD))

"It's.. Okay." He blushed. Shimmers' gentle tail flicks and other subtle touches were starting to get to him. [colour=#ff0000]Do something little more fun?! Ho Celestia.. Here?! In PUBLIC?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! [/colour]Red Stripe's mind started to race, but calmed as soon as she suggested either meeting the captain or finding a new ship. [colour=#ff0000]"Oh.."[/colour] His heart rate declined to a normal pace once more. [colour=#ff0000]"Shimmers, it would be wonderful to introduce you to Captain Quinn, but right now, it may be easier to get a ship than find her out in town."[/colour] After the way she had said 'Will you do that for me?' or 'I would love for YOU to introduce me to her,' Red found it surprisingly hard to say no, but he wasn't about to make any promises that he knew that he couldn't keep.. ESPECIALLY to such a beautiful sea pony as Shimmers. Dropping his old plans, he had fallen for Shimmers, and blinded by love, decided that it was probably best TO just get a ship and go out again. Maybe he would cross paths with Harla again.. Maybe not. Red started thinking just a little too hard.. [colour=#ff0000]So what if I don't? She's just gonna be mad at me for losing her ship anyway, and I HAVE THE BITS. NOT her. If she really cared about her crew, Harla would be here. She would be here, on shore, not prancing through town like a queen after promising to meet back up with us. It's her own fault!! If only she had been there.. IF she had BEEN there, her precious little ship would have still just-[/colour] He caught Shimmers' eyes, hoping that she hadn't noticed him lose his cool. He had been quite, but his insides had definitely been doing some screaming. [colour=#ff0000]"..Would you be able to come with for a time, Shimmers? Just long enough to go ship shopping with us? I have plenty of bits.. So we should be able to find SOMETHING decent.. Just so that we are able to track down Captain Blackmane.. and maybe Harla.." [/colour]He had no intention to really find Harla, but to find Sleek. [colour=#ff0000]"You see, one of our top crew members was recently captured by a pony named Captain Blackmane, and it would do me well to know that she's safely sailing once more.. If heard some stories of Blackmane.. Which can be called anything but pretty." Holy Celestia, she's gorgeous.. [/colour]He stared in awe at Shimmers, losing his train of thought.

((Summary: Red Stripe says to himself, [colour=#ff0000]"Skrew Harla, I'mma listen to Shimmers because she's hot and I'm going to go get a ship and set sail once more, and if I see Harla that's cool and if not it's whatever because I have all the money and she's a stupid leader anyways," [/colour]because of all of his built up frustration. He tries to keep his cool on the surface to look attractive to Shimmers. Red invites Shimmers to go help him pick out a ship, and go hunt down Captain Blackmane, so that he may be able to rescue Sleek Wind (Lol, ironic for you, isn't it, Talex? xDD) ))

After Blackmane left Sleek fealt... warm... accepted. It seemed like she was accepted into something... like a family?... She was unsure, seeing as it had been a while since she had really fealt family. But alas, she was left by Blackmane and still tied to her bed, darn. She heard the sound of a guard leaning against the door to her room, they must have been there a while. She looked around the room, Sleek must have been here for a good hour or so, and her stomach was struggling, she heard a loud grumble from her stomach. She hadn't eaten since the morning, and even then it was limited "E... Excuse me guard!?" She yells out, hoping the guard would heed her please, maybe it was that nice stallion from before? "I erm... I'm awfully hungry... and my hooves are tied, could you please... feed me?" It sounded so weird asking to be fed but she couldn't reach her plate of bread and an apple.

She then looked down to come to realise she was still hugging her rifle with her back hooves. She had to hide it before the guard came in! She looked about the room and scanned for a hiding spot but there didn't seem to be any except... She picked the rifle up with her foot hooves and flicked it onto the table where her food lay. Success! Until it smashed into her glass of milk and spilled the food and drink onto the floor. But atleast the rifle was ok? Ergh.....

Powder starred at the little dud bomb. Why hadn't it gone off? did it get wet? he unfolded the paper to see that what little wick was left didn't reach the powder. he began to think. but tossed the though aside. If he tried to escape now it would be certain death. he refolded the paper, pushing the wick down so that if needed it could be set off. he put the small bomb in his coat pocket for later. Powder sighed and laid down in the bed using his wings as a cover. [colour=#000080]"I wonder if the after life will be like a dream..."[/colour] He sighed as he closed his eyes and drifted into his own thoughts.

-Black forms a plan with the little bomb for later as he tries to get some sleep-

(glad you picked up on the bomb there)

Soul's rebellious attitude didn't sit well with Black Mane. He could tolerate Sleek's but that's because he had her rifle to mess with her and because of the reasons he invited her to his crew. But Soul was something else.

"Because of the price it adds to yer head, you dumb buck." Black Mane retorted curtly.

(short post because conversations like this happen. I don't even think it needs a summary. I will add Shimmer's post next)

Soul snickered "[colour=#b22222]well i guess with all that damage to your ship you would need all the bits you could get your hooves on"[/colour]. He sat dow on his bed and tapped his horn,[colour=#b22222] 'darn it, i wish zo was here, he'd be able to fix this better than anypony.'[/colour]

he frowned and looked back towards the door [colour=#b22222]"but really black mane, what my bounty matter?"[/colour]

Sergeant Major Lance was practically glowing about his new promotion as he stalked the halls. Why, the only thing that could make this day better was... maybe a little revenge. He reached up with a hoof and rubbed at the bandage wrapped around his neck. Oh, he hadn't forgotten how that pirate had marked him. And now the big, gruff captain was strapped to a bed and awaiting execution. Oh how Lance couldn't wait for a noose to be around his neck. He'd have a front row seat to that show. He arrived at the makeshift prison and waved away the guard at the door. [colour=#00ff00]"Take a break,"[/colour] he ordered. The guard complied and Lance entered the room. He trotted over to the end of the bed, a big smile on his face, and the bayonet off of his musket in his hoof.

He coughed loudly to get the Captain's attention. [colour=#00ff00]"So, Captain Powder. Still feel like you're the pony in charge, eh? Going to try and make a demand of me? Go on, I dare you, let's see how far you get."[/colour] Lance strode around and sat in a chair conveniently propped beside the bed. [colour=#00ff00]"How things have changed now, eh? Not long until you do the gallows dance. What fun," [/colour]he said icily. He then lifted up the bayonet and held it up against the light shining through a porthole.[colour=#00ff00] "Now I know that pirates like you amass quite the fortune. I also know that pirates like you don't share. Now, how about you tell me where you've been stowing away your spoils, and maybe you'll make it to the noose in the same condition as you are now."[/colour]

True Majesty grew tired of waiting for Black Mane, and after a few short words from a sailor or two, he found himself and Royal Range wandering into the brig. He strode on in to see Black Mane speaking with one of the imprisoned captains. Soul Flash or something like that. He'd be sure to get his name now.[colour=#ffd700] "I hope I'm not interrupting " [/colour]he said impertinently as he trotted right in between the two.[colour=#ffd700] [/colour][colour=#ffd700]"Captain Black Mane, may I remind you that the only reason you are onboard this ship is because you have information vital to the Equestrian Navy. Now if you would be so kind as to share it, then we can start on our mission, and you can belittle the prisoners as much as you want on your own personal time."[/colour]

Royal Range meanwhile took great interest in the prisoner. He had never seen a pirate captain that looked quite like him. Why he looked much more like an explorer than some pirate, but the case Sergeant Major Lance made against him seemed ironclad. A shame. He then remembered the report concerning a book he refused to part with. Perhaps there was some kind of deal going on there. For now though, he and the book would be fine in their cell. Royal turned back to the bickering captains, and piped up to support Majesty.[colour=#00ffff] "In order for these pirates to go before a judge, we must first return to an Equestrian port. The closest is Baltimare, back the way we came."[/colour]

A certain young pegasus guard felt his back grow tired and he sat back against the door only to cause a loud creak which made him jump back upright again. He looked around to see that nopony had noticed his brief lapse in duty, and sighed with relief when he found that was the case. At least until he heard the prisoner call out for help. He suddenly froze. He couldn't go back in there! Not after last time. The look Black Mane had given him. He shuddered at the memory. Then he heard the sound of smashing glass and suddenly images of the pretty mare throwing herself out of a window and drowning came to mind. Without hesitation, he spun around and kicked open the door, galloping in to see... that she was completely fine.

He stood there for a few seconds breathing heavily, with his heart in his mouth before shutting it and trying to regain some composure. He put on an awkward smile, and turned to shut the door gently behind him, before turning back around and trotting over to her. [colour=#ffa500]Come on, Brass, you've already made a donkey of yourself, no need to make it worse.[/colour] He once again began to find himself entranced by those deep blue eyes, and he didn't notice the spilt water. A hoof came down onto the wooden floor and then flew straight back as it slipped in the liquid, and sent him flying forwards. He closed his eyes as he felt the inevitable impact coming, and he couldn't help but think about how clumsy and stupid he must appear to the mare, as he landed in a pile of limbs on top of her legs at the foot of the bed. [colour=#ffa500]Nice going, Brass.[/colour]

([colour=#00ff00]Sergeant Major Lance[/colour] gets ready to interrogate Black Powder over the possibility of buried treasure. [colour=#ffd700]True Majesty[/colour] and [colour=#00ffff]Royal Range[/colour] grow tired of waiting for[colour=#000000] [/colour]Black Mane[colour=#000000],[/colour] and burst in on his meeting with[colour=#a52a2a] Soul Flare[/colour] to demand the information. The young guard enamoured with Sleek is revealed to be named [colour=#ffa500]Brass,[/colour] and makes a real fool of himself.)

Powder Yawned as he rolled over to face Lance. he noticed the bandage on his neck which made the Caption smile.[colour=#000080]"Haha, trust me lad, im more in charge now that i was on Manes ship"[/colour] He wasn't sure if that was a bluff or not. but it sure looked like the Sergeant Major didn't like his tone. [colour=#000080]"As for my stash,that loot is for my crew."[/colour] He started. [colour=#000080]"They helped me get it and they can have there fare share of it."[/colour] He rolled back over putting his back to the Sergeant Major. [colour=#000080]"But if you must know. its on a small island a couple miles south west of Mare's Mile."[/colour] He lied. he would never hide his loot, what was the point? [colour=#000080]"Now can you leave me?" [/colour]He waved a hoof in a 'shooing' manor. [colour=#000080]"i'm trying to get some rest before my final day." [/colour]

Soul flare chuckled[colour=#b22222] "well, that explains why a the navy would aid a common pirate, I wonder hat so important about this infor mation"[/colour] he fixed up his mane as he listened to them talk.[colour=#b22222] [/colour][colour=#b22222]'who's giving off the oversized aura? its powerful with just enough style to catch even my attention. must be the capt[/colour][colour=#b22222]ain'[/colour] soul thought before giving a small snicker[colour=#b22222] 'me hearts all a flutter, a type of pony like this that is down right nostalgic'.[/colour]

Soul placed a hoof over the pocket he held his book in and let out a sigh, then looked at the door again. [colour=#b22222]'fist mate isn't bad either'[/colour][colour=#b22222] [/colour]he thought then looked up at his horn,[colour=#b22222] 'I'm getting pretty good with this aura stuff, it's gotta be because i can't use my magic'[/colour] this thought brought a smile to his face. atleast his damaged horn had some benifit.

Meanwhile on the high seas, Pierce and Zo sat under the sails looking up at the sky, zo had a odd plant in his hooves. it was orange and had a dim light glowing with in it, he held it up in different directions, until the light flickered slighly. Zo smiled at the change in the plants routine and nodded for pierce to grab the wheel and turn the ship.

(soul listens in on the conversation between the ponies near his cell door, while pierce and zo seem tobe taking directions from a glowing plant.)

As the Stratus Shredder hovered above the docks of Colt's Cove, several pegasi could be seen flying down from the Cloudy Hive like bees on the search for honey. Though the honey they wanted was more akin to Hard Cider and roughhousing, and other such things vicious pirates enjoyed.All laughing and cheering at their captain's generous order that they all enjoy themselves while they take a long enough break to find a more permanent mask for our strange anti-hero, Wood Wing, who's cloud mask had begun to condense into liquid.

That wasn't good.

As such, a reward of extra-rations and a cloud pillow for their hammock was offered to the first one to find such an item, and this objective was but one more reason why they had all begun their adventure in town...

But, that's not the topic! Where was the captain?

Why, he was curretly trotting through town slowly but nervously, his cloud was almost done for and he had to find something stronger without attracting attention, and fast!

(Short post about The Stratus Shredder and her crew flying all through Colt's Cove, causing trouble, messing with ponies and pirates, and having a good time while Wood Wing looks for a mask.)

Sleek jumped back slightly as the door was smashed open 'oh Celestia! What have I done now!?' she questioned herself to see that it was only the pegasi from before, making a slight fool of himself, was it because of her he was so... clumsy? She watched as he trotted over to her, his eyes staring at hers, she was openning her mouth to warn him of the spilt water but... it was to late. She closed her eyes tight, not wanting to look at the poor stallion hurt himself, but it was ok in the end, landing in a heap on her back hooves that lay at the front of the bed. Sleek tried to keep in the laughter of what had just happened but alas, she found herself letting out a giggle "are... are you ok? hehehe" she asked as she wiped the tears from her eyes, lifting the stallion pegasi with the legs he lay on "You have to be more careful! Somepony could get hurt!" she said with a smile, looking over at the mess she had made with the broken glass on the floor, along with the plate... smooth mooves there Sleek, almost as smooth as this pegasi was on his feet. "Why did you barge in?"She asked, slightly confused "did you think I was hurt?" Sleek waited for a reply and then remembered her rumbling stomach "Oh.... could you erm... please get me some for food?... I seem to have... spilled my own" she said with a sheepish grin, remembering that the stallion liked her she put on a 'cute face' acting inocently "and could you maybe get me something better than bread and water?" she asked, batting her eyes and hoping for something a little more.... apetising, anything but bland bread and water!

((Sleek laughs about Brass' missfortunes and asks him for some food, putting on the charm and hoping for better than bread and water!!))

Sergeant Major Lance was expecting some verbal backlash, but he still found his teeth gritting as he had to stop himself from plunging the bayonet into the restrained captain. [colour=#00ff00]"You still think you're in control here?"[/colour] he eventually says through gritted teeth, [colour=#00ff00]"you still think that there's a chance of escape? Well, let me tell you something." [/colour]Lance leaned in closer until his mouth was right beside Black Powder's ear. [colour=#00ff00]"You'll be doing the gallows dance soon enough, and I'll be there. A quick word to the executioner and I can make sure your neck snaps, an instantaneous death. If you still think you're in control, then go ahead, resist me. I'll enjoy watching the life squeezed from you, the slow choking which for you, will last eternity."[/colour]

Lance then drew the bayonet in a thin line across Powder's throat. [colour=#00ff00]"An eye for an eye, eh Captain?"[/colour] Lance said with a slight chuckle at his word choice. [colour=#00ff00]"Now I wasn't born yesterday. There's no way you buried anything on Mare's Mile. That place is swarming with Naval troopers after its acquisition from Griffonia. Now I will ask you one more time, or that precious other wing of yours might get some permanent nerve damage." [/colour]Lance grinned as he took a step back, holding the bayonet outwards with a smile. [colour=#00ff00]"The treasure, if you'd please."[/colour]

Brass rose to his hooves with a start, his cheeks somehow getting even more flushed, as he tried to get control of his tongue and apologise. It took a good fifteen seconds before he was able to mumble an apology.[colour=#ffa500] "I'msosorry! Ididn'tseethewater!"[/colour] He spat out at an almost incomprehensible speed. He struggled to get control of his beating heart, as he listened to what Sleek had to say. [colour=#ffa500]"I'm fine! Tip-top! Absolutely peachy!"[/colour] he said with a nervous smile in response to her first question, then she asked about the barging. He stumbled through his mental dictionary to find words to put to use. [colour=#ffa500]"I... er... I..." [/colour]he stuttered when suddenly she somehow managed to look even cuter. He felt his heart almost leap out of his chest as he practically melted into her hooves. He almost missed what she said he was so out of it, then he remembered that she was actually talking and managed to just catch the end of it. [colour=#ffa500]"Food! You want food! I'm on it!"[/colour] he said with a prim salute, then he remembered she wasn't an officer, and dropped it straight away. He tried to repair it with a wave and a smile, before bolting out of there.

He stalked the corridors feeling like the biggest loser to have ever Graced Celestia's Equestria. He kept his head down as he passed fellow crew members who were talking eagerly among themselves. The ship's galleys weren't far, and he quickly arrived. He knew that the typical Navy fair could do little more than bread or water, and that the Captain was the only one to have access to sweets and pastries. But he made a promise, and just picturing her fluttering her eyelids gave him the strength to break the laws a little bit. He snuck in to find the place empty. The ship's cook must still be helping with the cannons. With a quick dash he's in the captain's pantry, grabbing a few of the more luxurious items. Apple danishes, plums, a bottle of fine wine, and some lightly chargrilled hay with herb seasoning, still in a magically sealed container. He pocketed the lot, except the wine which he managed to squeeze into his sword sheath after removing the sword, and shut the cupboard. He then took back to the corridors, keeping his head low to hide his face.

A few minutes later and he reenters Sleek's room. His heart is beating for a different reason this time. The thrill of theft, and not getting caught. He couldn't help but smile as he placed the foodstuffs on the bedside table, then lifted the bottle of wine out of the sheath and handed it to her too. He had no idea how good the stuff was, but if it was the captain's private stock, it couldn't be cheap. If she was observant she would notice that he had left his sword behind in the kitchen, and was now actually unarmed. [colour=#ffa500]"Here you go!"[/colour] He said excitedly.[colour=#ffa500] "The captain's finest food and drink! Just don't tell anyone that you got those items from me! And... uh.,.. maybe hide the wine once you're done with it."[/colour]

([colour=#00ff00]Sergeant Major Lance[/colour] taunts Black Powder and lightly cuts his throat in retribution for Black Powder doing it earlier. He then threatens him even more and demands to know where this treasure is. Meanwhile, [colour=#ffa500]Brass[/colour] breaks into the Captain's food stores and lifts some choice items for Sleek's dinner, somehow managing to leave his sword behind in the process.)

Sleek just grinned as she watched the nervous pegasus leave the room, stumbling on his way out. It was an awkward grin and small smirks escaped her mouth as she tryed to stop herself from bursting out with laughter from the sheer silliness of the stallion. After the door shut behind him she let out all she had contained, rolling manicly on the bed at the humerous events that had happened, tears streaming down her face, some finding it's way into her mouth, making her taste the saltyness of her gleeful tears. This went on for a good few minuites until Sleek was physically unable to go on. slowing herself down until she finally regained composure. Her wrists were starting to hurt from the ties around them, why had they been done so tight? She gave each hoof a sharp tug and they weren't going anywhere... darn.

Just as she was about to start gnawing at the ropey binds the same stallion burst throught the door, carrying a bunch of good looking food! 'Oh Sleek your charms are amazing!' She thought to herself, a triumphant smile almost spreading across her face until she realised she needed to keep up the... 'needy and helpless' act. It had seemed to be going well so far... and had his sword changed since he left? Not long after wondering she was answered with a nice looking bottle of wine that was soon set down beside her. Her food being placed on the bedside table "Excuse me... Mr. Marine... could you maybe... let one of my hooves free so I can eat?" she asks with almost puppy-dog eyes as she pouts a little "You can stay here to make sure I don't leave or get up to any funny buisiness" She adds, looking over at the food and licking her lips a little as once again her stomach grumbles like a small earthquake in her stomach, it was almost a painfull fealing "erk..." she lets out, curling up slightly to emphasise her 'pain' "pretty pretty please?..."

((Sleek breaks out into tears of laughter at Brass' antics, checking her bindings which were tied tight. Also Sleek puts on the charm again to attempt a free hoof so she can eat, with her front hooves both bound it's kinda hard to eat xD))

[colour=#000080]Powder sighed, "dang, I've been away longer than i thought if Mare's Mile is under Naval control." [/colour]Pushing the Sergeant away he stayed laying on his side as re raised his good wing up. "[colour=#000080]Go for it big boy. injuring a helpless stallion who's just going to be killed later any way. that make you feel strong?" [/colour]Spinning around fast he sat up and stared Lance in the eyes. [colour=#000080]"your nothing but a filly compared to the feats if done... now i suggest you drop the knife and leave."[/colour]

Lance began to visibly shake as Black Powder spoke back. [colour=#00ff00]"I am not a filly!"[/colour] He bellows as he lunges forwards with the bayonet at the captain's eye, but regains control and stops it mere millimeters from Powder's pupil. With a shaky hoof he throws the bayonet onto the floor where it clatters loudly as it comes to a rest. He meets Black Powder's stare and just stops for a few seconds. His eyes burning with rage, but he manages to contain it this time. He stands back and regains his formal officer's stance. [colour=#00ff00]"Well, Captain, we can play it your way. You have called my bluff regarding physical harm, but there's nothing to stop me robbing you of your precious food and water, and sleep. That's right. A guard will be in to make sure you're awake every ten minutes until you send for me. And not one of them will bear your daily bread." [/colour]Lance said with a vicious sneer, before storming out of the room, forgetting his discarded bayonet. A few minutes after he's gone, the guard returns and shuts the door then resumes his guarding position on the outside.

Brass's smile is no longer nervous as he's genuinely happy that he has made Sleek happy. Then he sees her smile vanish and suddenly he's really concerned. Add to that the damp patches under her eyes... she must have been crying. He makes a pledge to himself to make sure that this beautiful mare will have her face lit up with a smile again, no matter the cost. Before he has a chance to ask her what's wrong, a little pout appears on her face and she asks him to release her hoof. Something that goes against every code of being a guard, but she made a good point. How were they supposed to eat if they were chained? It didn't make any sense. Still it would be breaking another code... then again breaking the last one had been kind of thrilling. Suddenly she curls up in pain and without hesitation he pulls the keyring off of his belt and quickly unlocks both of her forehooves. As much as he wanted to undo all of her locks just then, some rational part of his mind stopped him, and he stands back. [colour=#ffa500]"Er... excuse me, Miss, but the name's Brass. Not Mr. Marine,"[/colour] he said quietly while he had her attention.

([colour=#00ff00]Lance[/colour] rages at Black Powder and stops the guards from sending food and water, and to stop him from sleeping, before leaving him... and his bayonet.[colour=#ffa500] Brass[/colour] unlocks both of Sleek's forearms and introduces himself.)

Black Powder slid the bayonet next to him with the help of the chains around his ankles, hiding the blade within his coat. [colour=#000080]'Its like they want me to escape...' [/colour]He laid back and pretended to sleep, waiting for the guard to come in and check on him. just like clockwork the guard came in and shook him. [colour=#000080]"sorry lad." [/colour][colour=#000000]pulling the bayonet from his pocket he stabbed it into the guards neck. the blood and cut air way meant he couldn't scream. Once dead, Powder Took the key from the guard. once his legs where unbound he then switched cloths with the guard, hat and all. not forgetting to also grab the bomb from his coat pocket[/colour][colour=#000080] 'never thought i would be wearing this uniform again.'[/colour][colour=#000000] he placed the dead ponies body onto the bed so it looked like he was asleep. he then stood out side the door acting like the guard he just killed. checking on the dead body every ten minutes so to not raise suspicions. [/colour]

-Powder kills the guard with the left behind bayonet, then pulls a hit man with the body, changing cloths and acting like the guard-

((haHA!!! I'm back!! whoo!!! xD))

[colour=#b22222]"but really black mane, what my bounty matter?"[/colour]

"Because in all me years on the seas, I ain't seen a single book that is worth so bucking much, as to almost double a bounty! Yer hidin' somethin, Soul... and I intend to-" He was cut off as True Majesty approached him

[colour=#ffd700]"I hope I'm not interrupting " [/colour]he said impertinently as he trotted right in between the two.[colour=#ffd700] [/colour][colour=#ffd700]"Captain Black Mane, may I remind you that the only reason you are onboard this ship is because you have information vital to the Equestrian Navy. Now if you would be so kind as to share it, then we can start on our mission, and you can belittle the prisoners as much as you want on your own personal time."[/colour]

"Need I remind you that I'm also on this ship because mine be sunk! If it weren't, then I would be a lot happier to oblige, True Majesty." He said in the same impertinent tone. he faced him and crossed his front hooves. "But if you really can't wait until we get to colt's cove, then I'll tell ye what information I've got for ya." His eyes closed and he looked reluctant to tell anything. "There's a smuggling operation going on... Some of the finest muskets from the navy are being sold to common sea bandits. The most powerful guns in the navy's arsenal are being taken from yer hooves and put into yer enemies." He gave a smirk, knowing the most shocking info were to come. "And the whole operation is being run by a head navy captain under the alibi "cold smoke." Ye might want to start looking more closely at yer peers, True Majesty." Black Mane winked, knowing that he was already safe from suspicion since he was a privateer, not a navy officer. "Supposedly there's a checkpoint along the trade route at colt's cove, hence why I'm headed there. I WAS going to sell a raid too, but that be at the bottom of the sea!" Secretly, he just wanted to see some of the guns and take his unfair share of gold. But eventually he would have leaked some more info and shut down the operation. "So now that you've got what ye need, could ye kindly let me finish what I was doing and let me know when we reach harbor!" He was almost scolding the admiral for interrupting him.

All this went on next to Soul Flare's cell. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best idea.

(Black Mane informs True Majesty of a smuggling operation going on at colt's cove)

((now let's change the mood again))

Shimmers giggled at Red Stripe [colour=#ff00cc]"Hehe, okay. I think I can tag along for that."[/colour] She winked and then her gaze drifted to the bag of bits.[colour=#ff00cc] "It would be a shame if you spent ALL those bits on just a ship! Let me help."[/colour] She grabbed the bag suddenly and dove back into the ocean. Then she swam to one of the nearby ports to look for a ship that was being sold. She found one that looked more or less like the wreak she saw in the water earlier and popped her head above the waves near what looked to be the owner.

[colour=#ff00cc]"hey there!"[/colour] she said suddenly, startling the stallion.[colour=#ff00cc] "How much is that ship there?"[/colour] "Holy Celestia!!! are you-" [colour=#ff00cc]"hehe, sure am!"[/colour] she interrupted his question and flicked her tail out of the water, showing that she was a sea pony. The ship owner's jaw dropped as he started in amazement at how gorgeous she was, not to mentions he had never seen a sea pony before. [colour=#ff00cc]"So I was wondering if I could have that ship over there."[/colour] Her eye lids drooped "Uuuh, uh, it's uh, ten-ten thousand bits for cannons and all." [colour=#ff00cc]"Aww... but I don't have that much"[/colour] she said without even knowing how many bits were in the bag. [colour=#ff00cc]"wouldn't it just be easier to give it to me?"[/colour] She batted her eyes and flicked her tail again. "uh.. o-okay..." [colour=#ff00cc]"hehe, you're so sweet! thanks! Could you also bring it somewhere for me?"[/colour] "y-yes! I mean, of coarse I can!" [colour=#ff00cc]"Alright, just follow me!"[/colour] She lead the ship over to the beach where Red and his crew were, diving in and out of the water like a dolphin. She stashed the bits somewhere underwater for latter and swam up to shore. [colour=#ff00cc]"Hey, Red! Does this work?"[/colour] She pointed to the ship [colour=#ff00cc]"I got it just for you."[/colour] Her eyes drooped again as her tail swayed innocently back and forth in the air.

(shimmers gets a ship for Red for free, but she steals the bits and hides them for herself.)

((still awkward to play her x3))

Feather gave Brass a small peck on the cheek "Well thank you Brass! I'm the happiest mare on the sea!" she said with a grin, uncorking the wine and taking a long swig, like she had never had a taste of the stuff in her life, or she had been without food for her whole life, both of which weren't true. She then took a deliciouse pastry and nibbled on it, trying to keep up the act she was pulling with this poor stallion "So Brass... may I ask what your doing on these seas? What's your story?" she asked, remembering the wine as she offered it with an extended hoof "would you like some Brass? I don't mind" she said with a petite smile as she nibbled more on her food, trying to act 'dainty' and 'vaulnerable' which aparently was working. It seemed she had this guard wrapped around her hoof which is definatly a better situation then with the old hag from before.

(Feather starts to eat and ask's Brass of his story, offering him some wine while she eats)

((Oh my gosh guys I'm so sorry!)))

Cloud smiled at Harla "of course you can fly it, you're captain Harla Quinn, what can't you do?" He walked her over to the wheel, "you pull this, after casting off, and the sails will unfurl." He pointed to various levers that did various things. "In an emergency, we can retract the sails and land in the water." Cloud looked at Harla. "Im gonna let you take over, ask me or Lightning if you need anything.

Lance strode back to his cabin. As commander of the marine complement he had been issued his own cabin. This had better pay off, he'd overheard one of the troopers talking about Black Powder's so-called treasure when they had brought him onboard. He may have just majorly overstepped his boundaries but he wasn't going to go any further in the military without a commission and he could never hope to afford one without a large influx of cash. His dreams of becoming General Lance hinged on this, and he was willing to do anything to make those dreams come true. Anything. He sat back in his chair and opened up his journal. Time to note some things down.

Captain True Majesty grew visibly more irate as he dealt with the rough-spoken captain. How anypony could act so utterly insufferable, well it filled him with disgust. [colour=#FFD700]"Look right here, Black. While you are on my ship, you are under my command. It's not my fault you couldn't hold on to your own vessel now is it? Maybe if you fought half as well as you thought you did, you'd still have that heap of lumber you had the gall to call a vessel!"[/colour] Once he'd gotten over his fit of anger he processed the information intently, and it troubled him.[colour=#FFD700] "You sure this Cold Smoke fellow is navy? Enough of you pirates get naval equipment by pilfering our convoys that any pirate could set up shop. If you're certain, then this overrules the importance of trying these captains. We cannot have Naval equipment in the hands of barbaric buccaneers. Royal, I want this ship turned around, and back on course for Colt's Cove immediately."[/colour]

True Majesty then turned around and looked over Soul Flare once.[colour=#FFD700] "You sir, are small fry compared to the other captain onboard. If you would just hand over the book, then maybe we could work out a deal that doesn't involve your death. When you're interested in dealing. Send for me." [/colour]He said curtly before turning to leave.

Royal saluted dutifully with a cry of [colour=#00FFFF]"Yes, sir!"[/colour] before trotting off into the halls again. He weaved his way through the vessel until he made his way topside. Once there he trotted back over to the stern of the ship and up to the wheel.[colour=#00FFFF] "Sailor! Bring us about and change course to the Northwest. We're heading to Colt's Cove."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Aye! Settin' a course to Colt's Cove."[/colour] The sailor replied as he spun the wheel and the ship slowly lurched around and back to it's original heading.

Brass saw a smile spread across her face and then he received a small peck on the cheek, and he practically melted. When she thought he had gone red before, now he was a brilliant shade of scarlet to rival the worst sunburn. And she called him Brass! She said his name! He rubbed his cheek with a hoof and stumbled over the implications when he found a bottle offered to him. The pilfered wine. He saw her encouraging smile and he took a swig. The sweet, fine taste danced on his tongue, this was definitely some vintage... and pretty strong to boot. He found his lips growing a bit looser, and then she asked his story.

[colour=#FFA500]"Well, uh, my name is Brass Tacks, and I was planning on becoming a smith before I... uh enlisted." [/colour]He took another swig of wine. [colour=#FFA500]"All of my brothers are serviceponies, and after much argument with my family, now so am I.[/colour]" Another swig of the powerful red liquid. [colour=#FFA500]"I don't what they were thinking though. My brothers are thoroughbred soldiers, but I just can't do it." [/colour]A much longer swig.[colour=#FFA500] "You've seen me! I'm clumsy, bad at following orders, and I just can't shoot ponies!"[/colour] Yet another long swig. [colour=#FFA500]"What have they done wrong? Yeah, I mean, they are pirates, but still is that a reason to condemn them to death? It just seems... silly. I don't know."[/colour] A final massive swig. [colour=#FFA500]"I just hope to smuggle myself off of here next port we show up at. I can't take this any more,"[/colour] Brass confessed growing steadily drunker as he did so.

Black Powder wasn't left waiting that much longer before indeed another guard arrived. With a musket over his shoulder and a whistle on his lips he stopped right in front of Powder and suddenly looked confused.[colour=#000080] "Ey up. I tout this 'ere was Drill's job. I've been tol' to replace 'im. Who 'the heck are ya?"[/colour] He said suspiciously.

([colour=#00FF00]Lance[/colour] returns to his cabin and ponders his next move. [colour=#FFD700]True Majesty [/colour]berates Black Mane's attitude, but takes his advice. He also requests Soul Flare hand over the book. [colour=#00FFFF]Royal Range[/colour] turns the ship around for Colt's Cove. [colour=#FFA500]Brass[/colour] confesses he is considering deserting as he's a pacifist. Black Powder is confronted by[colour=#000080] a guard[/colour] who was sent to replace the other guard, but knew the other guard personally.)

[colour=#0000cd]"I'm from Manes ship,"[/colour] Powder lied. Keeping his composure under pressure, he distorted his voice, making it sound more high pitched yet still seem natural. [colour=#0000cd]"Or, what's left of it. I switched spots with Drill 'bout a half hour ago."[/colour] Powder's stomach growled at him. he hadn't eaten since he was on his ship and would kill for some bread... well... would kill again. [colour=#0000cd]"I guess it's my lunch brake. see you in a couple of hours mate."[/colour] Powder started to walked away but in doing so he bumped the new guard shoulder, planting the bloody musket blade on him. [colour=#0000cd]"Oi, sorry about that, I've been standing here for to long, need to regain my balance."[/colour] Powder chuckled awkwardly as he stumbled away.

Powder had made it to the mess hall. snacking on a peace of bread and some rum, he began to think, [colour=#000080]'If this is going to work i need to hide my eye, and cut my hair...' [/colour]he laughed to him self silently while still chewing a peace of bread. [colour=#000080]'considering some of the crew is from Manes ship, finding an Eye patch and a blade shouldn't be to hard. i should also think of a new name... Cloud Hopper will do.' [/colour]

[colour=#000000]He was right, within the hour he had and eye patch, obtained form a pirate who was now dead at the bottom of the sea. along with a blade. he cut his hair into a lop sided Mohawk, then tied it into a ponytail. he also shaved his face. now he looked completely different and the only way some one could recognize him was from the 'X' scar on his cheek, He prayed to Celestia that it wouldn't get him caught.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]-[/colour][colour=#000080]Powder[/colour][colour=#000000] plants the blade on the new guard. gets a bite to eat, changes his look so that the only way to spot him would be form the 'X' scar on his cheek, he also thinks of a new name going by [/colour][colour=#0000CD]Cloud Hopper[/colour][colour=#000000]-[/colour]

" Yer hidin' somethin, Soul... and I intend to-"

[colour=#b22222]'Oh if you only knew~'[/colour] Soul Flare thought to himself with a smirk. The crimson stallion was highly tempted to let the pirate know why the book held such value, but knew it would be best to keep to himself.

He looked at true majesty, watching the captain walk away[colour=#b22222] 'what no "hello, how do you do" how that for hospitality!'[/colour] Soul flare smiled and rolled his eyes slightly, he wanted to speak to the captain[colour=#b22222] 'especially about my room conditions, just look at the decorating choices they made, my mother would throw a fit!'[/colour]

Then the Naval captain turned around to address the adventuring unicorn...

[colour=#FFD700]"You sir, are small fry compared to the other captain onboard. If you would just hand over the book, then maybe we could work out a deal that doesn't involve your death. When you're interested in dealing. Send for me"[/colour]

As True Majesty turned to leave Soul Flare popped up from his seat[colour=#b22222] "Now wait just a hay kickin' minute here your captain'ness, I'll ignore that you so rudely neglected to introduce your self, and that you actually compared an adventurer like myself to these second rate pirates. But are you forgetting that the academy wants me brought back alive? or did your flunky forget to mention that?"[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]' maybe i was right, and this aura readin' thing was a bunch of horse hockey.'[/colour]

([colour=#b22222]Soul[/colour] has something he's keeping to himself. Soul then stands to address True majesty as the captain is leaving, alerting Majesty that soul is supposed to be returned to the academy alive)

Sleek slowly took the wine back from Brass who had seemed to have drunken most of it in his rant... darn. In one swig she finished what was left and now the two of them were conciderably more open to say things that were not needed to be known. "You... you don't like killing ponies?... Then why the hay stick around!? I could be escaping out the door and you wouldn't do a thing about it!" she ranted, maybe a little too loud for a sane pony, hopefully nopony would notice the two of them. "You should totally just jump ship at the next port... theres just no point you know?" She said as she took a mouthfull of pastry, chewing a little until she decided to talk through the food "yu no wha?" (you know what?) "I be you woud mak a gweats smiff" (I bet you would make a great smith) She then swallowed and continued "Don't let your family puch you around! and hey... maybe one day you can make me something?" as she kept talking she sounded more and more like herself, winking at the end as she lay back on the bed, she had finished eating "ok you can lock me back up now... I'm done" she anounced, closing her eyes and reminising about random things that crossed her mind.

(Sleek encourages Brass to ditch and finishes her meal, requesting to be tied back up after)

"Argh! And did you forget that the academy didn't say they would complain if ye be dead either!?" Black Mane retorted to Soul. He wasn't trying to defend True Majesty, but he hated Soul's cocky-ness. "So shut up!" Black Mane snorted. Just tell me whats so darn important about that book! He thought to himself. Then he remembered that the Admiral was in earshot, and he assumed that letting him know of his interest in the book wouldn't end well. "...I'll be taking me leave now..." He said after a long pause, and turned towards where Sleek's room was.

Black Mane trotted to where Sleek was being kept. Since the Alicorn's coarse was now set for colt's cove, it would probably be a good idea to let Sleek go so she could start posing as a member of his crew. After all, Black Mane only had a hoof-full of scallywags left, and they haven't been accounted for yet. So no pony would notice an extra. He walked up to the door and heard... what was that? Conversation? Who would be with the lass now?

Black Mane burst through the door and his face turned to that of a scold when he saw the soldier from before messing with her chains. "Argh! What ye think ye be doin, boy!" He thought that he had come in to interrogate her, but after a moment, he saw that he seemed to be doing no harm, and also that Sleek had more than average food... "...Yar... Is this what I think it be?" He saw the blush on the other stallions face, who seemed to be a bit off his wagon, and also noticed that Sleek looked a bit out of it too. He facehoofed. "Argh! Have ye been drinkin'? Really? How did you- Why did- What made ye think- Urgh.." He walked over to the bed and shooed the Stallion away. "Aren't ye the one from before!? Nevermind, just go back to yer post!" then he leaned and whispered angerly to Sleek. "What have ye been doin!"

(Black Mane argues with Soul and barges in on Brass and Sleek.)

Lance finished his scrawlings for now, and returned the book to the top draw in his desk, which he then locked with a key which he hid on his person. If the Captain were to see that, well he'd be lucky to only lose his career. He then stood back up, and left his office. The army complement on board would need a debrief, and to know how he was now ever more in power. Couldn't have the men acting out. Especially with pirates onboard. It was more important than ever that they all look spic-and-span, and not to associate with those lower life forms. Lance quickly strode with head held high back up to the top deck, ignoring any of the pirates who even so much as looked at him. Once he reached the upper decks he bellowed in his best training officer shout, [colour=#00ff00]"Form up!"[/colour] Troops quickly swarmed to his position, where they would endure a ten minutes speech on why pirates are inequine monsters, and the troops shouldn't so much as look at them.

True Majesty halted at Soul Flare's retort, but before he could tear into him Black Mane rushed to his defence. His impression of Black Mane instantly rose. The pony clearly knew his betters now. That was a pleasant surprise. He even announced he was taking his leave! What an improvement. Majesty nodded in acknowledgment of his sudden better manners, before trotting back over to Soul Flare's cell. [colour=#ffd700]"While I will admit that Sergeant Major Lance neglected to mention this,[/colour]" Majesty began, making sure to enunciate his title, [colour=#ffd700]"you still do not fly the colours of Equestria. If you are no pirate, then which country do you serve? It is an offence to not fly the flag of your country. An offence that we can hold you for. You will be brought back to the Academy with the book. If they say you're an Adventurer, then you're in the clear. Otherwise, you're in just as deep trouble as Captain Powder. Anything to add, Captain Flare,"[/colour] True Majesty said in a clearly over-confident manner.

Royal Range rolled his eyes as Lance showed up above deck. These weren't pirates, they were Privateers. They still served Celestia in their own special way. He had a feeling True Majesty echoed Lance's ideals though. Privateers were a necessary evil, and they had done nothing wrong in Royal's book. He turned back to the helmspony. [colour=#00ffff]"How long do you think until we get in sight?"[/colour]

The helmspony shrugged. [colour=#ff0000]"No way to tell, sir. No landmarks out here. We've gone around Black Mane's derelict vessel now though. Could be an hour, could be a day."[/colour]

Royal chewed his lip thoughtfully.[colour=#00ffff] "Very well, Helmspony, carry on."[/colour]

Brass was briefly scared by Sleek's outburst, but found himself nodding along towards the end.[colour=#ffa500] "Yeah! Yeah! I'm... er... getting out of here!"[/colour] he shouted, a bit unsteady on his hooves.[colour=#ffa500] "I'll show those two-bit parents of mine that I'm completely capable!"[/colour] He shouted in agreement. When she asked to be locked back up, he tried to oblige, but his hooves were not quite as controlled as he'd hoped. A few blunders and suddenly the door slammed open behind him, and he froze. Some part of him was acutely aware that his career in the Navy was about to come to a close. And that part suddenly spurred on his drunken self.

[colour=#ffa500]"You thinks that just 'cos you're the Captain of... er... um... er... that other ship that you can stumble around here and boss us about?!"[/colour] He shouted confrontationally as he took an unsteady step towards Captain Black Mane.[colour=#ffa500] "I am... er... Private! Yeah! I'm Private Brass Tacks! And...uh.... Privates! Privates have a higher rank than civilians! And... um... Pirates! Yeah! Pirates are tech-n-i-cally civilians! Because you're not in the army! So... I outrank you!"[/colour] He said in a rather slurred manner, pressing his hoof to his chest, then poking it into Black Mane's with that second part. He then reached for a sword that didn't seem to be there and instead settled on trying to raise a hoof threateningly, and then just falling down onto the floor. He quickly dragged himself back up to his hooves again, and tried to stare down the Captain, but he didn't seem to want to stay still.

The Guard shrugged as the disguised Black Powder trotted past, and down the corridors. He then took up the now empty guard spot, and walked into the room and over to the chair, which he then sat on. Seeing as nopony else was scheduled to look in here for a while, he pulled a hip flask of rum out of one of his pockets and took a long draught. The pirate could rest for a bit, it was a rare moment to get a secluded spot of the ship away from any officers to enjoy some fine contraband. The prisoner would just whine and probably try to steal some, better that he stay asleep.

([colour=#00ff00]Lance[/colour] locks away his journal and orders the troops to not fraternise with the pirates. [colour=#ffa500]True Majesty[/colour] engages[colour=#a52a2a] Soul Flare[/colour] about whether he is a pirate or not. [colour=#00ffff]Royal Range[/colour] keeps the ship on course for Colt's Cove. [colour=#ffa500]Brass Tacks[/colour], now completely drunk, argues with Black Mane. The [colour=#0000ff]Guard[/colour] who replaces Drill hides away in the locked room to drink some rum.)