Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Open)

Valencetiger

Dopple-Gangers eyebrow rose. The queen rarely excluded him from anything so he could only imagine how important this must be. It made sense though with all the leaders she was having the meeting with. He nodded at the ambassador and asked "How go things with our 'allies'?" he hated the fact that he works with those wretches If it were up to him he wouldve destroyed them the first chance he got. But it wasn't his decision and he would never question the order of his queen

Free growled impatiently as he waited for the changeling queen to appear. "Come on........" He grumbled as he paced about "Where the hell is she......." The stallion walked out in front of the house the princess was supposed to be at. He trotted over to the house slowly, taking a peek inside. It was well furnished, had a nice look to it as well. Probably some undeserving GEF pony then. Free was starting to calm himself down when he spotted to specs up in the sky. One had a rainbow coloured mane, the other was a....... "Oh buck." Free whispered as he realised it was Chrysalis talking with Rainbow Dash. The whole thing had probably just been a set up to get him behind bars again. Besides, even if Princess Cadence was inside, she probably wouldn't recognize him. "Screw the changelings." Free growled, beginning to look for somewhere he could get into the house. A small open window presented itself to him. The stallion climbed up and slipped through the opening quietly, his years of black ops training kicking in. He walked over to the top of the stairway near silently, hearing voices from downstairs. One sounded like an old Stallion, the other.......... Sweet Celestia it was Cadence. She was alive. Free crept downstairs quietly, pulling out his knife incase the other pony was armed. He poked his knife round the door of what sounded like the kitchen, watching the reflection off of it. Cadence was unharmed, but he doubted her mental state was in perfect condition after being without her husband for five years. Slowing his breathing down, he prepared to step into the kitchen. Free rounded the corner slowly, looking Cadence in the eye, even though his face was masked by the hood. "Princess Cadence?" he asked, trying to hide his voice in case the other pony was with the GEF and made a break for it. He pulled his hood down slowly, hoping she would remember him.

The ambassador turned around, since he was about to leave, but all changelings had their orders to be polite to whoever the Queen says so and answer their questions - Doppelganger was one of those favored ones. "Our allies, namely the freelancers and RLF seem eager to cooperate with us, what in my honest opinion surprises me. Especially the RLF should bear a grudge against us, but nevertheless they allowed us to safe their royal, who will indoubtly be the new queen if they can remove the GEF from the surface of Equestria."

His face became focused and he was visibly thinking about something.

"And I have to say that I don't understand Chrysalis." He just got the attention of all the changelings around them. "She is saying that she wants to side with the weakest side until it gets stronger than the others. If they reach equal power she is hoping for a war that will eradicate a lot of strength from every faction, so we are by far stronger then they are and can conquer this land", he walked up and down the room, "I get it to this point. But why is she so eager to get that one royal? The RLF need their queen or they cannot form a new monarchy. Indoubtly she would be a good pawn, but for what? She did even agree to let one of the RLF leaders come with her - nevertheless I believe Queen Chrysalis will lead us to a better future." Ending his doubts with this sentence made the other changelings think without seeing him as a possible traitor.

Chrysalis was very aware of her surroundings when she was talking to Rainbow Dash. After hearing her answer (so Val you can write something after this post) she saw someone or something - a mere shadow - vanish through an open window in the house she suspected Cadence to be in.[colour=#009966] 'Darn - that might be Cadence herself - maybe even some Black Ops from the GEF - I cannot let whoever it is screw over my plan.'[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"I'm sorry Chancellor, I need to prepare myself - I hope I see you again"[/colour], she answered politely and gave her a seductive wink but then quickly flew away the opposite direction of the house.

After a certain distance she landed and changed to an GEF guard, a unicorn with scratched out symbols of the GEF - a sign that Cadence or whoever is with her hopefully would recognize.

Chrysalis walked over to the house and knocked on the door - a guard checking a house was far less suspicious than one jumping in through a back window. She was prepared to be attacked at once and would freeze whoever opens the door at once with her magic.

The Director was in his office, it was huge, quiet and grand in front of the office was a hologram of a unknown star that looked similar to the sun as his chair was was in the center with advanced holographic screens filled with feeds of information on just about everything that was happening in Equestria from Political, Military even Scientific and Domestic feeds anything that happened in Equestria it would've showed on these information feeds he watched them intently and smiled amusingly as the GEF military feeds filled with panicked bursts of transmissions, the GEF was still reeling after the blows they took from the constant Freelancer raids that set their technological advances back decades, admiring the chaos he ensued the GEF was in disarray after the successful results of Tex's raid at the tower he doubted that the GEF would get very far in their search for Freelancer.

Freelancer struck a blow to the GEF's heart and the GEF didn't feel it yet but when the next phase of the Director's plan commenced the GEF will feel it, they were looking for Freelancers how very typical and very predictable but GEF will find only shadows and rumours their curiousity was proving annoying but good opportunities had arose from that raid as Freelancer had aquired valuable intel on GEF targets after a few moments the Director smirked as he thought of the perfect decoy against the GEF while Freelancer prepared to launch phase 2 of it's plan, the RLF and to a lesser extent Changeling forces would prove a excellent distraction they've always wanted payback on the GEF for their crushing defeats in the great war with a copy of the intel and some anonymous backing, the RLF and Changelings would divert the GEF's full attention away from Freelancer to combat these new threats.

The Director tapped into the built in communications device in his chair and keyed it to the Counselor's freqeuncy, "Counselor, ready the packages to be sent to our..."Allies" and prepare the Twin agents for mission readiness."

"Yes Director, it will be done." the Counselor's voice replied cleanly through the comms.

The Director sat back in his chair and countinued watching the feeds carefully contemplating the next move for the Freelancers, while he was against helping the Changelings they proved a valuable distraction but he would have to put them down if they prove to be too interfering or too dangerous for their own good in the grand Freelancer scheme of things.

Rainbow Dash had a furious look on her face, having crashed into Chrysalis. Why didn't the cursed changeling watch where she was going...?! She didn't have time for this! However, apparently the changeling queen wanted to speak with her, so she might as well listen...ugh, she was disgusted by changelings, but she never let it apparent. Listening with an interested expression, her expression went from furious to curious, then to doubting. Despite Chrysalis' size and Rainbow Dash's previous engagements with her...she didn't feel at all intimidated. The Bracelet the Red Fox gave her would make her completely able to throw the creature aside like a leaf in a storm...

[colour=#ffa07a]"...how can you be so sure that Cadence is here, Chrysalis? Also, why would she be here of all places? It simply doesn't make sense. Does she have a death wish...?"[/colour]

However, it didn't seem like Chrysalis heard her, for the changeling had offered her apologies and flew off. Shaking her head, she glanced down at the house the changeling queen was heading to. Why...why was she going to the Acadamy Headmaster's home...? Frowning slightly, she turned away from the direction of the house, and began to fly off toward the Citadel. Oh no...she was going to be late...! The Red Fox will surely punish her terribly if she didn't arrive on time...!

Gladius heard the knocking from inside the kitchen, frowning. Who could be here at this hour...? With a sigh, he told Fermata he would return, and went out into the hall. Quietly approaching the door, the old stallion wondered what, or who, was out there...could it be one of his students? A guard? It mattered little, of course...he had committed no crime. Looking out the window on the door, he could tell that the pony was a guard...but something felt off about it. Opening the door cautiously, he looked the guard up and down.

[colour=#4b0082]"...good evening, officer. Is there something I can assist you with...?"[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Yes there is"[/colour], Chrysalis said, moving Gladius inside of the house with her magic and closing the door behind her, then changing back to her normal form - obviously scaring whoever could see her. Nevertheless she was quiet and everyone in this house would also not scream out loud.

[colour=#009966]"I know Cadence is here"[/colour], the stallion lost all the colour in his face, [colour=#009966]"and I talked with chancellor Rainbow Dash that I will hand her over to the GEF, so they can do whatever they want with her."[/colour] She held the pony in place with her magic, not wanting to be stabbed or worse before she comes to the fun part.

[colour=#009966]"Now now, don't look so scared and desperate. Imagine if the Cadence they capture would just be a changeling while you are safe with the RLF and ... well me."[/colour] She was not ready to reveal her full plans yet, but this offer should be very tempting already.

[colour=#009966]"I know that neither you nor Cadence trust me - especially after the last time we met, but things have changed, to the worse, even for us. I would like to explain, but our time is limited. Either take my decayed hoof or die here today - I wish the leader of the RLF would be here to support my cause."[/colour]

Free's eyes widened as he heard Chrysalis talking. He moved up to behind her while she was preocupied with the other pony, and then held his knife to her throat. "I am here. Now let him go." The stallion growled into Chrysalis' ear, pressing the tip of his knife up to the Changelings throat. It was enough to annoy Free that she had made plans without his consent, more to storm in like this. "Wouldn't want to get Changeling blood all over this lovely carpet now would we?" He said sarcastically, but not with a hint of humour in his voice at all.

Gladius's mouth went dry upon hearing the changeling queen's words. The pony he had taken in...was Princess Cadence?! Impossible...she looked nothing like the Cadence from before the revolution. But...wait...the RLF? What did Chrysalis mean? Oh no...this wasn't good. He had no particular love of the GEF, but...he didn't want to bring about their wrath. He had seen the Red Fox in all its dark splendor before...back when few knew who it was and how it had fought during the Revolution. It...it was a monster, and he wanted no part of it. Goodness, he sounded like a coward in his own mind...! Perhaps it was his old age talking, but he couldn't tell.

[colour=#4b0082]"I-I can't abandon my duties as the Academy's Headmaster...there needs to be somepony who can put a sense of honor and virtue in this bleak world. Besides, I tha-"[/colour]

He shut his mouth upon seeing the pony behind Chrysalis, who had its knife against her throat. Wait...was that...Free?! He thought his old friend in the REA was dead...and yet here he was, trying to save his life. What...what was going on? This was too confusing...

[colour=#009966]"You mean, lovely changeling blood over this flithy rag right?"[/colour], she said, grinning evil or seductively, however you want to look at it. Her magic faded. [colour=#009966]"No need to hold him in place any longer. I told you that I have a plan but I couldn't risk anyone screwing it up, thats also why I had to come in here beforehand. I have a changeling waiting for my orders closeby - lets say when my plan works out the GEF will think they have Cadence and no longer search for her while we can hide her in a safe spot - in other words, my hive. Noone would ever expect her to be there." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Cadence in a changeling hive sounded so wrong - but noone could argue that it was probably the best spot to hide her. [/colour][colour=#009966]"I apologize if it is confusing for you"[/colour][colour=#000000], she looked at Gladius, [/colour][colour=#009966]"but the Princess needs to come with me, agreed Free? Your duties here, hiding her, will not be forgotten."[/colour]

Lypris smiled. [colour=#800000]"Of course sir, of course." [/colour]She cocked her head, confused, when Dopple gave her formations and battle plans. Not that she wasn't privy to how they worked, she was one of Chrysalis' most highly regarded mages for a reason. But if she had wings, they'd be nervously rubbing against one another right now. [colour=#800000]"Are we expecting an atta-?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The rest of her question was silenced by the arrival of the changeling ambassador. She listened in silence, not really sure if she should even be listening in in the first place. Changeling society could be complicated at times, with all various loyalties and respects payed to one another in a virtually feudal chain of command. Star Swirl himself knew that Lypris had innumerable changelings beneath her who would be forced into awkwardness by her mere entry into their presence. [/colour]

[colour=#800000]"I do not question my Queen. Whatever her will, I will obey." [/colour][colour=#000000]That was all that ever needed to be said. No need for input or thought. Just obedience.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]-----[/colour]

Cadence was a decent cook, and that skill hadn't been undone by years of disuse, it seemed. Of course, Gladius seemed insistent on being the one to prepare their dinner. 'Fermata' wordlessly complied, stepping away from the carrot she had been magically peeling and into a corner of the kitchen. She mused to herself for a moment, how interesting it was that the first place she instinctively went to was the corner of a room. [colour=#ee82ee]"I was... relatives, yes..." [/colour][colour=#000000]That wasn't even a lie. Cadence had come to the ruins of Canterlot as they were being rebuilt to find the fate of the royal family. Oh god, had she found it. 'Fermata' stood quietly when Gladius told her he'd be back. She was stock still, no hoof pawing at the ground, no wings struggling futility against their binding, no idle magic. It was silent for a minute. There were dull noises coming from the other room... wait, was that the metal of a weapon being drawn? Cadence trotted dully over to the door frame, looking out.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Well... there was a face she hadn't seen in forever. Her heart inadvertently jumped. It was odd, but seeing Chrysalis reminded Cadence of her husband in a very visceral way. [/colour][colour=#ee82ee]"..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Cadence cocked her head to one side, trying to figure out what the hay was going on here. [/colour]

Inside the Federation's Citadel at the center of Equinia, the Chancellors were arriving from their several lands and charges. Some teleporting in by magical means, others flying in on natural and iron wings. The air around the Citadel buzzed with a form of pressure...one that seemed to put every pony on edge. Something was going to happen this night...every pony felt it. The doors of the Red Fox's Reality Chamber opened from the inside, as two Shade Corps stepped out and stood on guard, their faces expressionless as the Chancellors began to file in. The Red Fox sat on its onyx chair, giving off an intense aura that chilled a few of the Chancellors to the bone. Rainbow Dash looked nervously at the Red Fox, before sitting down like the others and placing her Bracelet in the mechanism on the table, as each of the others did the same, their bracelets sinking into the iron and fading from view, a bright glow coming from where they once were. Everything went silent as the Red Fox began to speak.

[colour=#ff0000]"...greetings, Chancellors of the Federation, my chosen ones. As you may be well aware, tonight is the evening of our glorious government's fifth anniversary. In the simple time of five years, we have accomplished much, and have strengthened our influence and the interests of Ponykind. However, there are still ponies who seek to get in our way, who seek to revert to the old and out-dated ways of the world. This...we cannot allow. It has come to my attention that our enemies are organizing against us...for our spies extend far beyond what our rivals believe. It seems...that the RLF has finally found the former Princess, Cadence...and has allied itself with the Changelings. I call this council to discuss how we shall act upon this treachery..."[/colour]

The Red Fox's words caused murmurs throughout the chamber, the seven chancellors conversing on what this could me. One of them, the Chancellor Venomatia from New Stalliongrad, stood up to offer his voice. [colour=#800080]"My agents in the Loyalist's movement recently confirmed your suspicions, Great Master. They organize against us...and will no doubt would have made their move soon if you had not ordered the purging of those scum." [/colour]Many of the other Chancellors nodded in agreement as Venomatia sat down. The Red Fox, however, simply narrowed its eyes.

[colour=#ff0000]"...the elimination of those cells was only a setback for them. They still possess large numbers...although they have been greatly reduced. Just because they cannot strike at every single one of our outposts does not mean they won't decide to attack one of our major cities. But besides the RLF, we have another threat to worry about...a group named the Freelancers. They were a scientific organization that existed back in the days of the old government, but have disappeared...until now. From what my Archmage here could gather, they are exceptionally dangerous, and possess technology far greater than ours."[/colour]

This caused another wave of murmurs, this time far more concerned and urgent. Another Chancellor, by the name of Moon Scryer, stood up, speaking up as her voice echoed throughout the now-silent chamber. [colour=#40e0d0]"...I can testify to your information, Great Master. One of the Shade Corps managed to capture an agent of the Freelancers...it has refused to talk so far, but I think we shall soon break its will and take whatever information we wish from its mind." [/colour]Sitting back down, the mare looked past the Red Fox and at Chronarch, her eyes narrowed slightly in curiosity. The chronomage was a mystery to her...to all of the Chancellors...and he often made her as uneasy as the Red Fox did at times.

[colour=#ff0000]"Excellent. There is one last thing on our agenda, before we get into our decisions...for the past three years, I have been in the preparation of a spell of immense strength, one that will no doubt prevent the likes of any more traitors and spies within our ranks. At first, the idea was to remove the choice of loyalty from our soldiers...but I have come to see that as the wrong way to go about this. So, the spell shall be modified so that I will always maintain an eye over our subordinates...always watching, always listening. This will discourage treachery, and allow us to act upon it quickly if it were to surface." [/colour]All the chancellors remained silent at that proclaimation. A spell like that...it would have to be on an incredible scale, unlike anything the Federation had ever seen. If their sovereign was capable of controlling such a powerful feat...what else was the creature able to do? The very thought made many of them sick to their stomachs, wondering in what way the Red Fox would use its power...and why it hadn't done so already.

Rainbow Dash finally stood up, her eyes narrowed. [colour=#ffa07a]"...Great Master, are you absolutely certain that is the best way to monitor the Federation? Surely you know that if you were to cast such a spell, and that every pony in our government were to swear the Oath...even you would be overwhelmed with all their thoughts and sensations." [/colour]At this, the Red Fox began an unnatural laughter, throwing back its head as its cackles shook the chamber around them. After a few moments of chilling suspense, the Red Fox finally settled down and fixed Rainbow Dash with an amused gaze.

[colour=#ff0000]"...oh yes, I understand that completely, Chancellor Dash. Which is why I will not be in charge of the spell...I will choose a pony who is utterly loyal to me, and make them into our very own Oracle. It will be that pony's duty to watch over the entire Federation...and punish with absolute force. It would have to be somepony with a strong will...and an even stronger heart." [/colour]Leaning back, the Red Fox finished its speech as Rainbow Dash sat down, a horrified look on her face. The same expression was mirrored by quite a few other chancellors, uncertain whether they heard their leader correctly.

(P.S. This is what would be playing in the background.

Bwahaha...)

Free removed his knife from the changelings throat, but still held kept it near. He didn't trust the queen one bit. "Nice to see you too old man." Free grinned at Gladius. "As for Cadence, I would like to speak to her first before you ship her off to your hive. She's probably going to need a bit of persuading." Free walked over to the princess, looking at Cadence, before bowing his head slightly. "Princess Cadence, I know this sounds crazy, but I used to serve with your husband. I know this must be hard for you, but you need to come with me and Chrysalis. We're taking you somewhere safe, where the GEF can't get to you." He said sympathetically, hoping the princess would come willingly.

[colour=#009966]'At least free is being useful for once.'[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"My ambassador and others of my hive who are involved in the GEF politics have informed me of a great gathering today - I am sure the Red Fox wants to ensure their loyalty and fortify their position. With Cadence save we set the first stone to their fall."[/colour] Chrysalis looked very serious now, she feared the GEF for their spies and strength in numbers - if they could at least eliminate their science with the help of the freelancers it would be a great victory. The first big step would be to conquer a major city and set herself or Cadence on a throne - once they are at equal strength. Seeing the Princess look into the room she walked over to her, but not too close. [colour=#009966]"I'm so sorry for what happened five years ago Cadence."[/colour]

Gladius rubbed his limbs when he was released from the magical binding, frowning and grumbling to himself like most old ponies did. Upon hearing Chrysalis' words, he looked up and his eyes darted between the changeling, Free, and Cadence. They...they had to be insane, surely. It was happening all over again, it seemed...another rebellion...more spilled blood...would Equestria ever truly have peace? He didn't wish Cadence any harm...certainly not. But he couldn't let her get absorbed into another power-struggle...she deserved better than that.

[colour=#4b0082]"...if you are taking Princess Cadence, then you will have to take me along too. I know all of Equinia's secret passageways and underground routes...I can get us out without drawing the GEF's attention." [/colour]He wasn't going to let them take advantage of the poor alicorn...especially Chrysalis. He knew she couldn't be trusted...so he had best serve as the former Princess' right-hand guard.

Despite the fact that Chrysalis hated to already have Free with her she did not see how she should make Gladius stay, except kill him or cripple him - but that certainly was not what she wanted, Cadence would be mad at her. [colour=#009966]"Fine"[/colour], she said, her voice sounding like she was annoyed, [colour=#009966]"you come with us, it might be better anyway to not leave behind any witnesses of this meeting."[/colour] The queen turned back to Cadence to look at her.[colour=#009966] "I cannot imagine what happened to you the last years Princess, but once you are with me in my hive things will become better, I promise."[/colour]

Chrysalis knew that noone would believe her words or feel okay with Cadence being with her. If she could just tell them all about her real intensions - but no, she had to fake being a nice addition to this resistance and if they grow too suspicious tell them her fake plan of controlling whole Equestria.

Cadence was silent for just a moment, considering what every other pony- or changeling- was saying.

[colour=#EE82EE]"You used to know Shining Armor...? Do you know what happened to him?" [/colour][colour=#000000]The question seemed innocuous, free of emotional burden, but Cadence's eyes told a different story. They were already trembling and moist. That they were talking about her like an object in their plans bothered her little. She was an object, a symbol of a long gone monarchy. If being that object would bring harmony back to Equestria, then perhaps being that object was what she had to be. She waved off Chrysalis' apology. [/colour][colour=#ee82ee]"No point apologizing for the distant past..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She trailed off. What would have happened, what would the future have been like if Chrysalis hadn't been stopped at her wedding? It had been so long ago, that Cadence forgot that the Changeling attack had ever even been an issue. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]And she would have Gladius with her... for what that counted for, anyways. Cadence didn't know any of these ponies. But trust was a luxury that the desperate and the despairing couldn't afford to keep. [/colour]

"I will go willingly." [colour=#000000]It seemed like an odd question to ask, but it suddenly occurred to Cadence, [/colour][colour=#ee82ee]"May I take off my saddle? Brush the ash off my cutie mark? If I'm to go further into hiding, then masking my appearance won't be necessary anymore..."[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"After you send me miles away from Canterlot at the wedding I did lose track of Shining Armor - there are rumors that he got killed by the Red Fox himself"[/colour], if those rumors were true or false was up for debate, but a little wrath in the cute face of Cadence wouldn't hurt, after all she is the one to replace the Red Fox if they can restore the monarchy.

Chrysalis focus was on getting Cadence trust - if she can accomplish that she is one step closer to her true goal and she can let Cadence go her own ways.

[colour=#009966]'Maybe some empathy can break the ice.'[/colour] The queen moved closer to Cadence, very slowly, removing her saddle with her magic and brushing off the ash from her flank with her tail, which turned out to be extremely soft due to its smooth and thin hairs.

[colour=#009966]"Gladius, you and Free take the Princess to my hive - I will hand over the fake Cadence to the GEF. Whenever you are ready Cadence."[/colour]

Free nodded his approval, before adding "Sure thing Chrysalis. But we should really get going soon, I have a bad feeling."

Meanwhile, a small dropship decended towards a detainment center. On board was another of the agents of Freelancer, named Washington. "How do I always get stuck on these missions......." The armoured stallion mused, slipping on his helmet.

"Maybe because your always nearly getting yourself killed on missions." The pilot of 469-er chuckled, before adding, "We've reached the drop point. Good luck Wash."

Washington stepped out onto the ground slowly, taking in his surroundings. "Since when do I ever have any luck?" He said to himself, starting the 20-mile foot slog towards the center where a fellow Freelancer agent was being held. He moved quickly, nothing but a black and yellow blur in the night air. Soon enough, he reached the boundaries of the compound, slinging his rifle and taking out a set of binoculars. There were 4 guards stationed on the roof, another 6 on the ground floor. "Well, better get to work." Washington said as he took aim at the nearest guard, firing a quick 3 round burst into the back of the pony's skull. He made sure he shot the guard without his silencer, hoping it would draw attention to the corpse. It worked, as half the guards came to examine their dead comrade. Wash bolted towards the main gate, slipping inside quietly. He grinned, maybe he would be able to pull off a mission without getting shot at after all.

"Freeze!" Wash groaned as he turned around slowly, seeing a guard pointing his weapon at him.

"Do we really have to do this?" Wash asked, tilting his head slightly. The guard was unmoved. "Guess so." Wash said as he stamped his hoof on the ground, activating his armour's built in E.M.P. The guards weapon fell useless to the ground, and Wash charged him, easily winning him over in close combat. The stallion continued through the base, now blacked out and devoid of any electricity what so ever. Eventually he reached the cell block, where he began searching through the prisoners. Soon enough, a familiar face came into view. "How did I guess it was you?" Wash said with a sigh as walked up to C.T.

The chocalate brown mare groaned, clearly even less thrilled to see him than he her. "What did you do wrong this time?" She said, tilting her head.

"Oh nothing that bad, got shot at a couple of times. Any idea where your armour is?" Washington asked.

"Second floor, left wing." C.T replied.

Wash tossed her a pistol before signalling they should get going. The two met little to no resistance as they ran through the base, reaching the room that held her armour. Wash kicked down the door, only to be met with a hail of bullets. He ducked behind the doorframe, before reloading his rifle. "How'd they guess we would come for the armour?" He yelled above the gunfire.

"Dunno. You have shields right?" C.T asked.

"Yeah... why do you ask?" Wash replied.

"I have a plan." C.T yelled, pushing Wash out into the gunfire, crouching behind him as she took out each of the guards in the room one by one.

"This has to be the worst plan ever! Of all time!" Wash yelled as he did his best to take shots at the guards. Surprisingly, C.T's plan worked, and the room was cleared quickly. "Best suit up, I doubt they will be letting us leave very easily." Wash told C.T. After the mare had armoured up, the two ran outside, only to be greeted by the remainder of the guards.

"Thought you could beat the GEF huh?" The commander asked them as he stepped out of line. "Drop your weapons!" He yelled, but it was getting hard to hear because of a low humming noise, which was getting closer by the second.

"Hey is it just me or is he getting quieter...." Wash asked C.T, who shrugged, before turning around slowly.

"MOVE!" She yelled, throwing Wash and her behind the nearest peice of cover. A huge explosion rocked most of the base, destroying it nearly completely.

"Sorry about that guys!" 469-er said through the radio, chuckling. "Sending extraction point now."

Washington and C.T pushed debree off of them, looking around slowly. The base was in ruins, the GEF would barely be able to find anything at all.

Washington whistled loudly, before adding, "That's one way to make sure they can't trace us." The two jogged towards the extraction point, where 469-er was waiting for them patiently. Soon enough they were away, and heading back to Freelancer H.Q.

Dopple-Ganger has had enough he was furious as to what was going on. Not only did he not know what the welfare of the Queen was but this ambassador was saying odd things. "You best watch your words!...What your saying could be conisdered treason in some eyes." He glared at the ambassador. "You are dismissed! Get out of my sights before I take my angers on you!" He hissed as the ambassador left and turned toward Lypis. "He is a weak fool and our Queen will hear of his idealism." he took a deep breath. "Lypis I want all of our forces on alert if no sign of her returns soon. We must assume the worst."

Draxis shot poisonous glares at the ponies that eyed him and his prisoner, instantly shutting up any possible questions. He took them into a back room separated from the main structure of the building by nothing more than a cold concrete wall and a steel door. The room was spartan, and that was being generous. Nothing more than a metal table, two chairs and an unnaturally bright lamp.

He sat Draco down and removed the restrains and cuffs from the strange hybridized pony, he gestured towards one of the seats as he took his position at the table.

[colour=#008080]"Let's get a few things straight, first things first: I don't really give a darn about how you feel, I saw how ponies looked at you out there. I don't want to her your sob story, the only reason I did what I did for you was to sate my own curiosity, but If I'm order to turn you over I will. Secondly You are to behave as a prison would when not in my presence, do you understand?"[/colour] The changeling spoke with a cold dispassion that was matched only by the stone walls that surrounded them. Draxis pulled out his blade and began to study the blade, a terrible habit born from boredom. He had likely frightened the pony so which could only hurt his chances of uncovering this mystery, his only choice was to bring the pony's defenses down with small talk, which would hurt his pride.

[colour=#008080]"So, What's your name?"[/colour] Draxis asked as twirled his blade.

Draco had dropped unceremoniously on the floor and got up his pride was nonexistent so it was not hurt but he had some dignity as he sat down. then the pony spoke with a voice as cold as the steel he had in his hoof. he nodded when asked that he behave like he was in prison having never been in a prison he would do what he would normally keep his head down and stay quiet. the guard started the interrogation with a question of his name.

[colour=#008000]"D-d-d-d-Draco."[/colour] he stuttered

Chronarch sat contently next to The Red Fox, his half lidded expression never changed, not even when the chancellors whispered and mumbled among themselves. The Archmage scanned the faces of the crowds and saw the concerns on spread across the muzzles of the ponies in the room. He looked over to the Red Fox without ever shifting his form. The look in his eyes said that the point had been made.

[colour=#009966]"Yes Free is right Princess, whenever you are ready we can go"[/colour], Chrysalis said, wanting to make sure she is safely escorted to her hive before she lets her alone, [colour=#009966]"I want us to meet again - sir name a position."[/colour] She turned at Gladius. Of course Chrysalis is not going to the GEF and then leave the Princess alone with those guys - who knows where they go?

Dopple sat impatiently. He was goona wait only a few hours longer and then he would take action. He had the forces prepared to move out to Canterlot. It was her last known location. If he had to he would burn the city to the ground to find her. Knowing that his queen was in possible danger was tearing him apart. If something were to happen to her his rage would be an uncontrolable rage upon the land. He would unleash such fury that even the Red Fox would quiver with fear. He was known only for his ruthlessness but if the queen was hurt the ponies would not only begin to see how angry he could get.