A Ponyville Wedding, Part 1 Final Preparations (Invite&Open)

IceStorm

[colour=#000080]Tonight was the big evening. In less than four hours Ice would be walking down the isle to be wed to the stallion of her dreams. She only hoped that all of the guests that she had invited showed up. She had it scheduled at Ponyville Park. It was one of her favorite places in Ponyville so it only made sense for the wedding to be held there, not to mention the fact that it was the only way to get everypony from Ponyville to fit if they did choose to come. After all, she had invited all of Ponyville, and some friends from outside, and the princesses. While she was doubtful that the princesses would show up, seeing as they were usually very busy, she figured it would be a good sediment to invite them anyway, especially Princess Luna. She had been receiving more recognition yes, but still she felt that it was always a good thing to show her that she was very much accepted and loved in Equestria. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Right now the only thing that she could do to keep her mind from going into all of the what ifs was just keep waling around in her store, which, in all honesty was hurting more than it was helping. The more that she walked around the more nervous she got. The butterflies that were in her stomach right now felt like Lunar moths trying to fly up her throat and escape from her. She finally decided to attempt to chill down with a snow cone, hoping that it would help take her mind off of everything so that she would keep over thinking things.[/colour]

[colour=#000080]Then her mind came across one stunning thought. What if her parents actually showed up to this? She never sent them an invitation, so they shouldn't even know about it, but then again if they truly missed her, they surely would have gone to Princess Celestia to try to have her help find me. After all, a missing foal isn't anything to turn a nose at. And if they had, it would make sense that the Princess would tell them about the wedding and to attend to see if it was the correct pony or not. What would she do if her parents did show up? What would everypony else think of her? She finally folded her hooves with a sigh.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Why do weddings have to be so stressful?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked herself sarcastically before her head slammed down onto a table.[/colour]

Lore was making his way theough Ponyville when he passed by Ice Storm's stand. It made him stop and think about how quicjkly time passed by. it seemed like only yesterday that the purple unicorn had met her in Ponyville and helped her find a place to stay. Now both had successful jobs and were well established in the community. It was, however, bittersweet when Ice had found her own home and moved out of Lore's house. While he was thrilled she was doing so well, he liked the company that she provided and now with her gone the place seemed quiet. But now was a time for joy as Ice was getting married. Lore didn't know much about her betrothed, but he knew that if Ice loved him enough to marry, then this other pony was ok in his book.

Approaching closer, Lore was surprised to see Ice at the stand. He figured that she'd be home preparing for the wedding rather than working. Oddly enough her head was down on the table.

[colour=#800080]"Ice, are you ok?"[/colour]

[colour=#000080]The small bells on the door of her shop ran as she heard a customer enter the store. She thought ti was odd because she didn't remember opening up the store today, but never the less it was something to take her mind off the stress. She looked up to see that it was Lore Weaver, and the first think out of his mouth was if she was okay. She let out a small sigh and pushed herself up and walked over behind her counter. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just really stressed. I just want everything to go perfect tonight and I know that unfortunately there are so many ways that things can go wrong. The biggest thing that I'm worried about though, are my parents showing up and ruining everything! They've never been in my life before, and I doubt they even care honestly. The only way they'd even know of the wedding was if they were actively trying to seek me out and went to Princess Celestia and then she informed them of the wedding,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said letting out a sigh. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"The thing that I'm most worried about is if they do show up... well honestly, if they show up it's more recognition than I've ever gotten from them before anyway..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she said trailing off.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Can I male you something Lore?"[/colour]

Lore understood the fact that she would be worried about her wedding. Even though he was not married, he knew from others that were that although a wedding was a happy time, it could also be a stressful time to make sure everything was perfect, or as close to perfect as possible.

Then there was the matter of her parents. Lore knew that the arrival of her parents would bring up many bad memories of the past, something unwelcomed especially on such a happy day.

[colour=#800080]"Well first of all, congratulations on your big day! I do think it's going to be perfectly fine and I do hope it goes fine. Yes things could go wrong, but I'd just worry about what you can control rather than the 'what ifs' you can't. A wedding should be happy after all rather than stressful. As for your parents, if they weren't in your life before, I doubt they'd show up now. But if they do, just go about your day as if they weren't there unless they actually talk to you. Again you should be happy and not let anything like bad memories affect your day."[/colour]

Lore was confused about what Ice said about smailing something to him.

[colour=#800080]"Well, you can definitely mail something to me. But if you want to talk to me about something, I'm all ears."[/colour]