Charged Rhythm [Final]

Chocoswirl

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Charged Rhythm (Likes to be called Charge, or Rhythm.)

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Colour & Style: Charge has a medium length and messy/spiky dark blue mane. His tail is also medium length, and spiky.

Physique: Charge is a slightly tall stallion, but other than that, he's nothing out of the ordinary from a normal stallion.

Cutie Mark: A large concert speaker with the plug and wire hanging out. The speaker represents his talent for machines. It also serves sort of like a remembrance for the first machine he helped to fix.

Origin/Residence: Charged Rhythm often loves traveling, as he likes seeing the sights of Equestria. When not traveling, he resides at home in Manehattan

Occupation: Mechanical Engineer. He also often works with other simple machines.

Motivation: His motivation is to continue working with the simple electronics Equestria has today, and someday create/design something advanced, that could possibly help most of Equestria.

Likes: Music, Machinery, Intelligence, Traveling, Peace and Quiet (Once in a while)

Dislikes: Stupidity, Carelessness, Random Screaming (or any other nuisance in general)

Character Summary:

Charged Rhythm was born in Manehattan to his two parents and an older brother. Charged was a timid colt, always unsure of things, and often needed assistance and guidance from family or friends for many things. His parents often tried coaxing him to try and be more outgoing, but only to find themselves failing to do so, as the little colt wouldn’t budge from his shell. However, his brother did a rather great job at this, as Charged admired his brother. His brother was calm, cool, and relaxed, but wasn’t afraid to go out there and make some friends. As Charged grew a bit older, he decided to put on a mask over his true personality, and began to act like his brother. Cool, calm, relaxed, and always willing to do something fun. What pushed him to keep going like this, was his desire to be just like his brother. Soon enough, he kept this act going on for so long, it felt like a part of him. Soon, this mask burned into the face of his personality, becoming a part of him, although his true personality still hiding underneath somewhere in his emotions and memories.

As a young colt, Charged often stayed inside to tend to quieter activities. During his time indoors, he took a curiosity to the simple machines his parents often worked with, along with listening to peaceful music, and sometimes the occasional loud music. Taking his time to study the machines, he learned more and more, until he had a very decent knowledge of the machines. He didn’t much about why he found them so interesting, except for the fact that they worked quite strangely and differently. One day, he and his parents were attending a party, and the large speakers that had been playing the music had suddenly stopped working. No one else knew much about how to operate them, so Charged decided to take up the opportunity to put his skills to the test. Also, Charged had been a very big fan of music, and would’ve hated to have to go the whole time without music as he wasn’t doing much, so he was more than glad to help out. After a bit of tinkering and rearranging, the speakers had begun to work yet again. Soon enough, the party was a triple celebration. One was for the original intent of the party, second was that the music was saved, and third, was that the little colt had earned his cutie mark. A concert speaker. It represented his talent and knowledge for machinery, using the speaker as a remembrance of the first machine he managed to fix. A bit later on in his life, Charged took an interest in mechanical machinery, and began working in that field. He still, however, has an extensive knowledge on other kinds of machinery.

Currently, Charged Rhythm lives in a house in the heart of Manehattan. One day, he took a trip to the bar, as he was a somewhat regular customer of theirs. Charged didn’t really drink much, as he mostly just went there to chat with friends. On that day, there was construction work being done near the bar, but Charged was allowed in anyway. While watching the construction workers do their job, one of the construction workers accidentally knocked over Charged’s drink, ending up in a mess. Apologetically, the pony who knocked it over bought him another drink, and although they had their differences, the two became friends. However, after a while, their friendship soon escalated, and the two were just more than friends.

Charged’s personality changed drastically from when he was a colt. He now maintains a cool, calm, collected, and slightly outgoing personality. He’s open towards others, but you can still tell he’s being a bit reserved at times. He has a vast knowledge of machinery. However, his inner self is rather timid, unsure, and often needs coaxing out of his shell, just as when he was a colt. He only (unknowingly) reveals his inner self to his coltfriend, Omega, As he feels more comfortable and safe around him. Charged also occasionally wears a pair of green headphones around his neck.

Art by very talented artists! (More To Be Added Later On):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9k9pbl1ghntm1z/Large-and-%28in%29-Charged.png

By LovinMoonlight

tumblr_m8z6ilScDi1rwsqr7o1_400.jpg

By Kryptchild

http://www.canterlot...&attach_id=2020

By PurpleBird

And two more by moi (Large Sized):

6gle84.jpg

gallery_4033_534_37577.jpg

Hi Chocoswirl!

Overall, this app is well written, all of the required fields filled.

Sadly, I must inform you that in Mane RP (like in the cartoon) there are NO electronics (or electricity, according to Lauren Faust) in the land of Equestria. Yes, it is true pony DJ such as Vinyl Scratch have 'speakers' and 'turntables', but those are just PRIMITIVE devices, more like 'turn of the 19th century' technology. Believe me, I've tried to argue with the Staff here about the existance of electricity, but I lost. Apparently, devices such as lights, kitchen equipment and other such things run on magic, NOT electrical energy.

This means all reference to electricity as well as this pony's career as an Electrical Engineer must be rewritten before further consideration of approval can be given.

• Like 1

Hi Chocoswirl!

Overall, this app is well written, all of the required fields filled.

Sadly, I must inform you that in Mane RP (like in the cartoon) there are NO electronics (or electricity, according to Lauren Faust) in the land of Equestria. Yes, it is true pony DJ such as Vinyl Scratch have 'speakers' and 'turntables', but those are just PRIMITIVE devices, more like 'turn of the 19th century' technology. Believe me, I've tried to argue with the Staff here about the existance of electricity, but I lost. Apparently, devices such as lights, kitchen equipment and other such things run on magic, NOT electrical energy.

This means all reference to electricity as well as this pony's career as an Electrical Engineer must be rewritten before further consideration of approval can be given.

Sure thing! But can he still work with machinery? Like mechanical machinery? Or is that too much as well?

Sure thing! But can he still work with machinery? Like mechanical machinery? Or is that too much as well?

I'd say its fine, my character was approved with references to the father being a mechanical engineer specializing in creating devices using gears to help construction and the like, in fact we have seen construction items in Mare Do Well that likely used mechanical principles, and Flim Flam's SCS6K. So long as they are mechanical based and use gears and basic principles that were available in the 19th century, it should be fine. Remember, there were mechanical items long predating electricity. There are many non-electrical power sources. Basic steam power and wound springs are two major ones that I'd assume Equestria has in addition to magical power (which we know is used thanks to Flim and Flam, so I'd agree with staff canon on that one, since they specifically said "We provide the magic to power it"). I'd surmise they have special ways to hold magical energy to power certain things, like Twilight's gagetry or medical equipment which I THINK we saw in Read it and Weep.