Picture of Static Arc:

staticarcoc_v_2_by_flameddragoag-d5hl562.jpg

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Static Arc

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Light Blue

Coat colour: Dark Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Mane is slightly spiked, messy and has two colours, yellow and light blue. Tail is the same colour as mane but with a medium length, unkempt style.

Physique: Fairly muscular from flying, fit and toned.

Cutie Mark and its Meaning: An orange coloured shield with three points on the top, one on the bottom, with three lighning bolts in the shield, with the middle one lower than the rest. Staric's Cutie Mark reprsents his devotion and strong will to protect over people who need it, as well as being loyal to his family, as shown with the shield. The lighning bolts represent his skill with kicking lighning bolts out of clouds in a precise manner.

Origin/Residence: Current residence in Cloudsdale, lives in a small house, lived in Cloudsdale all of his life with his mother and father, but would like to see other places, like Canterlot.

Occupation: Works in the clouds section of the Cloudsdale Weather Factory, specifically making sure that each cloud has the right amount of electricity in it, and to make sure that it won’t malfunction and send out excess electricity, shocking and harming the pegasi.

Motivation: One of his dreams is to be able to read and understand everything about Equestria through history books, understanding the key points from many important events from the past, and the fact of not wanting to dissapoint his family after everything they did to shape him to be who he is, trying even harder the next time he fails at something. He also hopes to make a stand against bullying against "blank flanks", helping out any foal who gets picked on. He would also the at least have a vacation at a big, fancy city at least once in his life.

Likes: Clouds, Country music, flying around at night, standing up for himself in what he believes in, practicing his flying tricks, celery, cucumbers, apple juice, cupcakes, the colour orange, reading history books, being alone, helping others who need it.

Dislikes: Tight spaces, not being able to do anything in an important situation, jerks who pick on other ponies for their "lack" of talent, being shown up by another pegasi in a race, being interupted while he's alone, tomatoes, failing his family.

Character Summary: Static Arc can very well be considered a puzzling pony. He's a very quiet pony who prefers to be alone most of the time, but can talk for himself and make opinions if he needs to. Even though he can, he still has problems with talking to other ponies, and always judges himself on how he is able to talk with other ponies, as he always puts himslef down if he makes a simple mistake. When this happens, all he wants is to fly home and forget about the entire encounter. This is normally because of his lonely nature back when he was a colt in school. He normally likes to spend time inside reading books about history, and listen to some country style music. While he is outside, he practices his flying or goes for a walk around Cloudsdale.

Static Arc can be very defensive about his views and opinions, and always speaks up and challenges those how offend him and others. This can also be a flaw of him, as he can go to far when he argues with somepony, and can get into some fights. He can get very hurt during these moments. Other than that, Static is normally secluded, but not to the point where he spends most of his days indoors.

In Static's foalhood, he was more of loner type of colt, always wanting to do things by himself. While he was in school, he liked to do things alone. He never wanted friends, he always thought that they would only slow him down from what he wanted. Because of this, he often got lost in his head, pondering about life and other things. He was also never the perfect student, even though he didnt have friends to distract him, since he was a bit of a lazy guy, sometimes not wanting to do homework and failing. One thing that Static was really fascinated with was clouds. He always thought he had a very special conection with them, besides him being a pegasus and all. He wondered how those tiny clouds could hold that much rain and lightning, how they could be discharged in from a simple kick,and admired the ponies who worked with them at the Factory, jealous of how lucky they were to find out how they really worked. One time he even tried to sneak into the Weather Factory to the Cloud Section, but was caught before he ever made past the Rainbow Making Room, and was sent home. Boy, was his parents ever mad!

This kind of fascination with clouds ties in a little with his cutie mark story. It all started when he and his only foalhood friend, Quick Whip, were being badly bullied by a group of colts. Now they had their cutie mark while Static and Quick Whip didn't have theirs and were being bullied for it. Static was being held down by a couple of pegasi, preventing him from running to Quick Whip, who was being kicked and stomped on by a few more, who were taunting him. Static wanted to help him, but was to weak to throw off the two on him. He felt a strong need to protect his friend, to defend him from the bullies and prove that "blank flanks" could be just as special and full of talent as well. He couldn't just take his friend being pummelled into the ground just laying around. Summoning that overpowering need to protect his friend, Static threw the bullies of of him with great strength. He then flew up to the nearest cloud he could find, a sent a flurry of kicks into the side of the cloud, sending charge after charge of lightning towards the bullies, flinging them off of Quick Whip and remaining bullies. This torment sent them flying back home, dazed by Static's precise lightning bolts. This acomplishment made Static feel good that he was able to defend his one and only friend, and gave him a clear meaning of what his special talent was: protecting the ones he cared for. That was when he finally earned his cutie mark.

In regards to earning his cutie mark, Static learned a new skill that he is quite proud of, which is being able to precisely kick a cloud and send a bolt of lightning at the spot he chooses. He practises this technique every day, and so far he is getting better at landing his mark more accurately.

Static Arc had a father that he always looked up to. While his mother took care of his needs and wants, his father always looked after him by teaching him to fly, and to be his own pony, to do whatever made him happy. They were always chatting about some random thing, making jokes or flying together. His father was always more of a fun, no rules type of pony.

Static Arc's mother was completely different though, as they never saw eye to eye. She was always more of cautious one, always wanting to keep her "little Stats" away from things that might harm him in any way. Anything that involved practicing his flying high above Cloudsdale or even flying anywhere close to the ground scared her and wanted to steer him away from that sort of life. She wanted him to get a much safer job, like at the Weather Factory working with snowflakes, and to pick up a safer activity, like reading books.

Static Arc and his father bonded the most over this, considering that his father was completely to other way. He wanted him to be the best flyer that Static could be, and be a part of the Wonderbolts.

Because of this outcome, Static appeased his father by practicing his flying everytime he was free, and to be more outgoing in his social life then before, and to fight for what he believes in, while he decided to take a job at the Weather Factory in the cloud department, and to pick up on reading to make his mother happy. Static Arc deciced that working in the more specific "Electrical Safety" part of the cloud making room would be the best choice, considering his secondary skill. He thought he could learn more about the electricity in clouds by working there.

Static Arc doesnt always spend his time in Cloudsdale. He sometimes stops by Ponyville, primarily just to visit and walk the streets, stop by some stores to check out their wares, and then continue on his way. This is normally on his days off from the Weather Factory, or after work when he has more free time.

Static is able to talk to anypony and be friendly, but only to those who stand out to him and is nice. He is an able flier who can hold his own in a race, incredibly defensive and never resists a challenge and almost always makes them himself, a deep thinker when his mind is clear with no distractions, but a hothead when threatened, and an exceptional reader and very articulate.

All of these traits that Static Arc has was a mix of what his father wanted and what his mother wanted, and shaping up this himself so that he was comfortable with it.

Edited by FlameddragoAG

Hello!

Your friendly neighborhood RP Helpstaffer here.

You have an interesting character there. Just a few things you might want to consider with him:

• Applications don't have coloring in it, so you need to remove the yellow and purple. Also, I see some bold tags there. Only the title of each section needs to be bolded.
  • I would remove the fact that Static's family had a magic ability to wrap electricity. Granted Pegesai can manipulate weather, but they can't usually manifest it. So, if you want to keep the ability, I'd add something that it is the manipulation of electricity safely that the family is able to do.
  • You should expand upon your character's history. For example, you mention much about his father. What about his mother? Also you want to mention how he got his cutie mark, how he chose to work in the Weather Factory, his foalhood, things he likes to do besides making sure clouds are charged with electricity, etc.
  • Besides his motivation to find his father, is there anything he personally wants to accomplish like become a Wonderbolt, help keep ponies safe from rogue thunder clouds, etc.

You're on your way to making a great character!

Hey, thanks for replying. I'm sort of new here so im trying to understand this site and roleplaying. I probably should have said WiP instead of FINAL though, I wasn't quite happy with it and I tried to edit it before you guys saw it

But thanks to your feedback, I'll try to fix up my charactor a bit and give it another go.

One small question:

For my charactor to be able to control electricity, does it need to come from somewhere else, like an heirloom or possession that allows him to, and not the fact that the ability is just from his family as a sort of ancestral thing? Like what do I have to do so that it makes sense for him to have this power?

Well, pegasus ponies are magically tied to the magic of the skies and weather. That is why they are able to fly very well, stand on clouds, make snow or rain clouds, etc.

So, with Static's case, it's not like he gets a magic artifact and poof he can control lightning. Nor is it always based on heredity (althought there are ponies in a family who have abilities and professions that are similar like the Apple Family). Mainly a pony has to somehow discover their ability, usually doing something or realizing that this is their ability.

Maybe for Static he liked thunderstorms as a foal, or that he was able to move a storm cloud away from a town when other ponies feared getting zapped by electricity.

alright then, I think I'm ready for another go.

I decided not make his father disappear and changed how he found his power, along with his cutie mark. His parents are also a big part to how my charactor is, even his mother. His electricity powers are also not found with his family or relatives or ancesters, only him.

Also explained his foalhood, how he got his job, and made new motivations for him.

Hope you like it! :)

Ok. I looked at the changes, and the only thing I see is you mentioned Nightmare Moon. We don't allow associations with cast ponies, even if it is just reading about one. You can explore this during an RP, but not on the application.

I am wondering how he manipulates the electricity.

If it is something rather comedic, like rubbing clouds together like you would sheep, cats or balloons, until the cloud is stomped on to release the lightning I think it'll pass (because it's totally within the vein of the show's tone), but if it goes to an actual scientific or he has some kind of superpower we might need to take a step back here depending on the hows of it. :)

Well, the way that I see it is that every pony, earth, unicorn, zebra, whatever, has a hidden magical ability within themselves, as I have read somewhere concerning pony lore, as I also see that every pony has SOME kind of talent, something that they are made foratic's ability is warping electricity, as he discovered it during his cutie mark story, realizing what he had.

As for how he does it, I just figured it as how unicorns do it, using their mind to do what they want. Static just does the same thing, except he isnt a unicorn.

Just to sum things up, unicorns can use magic to everything from levitation to teleportation, while all that Static can do is warp electricity, thats it.

If you need me to explain more in detail, let me know. :)

I dont think its too OP, considering when he uses his ability, he can grow tired, as with any magic. The more he uses it, the more tired he gets. And he doesnt even use it for much, just to enhance his flying tricks, and mabye for self-defence.

Well, the application needs to spend a little time getting finalized, but fear not, you should be able to play as Static soon.

EDIT: added some info to Static's foalhood to make his special talent a bit more obvious. I also added a little to Origin/Residence.

and a small question: how do I add pictures in my posts? I want to add a picture of Static Arc to the thread to give a better idea to what he looks like.

To add pictures, I'd first submit them to an image site like Imigur or Deviant Art. Then what you do it right click the picture and click Properties and highlight and copy the URL there.

Once that's done, there's an icon of a picture that you can click on and enter the URL into the box. The image should then display itself.

What kind of picture file can i upload? Because I followed what you said, I added the picture on my DA and copied the URL to here, but it said that I'm not allowed to use that kind of image extension here. Am I doing something wrong?

The image is from the pony creator site that everyone uses, by the way.

Yes, Jpegs and Pngs work I know.

Edit: The only thing I see that needs to be changed is the fact that he can discharge clouds with his mind. That's something a unicorn can do, not a pegasus. Pegasus ponies can move clouds about and stomp on them to release weather. They can also be part of making he clouds in the Weather Factory. So, why not try that? Also, you can just mention how upon getting zapped, Static was fascinated and found that he was able to move clousds that were charged without fear of getting shocked.