Static Arc [FINAL]

FlameddragoAG

About the fact that Static can not control the electricity with his mind and willpower, in my head cannon, I believe that all ponies can use magic. Unicorns can use any type of magic because of their horns, which I believe is more of a "magic ampifier". Pegasi and Earth ponies are different, is they can only use a specific kind of magic, decided by their special talent, or purpose in life.

All in all, magic can be used by all ponies, with unicorns being the experienced ones because of their "magic amplifiers" while the other species can as well, but it's much more harder for him. Static can control electricity, yet it can be really hard for him, because of the fatigue it can cause him, as I said in my earlier post.

If you still want me to change his ability though, and you dont accept head-cannons, I can still take his skill out and change him entirely, as I can't think of a different way that he would have his talent.

If you still want me to change his ability though, and you dont accept head-cannons, I can still take his skill out and change him entirely, as I can't think of a different way that he would have his talent.

Hi there! I can understand how this can be a bit confusing. Pegasi can manipulate forces that create weather, but for the sake of canon, we don't consider it to be a magical ability, or for it to be possible for a pegasus to wield the elements directly. Part of the charm (and understanding) of weather manipulation is done through the means of flapping wings or placing clouds over certain areas, and it's certainly not an ability that should be taken as an immense power. In FiM, you'll often see groups of pegasi working together to change the weather, so while one pegasus may be able to control the weather over a minute area of Equestria, it would take more numbers to evoke the kind of power you seem to be describing in your application.

My suggestion is tone down the weather manipulation and avoid suggesting it as a magical ability. Remember: if you would not see it in FiM, it's probably not a good idea to put in your application. Avoid being too specific with abilities, as we are forced to check things like that for balance, and they often create frustration. Instead, give details about your character's personality and what he would be like for other characters to meet, and avoid giving him special powers or an unnatural ability that would probably not be seen in the cartoon from a normal pegasus.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them right here!

Alrighty then, thanks for the clarification on pegasi and what they can and cant do. Now, I changed the ability from controlling it with his mind to simply kicking the cloud, and Static is able to accurately hit a certain spot from how he kicks the cloud, from how hard, to which angle.

I also edited the cutie mark story portion of the application to fit the new skill, and fixed a few other things that I thought needed more or different info.

Hopefully this will be more acceptable under your guidelines.

Just let me know if you need anything else or want me to change something :)

Thanks for the changes!

I was double checking the limits of pegasus weather manipulation with other Helpstaff, but Rose was nice enough to explain it to you. Thanks Rose! Anyway, I will look at the changes and go from there.

Ok. With my review, the one thing that needs to be cleaned up a bit is Static's cutie mark. There's a shield, a lion, and some lightning bolts. Most cutie marks are simplistic like butterflies or an apple. Now if you're trying for the protection angle, you might want to consider your pony working as a graud rather than the weather factory. If working at the factory is fine for you, then I'd change the mark to something like say a grey cloud with two bolts coming ot of it. You should also give a little information about what the mark means as that's the second thing a pony sees when meeting static (the first being his appearance).

yeah, i kinda just wanted a cutie mark that fit all of Static's traits, and adding them all together into one big Mark.

The lion and shield were meant for for his bravery and will to protect others, while the lightning bolts were to match his name and secondary skill.

I want to keep him working at the weather factory, because I dont want to completely change my charactors backstory, so I will message you back when I think up a simpler Cutie Mark.

Do you have any other ideas for a cutie mark that will show his devotion to helping others, while adding a few lightning bolts, or a cloud or something?

A cloud with lightning bolts would work as that's his talent. keep in mind Static doesn't have to have his whole personality on his flank. Take Rainbow Dash. She has a cloud with a tri-colored lightning bolt. Yet there is nothing thre that speaks of her Loyalty. Yet we all know she's loyal.

Okay, I simplified my charactor's cutie mark to an orange coloured shield with three lighning bolts in inside it. I added a new picture showing it.

I also updated the Cutie Mark description with a summarized meaning of Static's Cutie Mark.

If you want me to take out the shield part of the Cutie Mark, I'll replace it with what you mentioned on your last post.

EDIT: Added a new paragraph to Charactor Summary detailing how Static likes to visit Ponyville in his free time off work just to spread him out a bit in role plays.

Also added a little more to Motivation about wanting to travel at least once in his life.

Not to sound pushy, because I know you guys have other people to talk to about their OCs, but its been a few days now. Did you guys go over Static yet? Is he ready to take part in RPs now?

If you still need me to change something about him again, I'm happy to oblige.

Oh wow, thanks a bunch! glad I can finally use him in some RPs I've been reading! Thanks you for accepting my app!

So, I know now that this thread is supposed to be put into the Accepted OC area of the forum, but I'm really sure how to do that.

And since I'm new to this, could someone mabye give me some pointers on how to be a good roleplayer? I have a good idea on what to do since I write my own MLP fanfics and read the beginners guide on this site, but some more tips would be really helpful! :)

In regards to moving the app, you don't have to do anything. A moderator will move the app to the accepted section for you. An admin will also have to change you from the members to the roleplayers usergroup before you can get started in the World of Equestria RP. Both of these steps, unfortunately can sometimes take a little time, so be patient. Hopefully you'll be attended to soon. In the meantime, you're totally free to join in as many RPs in our Free For All or Crossovers section as you wish to.

As for tips for RPing, I'd advise you to:

• Be descriptive - Players here tend to prefer you give them plenty of detail to work with. Short, choppy posts just aren't as interesting to read or play off of. Of course, every post doesn't have to be some huge wall of text, but posts should generally contain a few decent paragraphs.
  • Be courteous - Please do not overstep your bounds when dealing with other players. You control your character; they control theirs. You will not be popular if you opt to control what happens for someone else's character for them. Be reasonable about what your character can and does accomplish in the RP and try not and dominate the game or be too controlling. Additionally, try not to be rude to players out of character.
  • Be creative - RP is a creative exercise. The game falls apart quickly if you don't keep the happenings in each thread fun and exciting. You should make an effort to put as much creativity into each RP thread as possible.
  • Be active - RP works best when the thread moves at a good pace. Both for the sake of the game and the sake of the other players, you should try and respond as often as you can.
  • Follow all of the RP Rules (as well as the site rules). - know these.
  • Please always respect the RP Team and Moderators.

Hope that helps. Good luck Rping! ;)

Alright then, good to know that I'm not missing anything. I'll be patient and wait for them to move my app and make it official.

And in regards to the tips, I thank you for them. I can have a pretty good imagination and I'm pretty creative so I think I might fit right in.

Thanks again for accepting Static, and a BIG thanks to Lux for being there and helping me fix up my OC.

Have a good day/night! :smirk: