Dragon Heart: The Rise of Chaos

Valencetiger

As the other Novices stumbled out of the portal, Stygian dipped his head toward them and gave a wide flourish, gesturing to the towering structure behind him. [colour=#4b0082]"...welcome, to the Scalehearts' largest stronghold in Equestria...the Crystalline Cathedral...or as you may simply know it, the 'Academy'. It was has been the pride and joy of my family for three hundred years...so treat it nicely, yes?" [/colour]Stepping away, he trotted slowly up to the massive iron gates. The gigantic castle-like marvel before them was made completely out of smokey white crystals, its walls completely flat and possessing a shine to them that seemed almost magical in nature. All around, dragons and their equine riders flew about the area, numbering in the hundreds of warriors and mages. Surely, it was a sight to behold...but nothing drew the eye greater than the massive dragon-maw etched upon the steel entrance, bearing Twilight Sparkle's famous cutie-mark behind it. Cloudmane and Tundra stepped out of the portal and moved out smoothly, the dragoness smiling back at the young and perhaps dazed Novices. [colour=#2f4f4f]"...come along now, younglings. [/colour][colour=#2f4f4f]We have much to do, and I have no doubt that you will want full stomachs before engaging in the rigorous training that follows the path to becoming a Scaleheart." [/colour]

Suddenly, the metal gateway swung open, revealing a massive inner hall, decorated with extravagant pieces of tapestry and jeweled artwork, many of which showed small amounts of the stories behind some of the Order's most famous Scalehearts, including the massive red dragon Pyronius...a Scaleheart which had saved the realm of Equestria from outlander invasions two hundred years ago, and Swifthawk the Bold, an earth pony who lured out and defeated the infamous New Equestrian Order, a group that had threatened the nation's balance fifty years ago. Certainly, this was a place of stories in the past...and no doubt for stories in the making, as well. Standing at the entrance, Cloudmane used a small amount of magic to send out a message-wisp to the Apprentice Hall's cooks, so that way their meals would be ready by the time the group arrived. Indeed...another advantage to the Scaleheart bond, the use of magic between the two bonded individuals that was unique to other forms of magic...a power that drew on the spirit and emotions of both of the linked beings. Even earth ponies and pegasi could learn to use it, if they were to ever make the bonding ritual. There was much power behind it...and the magic was simply a meager benefit compared to some of the others that are discovered. Stopping at the center of the hall within a circle of different colored stars, Cloudmane smiled and bellowed out to the young Novices.

[colour=#008080]"Behold! The Hall of Ascendants, the Order's pride and joy ever since its founding! It is here that you will meet every morning, and thus be directed to your classes. There are eight halls that intersect from here...the Scryer's Hall, Warrior's Hall, Archmage's Hall, Archives Hall, Teacher's Hall, Apprentice's Hall, the Sanctuary, and the Dome of Fortune...as you spend your tenure here, you will learn each area by heart. I will explain the purpose of each one later...but now, I must say that I am starving! If I am to teach you Novices anything about combat...I can't do it on an empty stomach! Tundra...if you could, please inform the Headmaster that this year's batch have arrived." [/colour]The female frost dragon blew a puff of frost into the pegasus' face, freezing a bit of his flowing white mane in the process. Before the stallion could react, the dragon was already flying off down the massive hall and onward toward the Sanctuary. Reaching up to one of the frozen parts of his mane, a piece of it broke off due to the super-chilling effect of Tundra's breath, and he let out an angry sigh, muttering slightly under his breath. [colour=#008080]"...I'll have to get her back for that...!" [/colour]Pushing away the playfully spiteful thoughts, he tried to put his smile on again and gestured to the Apprentice's Hall with one of his metal-edged wings. [colour=#008080]"This way, I'll be showing you to your dorms first...and then we can eat!"[/colour]

Pupil walked along stoically, not especially impressed with the sheer size, sheer opulence, sheer power, or the sheer anything else in the Crystalline Cathedral. It was because her mentalscape had become a frenzy of information, gates opening, marks of the past, great heroes of the past whose names Pupil couldn't even pretend to know, not without the proper signs in her own mind...

Oh wait, were they learning combat?

[colour=#008000]"Combat sir? Will we all be trained?" [/colour][colour=#000000]Pupil began to walk to the Apprentice's Hall, but slowly, so that her question would be answered. [/colour]

Reina got up from her sprawled position on the floor next to a part of the crystal wall where a small chunk was missing. She rubbed her sore head and heard the dragoness, who she recognized as Tundra, call them to follow her and Cloudmane. Looking back at the wall, she saw it had magically healed itself. That was handy.

At this point, she heard a pair of iron gates open, and she joined with the others in heading into the castle. She was impressed in many ways with the citadel, but she didn't show it. Her 24 hour rule applied to not just beings, but places as well. As she got deeper into the castle, she realized how many Scalehearts there truly were, besides the ones that regularly went out to prevent trouble and conflict.

She listened to Cloudmane name the different halls, and giggled a bit when his mane was frozen and a bit chipped off. She followed with the other novices towards the dorms, hoping that they were not co-ed. She had known too many males as a foal, and knew what they could get up to as they got older.

Lightning coughed and shook his head as he stood up from the flat on his back position he must have teleported in. The academy was magnificent, he had seen nothing like it before. The crystalline surface sparkled with what looked like a magical radiance, and he wondered who would be able to channel such a powerful spell. How many novices had walked the same steps he now did? The colt struggled to find a definite answer.

Looking over at Cloudmane, he laughed as Tundra froze his mane. The prank was obviously good natured, as Cloudmane smiled and made a mental note to get back at the frost dragon. Lightning looked over at Pupil and raised his eyebrow at her question, it was extremely obvious. Some of the deadliest Scaleheart warriors he could recall were actually in fact very adept politicians as well.

At the mention of dorms, Lightning sighed a bit. He had been cooped up in a dorm most of his life, with noisy roommates and idiotic neighbors. He would just have to hope that he didn't get a complete idiot for a roommate. And if not, well..... He would just have to deal with it. Shaking his head, he cleared the thoughts from his mind, focusing on the present.

>[colour=#008000]Ultvara[/colour]

Teleporting wasn't that bad, a little disorientating, but no worst than death clouding...just different.

The sight was magnificent to Ultvara, a beautifully crafted structure with today's most powerful and respected warriors all around him. The dragon looked around him, he didn't even attempt to hide the amazed expression on his face. Ultvara was sure his heart stopped when he saw Pyronius, and artwork of many other dragon and pony hero's. His idols all splayed out in front of him. His right eye started to twitch a little when Cloudmane used his spell, he'd heard that Scaleheart partners share magic, but he'd never seen it. He took a quick mental note of it. The thoughts running through his head almost muted everything that Cloudmane was saying to them, but one thing pulled his mind out of the pit.

[colour=#008000]"Learning, combat, and a meal?"[/colour] He asked stupidly. He closed his eyes and pretended to pray to unknown beings above. [colour=#008000]"I think I've found my personal Utopia."[/colour] He started to walk up with the rest of the novices. [colour=#008000]"I am so ready!"[/colour]