Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Revised: Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

> [colour=#800080]Karrthus[/colour] (Equinia, Inside of the Orb of Light)

Karrthus had been silent the entire time. After the mysterious pony had encased them in his little pearly white prison he had back peddled and took a defensive stance near Twilight and Trixie. Then the pegasus revealed himself, he remembered seeing him a few times before the revolution. Everything Lunar Cross said was...enlightening. When he uttered the words Luna's ex lover, he could feel the heat of flaring tempers around him and before he could even turn to see what was going on Free's knife was flying through the air on a perfect collision course with Lunar. The blade flew past him in slow motion as while he thought about if he should stop it or not. On one hand, he had killed the princesses, both of which were good friends of his, but at the same time the diarchy had to end what they did was unacceptable. Luckily he didn't have to take any action, Twilight's archmage stopped the blade before it reached Lunar cross.

Not too long after he thought the threats disarmed the other RLF pony flipped out and charged him, Karrthus looked to the archmage to see if he was going to stop him. Chronarch just stood there and watched. The sound of steel on flesh caught his attention and he snapped back around to see Striker's bloody blade and a wound stitch itself back together on Lunar Cross' chest.

At this point he was thoroughly confused, what was this 'Goliath' that they spoke of? And another alicorn? Things were just getting more and more complicated.

One of the GEF guards who had gotten caught up in all of this spoke up. He looked down on him, nodded.

[colour=#800080]"Yes, with the number of all the combined factions a large scale search is possible; however, we must be delicate with this. Our enemy is not alone and while this 'Peirrot' may still be recovering his strength, remember, the difference in power between an alicorn and a regular pony. It's like comparing half of a hand grenades payload to that of half a nuke bombs. This is a delicate situation, but now is really not the time to plan." [/colour]Karrthus said as he looked back at Twilight and Trixie.

-----

> [colour=#daa520]Alpha inForce[/colour] (Equinia, Outside the Orb of Light)

Baxter watched as the platform was encased by white light, slowly his view of the contents of the sphere faded out. "Free...Free!" He could just barely hear Free's calls through the static. He clenched his fist and thought about ripping off his communicator and smashing the piece of trash into a million pieces. He reigned in his temper and remembered that he had the tools to figure this out.

"Tech, what's going on with the comms stream?"

[colour=#808080]"All radiowaves entering that area, just cease to exist, like the sphere isn't a part of the real world. It's probably some sort of spacial magic."[/colour] Tech ducked under the counter of the guard station and started clipping wires so that he could reroute power and reestablish radio chatter. "The field is slowly weakening, we should be able to contact Free in a few minutes."

His communicator buzzed to life, he pinched the button and opened up the channel.

[colour=#ee82ee]"Baxter, I've got two unknown's leaving the area, orders?"[/colour] Quick Scope said. Her rifle was slowly following the shapes speeding off into the distance.

"Tail 'em, don't let em out of your sight, but subtly make yourself known." He replied.

She sped off after the two other griffons and soon disappeared.

The large orb started to shift between white and gray, Baxter watched the anomaly with his artificial eye, the energy from the sphere was weakening, just as Tech had said. His eye started pointing out weak points in the spells structure as is scanned over the surface of the magical prison.

[colour=#808080]"I can pick up Free's comm signal, but it's faint. Try to contact him Baxter."[/colour] The computer engineer said.

"Understood." He nodded even though Tech couldn't see him. The static was still pretty bad and he couldn't here anything which meant that Free had turned off his communicator. However, it will buzz when contacted. "Free, come in. You aren't dead are you?"

-------

> [colour=#40e0d0]Chronarch[/colour] (Equinia, Inside the Orb of Light)

Fools, i'm surrounded by fools. He thought. After he just stopped Free's attempted assault the other RLF pony saw fit to try and charge Lunar. He watched as his attack did nothing and he made a fool of himself. All in all it ended better than he expected, Chronarch expected Lunar to simply fling the pony into oblivion and let his immortal soul roam the nothingness for eternity, but instead he just took the blow and pushed the pony away.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Perhaps your suicidal last stand would have been more effective if you threw the kitchen sink as well?"[/colour] He chuckled lightly under his breath. [colour=#40e0d0]"Had I not known from the beginning how fruitless your attack was going to be, I would have annihilated you on the spot. You may be a selfish idiot with a death wish, but actually care to make sure that these ponies survive encounters like this. Next time, the one you attack may not be so forgiving. Gamble with your own life all you want, but I won't stand for you pointlessly risking the lives of Twilight or anyone else."[/colour] He glared at Striker with his calm eyes. He never raised his voice nor shifted his expression, but his tone was that of a pony who's been to Tartarus and back. He could really understand where Striker was coming, but acting like a foal wasn't the way to resolve it.

he nodded almost respectfully to the Dragon his genes must give him some dragon pride too. he speak again. [colour=#008000]"But that's the point sir its not a grenade.. a grenade or nuke is single use.. what we have is a cannon and after its loaded he will not hesitate to fire until Goliath is the only thing left."[/colour] he said. [colour=#008000]"and im sure they are watching the city gloating over the genocide and destruction i saw we split our forces .. and while the enemy is in thier false sense of security we strike![/colour]" he says

Twilight Sparkle (Equinia, inside the Light Orb)

She rounded on Draco, her eyes narrowed and a slight bit of venomous anger in her voice. "...with what resources, Sergeant Draco? This isn't about politics, you insipid fool...! This is about powers beyond your comprehension! Where do these 'villains' hide, Sergeant? Do you have even the slightest idea where they might be? If so, how about you take the lead...? I am sure you will do an excellent job, driving your troops to a slaughter." Whipping her mane aside in fury, she looked up as the blinking of the space around them began to increase. They would be out of this dimension soon, it seemed.

he narrowed his eyes in just as much fury not taking any bull from some partially crazy mare as he spoke it was almost like venom. [colour=#008000]"Oh and waiting for him to rest up and come back and wipe us off the planet is any better Miss high and mighty!"[/colour] he spit [colour=#008000]"I rather go down swinging!"[/colour] he said [colour=#008000]"than waiting for the politicians and leaders to make up their minds just in time to watch us get destroyed!"[/colour]

>[colour=#800080]Karrthus[/colour] (inside the Light Orb)

[colour=#800080]"Whoa, whoa, whoa...Calm down. You're getting too excited, no need to get at each other's throats, point that anger at Pierrot and his little group. The last thing we need is infighting."[/colour] The dragon stood between Twilight and Draco and stood stern looks at both of them. [colour=#800080]"Twilight," [/colour]He said addressing the mare.[colour=#800080] "His heart is in the right place, he just wants to protect everyone, the thought of such a power just sitting about idly and planning their next move while we do nothing likely isn't easy for him to take. You should be proud that the GEF has ponies willing to through themselves to the wolves for the safety of its citizens."[/colour] He snapped his head over to Draco, he roared exerting his draconic presence on the soldier. [colour=#800080]"With all due respect, shut up!"[/colour] He said snarling, not with anger but as a show of superiority.[colour=#800080] "How dare you question Twilight's resolve? Nightmare Moon, Discord, you would not be here today had Twilight not taken on forces which dwarf that any mere mortal. You don't have to like her, but you will respect her."[/colour] His face softened up a bit. [colour=#800080]"Besides, like I said we could search, but we know nothing about them. What would we accomplish besides drawing attention to the fact that we know. In your own words you say that you're sure they are watching and gloating. You'd be a fool to believe that the lost of one weapon temporarily, has weakened them enough to be dealt with. Your will is strong, but you have to understand that sometimes direct action surest path to destruction."[/colour] He said sagely.

Free's head was still locked to the floor, his eyes in a widened state of shock. He heard snippets of the conversation, but he was too locked in his thoughts to pay any notice. His love.... His purpose.... For five years he had been imprisoned, he had fought for the name of the principality, he had been deceived..... Luna's face flooded his mind, refusing to allow him to think about anything else.

Panting, Free reached for his communicator, his hoof shaking. Breathing heavily, he clicked it once. "Alpha inForce, stand down and return to base. The situation is under control in here....." Free trailed off, finding hard to hold his tone. Reaching for his flask, he took a few greatful gulps of the alcohol. It cleared his mind a bit, and he looked up to the others, managing to just barely regain his composure.

Nodding in agreement at Karrthus and Draco's words, the stallion turned to face Twilight. Walking over to her, his face darkened. He knew who she was. Why shouldn't everypony else? "Oh I'm sure you'll be able to handle it Twilight." Receiving odd looks from the gathered group, his face broke into a cold smile. "After all, 'not even the princesses could withstand your magic, now could they? And wasn't it such a coincidence that you just happened to take a five year absence while all this turmoil was at it's peak? Surely, the most powerful unicorn in all of Equestria could handle this threat, isn't that right....... Red Fox." By then, Free's small smile had turned into a mad, insane grin that stretched from ear to ear, and he was chuckling between words, his traumatised mind finally giving in to the madness that had slowly been creeping into his soul as of late.

Ending his mad chuckling abruptly, the grin was wiped from his face as he took a step closer to the mare. "Now how about you admit it for yourself, you sick, twisted b****."

Twilight Sparkle (Equinia, inside the Light Orb)

Shrinking back slightly from Free's oppressive presence, she stared at him in silence, her body completely stiff and her breath caught. Twilight had suspected that Free knew...and often imagined him revealing the ****ing secret in a much larger audience. In these circumstances...well, it could be just as deadly. Striker's hate of the Red Fox was practically the most known aspect of him, and he may take this opportunity of revenge. Releasing her breath and taking a sharp intake of air, she looked the now-insane Free in his eyes. "...yes, I am the Red Fox...or at least what is left of it, anyway." There would be no point to telling the whole story to these ponies...and deep inside, she didn't want to. Death...death could be the release she wished for, and if this was how it came about, then why should she impede it? Her heart began to calm itself, and her breathing grew steady once more. With those words out, it was only a matter of time before the inevitable occured...

Lunar Cross (Equinia, inside the Light Orb)

His muscles tensed as he watched Free descend upon Twilight and make his announcement, his yellow eyes dangerously watching both the RLF commander and his pet, Striker. Indeed, they were a disastrous duo...he guessed that the rumors of the RLF being filled with psychopaths wasn't far from the truth. Suddenly, he felt a small ripple of pain in his wings, and grimaced. It was about time he turned the spell off...if he wanted enough magic to teleport himself and his followers out of Equinia safely. Ending the dimensional shift, the flickering abyss around them dispersed into a silvery fog, fading away to reveal the Main Square once more.

(Short posts are short.)

Striker just stands in angered silence as the events played out. Cross' word stick him like hot sharp knives but it is a foolish ploy. It isn't smart to provoke an already angry Ursa Major... The others begin to speak not allowing Striker to speak his thoughts. Cross is scum however his words about the princesses bring up old doubts about their conduct during what the REA slanged as "The Purge." He admits that he was concerned with the campaigns. They were indeed questionable in motive but it was not his place to undermind his princesses. He was.. IS a loyal soldier. What really cut the Ranger deep was his ignorant speach about the suffering that his people had to endure. Fool... he doesn't understand true suffering... only Striker does in his heart. He lives with that pain everyday. At that point he was tempted to draw his sidearm and blast him full of hot lead but, he holds himself. The Cronarch's words were also prodding the Ranger's pride. He dismisses him with a returned him a "come at me bro" glare. Cross and Twilight proceed to talk about this "Goliath," thing. Sounds like a WMD of sorts but he gets lost and couldn't follow. Then Twilight and Draco exchange heated words. Striker highly disagrees with Twilight's conduct and opinion but can't bring himself to speak out. These feelings he is having towards her are highly irritating him.

(Music for Mood)

Suddenly something strange happens. Free walks up to Twilight out of the blue and reveals a dark secret... Twilight is Red Fox. Striker's eyes widen with shock. His body becomes paralyzed with so many emotions that it nearly stops his heart in a literal sense. Something in him felt like it literally broke at that moment... like a sledgehammer to broken glass... After a few seconds... those pieces of glass burst into flame and his eyes ignite with that all to familiar fiery wrath. Just as suddenly, Cross vanishes and his white prison dissapates and they are back in the Main Square however, Striker is unphased. By this time the sun became hidden by clouds and a steady rain began to fall. He hastily walks up to Twilight and draws his revolver, rapidly loads the red tipped ammunition with "RED FOX" etched into the casings, and aims between her eyes. His hoof shakes with rage but with something else he can't explain. He hesitates to shoot as water drips from his weapon... [colour=#008000]"You... you of all ponies... was the dreaded Red Fox? You... you are a disgrace Twilight to all of Equestria and now your history means nothing to me. Tell me, 'Red Fox;' I now know about Lunar Cross' part in this and the NEO uprising... his formation of the abomination that is the GEF but... how far back does your treachery go? Were you an active member in the NEO? Were you there when they razed Canterlot to the ground? Are your hooves stained with the blood of my fellow brothers in arms? WERE YOU THE ONE WHO TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME?!?! TELL ME NOW!!!" [/colour]Striker roars as the weapon shakes in his hoof. His breathing becomes labored and heavy with anger. His eyes burn with the urge for vengence. After a few seconds of silence he pistol whips Twilight with a furious blow. [colour=#008000]"TELL ME!!! I want to hear your guilt before I finally recieve my vengence... I want to hear you plead for mercy like the men I lost before the NEO butchered them... I want you to tell me how sorry you are... I WANT YOU TO TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AFTER I KILL YOU!!!" [/colour] His voice hints of great anger but more so pain and suffering. Those last words come with a single subtle tear hidden by the rain only visable to Twilight. Those were similar to the final words of his love before she was killed... [colour=#FFA500]"Shhh[/colour][colour=#ffa500]... it's ok. You are gonna be fine, hunny..."[/colour] His heart wrenches at the pain... visions of Tender's corpse in his arms flash before his eyes... He fires off a single round that grazes Twilight's cheeks and creates a small cut. [colour=#008000]"Tell me..."[/colour] he angrily commands in a softer but very painful voice... another lone tear drips from his eye only visable to Twilight. His aim then steadies as he awaits her possible confession...

(Sorry if I kinda modded the action there. If needed I will edit.)

Free's insane grin returns once more as Striker turns on Twilight, finding it hard to resist the urge to laugh at the two as the shield dissapeared. At first it was a small giggle, but it soon evolved into a full blown laughing fit, with Free rollling around on the ground at the hilariousness of the moment. "Oh stop it, that's rich! I can't control myself!"

Free continued to have his little funny attack until he jumped up, standing wobbly. Whatever had been left of Free's fragile mentality had been well and surely shattered at that point, the five years of mental trauma and beatings finally catching up with him. Picking his revolver and comm back up, he fired a few shots into the air, causing the group to look at him. "Oh i'm not going to shoot anypony, I just want to say that I'm going back to base and that I think I've gone a bit wacky." Finishing his rant, he turned and began to trot back to the camp, before stopping to scratch his head.

"Oh yeah!" He said as he smacked himself across the face brutally. "Striker, here boy! Come now, we have work to do!" He yelled, before realising he still had his flask. "Oh booze!" He said as he unscrewed the top off and drank the rest of the flask in one long gulp. "Ah, so that's what it's like being drunk......" He whispered, before bursting out laughing again.

<Twilight Sparkle (Equinia, Main Square)

The distraught mare looked past the barrel of the revolver, gazing right into Striker's anguished face. Yet again, the memories of having seen hundreds of others with similar expressions of hatred and pain clouded her thoughts. The rain from above drenched her mane and face, the skies gray and distant, very much like the day when...when she had been forced to watch as her old life died. However, despite the circumstances, she was glad for the drizzle...it hid her own tears from the others. A sad gleam shone gently in the depths of her eyes, and she lowered them from his slowly. [colour=#008000]"You... you of all ponies... was the dreaded Red Fox? You... you are a disgrace Twilight to all of Equestria and now your history means nothing to me. Tell me, 'Red Fox;' I now know about Lunar Cross' part in this and the NEO uprising... his formation of the abomination that is the GEF but... how far back does your treachery go? Were you an active member in the NEO? Were you there when they razed Canterlot to the ground? Are your hooves stained with the blood of my fellow brothers in arms? WERE YOU THE ONE WHO TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME?!?! TELL ME NOW!!!"[/colour] The words drew a torrent of emotional pain inside her, for she knew that she had no good answer for the angered stallion. The world seemed to shrink to only the space around herself and Striker, her mind finding it difficult to focus and to keep control of herself.

Twilight's jaws clenched slightly, trying to respond. [colour=#800080]"...I...-" [/colour]She couldn't get anything out, as Striker struck her with his pistol, the pain nearly causing her to go unconscious and she could feel a steady stream of blood coming down from where he had dealt the blow. The crimson liquid stained her gray mane, turning the shades of violet and pink into an odd, blackened colour. Shaking slightly, she raised her head and locked her gaze with Striker's. Seeing him now, she understood his agony...the terrible things he had to endure, but she could also tell that he was selfish in his desire for vengeance, and that such a strong thirst would eventually destroy him. When had she been able to detect such obscure things...? Perhaps it all started with Herald...after all, her magic and grown and flourished with his influence, but she had no control over it. [colour=#008000]"TELL ME!!! I want to hear your guilt before I finally recieve my vengence... I want to hear you plead for mercy like the men I lost before the NEO butchered them... I want you to tell me how sorry you are... I WANT YOU TO TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AFTER I KILL YOU!!!" [/colour]Twilight was so locked in her thoughts that she didn't feel the grazing bullet against her cheek. Grimacing, she muttered her answers in a voice so silent that only Striker could hear them, and even then they were like whispers on a wind.

[colour=#800080]"...yes...I was the Red Fox. My body has been in this conflict since the very beginning, before shortly before the Purge...I joined with the NEO, and my body led them to their triumph, all the way to the destruction of Canterlot. Your brothers and sisters in arms...you can say they all died at my hooves. Was I the one who took everything from you...? My body was the one who took everything from everypony... As for mercy, there is no mercy you can offer me that will stem this pain. Go ahead...and pull the trigger...for all that will be left is a cold corpse, and a husk of a stallion. Be my judge and executioner, Striker...and set me free. Maybe then, I can finally apologize to them..." [/colour]She shifted her gaze from his eyes to the revolver, closing her eyes and patiently waiting for what may come.

Draco watched as the scene in front of him unfolded like some weird scene from a book except now he was in the book... he looked at the ground then looked back at them he did not know much but he knew this, he was tired of all the unnecessary death and they need all the hooves they could get to help with this crisis. he walked slowly towards striker. "[colour=#008000]Now.. i don't know you.. or what happened to you, but i know that right now we need everypony's help right now."[/colour] he said as he continued his slow walk to them [colour=#008000]"will her death really give you peace.. will her death bring back what was lost? i doubt it.. and.. whoever you lost must have been so important to you, would they approve of your murdering her? Would the smile on you as you pull the trigger or frown?.. will they cheer you on or ask you to stop?.. now.. just put the gun down and you have my word that you will not be punished." [/colour]he said meaning it.

(draco to the rescue)

The distraught mare looked past the barrel of the revolver, gazing right into Striker's anguished face. Yet again, the memories of having seen hundreds of others with similar expressions of hatred and pain clouded her thoughts. The rain from above drenched her mane and face, the skies gray and distant, very much like the day when...when she had been forced to watch as her old life died. However, despite the circumstances, she was glad for the drizzle...it hid her own tears from the others. A sad gleam shone gently in the depths of her eyes, and she lowered them from his slowly. [colour=#008000]"You... you of all ponies... was the dreaded Red Fox? You... you are a disgrace Twilight to all of Equestria and now your history means nothing to me. Tell me, 'Red Fox;' I now know about Lunar Cross' part in this and the NEO uprising... his formation of the abomination that is the GEF but... how far back does your treachery go? Were you an active member in the NEO? Were you there when they razed Canterlot to the ground? Are your hooves stained with the blood of my fellow brothers in arms? WERE YOU THE ONE WHO TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME?!?! TELL ME NOW!!!"[/colour] The words drew a torrent of emotional pain inside her, for she knew that she had no good answer for the angered stallion. The world seemed to shrink to only the space around herself and Striker, her mind finding it difficult to focus and to keep control of herself.

Twilight's jaws clenched slightly, trying to respond. [colour=#800080]"...I...-" [/colour]She couldn't get anything out, as Striker struck her with his pistol, the pain nearly causing her to go unconscious and she could feel a steady stream of blood coming down from where he had dealt the blow. The crimson liquid stained her gray mane, turning the shades of violet and pink into an odd, blackened colour. Shaking slightly, she raised her head and locked her gaze with Striker's. Seeing him now, she understood his agony...the terrible things he had to endure, but she could also tell that he was selfish in his desire for vengeance, and that such a strong thirst would eventually destroy him. When had she been able to detect such obscure things...? Perhaps it all started with Herald...after all, her magic and grown and flourished with his influence, but she had no control over it. [colour=#008000]"TELL ME!!! I want to hear your guilt before I finally recieve my vengence... I want to hear you plead for mercy like the men I lost before the NEO butchered them... I want you to tell me how sorry you are... I WANT YOU TO TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AFTER I KILL YOU!!!" [/colour]Twilight was so locked in her thoughts that she didn't feel the grazing bullet against her cheek. Grimacing, she muttered her answers in a voice so silent that only Striker could hear them, and even then they were like whispers on a wind.

[colour=#800080]"...yes...I was the Red Fox. My body has been in this conflict since the very beginning, before shortly before the Purge...I joined with the NEO, and my body led them to their triumph, all the way to the destruction of Canterlot. Your brothers and sisters in arms...you can say they all died at my hooves. Was I the one who took everything from you...? My body was the one who took everything from everypony... As for mercy, there is no mercy you can offer me that will stem this pain. Go ahead...and pull the trigger...for all that will be left is a cold corpse, and a husk of a stallion. Be my judge and executioner, Striker...and set me free. Maybe then, I can finally apologize to them..." [/colour]She shifted her gaze from his eyes to the revolver, closing her eyes and patiently waiting for what may come.

[colour=#008000]Capt. Star Striker: Equina Main Square ---> Streets/Back Alleys of Equina[/colour]

(For emotional effect...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU

Striker's body becomes paralyzed with Twilight's words. Not even his chest moves from breathing for these agonizingly long moments. He... he can feel a similar pain to his own coming from a mare that he used to respect so highly... then... something else happens... his heart becomes even heavier with pain... not pain of loss... but of regret... guilt... empathy... and something else he can't understand... tears now begin to run down his face. He is torn... part of him wants end the life of the traitor with a great vengence, finally avenge the honor of his fallen and recieve closure... but then... part of him doesn't... for reasons he can't put into words... finally his weapon begins to tremble...

[colour=#008000]-Shoot... no... shoot... no... Shoot... Don't... SHOOT... DON'T... SHOOT... NO!!!-[/colour]

In a flash, Star aims his revolver into the air and fires with a sorrow and pain wracked scream... a scream that would even wrench the hearts of the most hardened stallions... He expells all his ammo and even uncouciously pulls the trigger a few times after. He looks down into her eyes... this... what is this that he is feeling? It hurts... it hurts so much... The tears flow with force Neighagra Fall's. [colour=#008000]"**** IT ALL!!!"[/colour] cries Striker as he throws his weapon to the ground. He turns as runs aimlessly into the city. He continues to run until he comes to a deserted part of the city that still lies in ruin and hasn't been under reconstruction yet in the far corner of the city. He keeps moving until he trips and falls into a pile of debris. He falls face first and manages to cut himself up around his body pretty good although he is not really all the injured but regardless of how injuried he could have been... nothing could compare to the pain that grips his heart so tightly... he proceeds to punch his fore hooves into the rubble in a fit of rage until he looks to the sky. The rain has intensified and is in a full down pour. Striker's uniform is torn, dirty, tattered, and bloodied... has his teary eyes look to the sky he lets out a sorrowful cry that could be heard for at least 2 kilometers. Then... all is quiet except for a lone whimper in the rain...

The ball of light long gone when Chrysalis arrived, she got debriefed by Lyrpis what happened - that excludes the events inside the orb of course. Then she noticed the persons who came out of the orb.

[colour=#009966]"This is terrible!"[/colour], she nearly screams with anger, seeing her chances for taking over this kingdom threatened even more. [colour=#009966]'All I ever wanted, was a home worth living and working for for my subjects. They shall not be banished, not hated for what they are. Why can't ponykind just be more open? Why not accept they way we feed? We cannot change ourselves - they have to. I wish there was another option but it lays in their hooves.'[/colour]

She was close to crying, but her face only showed anger. Turning around, her back towards this gathering she walked away, outside the city into areas that weren't rebuilt yet - just to see a shadow running besides her, falling into debris hurting himself. It was Striker, but she did not know him, she only could see the expression on his face and knew that something terrible must have come to the light of day inside that orb. The sounds he made nearly made Chrysalis shiver. It was like his sadness was a black hole sucking the strength out of her.

[colour=#009966]"What happened in this orb of light?",[/colour] she asked Striker, trying not to care too much about his situation - she was a queen after all and had to act a bit like it.

>[colour=#40e0d0] Chronarch[/colour] (Equinia, Main Square)

Soon they the dimensional field dissipated and they had returned to the the main square, but something was off. Free had lost it, the crazed stallion revealed the Red Fox's identity and with Striker still on a warpath this couldn't end well. As soon as Free was done talking Chronarch tensed and prepared his magic to destroy anyone who would bring harm to Twilight. He looked over his shoulders to check on the status of the mare. The look on her face, her small form, and clumsy speech. Weakness, not of body, but of heart and of spirit. Striker trotted pasted Chronarch and the archmage considered destroying him. No, Twilight had already given up, let her spill how she really felt, let her get it off of her chest. If she was content to quit here, Chronarch would not stop her. Striker walked up to Twilight and aimed his weapon directly at her head. She was so stiff, Twilight looked utterly defeated. The RLF stallion fired a round, but it only grazed Twilight's cheek. The archmage winced as he fought to reflex to step in an do something. He simply watched as Striker struggled with his own morality. Was everypony here broken? He looked down at himself and wondered what kind of sick reasoning he had for not stopping this.

Striker's conscious won out it seemed, the stallion emptied his revolver into the sky and dash off. He trotted over to Twilight and looked down on her. [colour=#40e0d0]"I could have stopped him: held him back, killed him, teleported him away, but I didn't. I had to see if you really had fallen so low as to give up."[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]"Twilight, I've seen that look may times."[/colour] He used his telekinesis to stand her up so that she could look into his amber eye. [colour=#40e0d0]"Look at me, death is a release that us demons aren't worthy of. We ruin and destroy, but from destruction comes creation. You've destroyed so much, but look at all that you have created. You've take from many, but look at all you have given. I'm disappointed in you for even thinking that the easy way out would be for the best. If you died with this gaping, festering wound on the face of Equestria, could you truly rest in peace?"[/colour] The rain has soaked him, his slicked back mane was now hung flat over his his neck, He brushed Twilight's mane out of her face so he could actually look at her.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Twilight you [/colour]cannot[colour=#40E0D0], no, you WILL not die. Not until you've finished what's been started."[/colour] He raised her head up with a hoof so that she was in a somewhat proud stance.[colour=#40e0d0] " So stand with confidence, believe in yourself. You may stumble, but you have friends and family to lean on. Look towards the horizon and know that there is a better tomorrow, one that you brought."[/colour] His eyes narrow.[colour=#40e0d0] "Ponies need you. Succeed. Because failure is not an option."[/colour]

The mare watched in stunned silence as Striker shot his revolver into the air several times, each blast feeling like a crack of a whip against her ears. Why...why didn't he kill her? What did he have to gain by not killing her? It...why?! It didn't make sense! **** it all! She didn't break out of her mental self-beating until Striker was gone, and Chronarch stood before her. Her Archmage...her ancestor...one of the reasons why her family line was cursed. She thought about why he hadn't done anything to stop Striker, but she pushed such a dangerous question aside. Her legs buckled beneath her as she descended to the ground, the emotional stress of the encounter with Striker finally kicking in. [colour=#40e0d0]"I could have stopped him: held him back, killed him, teleported him away, but I didn't. I had to see if you really had fallen so low as to give up."[/colour] Hearing this, a slight, dark laugh went on inside the recesses of her mind, a cruel voice whispering to her with a touch of venom. [colour=#800080]See? Not only do you want yourself to die...but your closest advisers and family do, too! Why don't you just off yourself...and put an end to your misery? After all, it isn't like anypony is going to miss a traitor and murderer like you! [/colour]Because...I'm a coward. I don't have the strength to die...nor the strength to live.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Twilight, I've seen that look may times."[/colour] When he picked her up with his magic, she gazed back at him, once again noticing the resemblance between herself and him. However, that determined, powerful face no longer belonged to her...maybe it never did. Without a doubt, she probably looked weak in her eyes...not that she could blame him. [colour=#40e0d0]"Look at me, death is a release that us demons aren't worthy of. We ruin and destroy, but from destruction comes creation. You've destroyed so much, but look at all that you have created. You've taken from many, but look at all you have given. I'm disappointed in you for even thinking that the easy way out would be for the best. If you died with this gaping, festering wound on the face of Equestria, could you truly rest in peace?"[/colour] When Chronarch brushed aside her mane, she nearly flinched. Her tears were easily discernible from the streaks of rainwater, and she whimpered a little. He was right...but...what could she do? Their family line was filled with tragedy and despair...surely, all that they could bring to Equestria was the same. Unless...unless that blood could be reforged, reborn.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Twilight you [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]cannot[/colour][colour=#40E0D0], no, you WILL not die. Not until you've finished what's been started."[/colour] She felt Chronarch raise her head, placing her in a confident stance...one that she quickly adopted and straightened slightly.[colour=#40e0d0] "So stand with confidence, believe in yourself. You may stumble, but you have friends and family to lean on. Look towards the horizon and know that there is a better tomorrow, one that you brought."[/colour] Yes, he was right...and she knew what she had to do. It was time for a change, for herself...for her family...for Equestria.[colour=#40e0d0] "Ponies need you. Succeed. Because failure is not an option."[/colour] Equestria needed its rebirth...and by Celestia, she was going to do it!

[colour=#800080]"...you're right, Chronarch...forgive my moment of weakness. It is time for action, and I know what must be done...if you could, help me to the Chamber of the Elements...there is something I must do there. Karrthus...I ask that you go on your way as of now, for these are matters strictly for the Federation." [/colour]She doubted that the hellkite would listen, but she could at least try. It had been five years since she sealed away the Elements of Harmony...now was the time to see them once more.

> [colour=#800080]Karrthus[/colour] (Equinia, Main Square)

The dragon clinched his fist and snorted, a small puff of green flame exited his nostrils in a comical fashion. He wanted to stay with Twilight, and spend some time with her, but it seemed as if the fates had conspired against him. In the five long years that they've been apart, he had matured, there were times when he couldn't do what he wanted. Sometimes he had to compromise, however, compromise didn't mean come out empty handed. He'd just have to settle for a little less.

[colour=#800080]"I understand Twilight, security and all that,"[/colour] he said with a small smile. [colour=#800080]"but before we part ways, I have a gift for you."[/colour] He outstretched his claws and gently touched Twilight's horn. A surge of green magical energy traveled from the hellkite's claws and down through the mare.

[colour=#800080]Welcome, to the broodmind, Twilight. Simply think about me or Kaalia to contact us. Be sure to contact Kaalia when Rainbow wakes up, and don't hesitate to call me for anything. [/colour]With the telepathic message sent, he turned and started to walk away from his old caretaker and surrogate sister.

He walked over to Draco, and looked down on the dragon pony.[colour=#800080] "You're an interesting one, you should seek me out when you have time."[/colour]

>[colour=#000080]Free Quickhoof[/colour] (central Equinia, with the others)

Free continued to laugh maniacly as the rest of Striker's confrontation went on, his cackle dimming to a chuckle as Striker went running away from the group. [colour=#000080]"Ah Striker, always so emotional when it concerned his loved ones. Now, I must dash, I have something to attend to. But if you all would, please meet back here in about 5 hours, I have an big announcement to make to everypony! Ta taa!" [/colour]With those last deranged words, Free began to stumble and wander his way back to the RLF encampment. Stopping to check his canteen, which he had already done repeatedly in hopes of a magic refiller, he huffed. By now he was in the bad part of town that the thieves and scumbag lowlifes made home in, but it was also the only way back to the RLF camps. Sighing and putting on another insane grin, he began to trot merrily back to camp.

It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes in that Free noticed he was being trailed by some very suspicious stallions. And soon enough, another came to block his path. "All the bits you have, and we promise this won't hurt too much." The thug breathed, Free could smell the fag smoke from where he was standing. [colour=#000080]"Oh yes, i'm sure that is the only outcome, you having your flaks kicked by a ninja after all. Did I mention I am a ninja?" [/colour]One of the thugs burst out laughing as Free finished his comment, "Got ourselves a smartarse then have we? You can take back my previous statement about not making it hurt too much." The apparent leader of the group growled as he began to move in. Free's face dropped to a sad droop as he said this. [colour=#000080]"But I was going to have so much fun....... Ha, guess i'll just have to kill you all then." [/colour]The stallion whispered under his breath. "That's it!" One of the thugs yelled, throwing a punch at him. As he did this, that same manical grin reappeared instantly, Free easily blocking the blow and breaking the thug's hoof brutally, the bone jutting out from his elbow. The two remaining thugs took a step back as their comrades screams filled the air, one of them pulling out a knife and charging at Free, who deflected the knife blow with practised ease, using the thugs own momentum to flip him and crush his skull on the cold concrete. The last thug attacked Free from behind, knocking them both over. The RLF general punched and kicked at the thug, launching him off. Chuckling crazily, he walked to the already bleeding criminal, brandishing his revolver. "Please, i'll do anything, just let me live!" He pleaded as Free's chuckle exploded into another laughing fit. Ceasing the laughter as soon as it had began, Free leaned over the thug, his face darkening. [colour=#000080]"How about no, and go say hi to the royals for me." [/colour]With those last words, Free shot directly into the criminal's skull. Suddenly, something warm and sticky began to trickle down Free's left back leg. Gazing down, his eyes widened as he laid them upon a knife implanted into his leg. Stumbling clumsily, Free landed against the wall of the alleyway, looking up to the rain pelting down at him. [colour=#000080]"Oh Luna, if only you could see me now..........."[/colour]

>[colour=#ffa500]Applejack [/colour](Rainbow Dash's bedside)

Applejack closed the door to Rainbow Dash's room with a sigh, she had been here for the past couple of hours now, just laying there silently, staring at her friend, tears in her eyes. Luckily, the new Citadel was situated quite close to the town square, so she only had to do about half an hours walking to get to the bad side of town and the RLF camps. It was raining heavily, and so she took her hat off and stored it in the saddle pouch she had brought with her. Seeing Twilight and Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy again had been very emotional for the mare, those three faces she had once called her closest friends. Hell, she owed it to them to try and put her experiances in the war aside, and to try and bring them all together again. Shaking her head, she huffed as she realised that would never happen, for celestia's sake they were on opposite sides in the ****ed war. The mare just hoped that nothing would happen to them, and that the conflict could be resolved peacefully. Quickening her pace as she entered the bad side of town, she stopped as she heard something. It was faint, as the rain was creating to much noise to be able to detect anything from too far away, but she could recognize the sound instantly. Gunfire. Breaking into a run, Applejack crossed corner after corner, until she arrived at the horrific scene.

Corpses littered the alleyway, thugs by the look of things. Whoever had done this must have been long gone by now, as the blood on the thugs corpses were already beginning to run dry. She was about to turn around, but was stopped by a loud, rasping gasp for air. Flipping around, she noticed one of the corpses along the alleyway were still breathing. That mane, that colour............ [colour=#ffa500]"Sweet celestia...... Free!" [/colour]Applejack yelled as she ran to his side, shaking him awake. [colour=#000080]"Ah Applejack, my mare in shining armour.... Got into a fight with these arseholes here, one of them scored a lucky hit." [/colour]Free coughed, grinning as he recognized the voice. Applejack tore a piece of cloth from Free's coat off, tying it around his leg as a makeshift bandage. [colour=#ffa500]"How do you always manage to get 'yerself into situations like this?" [/colour]She laughed weakly as she hoisted him up and began to help him back to the RLF camp. [colour=#000080]"I don't know, guess it's just bad luck. Seems we have had a lot of that recently." [/colour]He chuckled, grimacing as he had to walk on his bad leg. [colour=#ffa500]"Yeah............" [/colour]Applejack muttered. [colour=#ffa500]"Sure does."[/colour]

Draco shook his head this was not the time to be splitting up and.. if they were to survive some mad Alicorn that can raze the town on his own they were going to need each other despite their differences. then the Hellkite Karrthus spoke to him he looked to the dragon that easily towered over and felt no fear just curiosity. he nodded to him. [colour=#008000]"when do you have the time?... if you desire we can speak now.. although i doubt i can be much help.." [/colour]he said not gloomily just matter of factually.

>[colour=#800080] Karrthus[/colour] (Equinia, Main Square)

Draco was curious, but not very enthusiastic. Perhaps he had made it sound as if he had an ulterior motive. [colour=#800080]"Hmmm, I guess now would be a good time, I'm not preoccupied with anything at the moment."[/colour] He scratched his chin.[colour=#800080] "No, no, no, you have the wrong Idea. It's not about how you can help me, more about how I can help you."[/colour] He spread his wings and took flight and hovered close to the ground. [colour=#800080]"Fly with me back to the LEH encampment for a little while."[/colour]

> [colour=#40e0d0]Chronarch[/colour] (Equinia, Main Square > The Chamber of the Element's with Twilight)

The archmage chuckled loudly. [colour=#40e0d0]"That's what I like to hear."[/colour] He said as he gave her an approving smile and placed a hoof on her shoulder. [colour=#40e0d0]"Brace yourself."[/colour] amber light covered Chronarch's horn as he prepared to teleport them to the Chamber of the Elements. As soon as the magic was gathered he flung them through space, the world turned black for a brief period before the reappeared at their destination. The Chamber of the Elements, he never thought that he would be here, standing before the most powerful magical artifacts in Equestria. The last time he had seen the elements, he was on the receiving end of their wrath. He grunted and narrowed his eyes at the paintings and carvings of the elements that decorated the area.

Draco Raised into the air with the Hellkite [colour=#008000]"of course sir."[/colour] he said as he waved the veteran with him off to go help Draxis in the ghetto and as they flew draco felt the need to explain himself to karrthus [colour=#008000]"sorry sir if i seemed like i was rather cynical i don't mean to be its the way i taught myself.. i was always wary of new face be they pony or be they dragon... easier to take if they call me a freak or betray me.."[/colour] he said

>Twilight Sparkle (Equinia, Chamber of the Elements with Chronarch)

She smiled in return to Chronarch, feeling the gentle presence of his hoof on her shoulder. However, soon enough...she expected that smile to fade away. Watching as the Archmage's horn began to glow, she steadied herself for the oncoming magic, feeling her body convulse as they were both teleported to the Chamber. A while back, she had laid an enchantment upon the chamber to prevent any other creatures than Chronarch and herself from entering, a precautionary measure for the Elements of Harmony. They were standing at the massive, underground temple's center, the Elements aligned on columns at the far back. Moving away from Chronarch, she proceeded forward.

Her hoofsteps sounded like the beat of a drum in the silent hall, their echos resounding the noise eerily. The various paintings and carpetry on the walls and ceiling portrayed the Elements' history in Equestria...but most of it was wrong, and Twilight knew it. They were lies created by her forerulers of Equestria, but she couldn't blame them...after all, if everypony knew the Elements' former purpose, they would have revolted immediately. At last, she stopped right before the middle column, gazing at the Element of Magic solemnly. Her horn began to glow a slight lavender, as the Elements were taken from their spots and rested in a line in front of Twilight. She raised her head, looking at Chronarch as she spoke.

"...there are several things I must tell you, Chronarch...but they must never leave this chamber. It is all about the Goliath...I think you deserve to know. As you and many others may assume...the Goliath is a superweapon. That, I am afraid, is the least frightening identity for it. In truth...the Goliath is a supercomputer, created long ago by the last Alicorn King. The device is linked to the life energies of the world itself...capable of bending and altering reality and time without so much as a thought." Twilight let that small bit of information sink in for the Archmage, but then continued.

"...whoever controls the Goliath, controls our very world. It was once the Alicorn race's duty to supervise the Rebirth every five thousand years...the last Rebirth has well passed. It had taken me a long time to gather this knowledge...and I understand fully how terrible of an event can occur if the Goliath fell into the wrong hooves. With the passing of the last King, it had disappeared from memory...becoming nothing more than a legend, until five years ago that is. Contrary to popular belief, the Princesses first discovered the whereabouts of the device, however, they had denied its existence and moved to hide it completely, trying to prevent the world's magical Rebirth from happening. The world is dying, Chronarch...look around you, and you will agree with me. At this point, whoever unlocks the Goliath, can either save or destroy everything..."

Looking down at the Elements, she narrowed her eyes and rested a hoof on the Element of Laughter, feeling the warming magic radiate from its depths. Indeed, it was a beautiful creation...but one that was made wrongly. "...the Elements...they were forged from the Key to the Goliath. Six fragments, transformed into the perfect representation of peace, but this noble idea was an injustice. The reason the Princesses invaded and conquered Equestria, the reason they tried so hard to have control of our fair homeland...was all for the sake of the Goliath. Sure, they grew to care for us...but it wasn't like that in the Principality's early days. They obtained the Key Fragments, but couldn't find the Goliath...so as a measure of safety, they transformed them into the Elements of Harmony and used their power to maintain stability. Now...I am afraid I will have to destroy them, for the sake of global stability..." Her hoof began to glow with a sharp purple aura, intense and powerful. If she was to save Equestria...save the world...she had to destroy Harmony. The Key to the world...was War.

A lone mare walked down the alleyway slowly, her hair glowing a silvery blue. Free squinted, running to catch up. "Hey! Luna? Is that you?" As he said this, Luna disappeared and reappeared in front of him, but something was different. "Luna....." Free was close to crying as he held his hooves out and hugged the alicorn. At first she accepted the embrace, but then Free heard some sort of growling. Suddenly, a sickening squelch could be heard. Free looked down, his eyes widening. Luna's hoof was plunged through Free's chest, holding his still beating heart. Choking, Free began to fall backwards screaming her name, falling further and further into the abyss.

"LUUUUUUUNAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Free awoke from the nightmare screaming her name. "It was just a nightmare." He panted. "A terrible, terrible nightmare......" Looking around, Free decided he should get up, he had work to do. But when he tried to do so, the most excruciating pain came skyrocketing forth from his leg, and he struggled to stop himself from crying out. Spotting a walking stick, he reached over and grabbed it, leaning on the wooden device and walking out from the tent he was in. The RLF camp was as busy as usual, ponies running back and forth from tents, soldiers bringing in wounded from the reconstruction efforts as well. Moving slowly, he limped to the comms tent, still getting used to the walking stick. As he went inside, he was glad Applejack and Baxter were there. Seeing Baxter's eyes widen and dart back and forth between him and Applejack, Free waved a dismissive hoof. "Got into a fight with some thugs, got stabbed. It was a stupid thing to do in the first place. Now, I need you two to do something for me. I need you to summon the entire city to Equinia square this evening, as I have an announcement to make about the situation at this moment. Get to it." Nodding, he left the comms tent, heading over to his to prepare.

> [colour=#40e0d0]Chronarch[/colour] (Chamber of the Elements)

[colour=#40e0d0]"That is truly a frighting notion, the power to shape the world however you see fit, or to unmake everything..." [/colour]His gaze shifted across the chamber to several pieces of art.

[colour=#40e0d0]"I believe you,"[/colour] He rubbed his hoof along once of the masterful carvings that ran down a pillar.[colour=#40e0d0] "It makes much sense, nopony had ever heard of the Elements until they just happened to have them when discord was defeated. It was suspicious that no matter how severe a crisis was, the princesses refused to use the elements. They were keeping them out of the sight of prying eyes it seems."[/colour]

He walked over to Twilight. The mare, held the elements in her hoof. She was ready to reduce the offending stones to dust and deny their enemies their key to the power which they sought. He looked down on the artifacts and they pulsed at his gaze, the gems remembered him, and he, them.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Are you sure this is the only way Twilight? If everything you say is correct, the elements are nothing but the key. Destroying a key has never stopped a door from opening. We are both adept mages, and we should know better than anypony that when it comes to magic there are always loopholes. If our foes truly do have an alicorn with them they just may have the power to circumvent Goliath's seal without the Elements. As long as they know we hold them, they will be distracted by their attempts to obtain them."[/colour] He looked at Twilight with his uninjured eye, for the first time in ages he was unsure of what the best course of action was. His body tensed at the thought of destroying the Elements, they had caused him pain, but they were also one of the only reliable defenses against greater threats.

[colour=#40e0d0]"But if it has to be done, I will support your choice."[/colour] He braced himself and prepared a few defensive spells, no telling what could go wrong with what they were about to do. Likely everything. [colour=#40e0d0]"Hopefully, this pisses off the cowards enough to appear in front of us so that we can destroy them."[/colour]

--------

> [colour=#800080]Karrthus[/colour] (Flying towards the LEH encampment with Draco)

[colour=#800080]"I can understand that,"[/colour] He chuckled a little bit at that dragonpony.[colour=#800080] "but don't worry about, there's none of that within the LEH."[/colour] The two flew through the air side by side, Karrthus made sure to micro manage his speed. He didn't want to completely lose Draco. The hellkite banked heavily to the left and landed in one of the LEH's dragon landing grounds. All around ponies with serpentine eyes and scalemail armor were conversing with dragons of all colors.[colour=#800080] "Dragoon Knights,"[/colour] He said as he pointed to the armored ponies. [colour=#800080]"pound for pound these guys are tougher than any normal pony, and they are capable of using dragon abilities with the help of their partners."[/colour] His claw swept over the dragons.[colour=#800080] "Praetorian guards, the strongest and most loyal dragons. Hand picked by me, yet with all of soldier like this, we rarely engage in any conflict, but now there might be need of them." [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"You have the potential to be better, than all of my knights and dragons."[/colour] He looked down at draco.[colour=#800080] "The coming times will be trying, if we are to survive, than we need to everything we can be."[/colour]

Draco scanned the area around him the dragons and pony's around here felt right. the dragon pride was swelling in him at the sight of their strength and numbers. [colour=#008000]"so are you asking me to join you as a dragoon knight?.. and if so.. you do know im a GEF gaurd.. and i'm not sure but i don't want to betray my captain yet.. Draxis has been my friend and superior through this trying time. and if i just up and join the LEH im not sure what he will think.."[/colour]

>Twilight Sparkle (Equinia, Chamber of the Elements)

Twilight nodded, listening carefully to Chronarch's words. He was right about the unreliability of magic...and how destroying the Elements wouldn't serve much of a purpose...however, the reasons he had spoke of were not her reasons. The Elements of Harmony were outdated, worthless...she was going to make them into the weapons they needed. "...while it is true that destroying the Key fragments would do nothing to prevent the unlocking of Goliath, they would still require the Key to control much of the device's functions. However, I am not going to ruin the fragments...just their shells."

With a fierce, angry, and sorrowful expression, Twilight raised her hoof over the Element of Laughter, and brought it down...smashing it to bits. "Laughter is dead..." She raised her hoof once more, the gemstone in the former Element all that was left. Moving it back over, she repeated the process with the other Elements.

"Kindness is dead..."

"Honesty is dead..."

"Loyalty is dead..."

"Generosity is dead..."

Twilight paused over the Element of Magic, her eyes narrowing and a single tear going down her cheeks. "...my friendship is dead..." She brought her hoof down, the shattering of the last Element letting out a mournful sound throughout the Chamber. In the dust of each Element laid their gemstone, completely unharmed and pure. Lifting them up with magic, she gazed at them quietly, before speaking once more. "...Chronarch, summon all of the best craftsponies and magicians in Equestria who are loyal to the Federation. The era of the Elements is over...with these, we will forge something new."