Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Revised: Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

> Baxter (RLF camps with Free)

Baxter immediately jumped up and exited the comms center, leaving Applejack to fulfill Free's command. "Whoa, whoa Free! Just what happened inside that sphere?" The griffon matched pace with him. He looked back at Free's injured leg and sighed. "You had a pretty freaky grin plastered on your face, then Applejack brought you back all bucked up." He glared at stallion for a second. "Not really doesn't seem like the time for bar scraps."

-----

>[colour=#800080] Karrthus[/colour] (Equinia, LEH encampment)

[colour=#800080]"No, i'm not actually,"[/colour] Karrthus smirked at the guard. [colour=#800080]"That loyalty is commendable, an excellent trait."[/colour] The dragon walked in front of Draco and knelt down to talk to him at eye level.[colour=#800080] "What i'm asking you is if you would like me to train you, to have the same prowess as them."[/colour] He pointed at two sparing knights, the yellow stalllion was breathing a torrent of flames over his opponent, but the other pony simply weathered the assault like nothing more than water splashed across his coat.[colour=#800080] "[/colour]I[colour=#800080] could help you bring out all of your draconic abilities and teach you how to combine them with you pony affinities. I will not lie to you, it will be difficult, and if your will falters you may lose yourself, but the choice is yours. How much of yourself do you want to commit to protecting everyone, all of you or half."[/colour]

The ball of light long gone when Chrysalis arrived, she got debriefed by Lyrpis what happened - that excludes the events inside the orb of course. Then she noticed the persons who came out of the orb.

[colour=#009966]"This is terrible!"[/colour], she nearly screams with anger, seeing her chances for taking over this kingdom threatened even more. [colour=#009966]'All I ever wanted, was a home worth living and working for for my subjects. They shall not be banished, not hated for what they are. Why can't ponykind just be more open? Why not accept they way we feed? We cannot change ourselves - they have to. I wish there was another option but it lays in their hooves.'[/colour]

She was close to crying, but her face only showed anger. Turning around, her back towards this gathering she walked away, outside the city into areas that weren't rebuilt yet - just to see a shadow running besides her, falling into debris hurting himself. It was Striker, but she did not know him, she only could see the expression on his face and knew that something terrible must have come to the light of day inside that orb. The sounds he made nearly made Chrysalis shiver. It was like his sadness was a black hole sucking the strength out of her.

[colour=#009966]"What happened in this orb of light?",[/colour] she asked Striker, trying not to care too much about his situation - she was a queen after all and had to act a bit like it.

As Striker kneels alone in the rain he feels his heart tearing in two and his spirit crumbling before him. His perserverence has abandoned him... [colour=#006400]"Why... why do I feel this way... why couldn't I kill her... this pain... I want it to go away..."[/colour] Suddenly a voice emerges from behind Striker and surprises the broken soldier. He hides his crying as he looks over his shoulder to the Queen of the Changelings. [colour=#008000]"Chrysalis... what are you doing here? Why did you follow me?" [/colour]he asks coldly to his old enemy.

4-6-9er (Freelancer Base at Equina with Virginia)

4-6-9er was outside the now powered down dropship, waiting for Virginia to be finished with helping the Freelancer troops off-load the last crates of cargo and supplies from the dropship into the main hangers, watching patiently and occasionally hopping on her feet with excitement as combat adrenaline still flowed through her body, after the sudden flight back she was trying to wear the rush off before heading in the base to see what was going on. "So Apple, what do you think of Freelancer now?, not so bad once you get used to all the training and drills, huh?" she confidently asked Virginia teasingly as she got back from the hangers with a sly cheeky smirk on her face.

"And I heard about how you kicked major flank in Selection, hehe maybe you might even meet the other Agents, don't worry most of them are quite friendly and don't bite much unless you really piss them off, then I get left picking up the pieces. But we're a pretty close group, kinda like family, a really...really...messed up family. You'd fit right it." she remarked playfully before she explained about what most of the agents are like and giggled as she said about how the Freelancer Agents were like a really dysfunctional, but close-knit family she nudged Virginia's shoulder lightly.

As they made their way around the Freelancer base Harmony spotted Washington on the command deck privately conversing with several officers on a deeply private matter which was about to be revealed soon, "Looks like something bigger is happening on the horizon..." she said to Virginia concerned as she watched Washington and the officers, she held onto Virginia's hand sensing a bad feeling rise in the bottom of her gut but shrugged it off and smiled a little and reminded herself to stay strong for Virginia.

"At least we don't get to do any drills now." she remarked snarkily barely missing the mundane drills in favour of the crazy events that happened today.

=========================================================================

Freelancer Agent Washington (Freelancer Base Command Deck)

Washington discussed the new orders from Freelancer Command which asked all Freelancer Agents to return to the Freelancer HQ with the other officers privately on the command balcony, "...Are you sure this is accurate?, they do realise that Equina is far from rebuilt and relations with the other factions do need work that requires a representative from Freelancer to smoothen things up, right?" he asked confused and unsure of the new orders, it didn't add up at all he was meant to stay in Equina to smooth the issues at hand down and to help restore peace in the capital but for Command to change their minds like that didn't make sense...

"Yes Washington, Director's orders. It's classified as a top priority that all agents get transferred back to command within the next three days. An ambassador of Freelancer will assume your duties here temporarily and will be relieved upon your return." the Officer replied sternly as the matter was a very risky move on the Director's part but he had a feeling something big was going on. Everyone on the command deck that heard the order knew it but didn't say anything.

"Very well...rely those orders to Agent Virginia as she is the only other Agent stationed here in Equina, tell the Director that Agents Virginia and Washington acknowledge the order and will be there within the allotted time." Washington instructed the Officer handing him a datapad containing his orders and exchanged a crisp salute to the Officer who saluted back before he left the Command deck and prepared for departure from the base.

As Striker kneels alone in the rain he feels his heart tearing in two and his spirit crumbling before him. His perserverence has abandoned him... [colour=#006400]"Why... why do I feel this way... why couldn't I kill her... this pain... I want it to go away..."[/colour] Suddenly a voice emerges from behind Striker and surprises the broken soldier. He hides his crying as he looks over his shoulder to the Queen of the Changelings. [colour=#008000]"Chrysalis... what are you doing here? Why did you follow me?" [/colour]he asks coldly to his old enemy.

She tilted her head, looking at him exceptionally expressionless. [colour=#009966]"I saw what happened at the main square. I need to know what exactly happened in that orb of light - I knew that guy, Lunar, reappeared, but what does it mean? And why did it break your spirit so badly?"[/colour], she almost sounded like she would care for Strikers sadness, like he could trust her with all of his sorrow. How is that even possible? She is a intimidating personality, changeling queen with fangs and all that - but suddenly it all didn't matter anymore. [colour=#009966]"I have a special connection to emotions - I can feel your pain. Its killing me standing next to you. Also I lost Cadance somewhere, cannot feel her anymore - I was so glad she finally forgave me, finally kissed me and now she might be gone."[/colour]

(I will assume anything for Cadance since Fermata is gone)

>[colour=#000080]Free Quickhoof [/colour](RLF camps, outskirts of Equinia)

Free sighed as Baxter asked him about what happened inside the sphere, and to be truthful, he didn't want to talk about it. [colour=#000080]"Some pegasus named Lunar Cross showed up, told him something huge is going down with an alicorn named Peirrot, [/colour](SP? lol)[colour=#000080] and that i've.........."[/colour] He paused, taking a deep breath.[colour=#000080] "I was fighting for a mare who never loved me. I think I just lost it after that, my memory is blurry. Basically, we're all bucked if we don't find something called the 'goliath' before this alicorn does, and Twilight is the key to all this. Now if you will excuse me Baxter, I want to be on my own for a bit. Need to clear my head." [/colour]He finished the last sentence with a bit of a growl, quickening his pace, but this time heading out of camp to a nearby hillside. Upon reaching the top, Free reached for something from inside the overcoat he always worn. A secret pocket came open, and out of it came a small, ornate locket. Sitting down on the grassy hilltop, the rain began to let up, eventually stopping completely. Free sighed as he popped open the locket, and a small picture came into view. One of three once very happy ponies, an alicorn, an earth pony, and a purple pegasus with pink and blue braided hair.

It was the day she graduated from military school, and became a field medic. Luna and Free had rushed to meet her, but had missed the ceremony just barely. Still though, there was great celebration from the three, they had even managed to get a picture. That was just over two weeks before the revolution. Free still met and talked with her every now and then, but didn't mention her in public for her own protection. [colour=#000080]"Oh Lavender Bloom, I wish I could see you sis." [/colour]Free said sadly,opening the picture compartment of the locket. He tore the picture in half, separating Lavender from Luna and Free. Storing the picture of his sister gently in his coat, he put the rest of the picture back into the locket. He frowned, throwing the locket on the ground and stomping on it, before picking it up again and throwing it as far away as he could. Sighing, his expression lightened as he began to limp back to camp.

>[colour=#ffa500]Applejack [/colour](RLF camp, outskirts of Equinia)

Applejack sighed as Free and Baxter both left the comms tent, something was up with Free. Something had happened in that sphere, and she couldn't figure out why he wouldn't tell anypony, even her. She worried about him deeply at times like these, which seemed to happen too often to be healthy for the general. Shaking her head, she pushed the thoughts aside, activating the communication station and putting on a headset. Clearing her throat, she switched to the all frequency channel and spoke. [colour=#ffa500]"Attention all citizens and soldiers alike, General Free Quickhoof requests 'yer presence at the city square in one hour. The general has a large announcement to make concerning the situation at this moment. Repeat, may all citizens and soldiers of Equinia please assemble at the city square in one hour. Thank 'ye for 'ye attention." [/colour]Sighing, Applejack placed the headset down and put her hat on, walking outside the tent slowly. The rain had stopped and the moon had come out, but it almost looked like the stars were assembling around the moon........... Shaking her head, she realised that it must have been Princess Luna's birthday today, hence the star formation. Looking to the hillside, she spotted the black figure of a stallion. Her expression turned to a worrying frown as she recognized the shadow as Free. [colour=#ffa500]"What's happened to him.........." [/colour]She muttered, this was not the same proud, headstrong stallion she had fought side by side with in Equestria's name.

Draco smiled at the compliment. [colour=#008000]"sadly its trait not found too often.."[/colour] he says. as he looked to the two sparing knights he found himself wanting to be like them they looked almost noble in a way and if the only thing he had to worry about was losing himself so be it to him he thought there was not much to lose of himself anyway..[colour=#008000]"all of me... i will train with you.. and I commit all of myself to helping everyone not just pony."[/colour] he says

She tilted her head, looking at him exceptionally expressionless. [colour=#009966]"I saw what happened at the main square. I need to know what exactly happened in that orb of light - I knew that guy, Lunar, reappeared, but what does it mean? And why did it break your spirit so badly?"[/colour], she almost sounded like she would care for Strikers sadness, like he could trust her with all of his sorrow. How is that even possible? She is a intimidating personality, changeling queen with fangs and all that - but suddenly it all didn't matter anymore. [colour=#009966]"I have a special connection to emotions - I can feel your pain. Its killing me standing next to you. Also I lost Cadance somewhere, cannot feel her anymore - I was so glad she finally forgave me, finally kissed me and now she might be gone."[/colour]

(I will assume anything for Cadance since Fermata is gone)

[colour=#006400]"What happened to me is none of your business... as for the orb... Cross... that sonofab**** revealed that he was one of the minds behind the forming of the GEF and was a active player in the NEO uprising... he proved his traitorous blood... As vengence for my fallen comrades I tried to strike him down by sinking my blade deep into his heart... but to no avail... that b****** still lives..."[/colour] he says as he strikes his hoof violently into the ground. He then stands and turns to face the Queen. His face is emotionless and he tries to forget about the Changeling's sensitivity to emotions. Striker's spirit is weak right now and he knows it. He will try to keep all from knowing that. Regarless of his lack of expression his hard green eyes pluse with pain and anger. He locks eyes with the Queen and steps towards her. [colour=#006400] "What I am about to tell you, Chrysalis... is very sensative intel... I warn you that you should only share this with those who have unwavering loyalty to you... careless spread of this knowledge will breed chaos the likes of which that even DIscord could not comprehend... do you understand?" [/colour]he asks sternly in a very serious tone of voice. The rain continues to fall as a lone rumble of thunder rolls over them...

The changeling queen does not even move an eyebrow when Striker was talking about this secret he was so careful about - she was assuming it was a fact she already knew, since she was one of the first to know it and noone ever found out that Chrysalis knew about Twilight all along - she didn't tell anypony either, so how could someone know about her knowledge? Her interest shifted more and more towards what this pony was so upset about while she was starring into his eyes. His grace, his cool, his heart - they all seemed destroyed by what he found out - but why?

First things first - she had to listen to what he was to tell her, then she could ask him about his personal feelings. [colour=#009966]"Go ahead pony."[/colour]

The broken Ranger eyes become that of steel, unblinking and stern. [colour=#006400]"Queen Chrysalis... there are two new great threats to all of Equestria that were revealed by Lunar Cross. The destruction of Equina was brought about by... an alicorn... Pierrot. Whether he acted alone or with other, we simply don't don't know. Cross also revealed something he called, Goliath... I'm not sure what it is but my gut tells me it must be some kind of WMD and somehow it's... connected to Twilight... I mean Red Fox..."[/colour] Striker looks away for second to hide the sharp pain of her name and then returns his gaze back to the changeling queen. [colour=#006400]"The most distrubing fact of all of this is the little intel we have about either of these and quite frankly... I'm at a lost. To make matters worse, Gen. Free lost his d*** mind and isn't fit to lead us right now, in my opinion. In short, we all just blindly jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire."[/colour] he says with a hint of worry.

[colour=#009966]"So that means... Goliath is real?"[/colour], Chrysalis asked, her expression finally showing some emotion at all - surprise, but neither fear nor joy. [colour=#009966]"Pierrot? I did not come across that name before I have to admit. A Queen cannot know everything either it seems." [/colour]It nearly sounded like she would expect herself to know everything and see through people like glass. True - she might smell emotions where others cannot and its harder to lie to her, but she isn't something supernatural.

[colour=#009966]"Free? I... what happened? He seemed so eager..."[/colour], she remembered him when she was helping him freeing Cadance from the grips of Equina and bringing her to her home.[colour=#009966] "And now tell me, why does this... break you this way? I see how it is hard for everyone who knows about this threat - but you don't seem like a light-hearted person."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"I TOLD YOU, IT'S NONE OF YOUR D*** BUSINESS!!!" [/colour]he roars at her. Striker's may have lost his nerve today but surprisingly his pride remains intact; whether that is a good thing or not remains undecided. He turns away with fury and begins to walk away but for some reason he is compelled to stop. [colour=#008000]"Let me ask you... why do you care so much, Chyrsalis? If I remember correctly you weren't the very 'caring' type if my past briefings on you... Why do you wan't to know my pain so much? What do you gain from me telling you anything?" [/colour]he asks coldly without facing her.

>Applebloom "Virginia" (Freelancer HQ, outside of Equinia with Virginia)

The young mare quietly helped the lower-ranked Freelancer operatives as they carried the supplies and materials off the airship. Her head swam in thoughts about the recent events in Equinia, and to be honest, she could hardly believe it...even after seeing it with her own eyes. If a single creature could destroy an entire city that huge by themselves, what chance did anypony here have against that?! Shuddering as she carried a box of comm-links, she heard what Harmony said to her, and offered a weak smile. "...I guess. However, the training y'all put your agents through was nothing compared to the Shade Corps training regimes...that's why they're as easy as baking an apple pie!" Applebloom's accent had faded over time, but she still was used to saying "y'all" and cowpony metaphors. Setting the crate down with the other supplies, she turned and grinned at her partner, her tongue sticking out foalishly. "...but anywho, thank you, Harmony. I suppose you are right, though...I could use a new family, after what happened to my...my old one. I know they are alive, but...I can't show myself until my brother and sister are no longer at each other's throats. Anyway, y'all said you were going to show me around?"

She giggled as Harmony nudged her along, leading her away. As they made their way to the command deck, her smile disappeared as she overheard the conversation between Washington and the Officer. Clenching Harmony's hoof gently, she offered a gentle, reassuring smile to her special somepony, before letting go and approaching Agent Washington. "...I'm here, sir, and I overheard the orders. I assume that we will be leaving promptly, yes? If I may ask, though...do y'all know what the Director could possibly want...or rather, why he is dragging all of us to the Main HQ? Perhaps I am just being a rookie here...but something doesn't feel right about this...its like a snake hiding in my boot."

>Frost (Equinia, Mage's Quarter)

The odd, foreign stallion sifted through the wreckage of an destroyed Observatory, grimacing as he viewed the work of Pierrot. Indeed, the Alicorn lives up to his name...in the distant past, it was Pierrot's duty to eliminate threats to the Goliath and the Alicorn regime. However, with the disappearance of his father, the King, Pierrot had become a menace...Frost's organization, Pere Noel, had taken in the dangerous Alicorn and had kept him under control for thousands of years...and now that the Alicorn had left them and went on his own way, he had taken to his old duty once more. Of course, Frost knew all about what it was about...and he knew that it was his own job to stop Pierrot. Chuckling sadly, he kicked a concrete brick, watching it break apart against one of the still-standing walls. He looked up, his sensative ears picking up the beats of wings. Standing aside, he made his face an icy mask as the two armored griffins from before landed. Narrowing his eyes, he began to speak.

"...so, the operation was a success, gentlefowls?" One of them nodded, beginning to explain the situation to him. After listening for a long while, he dismissed them with a wave of his hoof, watching as they disappeared into a black portal. Sighing, he rubbed the back of his head. Soon, very soon, things were going to get difficult, and Pere Noel will have to do everything possible to protect the Goliath.

[colour=#008000]"I TOLD YOU, IT'S NONE OF YOUR D*** BUSINESS!!!" [/colour]he roars at her. Striker's may have lost his nerve today but surprisingly his pride remains intact; whether that is a good thing or not remains undecided. He turns away with fury and begins to walk away but for some reason he is compelled to stop. [colour=#008000]"Let me ask you... why do you care so much, Chyrsalis? If I remember correctly you weren't the very 'caring' type if my past briefings on you... Why do you wan't to know my pain so much? What do you gain from me telling you anything?" [/colour]he asks coldly without facing her.

- Outskirt of Equina, with Striker -

Chrysalis tilted her head, even though he couldn't see her. Except for her hair the rain didn't seem to affect her at all. Her bug like wings were strong enough to shake off the water and her carapace was not getting soaked like the coat of a pony would. She stepped a bit closer, but kept her distance, she didn't want to force a fight right here - but her voice wasn't supporting it.

It was filled with anger. She was stomping at the ground with her hoof once. [colour=#009966]"Not the caring type? Do you have any idea?! You fool!"[/colour], she kept talking, taking no break for him to respond, [colour=#009966]"let me tell you my story for a change. My mother reigned this hive with fear - when she died and I took over I changed everything! I learned my subjects to love me - to respect me. When I was trying to take over Canterlot I wanted them to have food, strength - they were drained so badly. It's an horrible feeling that you cannot understand, pony. When I allied with the GEF I hoped for a better future for them, but I got betrayed. The Red Fox, Twilight Sparkle, she gave me nothing and took everything. My hope was gone, I felt like a loser that led her hive to doom"[/colour], her voice was whiny by now, but got brighter again,[colour=#009966] "then I found out about Cadence, the RLF - I risked my life and the one of my best friend just to save my former enemy. All I want is my subjects to live in peace with everypony and to be with Cadance. So I'm not the caring type, huh? Who is then? You? Twilight?"[/colour], Chrysalis sighed,[colour=#009966] "I was just trying to help; win your sympathy - but you seem to rather dwell in your loneliness."[/colour]

Now she was the one to turn her back on him - not expecting him to talk back or even turn around.

(I really HATE canterlot for always breaking down when I am done writing my post - this one is delayed by 10 hours)

> [colour=#800080]Karrthus[/colour] (Equinia, LEH encampment with Draco)

The dragon's lips peeled back, exposing a toothy grin. [colour=#800080]"Excellent. Let me call Kaalia so that she can get you set up. She'll run you through some drills with the rest of my knights so that I can see what I'm working with."[/colour] He closed his eye for a second and reached out with his mind. Using the telepathic connect they shared he sent a message to his partner about the situation. He knew that she'd be excited to meet Draco.[colour=#800080] "Ah, there she is."[/colour] He said pointing towards a cloaked blur. The blurr sped down down on orange feathered wings and landed in front of them.

Kaalia trotted up to Karrthus and Draco, she looked up from under her hood and looked at the hellkite.[colour=#ff8c00] "I heard you had a new toy for me."[/colour] She said teasingly.

The dragonness shifted her attention over to Draco. She started circling the stallion and inspecting him as if he were a piece of meat. She was both taller and larger than the guard. An orange cleft hoof reached out and poked him in several different places, she even lifted his wings and prodded them.[colour=#ff8c00] "Oh ho ho, I like him!"[/colour] Kaalia squealed. She walked back over to Karrthus with a satisfied swagger in her step. The large dragon looked down at her with the flattest expression possible. [colour=#ff8c00]"What?"[/colour] she asked innocently.

[colour=#800080]"N-nothing, just show him around and get him set up okay."[/colour] Karrthus face clawed at his wife's antics.

She stuck her tongue out at him and winked under her hood.[colour=#ff8c00] "Don't be like that,"[/colour] She started to trot off towards the barracks, looking over her shoulder she addressed the young guard.[colour=#ff8c00] "Well don't be shy I don't bite, come on."[/colour]

Karrthus looked at Draco and shrugged, he eyes saying good luck.

> [colour=#daa520]Alpha inForce[/colour]

> Baxter (Equinia, RLF camp)

Baxter stood outside of the RLF camp, staring into space, like he had been since they returned. What Free had said was some heavy stuff. Lunar Cross was alive, an alicorn was responsible for this, 'Goliath', and that his fight had been for naught. The griffon couldn't help but sympathize with Free, Baxter knew what it was like to suffer loss, feel betrayal, and lose sight of what you fought for. Things were moving uncomfortable fast. He had relayed the info to Tech so that he could message the UGN's war council with the news, their response was grim to say the least. He thought back on how things had transpired.

Commander, with the light your team has shed on the situation the council has decided that Alpha inForce will now operate under directive Triple-X.

Are you sure? That could irrevocably damage relations between the griffons and the ponies.

The GEF has not only commited an atrocity against our people, but something of such power that the fury of an alicorn was evoked because of it lies at the heart of their nation.

I-I understand.

He opened his eyes and drifted back to the present. Directive Trip-X, basically put following Free's orders on the bottom of his priority list and his prime directives were replaced with neutralize the goliath threat by whatever means necessary and gather intel on Goliath.

"S***" he cursed under his breath.

> [colour=#daa520]Gilda[/colour] (Equinia, ????)

As per her new orders under Trip-X, Gilda. Had been staked out in a dilapidated building out of earshot of the two she had been spying on. Using her helmets equipment she eavesdropped on their conversation hoping to some information about the orb from Striker. She placed a follow tag on him for her HUD.

His words confirmed the War council's fear, Goliath was possibly some sort of WMD. She'd relay this information to Baxter griffon to griffon.

> [colour=#808080]Quick Scope[/colour] (Equinia, ????)

The sniper was about to break pursuit when the orb disappeared, but then her orders had been augmented by directive triple x. She flew low and fast, soaring most of the time as to remain quiet. Eventually the two griffons eventually landed near a stallion. Quick recognized him the the one who was with the GEF's archmage earlier. She ducked inside of a building set up her rifle. She replaced the silencer with a directional microphone and leveled it at the shady trio. They explained the situation to the stallion, Frost they called him. Apparently, they knew about all of this before hand, and according to the way things played out even though they'd had contact with the GEF prior they just decided to reveal this knowledge. She packed up her gear and headed out with. She had a small piece of the puzzle, but none the less it was a start.

Draco nodded at the hell kite ready for anything that is until the female arrived and started circling him despite his rough exterior he still had a rather hard time with any females the fact he stood to twilight was he viewed her as a Superior more than anything now this rather large dragoness was poking him and when his wing was touched he shuddered a bit before trying to clam up again. it was obvious he was visably shaken by this attention but he hid it again in a second he nodded to the Hellkite as he walked with Kaalia. [colour=#008000]"so what should i look forward too miss Kaalia? Hard training, horrible torture, pressing me to my limits to prove myself? you know the standered i have come to expect.." [/colour]he joked

> [colour=#40e0d0]Chronarch[/colour] (Equinia, Hall of the Elements)

He watched as Twilight smashed each and every regalia. With stomp, the floors accepted a shower of golden metal and a small gem sat in the heart dust mound. Her face grew more dim with each element destroyed. When she crushed one she quickly replaced it with the next, painstakingly fighting her own quivering voice just so she could vocalize her actions. Twilight hesitated for a brief second over the element of magic, just long enough to break Chronarch free from the trance that the sounds of shattering metal and clattering gems had lulled him into. It was just barely audible, like the sound of wind passing through a crack in a window, but he heard it none the less. Those disheartened, lamentable words. His eyes widened as he suddenly understood, he had read in the archives that Twilight Sparkle and her friends were the mortal bearers of the elements, it had hardly been relevant when he saw it. He closed his eyes and turned away, grimacing as Twilight smashed the element of magic, he knew what these actions felt like to her. He had just bore witness to her commit emotional suicide in multiples.

The mare stared deeply into the gems, but it didn't last long.[colour=#40e0d0] "Understood, I'll have them here and ready as quickly as possible."[/colour] He nodded at her and started charging his magic. He vanished into thin though he wasn't completely gone.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Though the shells were damaged, but what was important remained intact...Twilight, obviously you've forgotten just how true statements like that can be."[/colour] Chronarch's voice hung in the air, echoing off of the walls of the chamber. Until it finally dissipated.

> [colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, LEH barracks with Draco)

[colour=#ff8c00]"All of that plus a dash of psychological trauma and you've got the gist of it!"[/colour] She said excitedly. Realizing how wound up she was she couldn't help but shoot Draco a fang toothed grin and snicker heartily.[colour=#ff8c00] "You're just plain adorable," [/colour]Kaalia as he brushed up against Draco's side.[colour=#ff8c00] "The way you clammed from my touch was just golden and the fact that you throw jokes at me is just icing on the cake!" [/colour]The young dragonness was right next to Draco, and grinning from ear to ear. [colour=#ff8c00]"Looks like Karrthus just got some competition. I wonder which of you is more fun?" [/colour]

Kaalia lead Draco through the barracks until the came to the Armory.[colour=#ff8c00] "Mastercrafted weapons and armor right here, you'll find nothing like it anywhere else in Equestria!"[/colour] She walked into the armory with Draco in tow and went to a large metal armor cabinet. She opened it up and reached in, pulling out one of the lighter sets of training scalemail. [colour=#ff8c00]"Take off your barding and put this on, I'm warning you now, it's heavy."[/colour] Heavy was probably an understatement 5t was clearly pained on the armor yet Kaalia was easily holding it with one leg.

[colour=#ff8c00]"By the way, I didn't get your name."[/colour]

>Twilight Sparkle (Equinia, Chamber of the Elements)

Taking in a shuddering breath, she remained where she stood for several moments, even after Chronarch's voice had completely faded. Staring down at the gems, she let out the pent-up air and collapsed, gazing quietly at the gold dust on the floor. ...have I forgotten what friendship meant...? Perhaps I did...but how can there even be such a thing anymore, after everything I have done? Also...we're all separated, cast away like leaves on the wind. Rainbow is in a coma...Fluttershy is a monk...Rarity is still after Azure...Applejack is an RLF commander, and...and Pinkie is still missing. There is nothing that I, or any of us, can do to restore what we had...and I hope that will remain the case. The...the memories of the past are too painful to remember anymore. Sighing, she summoned a glass jar with a small speck of magic, her horn glowing gently as the dust of the Elements was gathered and placed inside the jar. Looking at it solemnly, she set the jar down in the center of the six columns, getting up and stepping back to look at it in mournful silence. After another few moments, the distraught mare turned away from the columns, gazing at the gems floating before her.

Closing her eyes, Twilight cast a spell and the Key Fragments disappeared, leaving nothing but a slight magical aura, which also faded. Opening her violet eyes once more, she began to trot towards the massive door at the end of the chamber. For now...she had other matters to take care of, and that one stallion...Striker...she had to know why he hesitated, why he had stopped himself from taking her life. Opening the entrance with another spell, the doors making a loud grinding noise as they parted. When they were fully opened, she dashed on out, disappearing up the stone steps and outward to the underground passages that led to every precinct in the city.

he blushed again but then raised his eyebrows.[colour=#008000] "if its all the same to you i rather not try to compete i feel your husband would not hesitate to eat me.."[/colour] he says [colour=#008000]"even if he didn't roasting me would be next."[/colour] he said chuckling he tried to take the armor but considering it was 5 tons he dropped it like a ton of bricks[colour=#008000]. "oh gods!"[/colour] he looks at it.[colour=#008000] "i think i will go without if its ok with you.."[/colour]

>Applebloom "Virginia" (Freelancer HQ, outside of Equinia with Virginia)

The young mare quietly helped the lower-ranked Freelancer operatives as they carried the supplies and materials off the airship. Her head swam in thoughts about the recent events in Equinia, and to be honest, she could hardly believe it...even after seeing it with her own eyes. If a single creature could destroy an entire city that huge by themselves, what chance did anypony here have against that?! Shuddering as she carried a box of comm-links, she heard what Harmony said to her, and offered a weak smile. "...I guess. However, the training y'all put your agents through was nothing compared to the Shade Corps training regimes...that's why they're as easy as baking an apple pie!" Applebloom's accent had faded over time, but she still was used to saying "y'all" and cowpony metaphors. Setting the crate down with the other supplies, she turned and grinned at her partner, her tongue sticking out foalishly. "...but anywho, thank you, Harmony. I suppose you are right, though...I could use a new family, after what happened to my...my old one. I know they are alive, but...I can't show myself until my brother and sister are no longer at each other's throats. Anyway, y'all said you were going to show me around?"

She giggled as Harmony nudged her along, leading her away. As they made their way to the command deck, her smile disappeared as she overheard the conversation between Washington and the Officer. Clenching Harmony's hoof gently, she offered a gentle, reassuring smile to her special somepony, before letting go and approaching Agent Washington. "...I'm here, sir, and I overheard the orders. I assume that we will be leaving promptly, yes? If I may ask, though...do y'all know what the Director could possibly want...or rather, why he is dragging all of us to the Main HQ? Perhaps I am just being a rookie here...but something doesn't feel right about this...its like a snake hiding in my boot."

Harmony (Freelancer Equina Base with Washington and Virginia)

"You were in the Shade Corp before joining Freelancer. You were mentally and physically capable and Shade Corp are unnecessarily way too brutal to their recruits I genuinely feel sorry for those poor recruits, not to mention the advantage of having years of combat experience with you, very few make it to be Agents since the training regimes are designed to make the perfect soldiers or something like that just less brutal as the Shades...But I guess some were just meant to be Agents...You proved that I may've given a good word in for ya too, just to be sure." Harmony slyly smirked to the soon-to-be Agent and her special somepony who grinned and stuck her tongue out at her, she gave Virginia a slightly suggestive look and snickered as Virginia acted like a foal despite her age and she couldn't help but secretly find the cowpony metaphors and mannerisms deadly cute. "Your welcome Apple I couldn't let a good pony like you suffer like that on your own, I understand Apple sometimes me and my sister would've been at each other's throats over something that's stupid or just not worth it, yet we always made up in the end..." she paused for a moment and smiled fondly at the memories of her and her sister before Apple suggested showing her around and obliged gladly leading her around.

Harmony watched Virginia who spoke to Washington blushing ever so slightly hoping she'd come along with her special somepony as she didn't really want to be left on the sidelines here at the Equina base while something potentially bigger was going on at HQ. She saluted to the more seasoned Agent who approached them both.

============================================================================

Agent Washington (Command deck with Virginia and Harmony)

Washington was about to leave the command deck until a young red-maned mare in Freelancer armour approached him abruptly. Surprised and caught a bit off guard at how young the mare looked he wondered curiously before examining her a little then finally noticed she was Agent Virginia, "Virginia?, Hey I'm Agent Washington but call me Wash, everyone refers me to that apart from the officers who refer to my by my official title and callsign, I heard about your Selection trials, impressive and relentless but brutal. Kind of reminds me of Maine oddly enough. Don't worry you'll know who Maine and who the other agents are soon enough when we're back at base...your fighting style looked familiar, Shade Corp I assume?, They always were... Unnecessarily brutal, no offense intended..." he friendly offered his hoof to the soon-to-be Agent seemingly genuinely intrigued by the young mare in front of him and complimented her on her Selection trials, he then motioned Harmony over with them "Hey 4-6-9er, Command also requested if you came along too they need a dropship pilot soon for a series of missions you'll be taking your dropship with us." Washington quickly motioned to Harmony to ready her dropship to leave with them.

"Sure, It'll be ready by the time we're ready to move. I'll fire it up and meet you and Virginia there, see you two later." Harmony nodded to Wash and Virginia before kissing Virginia on the lips quickly and disappearing out of the command deck to her drop ship Wash noticed a little smirk on her face. He gave the two ponies a curious look as Harmony kissed Virginia then shook it off to stay focussed on the task at hand and motioned Virginia to walk with him outside, "So Virginia, how are you finding your way at Freelancer?, hopefully with your experience your induction should come around shortly and to be honest I haven't heard much of the Shade Corp since leaving the old Loyalist days before the Revolution. It's a long story and quite frankly it taught me a lesson of always watch your back even keep an eye on your superiors, that is until I joined Freelancer." Washington asked Virginia casually trying to strike up a conversation with the new soon-to-be Agent to gain some insight into the mare just in case if they were paired up in future missions.

"Yeah the logistics are being sorted a refuelling tanker will meet us along the way...As for why we're leaving, even I have no idea but it's coming from the Director himself so it must be important. Usually circumstances like these usually signify that we've reached a successfully huge breakthrough that'll have a direct effect for Agents and Freelancer as a whole." Washington answered the mare's question confidently while marching outside to the airfield with Freelancer troopers stopping and saluting the two agents with huge respect.

>[colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, LEH training area with Draco)

The dragonness picked up the scalemail and smiled at Draco. [colour=#ff8c00]"Not an option."[/colour] She said as she quickly took off his barding and replaced it with the training armor.

[colour=#ff8c00]"PFFTT!!!"[/colour] Kaalia nearly choked from trying to hold back the laughter.[colour=#ff8c00] "You really think that Karrthus, that big ole teddy bear, would harm anything?"[/colour] Her giggling fit started to die down and she wiped a tear from her eye. [colour=#ff8c00]"Phew! Feels like it just got ten degrees warmer, screw this im taking off the stupid cloak, you wouldn't recognize me anyway." [/colour]She reached up to the clasp on her neck and unfastened it. The taut cloak slackened and she lowered the hood. Her ears twitched from the exposure to the cool air in the armory. She had deep purple spikes where a pony would have a mane, and orange scales covered her entire body, her changed had darkened her coloring significantly. Kaalia let the coat drop to the floor, revealing an equine body of similar proportions to Princess Cadence's. As she stretched out like a cat her scales and spikes began to separate and soften until they turned into thousands of individual hair strands, making it seem like the broodmother had a coat and a mane. She stretched out her wings to their full span, near the bases of them they were made up of a fleshy membrane like all dragon wings, but about halfway to the tips the membrane gave way to feathers. Her tail swished back and forth, showing her happiness at finally being out of that constrictive cloak. [colour=#ff8c00]"Ah it feels so good to be free!" [/colour]

She looked back at Draco with her light purple eyes.[colour=#ff8c00] "Okay, now I need you to try and come with me."[/colour]

She lead the stallion out back to an even larger training area built on the outskirts of the city. Knights and Praetorian's were sparring, running obstacle courses, running drill, practicing weaoon forms, and doing general PT everywhere. [colour=#ff8c00]"So i'm going to test the waters with you."[/colour] She draped a leg across the back of Draco's neck a gestured towards each training area with her other hoof. [colour=#ff8c00]"Pick your poison."[/colour]

Draco felt like he was about to be crushed into dust for a moment then he slowly but surely got used to it that's when he spied the full visage of Kaalia with her almost equine body and dragon like features he soon became very very confused.. "[colour=#008000]umm Miss Kaalia forgive me but.. w-what exactly are you?.." [/colour]he said as they went to the training area where she told him to choose.. [colour=#008000]"ummm... uhh how about... some sparring... to see how my skill level compares to the knights.."[/colour] he also added. [colour=#008000]"and before you send me home in a body bag.. allow me to answer your other question.. Names Draco."[/colour]

- Outskirt of Equina, with Striker -

Chrysalis tilted her head, even though he couldn't see her. Except for her hair the rain didn't seem to affect her at all. Her bug like wings were strong enough to shake off the water and her carapace was not getting soaked like the coat of a pony would. She stepped a bit closer, but kept her distance, she didn't want to force a fight right here - but her voice wasn't supporting it.

It was filled with anger. She was stomping at the ground with her hoof once. [colour=#009966]"Not the caring type? Do you have any idea?! You fool!"[/colour], she kept talking, taking no break for him to respond, [colour=#009966]"let me tell you my story for a change. My mother reigned this hive with fear - when she died and I took over I changed everything! I learned my subjects to love me - to respect me. When I was trying to take over Canterlot I wanted them to have food, strength - they were drained so badly. It's an horrible feeling that you cannot understand, pony. When I allied with the GEF I hoped for a better future for them, but I got betrayed. The Red Fox, Twilight Sparkle, she gave me nothing and took everything. My hope was gone, I felt like a loser that led her hive to doom"[/colour], her voice was whiny by now, but got brighter again,[colour=#009966] "then I found out about Cadence, the RLF - I risked my life and the one of my best friend just to save my former enemy. All I want is my subjects to live in peace with everypony and to be with Cadance. So I'm not the caring type, huh? Who is then? You? Twilight?"[/colour], Chrysalis sighed,[colour=#009966] "I was just trying to help; win your sympathy - but you seem to rather dwell in your loneliness."[/colour]

Now she was the one to turn her back on him - not expecting him to talk back or even turn around.

(I really HATE canterlot for always breaking down when I am done writing my post - this one is delayed by 10 hours)

[colour=#006400]Capt. Star Striker - Equina Ruins Sector with Chrysalis[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"You are the fool, Chrysalis..." [/colour]he mutters in anger, still refusing to turn to face her. [colour=#006400]"You may be able to sense somepony's pain but... that doesn't mean that you can understand it... understand my suffering..." [/colour]he says with a growl[colour=#006400]. "The pain I feel... this... new pain... I don't even understand it... the pain I felt before was so straight forward and simple. I knew it, I owned it, and I embraced it. It was what drove me... drove my vengence... gave my life purpose but, now..." [/colour]Striker stops when re realizes that he was about to reveal the nature of his suffering to Chrysalis, however... he gets an idea. Perhaps she can be a valuable ally for this war to come... if kept on a leash. He turns back to Chrysalis with softer but still stern eyes. [colour=#006400]"Tell me Chrysalis... what is your goal in helping me? Why do you want to? What are your intentions?"[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Sympathy"[/colour], she repeated for the stallion, looking over her shoulder, [colour=#009966]"I want ponies to understand that we are no monsters, no evil creatures that just seek to feed from other emotions - we would rather get those emotions out of free will. My mother didn't like that thought, but I and my subject do want peace and I will put every last bit of my strength into this. Why would I attempt to get the sympathy of an entire race if I can't even get yours by helping you?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#000000]

[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Sympathy[/colour][/colour][colour=#008080]"[/colour][colour=#000000], she repeated for the stallion, looking over her shoulder,[/colour][colour=#006400] [colour=#009966]"I want ponies to understand that we are no monsters, no evil creatures that just seek to feed from other emotions - we would rather get those emotions out of free will. My mother didn't like that thought, but I and my subject do want peace and I will put every last bit of my strength into this. Why would I attempt to get the sympathy of an entire race if I can't even get yours by helping you?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

[/colour][/colour]

=======>>> [colour=#006400]Capt. Star Striker - Equina Ruins Sector with Chrysalis[/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#006400]"I see... you seek redemption." [/colour][colour=#000000]Striker comments. He senses no deception on the Queen's part. Perhaps her file has her all wrong? He turns to face her.[/colour] [colour=#006400] "If you truely seek to assist me and take a significant step forward towards your goal then I will accept but, on one condition." [/colour][/colour]Str[colour=#006400][colour=#000000]iker's eyes and his body language return to his usual militant style although his face carries much serious weight. [/colour][colour=#006400]"We cannot speak here. I know of a secluded place but it is far from here. If you accept I will tell you all you need to know... within reason. So..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Striker reaches out his hoof. [/colour][colour=#006400]"Do you accept these terms, Queen Chrysalis?"[/colour][/colour]