Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Revised: Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

>[colour=#ff8c00] Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, LEH camp)

She tried to hold in her laughter, Draco could actually be hurt. She shot a flat look at Thunder Maw, who shrunk under the dragoness' gaze. Kaalia trotted over to Draco and offered him a hoof to help him up. [colour=#ff8c00]"You okay?"[/colour] She asked. [colour=#ff8c00]"I'm actually pretty impressed. Thunder Maw hasn't been training with use very long, but he's still strong enough to casually shatter concrete. I'm surprised your bones aren't dust right now."[/colour] She finally released her giggle. This stallion was already more than he thought he was, exactly how powerful would he become in the future.

he ached all over and felt like he was thrown by a mac truck but otherwise he felt proud. [colour=#008000]"oh never better... so i did good?"[/colour] he asked.[colour=#008000]"im not dead so that always good."[/colour] he looked around at the training area and all he could think of was [colour=#008000]"whats next?"[/colour]

Striker just sits blank after his fit of anger. His face is expressionless... [colour=#006400]"I... I don't know... but she was my one and only... she completed me... made me more than just a soldier... I was and always will be loyal to her, even in death..." [/colour]He doesn't look at Chrysalis. His eyes gaze aimlessly in front of him. [colour=#006400]"Tender Care... my little bit of TLC... I miss you so much..." [/colour]he whispers to himself on the verge of tears...

[colour=#009966]"Snap out of it!"[/colour], Chrysalis said, royally annoyed by Strikers missing affection towards her, [colour=#009966]"do you really think your men don't realize how you feel? How hopeless you are? That you are still crying about the past? They will lose trust, maybe even become disloyal! You need to be strong for them... you cannot be a weak leader, you just can't Striker."[/colour] She moves her face directly infront of him now, so he has to stare into her deep green eyes, this hypnotizing evil eyes.

> Baxter and [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (Equinia, City Square)

A griffons ears were some of the best sensory organs on the planet, few things sounds escape the hearing of an alert UGN soldier. The griffon looked around to see who had called his name. His eyes settled on a familiar looking changeling. He remembered the changeling from meetings that they never got to have because of Pierrot's attack on the capitol. "General Doppleganger." He said acknowledging him. Baxter gestured for Dopple to join him and Quick Scope.

> [colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, LEH camp)

She nodded at Draco's question, he did good yes, but it was also foolish.[colour=#ff8c00] "Well, your body's probably on fire, but this isn't were the day ends."[/colour] Her ears drooped and her excited demeanor deflated slighly.[colour=#ff8c00] "I guess it's time for the part of the training that I hate the most."[/colour] She lightly tugged on Draco's tail with her teeth to get him to follow him. They walked for a few seconds before coming to a large building beat up building that no pony seemed to pay any attention to. [colour=#ff8c00]"This is where most of your combat training will occur, I will be over seeing your progress until I think you are ready for what Karrthus has in store for you."[/colour] She walked lead them into the building and flipped a light switch, illuminating the entire structure. It looked to be an emptied out industrial warehouse. She walked until they were in the middle of the massive room. She turned to Draco, and narrowed her eyes at him.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Defend yourself!"[/colour] the dragonness commanded. Her coat hardened and locked down into scales and her mane locked up into spikes. Magma started to drip from her mouth and she inhaled.

[colour=#009966]"Snap out of it!"[/colour], Chrysalis said, royally annoyed by Strikers missing affection towards her, [colour=#009966]"do you really think your men don't realize how you feel? How hopeless you are? That you are still crying about the past? They will lose trust, maybe even become disloyal! You need to be strong for them... you cannot be a weak leader, you just can't Striker."[/colour] She moves her face directly infront of him now, so he has to stare into her deep green eyes, this hypnotizing evil eyes.

The Ranger glares at Chrysalis. [colour=#006400]"Then what do you propose I do then, Chrysalis?... You can't even imagine this pain that I am chained to... I hold on to the past because it keeps me alive with a sense of purpose regardless of what I must endure! I love her and I always will! I live for her! I will never foresake her! The only reason why I am having trouble now is because of Tw-"[/colour] he stops himself again. Twilight? Why does her name keep poping up? Why does her name also pull at his heart-strings? What is happening to him? He looks away from Chrysalis with a frustrated exhale.

Dopple smiled softly seeing baxter gesture him for company. He took the the bundle in his mouth gently and flew up to the building he put the budle gently on the ground making sure what wad inside remained undisturbed. "its been a long tine baxter" he looked up at quickscope. "M'am" he didnt know the female Griffons name but still felt he should acknowledge her prescence

That was enough for Chrysalis, she knew now what was going on inside of Striker. He seeks revenge for his one true love, but Twilight - even though she is responsible for Strikers pain - is waking feelings inside of him, maybe because she isn't as cruel as she seems to be? Maybe she wasn't herself while she was the Red Fox? (Chrys doesn't know that so she has to guess).

[colour=#009966]"Striker..."[/colour], she whispered, [colour=#009966]"don't do this to yourself."[/colour] Her expression changed to one of pity, now a bit further back from him. [colour=#009966]"You can't bring her back to life with revenge. But you can save a lot of ponies from a similar destiny if you focus on what is important instead of your vengence. Help me with climbing the throne and I will take care that there is peace and noone loses his or her love... you know how important love is to me... I would even take yours right now.[/colour]" She whispered that last part, but clearly hearable.

Striker lets out a deep sigh... but still doesn't look at Chrysalis, even with her final words which stun him. Why? Why would she say that? [colour=#006400]"Chrysalis... I always felt that I buried the last of my love with Staff Serg-.... with Tender Care... I went throughout the rest of this war bitter and with a hatred that burned hotter than the sun above or the fires of Tartarus below... it helped numb the pain until... until I confronted Twilight..." [/colour]he says softly, showing a much more gentle side of himself... the rose that hides behind the thorns... He finally looks at Chrysalis, his eyes are now softer and are full of sadness and confusion.[colour=#006400] "I... I appreciate the offer, Chrysalis but... I... I think my heart is bleeding for another..." [/colour] Striker is silent for a few seconds until suddenly, out of nowhere, he stands and flips the table in a fit of rage fueled by great pain. The table flies across the room until it hits the wall. The broken Ranger then drops to his knees and weeps right in front of Chrysalis... [colour=#006400]"Tender Care... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I couldn't protect you and you died patching up my pathetic little flesh wound... I'm sorry!... I failed you once and now my heart is betraying you... I don't want to feel like this! MAKE THESE FEELINGS GO AWAY!!!" [/colour]he cries hysterically. The pain in his heart becomes evident now. Striker can't deny now that his heart is longing for Twlight while at the same time holding on to his love of Tender Care. His heart is ripped in two... and bleeds out for Chrysalis see... this is what is inside him...

Suddenly he draws his revolver, loads the red bullet from the floor, presses the barrel against his temple, and closes his eyes... [colour=#006400]"MAKE IT STOP!!!"[/colour]

>Rainbow Dash (Equinia, Federal Infirmary in a comatose state)

She drifted in silence amongst a sea of black clouds, a cold wind whipping around her slim figure. There was no sunlight, moonlight, or starlight...just a swirling mass of thunderheads that roared in fierce defiance of...what? Rainbow looked around lazily, her eyes as cloudy as the sky around her. Above her stood a massive sapphire orb, below her a similar-sized ruby, both swirling due to the large amount of wind pressure within this storm. Her body settled upon the top of the ruby, and she sat up, gazing into the clouds afar.

Looking at the swirling mass, her thoughts drifted away. What is this place...? It looks so familiar...so normal...is it my heart, or my mind? I can't tell how long I have been here...an hour, a day, a year? It is all a blur. My friends...my family...are they dead? Am I dead? Not like it matters, though...not in a place like this. Hmm...? Who are you?" She asked in a quiet, calm voice when spotting the entirely black-robed figure before her. The creature before her let out an audible sigh. "...is this what the Bearer of Ambition has become? Pathetic...your past selves must be in agony, seeing you this way. Although, I do have to applaud you for cleaning up the mess I made..." The figure summoned an onyx throne, before sitting down on it and gazing at her with dark-blue eyes, which glowed with a mysteriously-sad light.

Rainbow watched him curiously, until he spoke, and at the end of it her searching expression became blackened with anger. "Y-you...you are the one who destroyed Equinia? Why?! All those innocents...WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO YOU?!" Her body shook with rage, her eyes blazing with emotional fire. Despite the open display of hatred, the figure made no movements other than another loud sigh. The unknown creature raised it's...hooves?...to its cowl, lowering it and finally revealing itself. It was obviously male, with a long sharp horn, with a very pale white coat and blonde mane. An Alicorn...with perhaps the most sorrowful expression she had ever seen. "...yes, I regrettably was. A most unfortunate event...but one that couldn't be helped. My name is Pierrot...youngest son of the late King Universal, and rightful heir to the World itself."

The pegasus mare froze, her eyes staring up and down at Pierrot. This...this was an Alicorn...the perpetrator of all that destruction...was an Alicorn?! Th-that couldn't be right...could it? "...where are we? What is it that you want? Pierrot made a grand gesture to the storm around them, his face never changing. "This? This is your soul, Rainbow Dash...you have retreated into it, to preserve your life while in your coma. The storm symbolizes the conflict within you...and the two gems the opposing sides of your conscience about your past actions. As for what I want..." He lowered his arms and leaned in closer, his blue eyes as piercing as daggers. "...I want to awaken you from your comatose state. The longer you sleep...the greater chance you will die. I cannot have that. You must possess the Key of Ambition and open the Goliath with the other five Bearers. I wish to revive my father's Empire...and I need the Goliath to do so. You see, if any of you Bearers die, I must wait another thousand years...that cannot happen. So...I will help you awake, by making you confront a memory that has plagued your mind for some time now."

None of this made sense to her, and as she was about to voice her protest, Pierrot clapped his hooves together and the world around her faded...repainting itself into a large, fire-lit bedroom. The walls were painted a dull red, and antique furniture laid everywhere. In the corner sat Twilight in front of a mirror-stand as she combed her mane, looking at herself quietly. Rainbow looked down at herself, seeing the signature Chancellor uniform on her body and the medallion that showed her office. She remembered this...it occured shortly before they left for Starlight Hill. Looking back up at Twilight, she tried to open her mouth to speak, but Twilight interrupted her.

"...you know, Rainbow...throughout all of this, you're the only one I could still consider my friend. Before, you said that they would be able to understand the mare I am...but that isn't the case, nor will it ever be the case."

"Twilight, I..."

"No...hush, please. I called for you because this is urgent...I had another vision last night...I saw my own death. I had already confirmed it with Herald...there is no preventing it. I can't tell when it will happen...but it is soon. When I die...you are to take command of the Federation, and lead an exodus away from Equestria. I cannot tell you why...just do as I say, please...I have made many mistakes in my life...I cannot let my last one destroy our people."

"What do you mean, Twilight? What mistake are you going to make? Tell me, maybe I can help-" She was cut off when the room began to tremble and warp. Her eyes widening in alarm, she gazed around frantically before lookinng back at Twilight. "Please...! Tell me! Hurry!" Suddenly, the room collapsed inwardly, and the world blackened around her. Rainbow let out a silent scream of frustration and fear, before it too disappeared. Then, the light came back to her eyes, and in a severe haste she opened them and practically leapt from her bed, ripping the chords connected to her off and falling face-first onto the cold infirmary ground below her. Groggily lifting her head, she saw the sunlight through the curtains of her window, before collapsing once more. Dear Celestia, she was exhausted...and she must have slept for who knows how long. A gentle, calm voice echoed in the back of her mind as infirmary attendants began to lift her up, making excited shouts and tending to her.

Remember your promise, Rainbow Dash...show your loyalty once more.

> Baxter and [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (Equinia, City Square with Doppleganger)

"Quick Scope you remember Doppleganger from the monastery." He said looking at her. "And General, this is Quick Scope, one of the griffons under my command." He introduced the two.

[colour=#800000]"Charmed."[/colour] Quick Scope said to the changeling warmly.

"It really hasn't been that long, but with everything that's happening yeah, I does feel like its been a while." He said as he looked out over the crowd. Baxter had an idea of what Free was going to say, but he still wanted to be here for his speech. He noticed that Doppleganger seemed to have something with him, while it wasn't his usual place to pry, he really didn't have much better to do at the moment. "So, what's that with you?"

>[colour=#ffa500]Applejack[/colour] (central equinia, with Alpha inForce and Dopple)

Applejack huffed as she waited in the crowd, this wasn't like Free at all. He hated any type of public display, let alone speeches. That was normally her job. Spotting Baxter and Quickscope, she trotted over to greet them slowly. [colour=#ffa500]"Howdy Baxter." [/colour]She said while tipping her hat, before noticing Dopple was there as well, the changeling that had been at Starlight Hill.[colour=#ffa500] "Oh. You aswell."[/colour] Applejack near growled in greeting to Dopple. Looking back to the griffons, she raised her eyebrow as she asked, [colour=#ffa500]"Any idea what General Free has to say? I'm worried about him, he's been............. Different lately." [/colour]As she said this though, the crowd began to part, letting through a sorry old stallion with a limp. Applejack gulped quietly, worrying about what was going to transpire.

>[colour=#000080]Free Quickhoof [/colour](Central Equinia, with Alpha inForce and Dopple)

(music for zeh mood) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXVsSaZ8FaI&list=PL8nrtwOREldWnjjbEXHFOo13uOIlhlNeQ&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Life had been moving so quickly lately, one event after another just like that for the stallion that now walked through the parted crowd. The breakout from Blacklight prison, the negotiations up on Starlight Hill, the attack on Equinia.......... Free could care less. All he wanted now was peace, and he knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Coughing and clearing his throat as he got up onto the stage, he looked out across the gathered crowd. Ponies of all races and ages, griffons and even a few dragons had gathered today. Sighing, he nodded. Now was the time.

[colour=#000080]"Some ponies call me a monster, some a crazed madman. Some a faithful commander, some a friend. Today, I want you all to call me as an equal. And as an equal, I share my gift of knowledge. My knowledge of what happened before, throughout, and after the war. Your great leader, Twilight Sparkle, slayer of the Red Fox. She did indeed slay the monster who once led your great faction. But that monster.............. it was herself. Indeed, Twilight Sparkle WAS in fact the Red Fox. But she was also not. Something just tells me that she, one of the bearers of friendship, could not have performed those atrocities. Do not ask me how I know this for sure, but I do know one thing for sure. Do not doubt her, however a broken mare she is. Now, for my main announcement." [/colour]Somehow, the crowd was still silent. Free was sure they would have been in uproar by now, but suprisingly, they were all calm and civil, the most noise erupting was a few murmurs.

[colour=#000080]"As some of you may have guessed, I am getting on in the years. Not just in body, but in mind as well. I am finding it harder to....... well....... act sane. Some of you may have seen my little fiasco at the events of the white dome earlier today. Now be assured, I was well under the influence at the time, but that does not excuse me for any of the wrongs I commited. Nothing, can excuse me from any of the wrongs I have commited throughout my life. And it is for this reason, that I step down as commander of the RLF."[/colour] Now the crowd really was in uproar. Many of Free's soldiers were there, and they sure as hay expressed their complaints. Applejack just stood there, wide mouthed, unable to comprehend what she was hearing.

Free whipped out his revolver and fired a shot in the air, silencing the crowd. He wore a steely, tired gaze. [colour=#000080]"I hand over control of the RLF to Commander Applejack and Captain Striker."[/colour] Tears started to fall down the stallions face. He looked out across the crowd to a single, lavender mare. Tears began to form in her eyes as well. [colour=#000080]"Happy birthday sis."[/colour] With those last three words, Free raised the gun to his temple, sniffling slightly.

>[colour=#800080]Lavender Bloom [/colour](Central Equinia)

Lavender's eyes widened as her brother raised the gun to his head, flaring her wings and starting to scream as she pushed through the crowd. But it was too late. Free closed his eyes and fired. His blood landed on her deep purple coat. [colour=#800080]"No..........." [/colour]The young pegasus whimpered. She dropped to her knees and held her brother's body in her hooves, tears streaming down her face like waterfalls. [colour=#800080]"No, no no no no no!" [/colour]She yelled, crying openly now. The crowd was in uproar again, but the dull pain in her head blocked it out. [colour=#800080]Why? Why kill yourself? What happened to you? [/colour]Questions flooded her now fragile mind, but she couldn't take it. Lavender passed out next to her brother's corpse.

Striker lets out a deep sigh... but still doesn't look at Chrysalis, even with her final words which stun him. Why? Why would she say that? [colour=#006400]"Chrysalis... I always felt that I buried the last of my love with Staff Serg-.... with Tender Care... I went throughout the rest of this war bitter and with a hatred that burned hotter than the sun above or the fires of Tartarus below... it helped numb the pain until... until I confronted Twilight..." [/colour]he says softly, showing a much more gentle side of himself... the rose that hides behind the thorns... He finally looks at Chrysalis, his eyes are now softer and are full of sadness and confusion.[colour=#006400] "I... I appreciate the offer, Chrysalis but... I... I think my heart is bleeding for another..." [/colour] Striker is silent for a few seconds until suddenly, out of nowhere, he stands and flips the table in a fit of rage fueled by great pain. The table flies across the room until it hits the wall. The broken Ranger then drops to his knees and weeps right in front of Chrysalis... [colour=#006400]"Tender Care... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I couldn't protect you and you died patching up my pathetic little flesh wound... I'm sorry!... I failed you once and now my heart is betraying you... I don't want to feel like this! MAKE THESE FEELINGS GO AWAY!!!" [/colour]he cries hysterically. The pain in his heart becomes evident now. Striker can't deny now that his heart is longing for Twlight while at the same time holding on to his love of Tender Care. His heart is ripped in two... and bleeds out for Chrysalis see... this is what is inside him...

Suddenly he draws his revolver, loads the red bullet from the floor, presses the barrel against his temple, and closes his eyes... [colour=#006400]"MAKE IT STOP!!!"[/colour]

The changeling sighs - why can't he give in already? Why can't he just be reasonable? She has to stop him from doing something stupid, right now. Her crooked horn glows green and the revolver as well as it flys to the wall, smashing against it and then falling to the ground.

[colour=#009966]"Get a hold of yourself soldier!"[/colour], she said, hoping it would remind Striker of what he was. She throws him over by stomping him into the chest with her hoof until he lies on his back and she stands above him.[colour=#009966] "You need to stop holding on, stop denying what you feel and also stop denying me! Then it will stop, all the pain will go away. But if you cling to your sorrow you might as well shoot you right now. God if Tender Care could see you right now! She would cry!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Captain Star Striker with Queen Chrysalis - RLF Secret Bunker, Interregation Room[/colour]

Those words snap the broken Ranger back to his sanity as he looks up at the changeling queen. He sorrowful eyes harden and he stands. He looks at Chrysalis and pauses. He takes two steps toward her but then turns away when he hears her words about his love and how she would act if she saw him like this... what she probably is seeing... A few silent tears drip from his face. [colour=#006400]"I'm sorry, hunny..."[/colour] he says softly. He feels so ashamed with himself...

>Dopple-Ganger (Equinia City Squre

With Baxter and QuickScope)

As Dopple took in what Free said a small frown came to his face he didnt know free but he knew he was a good leader. He then heard Baxter ask him about the bundle. "oh! This?" he said a little uneasy. "i guess theres no harm showing you" Dopple had no problem showing this ti Baxter but wondered what the reaction would be. He placed yhe bundle gently in between the three ofthem and untied a few strings that had it secured. He then nudged the bundle a few times with his nose and whispers "come on out now." with that the bundle began to wiggle a little and a changeling filly popped her head out,

[colour=#006400]Captain Star Striker with Queen Chrysalis - RLF Secret Bunker, Interregation Room[/colour]

Those words snap the broken Ranger back to his sanity as he looks up at the changeling queen. He sorrowful eyes harden and he stands. He looks at Chrysalis and pauses. He takes two steps toward her but then turns away when he hears her words about his love and how she would act if she saw him like this... what she probably is seeing... A few silent tears drip from his face. [colour=#006400]"I'm sorry, hunny..."[/colour] he says softly. He feels so ashamed with himself...

(Ya give me less and less to react to >_<)

[colour=#009966]"Come back to this world Striker, you cannot dream, cannot dwell, you need to listen to me - you have to let her go, never forget her, but let her go. There will never be peace inside your heart if you hold on"[/colour], she was repeating it, trying to finally make Striker come to senses. Her body glows slightly green, either from the amount of love Striker has for the mare he lost or there was a spark inside of him... towards Chrysalis.

Draco Yelped in surprise this was unexpected somepony who was probably a master at fighting was now about to attack him and his body acted more on instinct his scales seemed to lock in and he flared his wings out ready to defend himself he was not sure how much this would hurt but he assumed it would hurt enough...

Striker's knows that Chrysalis is right... to an extent. This is making him weaker. If this state of mind he will only bring danger to his comrades but he doesn't know if he can do that. Suddenly, the massive steel door opens. The base's commading office, Major Briggs, enters the room alone with a blank expression about his face. Striker salutes his superior officer, as he does in return. [colour=#008080]"Captain Striker, I'm sorry for interrupting your interrigation but I need to speak with you... in private."[/colour] he says bluntly.

[colour=#006400]"Yes, sir."[/colour] he promptly replies. He glances at Chrysalis and then back to the Major. [colour=#006400] "May I see our guest out first, sir?"[/colour]

Major Briggs noddes. [colour=#008080]"Very well, after you are done report to my office immediately."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Sir!"[/colour] Striker says with a salute. He retrieves Chrysalis and escorts all the way back from once they came. After several minutes of various hallways and one giant elevator ride, they arrive at the helipads. The same Black Hawk was refueled and ready to transport Chrysalis back to the city. Before they leave the elevator, the soldier turns to Chrysalis. [colour=#006400]"Your majesty... thank you for your words and more so your ears. I really need to let that out. I don't know if my heart will ever heal... I can't let go. It feels like I would be letting go part of my soul too... regardless, I thank you an I will seek you out if I need further help with this. At least you tried to help this broken soldier. Consider me and my men your allies in the coming war with this Pierrot..." [/colour]He pauses. His eyes become soft again as he looks into hers. [colour=#006400] "...also... I know what you were trying to do back there... if only it was another time and I was another stallion... I'm sorry that I don't feel the same toward you... forgive me. Thank you for all you done, your majesty. Strength and honor be with you, Queen Chrysalis."[/colour] he says kindly to her. They were truely his first kind words he spoke to her ever.

[colour=#009966]"Maybe another time, not another stallion"[/colour], Chrysalis answered, happy this session was over. At least she could reach deeply into his mind and plant a seed. A seed that will make him let go when the time has come and he will realize his free will and freedom and decide to do the right thing. He will be happy in the end - except if something happens to him, but Chrysalis would try to prevent that, if she could.

[colour=#009966]"Very well Striker, I am glad I won your loyalty. Let your love be with me.[/colour]"

[colour=#000000]She paused.[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"I have to try reigning this land - not at every cost, but for what it's worth. I won't walk over dozen of bodies to get there is what I intend to say, but if its for the greater good I will. Remember my words: As long as I am not on the throne I cannot guarantee that the leader won't betray this country again and lead into times like this. Times where people die, innocent people like Tender Care."[/colour] She choosed those words carefully, ending with the name of his lost love - this way he will remember and maybe understand.

Striker eyes become emotionless. Her words of (her) love and her ruling of Equestria (and there frequency of use) begin to make Striker question this newfound alliance already. He doesn't reveal this but his expression changes back to that of usual military demeanor. With his last words he tries to make a point clear to her. [colour=#006400]"Chrysalis... you can't have something that isn't yours to have..."[/colour] he says coldly. [colour=#006400] "I will assist you in these times of war and uncertainty but I am not here to further your political agendas. I am here to perform that oath I took so long ago. I will protect Equestria from ALL threats both foriegn and DOMESTIC. That is my purpose..." [/colour]He helps her up into the aircraft, blindfolds her again (reluctantly), and secures her seatbelts. The spinning blades create quite a gust upon the helipad. Hoping off the aircraft, he looks up to her one final time. [colour=#006400]"Goodbye, Queen Chrysalis... don't disapoint me..." [/colour] Striker turns and walks away as the Black Hawk lifts up and through the maw of the facility, after which it closes. He makes his way to the elevator and decends to the 3rd from the last floor, the Intel Processing and Archives. As he decends her words still ring in his ears. [colour=#006400]"Don't make me regret this, changeling... or I will come for you too..."[/colour]

He arives at the designated floor and proceeds down a long and reinforced tunnel leading to the command center deep withing the adjacent mountains. This part of the facility also has a barracks, a vehicle depot, and the main armory. It also contains the facility's command center and Comms Relay that resides higher up into the mountains which is also connected to a fairly large comm station desguised as a weather monitering station with various antennas and dishes who's actual purpose was stated. Striker arrives withing the command center which consists of a large central room furnished with various computer systems and other advanced information tech. There are several adjacent offices that are designed as the working spaces for the higher ups in the chain of command. Striker finds Major Briggs office and formally enters the room after knocking. [colour=#008080]"Oh, good, Striker, come in."[/colour] says Briggs as he ushers him in. They greet with salutes again and sit across from eachother.

[colour=#006400]"What is it that you wished to discuss with me, sir?"[/colour] the Ranger asks curiously. Briggs face becomes blank as he stands and turns away from his comrade. He takes a deep breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU

[colour=#008080]"General Free is dead, Striker... he killed himself in a public display today within the city of Equina. That incident with the fugative, Lunar Rush, that you and Free witnessed made the General enter some sort of psychosis... it was too late before we could contact him and administer the proper treatment... his body still resides within the city and we are planning a public military funeral."[/colour]

The words freeze the broken soldier. His eyes widen and his muscles tighten at the news of his CO's... his friend's death. Striker manages to keep his composure as he stands. [colour=#006400] "I see... tis a shame, sir... he... he was a good stallion and a great soldier. His name brought the RLF much honor. He will be missed."[/colour] he says in his usual voice but it is lower with a hint of sorrow. [colour=#006400]"Is that all, sir?"[/colour] he asks polietly desperately wanting to leave to grieve in private.

[colour=#008080]"Captain, within his final entries into his personal logs it is revealed that Commander Applejack and yourself are to lead the RLF in his absence. It states that Applejack will be promoted to Major General upon his death... and you to Colonel... sir." [/colour]With that he salutes Col. Star Striker. [colour=#008080]"This was his final gift to you and Major Gen. Applejack, sir." [/colour]he says softly. Both men are filled with sorrow for their lost comrade.

[colour=#006400]"I will lead his funeral service, Major. He gave me this honor in death so while I still breath I going to repay the favour..." [/colour]he says with pride. [colour=#006400]"... its the least I can do for my old friend."[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"I am honored to hear that, Colonel. Shall I patch word ahead of your trip to Equina, sir?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Not yet, Major. The funeral will be in 3 days and I must make preperations, dismissed."[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Sir!"[/colour] he salutes.

Striker then wanders aimlessly back to the main elevator and makes his way to the barracks and back to his room. He enters and shuts the door quietly then runs to the trash can and throws up. After a few painful seconds, the soldier walks over to his desk and sits down slowly. Time has appeared to stop for the new Colonel... He reaches into his mini fridge and takes out his special brandy that he was saving for the two when they won the war... that old b****** deserves a drink now. He pours two large whiskey glasses, sets one infront of himself and one on the opposite end of his desk. He lifts his glass as if toasting to somepony across from him.

[colour=#006400]"The alicorn born to those who pledge their lives and sacred honor[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Was smiled upon by the gods and freed from chains and iron collar[/colour]

[colour=#006400]He is held aloft on unity, and by History, revered[/colour]

[colour=#006400]For preserving peace through strength his wings now reach across 200 years...[/colour]

[colour=#006400]... but for each of those and more aplenty[/colour]

[colour=#006400]The Gods have smiled upon the Army[/colour]

[colour=#006400]From the Everfree Forest to the Eastern Groves, by sword, by gun, or by bare hooves.[/colour]

[colour=#006400]So it's been and shall be weighted:[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Though many are born... few are "made."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Faithful always, let it remain...[/colour]

[colour=#006400]Rangers always lead the way!"[/colour]

It was a poem that his father passed down to him when he retired from the Army Rangers... (Borrowed and tweeked it from a song.^^)

[colour=#006400]"Hooah..."[/colour] Striker takes a large swig and sets his glass down. [colour=#006400] "To you my old friend..." [/colour]He then reaches for the picture on his desk of Tender Care and him during mess one day. He pours another glass and toasts again... [colour=#006400]"For you, hunny..."[/colour]

>Twilight Sparkle (RLF Secret Bunker)

Exitting the communications room, she thought to herself about what to do next. She had to give this Key away...but to whom? Free Rapidhoof was unstable beyond reason now, Striker was...well...she couldn't really think of an excuse about why he couldn't have it. Perhaps Applejack was the best choice...after all, she once wielded the Elements beside Twilight, so wouldn't she be the best pick? Sighing, she shook her head. She will figure that out later...for now, she had to find out more on what kind of stallion Striker was. Again, something she couldn't really explain...she just had the urge to find out more about him. Grimacing, her horn glowed as she magically grasped a bright red bullet from her pocket. It was the bullet which had grazed her cheek, the one Striker shot at her. She could tell he hand-crafted it, along with his other bullets. However, it wasn't labeled "Red Fox" like that one particularly horrifying piece of metal she had seen in his revolver. Looking at it closely, she came up with an idea. She could use the bullet to locate his private quarters...if she was to find anything about him, it would be there. Lifting it up, she whispered the spell calmly, her eyes locked on it as it began to rotate and glow fiercely. After a few moments, it rotation stopped and pointed down one of the other halls. Nodding, she set out in that direction with a slight urgency in her step.

Again, Twilight had to bypass many more guard posts on her way to Striker's quarters. She had gotten the wrong directions a couple of times...after all, the spell wasn't perfect, and also the sample she was using wasn't the freshest either. After about the third failure, she groaned inwardly and kicked the wall in frustration. This was taking forever...! Soon enough, she kept on...and at last arrived at her destination. Stopping outside the door, she looked at the rapidly vibrating bullet, letting it drop into a pocket as the spell ended. Looking around warily, she opened the door and went inside. Coming inside, she froze upon seeing Striker, making no sudden movements. She hadn't felt his presence at all...!

[colour=#006400]Colonel Star Striker with Twilight Sparkle - RLF Secret Bunker, Striker's Private Quarters[/colour]

By this time Striker had about half the bottle and had a little buzz. He looks up to see he door opening; usually ponies knock so he dismisses it as a figment of his imagination untill he looks up again... what he sees strikes him with so many emotions it almost overloads his mind. The strongest of these at the current moment is fear, anger, and... well... that. Twilight Sparkle, the grand GEF queen herself stands in his doorway wearing infiltration gear. She must be here to kill him like he tried to do to her. [colour=#006400]"YOU!!!"[/colour] He stands quickly and reaches for his revolver... nothing... he left it in the interrigation room. It's too late for him to draw his M9 now so he stands with his hooves up. [colour=#006400]"You... I see you infiltrated this facility. So, let me guess: you came to assasinate me, right? GEF scum can't even fight with honor..." [/colour]he growls. He slowly reaches into his pocket and tosses her that special .44 round with her name on it... [colour=#006400]"If you are gunna do it then use that..."[/colour]

>Twilight Sparkle (RLF Secret Bunker, Striker's Private Quarters)

Gulping, she shook her head desperately, looking behind her out into the hall and back at Striker. "N-no, please let me explain..." She quickly made the infiltration suit disappear, stepping in only as much as to close the door behind her. To be honest, she expected a reaction like this...why shouldn't she? "I don't want any trouble-" Striker interrupted her, spouting off about how she was 'here to assassinate him', and calling her scum, which drew a sharp intake of breath from her. When the bullet was tossed to her, she didn't even bother catching it, instead franticly avoiding it as it hit the ground beneath her hooves. "I'm not here to kill you, certainly not that...I just wanted to talk. I know I am the last pony you want to see, but..." She choked on her own words.

But what? Why did she have any reason to believe that she could talk to him...and more importantly, why did she even try? She knew how deep his hatred for her was. Coming here was suicide...but she had to get the Goliath information to the RLF somehow, and also to get this Key to Applejack...but also, to figure out why Striker hadn't killed her earlier that day. The on-rush of excitement and stress caused the grazed cut on her cheek to open up a little once more, a small trickle of blood leaking down to her chin from the gash. "...I don't blame you for hating me. I don't blame anypony for hating me...and I don't expect you to listen, but please...at least try. I'm here for Equestria's sake, not my own, not the Federation's, but the very ponies who are under my care."

>Applebloom (Freelancer Equinian HQ)

She listened to Wash as he spoke about the selection process, nodding occasionally as he explained in detail. "...I see, of course that would be the case..." It was shortly after he was done that Harmony approached them with the dropship ready. Smirking slightly at her lover's snark comments, she swiftly boarded the dropship with Harmony and Wash, ready for them to take off and head for the primary HQ. "I just hope the Director isn't goin' to do anythin'...drastic. That seems to be all ponies do these days, ya'know?"

(Sorry for short post, Nova. Couldn't really think of anything, so I might as well give you something to initiate the next set XD)

>Baxter and [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (City Square, with Dopple and Applejack)

"Evening Applejack, well I assume he's going to reveal some info on what happened with the magic sphere and tell us what he thinks about Red Fox, he already told me a little bit, but I feel that there was more to be said." He looked her in the eyes. "This whole thing stinks, he doesn't really seem the type for this sort of stuff." He turned his attention back to Dopple and his package.

Dopple untied his bundle and a young changeling filly peeked out.

"Well I'll be," Baxter said with looking down at the child. "Is she yours?"

Quick Scope stared at the child for a second then adjusted her rifle. The filly seemed a little shy, but she couldn't blame her she was probably in an unfamiliar place and surrounded by strange creatures. The griffoness slowly lowered herself down to the filly's level and smiled at her. [colour=#800000]"It's okay little one, no need to be afraid."[/colour] she said in a motherly tone.

While Quick played with the filly, Baxter was watching Free's public display. He figured he was going to reveal that he knew Twilight was the Red Fox, so he wasn't surprised. However, the next part of the stallion's speech caught him completely off guard. Baxter was a soldier, he had survived the NEO's invasion of Canterlot, and made it through the Griffon March. He had heard speeches like this all to many times, from leaders, friends, and soldiers.

"No..." He whispered quietly, his eyes widening in surprise.

The stallion announced his resignation and even appointed his successors. Baxter knew what this was, he wasn't just stepping down, he hadn't just quit the RLF. He was quitting his existence in this world. Free wished his sister a happy birthday before raising the gun to his head.

Quick Scope saw the stallions actions and placed her talons over the young filly's ears, and buried the childs face in her coat. She didn't need to see this.

Everything happened so fast, a lavender mare darted through the crowds at break neck pace, but her efforts were in vain, Free was dead before he hit the ground. The mare, whom Baxter assumed was his sister, cried until she collapsed.

Baxter growled under his breath and smashed his mechanical arm through stone roof of the building. "D****** Free, you're a soldier, you don't get to quit!" He yelled. "We're all tired, we've all lost almost everything, and we all want it to end, but you took the easy way out!" Baxter jumped off the roof leaving Quick Scope, Applejack, and Dopple and may a beeline for the RLF camps.

> [colour=#40e0d0]Chronarch[/colour] (City Square)

The stallion stood there frozen, Free's suicide had completely shocked him out of his drunken state. He hung his head low, this week had been a grim time. Lose after lose, problem after problem, pony kind had been slowly descending into chaos. And now this, he figured everything had finally caught up with the Free, that the stallion just couldn't take anymore. His age, plus his pain, and recent events just pushed him over the edge. Free was the leader of the RLF, not too long ago they were enemies and Free was locked up in their prisons, but even so Chronarch hadn't wished to see him dead. Another pony had fallen to this messed up time, another empty seat at the victory table. Chronarch began to wonder if any of them would live to see the fruit of the seeds they had sewn.

> [colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (LEH camp with Draco)

The dragonness exhaled a stream of super-heated, molten stone. The glowing fluid flew across the room and straight at her target. Magma washed over Draco, cascading over his form like water. She cut the flow off, satsified with her work. She hung her head low, she'd probably killed him, if she had, it meant that he wouldn't have made it anyway. She stared at the glob of glowing, slag expectantly.

Striker somehow feels compelled to hear Twilight out... he is already aware of the threat that expands beyond Equestria's borders and he can sense that she is serious about this. [colour=#006400]"Interesting that you come in such a way just for the sake of diplomacy..." [/colour] He slowly takes out his M9 pistol removes the clip and ejects the chambered round. Setting his weapon on his desk, he sits down and motions Twilight to do the same. [colour=#006400]"You have a lot of nerve coming to see me... and here of all places, in my own sancturary..." [/colour]he says angrily as he takes a swig.

as the magma coated his wings only he felt it burn him but it only felt cold... and as his wings blackened he screamed out then flared his wings shooting the magma to the sides... no longer did his wings just protect from fire.. they now could not be hurt by fire.. magma hurt them but fire was nothing talk about painful upgrades as now... his body around his wings hurt like hell from burns [colour=#008000]"WHAT WAS THAT FOR"[/colour] he scream [colour=#008000]"GODS THAT HURT"[/colour] he said but as he shook of the scales shown with a new gleam like the surface of gemstones.. a dragon should see it...

Dopples eyes widened as free offed himself. "Oh Chrysalis help him..." was all he could say. Dopple quickly composed himself and went over to quickscope. "her name is replica..." he watched as the little filly got comfortable in the strange creature that was holding her arms. It mustve been odd seeing him fatherly but the filly is his reason for everything. He also fogured quickscope saw the burn mark on her face and that one of her wings were missing.