Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Revised: Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

> [colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, LEH)

Kaalia breathed a weak flame onto the coals that Draco had submerged himself in. The stones started eminating a cool green glow as they released their healing energies into the stallion. She reached into the coals and started massaging Draco's neck and back to help the coals do their job. The smell of vanilla as the soothing odor of the coals filled the room.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Before all of this insanity, I was just a naive filly. I use to spend my days chasing after my idol and goofing off with my best friends."[/colour] She chuckled a little bit. [colour=#ff8c00]"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PYROTECHNIC EXPERTS YAY! we'd scream or whatever crazy activity we were trying at the time, we'd do anything to get our cutie marks." [/colour]She added a few more magic coals to the bath and breathed a bit more fire into the tub. [colour=#ff8c00]"Then the revolutions started, no one expected Ponyville to be hit. And just like that my entire world was taken. Everypony got separated and it was just me and Sp-Karrthus for a long time, but because of the dragon hunts it was hard to try and find our friends and families."[/colour] The dragoness put some of the ash from the coals on her hoof and rubbed it into the burns on the back of Draco's neck. The injuries immediately started to fade, but not go away entirely.[colour=#ff8c00] "One day while we were avoiding the GEF patrols I got hurt, bad."[/colour] She spread her coat and showed Draco the shotgun pellet scars across her chest over her heart. [colour=#ff8c00]"I was dying, and Karrthus gave up something more valuable than any currency to save me. Ever since that day, I slowly changed into what you see now."[/colour]

She started scooping the the coals out of the tub slowly to avoid hitting Draco, though his wounds were mostly healed his body would still likely be extremely weak and tender.[colour=#ff8c00] "As I said, that was it for today. Once you shower off all of the ash we can eat. Tomorrow we'll do something a bit more traditional."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"Also, how long did it take you to forget that you were even wearing that armor?"[/colour]

>Replica Equinia Square

Replica looked at Quick scope. She liked the Griffon and she seemed to be friends with her Daddy so she must be nice. She must not understood what Replica wanted to do. She was hoping Quick scope would show her the world. She can speak she just doesn't like to... She nudged her arm a little and softly whispered "Meet...friends." She quickly hid her face from the griffon after speaking. She doesn't even speak to her dad that much. Her scars are the only explanation she needs as to why she does not speak to others.

he listened to the story and looked at the scars that decorated her it was so sad what happened to ponyville.. it should never have happened but the past was the past and that is all Draco or anypony could do. some days Draco just tried to close his eyes and imagine the world if it had never changed for the worse it would have been wonderful but sadly... Draco shivered at the massage it felt good but he also tried not to get too into it she was a Karrthuses after all.. [colour=#008000]"i am surprised you would even allow a GEF guard like me to train with you.. after what we did.." [/colour]he says [colour=#008000]" oh and it did not take long soon as the dragon ponys around here tried to start killing me.."[/colour] he said sarcasticly

[colour=#006400]Colonel Star Striker - RLF Secret Bunker, Barracks Level[/colour]

Just as Col. Striker exists the elevator he approached by a comm officer who just exited the adjacent elevator. He appears to be out of breath. [colour=#FF8C00]"Sir!... I...."[/colour] he pants.

[colour=#006400]"Easy, soldier. What is it?"[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Sir, we have just recieved startling reports from our covert surveiillance equipment monitering the outlining area of the Changeling Hive. Video surveillance reveals a large unidentified force advancing on their position. Markings upon their armor don't register with any known factions or the GEF, sir!"[/colour] the comm officer says in a slight panic.

The news startles the Ranger. He thought this war would be at least weeks away. Looks like that b******, Lunar Cross, failed to give an accurate time table for us... Striker's eyes harden. [colour=#006400]"So... it begins..."[/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Wha-... sir? Shall we mobilize a response team?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"No. We will not intervene at this time. Queen Chrysalis is far more intelligent and clever than most give her credit for. That is why Major Briggs commissioned the use of covert surveillance equipment upon the Hive. I still don't trust her myself but I am confident that she can hold her own however, have the 2 Apache Longbows stationed here on standby and ready for ground support in case this thing begin to turn south for them. We will need the changelings to defeat this threat, for now divert as much pony power as you can to moniter the advancing force and the ensuing battle. I want as much data on them as you can collect from this skirmish, understood?"[/colour] the Colonel orders.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Understood, sir."[/colour] the pegasis replies with a salute and hurries back down to the Command Deck.

This information is troubling but not as much as Free's death. His friend... why did he do it? His appetite disappears at the thought so turns back and enters the elevator, He decends to the command level and makes for his new office next to Applejack's. As he enters he notices how formal and simple it is but its homey. Various partiotic pictures and posters line his office walls, most are REA posters but a few are REA and Ranger pictures of soldiers and armored calvery. There are a few RLF banners for formalities. Behind his desk is a perfect and unscarred REA flag on a silver pole. Free... you did this didn't you?... Striker takes a seat in his office. He begins to reflect upon this situation. How can he lead the RLF when his experience limits him to a most a company of soldiers? Perhaps that's why Applejack retains most of the command. She is a very strong and motivating presence. The soldiers were always motivated by her presence, even Striker at times... he's going to need her help. Maybe at least talk to her. Hopeful she realizes the promotion they were given. The Colonel picks up his phone and contacts the Comm Station above.

[colour=#4B0082]"Comm Station here, what do you need, sir?" [/colour]answers a young mare's voice.

[colour=#006400]"Patch me through on a secure line to Major Gen. Applejack's field comm."[/colour]

[colour=#4B0082]"Right away, sir."[/colour]

Striker awaits as his call pings AJ's communicater. They gave her a nice toy. It can operate as a radio or as a phone. The guys in the labs do slow but good work.

> [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (Equina, main Square---->RLF camp)

[colour=#800000]"I was beginning to think that you couldn't speak."[/colour] She said as she smiled at the hiding filly.

She was broken out of her trace by the gentle nudging of the young changeling. Replica wanted to meet Brynja's friends. Which brought another issue to the attention of the griffoness. Did she have friends? Well she had been on more than a few operations with Gilda, and she knew Tech on a somewhat casual level, but Baxter she had just met this mission. Yes she worked with them, but were they friends...she'd rather be around them than alone and Baxter and Tech usually made for good conversation, so that must count for something.

[colour=#800000]"If that's what you want, I guess I can take you to meet the others. Hold on tight."[/colour] Quick Scope took off and started flying off towards the RLF camp. [colour=#800000]"You and your father are lucky to have each other. I lost my daughter and my love to tragedy, then I let my priorities slip and I forgot what was important, and at the end I lost my son and everything close to me as well, but I have a good feeling about you and your father." [/colour]Her sniper rattled on her back as she tore through the skies.

----------

>[colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, LEH camp)

She finished removing the coals from tub so that Draco could get out. Leading him to the showers, she looked back over her shoulders.[colour=#ff8c00] "Don't misunderstand, I have no quarrel with the GEF. Princess Celestia made a deplorable call, I don't understand how she expected to remain on the throne after such a heinous act and I have no ill will towards them from the dragon hunts. Most dragons are deadly, selfish, and violent beast who kill and pillage without remorse. Our brood was like that until Karrthus and I took over and taught them to be more than just monsters."[/colour] They had finally reached the showers. Kaalia disappeared behind one of the walls and quickly reappeared with a towel and shampoo.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Looks like, we'll have to put you into something heavier tomorrow then."[/colour] She said smiling as she handed him

>Replica flyin high in sky

Replica looked around happily as she held on to quickscope tight. Her Father only took her flying a few times and she was always on his back so having a griffon take her was a new experience. She had a small twinge of sadness when she heard how Quickscope lost her family. She felt the same way when her mother was killed. Replica nuzzled Quick scopes arm as a way to tell her he was sorry. She could of easily said it

But she didnt really want to

>Replica flyin high in sky

Replica looked around happily as she held on to quickscope tight. Her Father only took her flying a few times and she was always on his back so having a griffon take her was a new experience. She had a small twinge of sadness when she heard how Quickscope lost her family. She felt the same way when her mother was killed. Replica nuzzled Quick scopes arm as a way to tell her she was sorry. She could of easily said it

But she didnt really want to

>Despair and Misery (Outside the Royal Hive)

As the army drew close, it circled in around itself and appeared like a large, gray crescent against the snow. Complete silence met them as the battle chant died down, and the only sound that could be heard was the whipping of the wind, whose mournful cry seemed to have increased intensely. Despair and Misery continued on, approaching the very wall of the gigantic hive without a fear. Their respective armors served as the only colour and light against the darkening landscape, their presence melting the snow around their hooves. Raising his head, Despair's horn glowed a crimson light as he opened his mouth to speak, his voice projecting all across the landscape as if through a gigantic speaker, while his sister spoke other parts. [colour=#b22222]"...Changelings, in the name of our father, King Pierrot of the Crystal Empire..." [/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"...we come to cleanse your race from the face of our beautiful world. Your Queen, Chrysalis, has committed one of the worst crimes imaginable..."[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"...by attempting to soil the Royal Bloodline by lying down with our sister, Crystal Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Your entire race is to be punished for your sin against the King..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"...the punishment is, of course, death. You can run, but in the end we will squish you bugs under the steel of our hooves..." [/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"...of course, mercy will be given, as long as you turn over your Queen to us. Then, your deaths will be quick and painless. We demand an answer immediately...otherwise, what happened in Equinia will look like a small house fire compared to what will happen to your disgusting hive."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"...we recommend that you choose swiftly. Each second you hesitate will result in greater harm...so hurry, or feel the misery and despair that comes with our arrival."[/colour]

Despair grinned wickedly, while his sister simply closed her mouth and looked in another direction, little emotion revealed on her face. They appeared the same, but their personalities were completely opposite of the other. Calmly, the two Alicorns awaited the Changelings' response, knowing that no matter what the outcome came to be...the Tartarus Gate was theirs, and changelings would be dead at the end of the night.

>Twilight Sparkle (RLF Secret Bunker)

As she proceeded along the Bunker's many hallways, she heard the base-wide intercom turn on. Listening, she heard Star Striker's report and frowned. Well...it seemed that the old coot had offed himself in front of everyone in Equinia. What a...selfish thing to do. Of course, she wasn't very surprised by this turn of events. She could tell that the old general was becoming quite unstable...and that the wall broke upon Lunar Cross' revelation. There was nothing she could have done, but...she felt somewhat guilty for what happened. Her ability with healing magic was quite limited...in fact, probably the most limited part of her magical arsenal. She had better change that...such spells will come in handy at the end of this growing conflict. Shaking her head gently, she proceeded to the helipad where she had arrived. However, as soon as she saw the entrance to the helipad...disaster struck. Bumping into a guard as he wound the corner, his face held an expression of shock, which quickly changed to fear, then anger. Shocked out of her wits, all Twilight could do was watch as the soldier lifted his rifle...and pulled the trigger.

>Lieutenant Tailwind (RLF Secret Bunker, outside the Helipad)

The young stallion yawned as he sat on duty at the helipad entrance, his hooves dangling carelessly as he sat on one of the large ironwork crates. He had arrived here only a week ago...and already, he was bored beyond belief. The entire base was filled with ponies twice as old as he was, or a bunch of jarheads that kept him out of conversations because he was a rookie. In fact, the very reason he was at the helipad was because he had angered one of his superiors...a Major. Growling slightly, he tapped his rifle angrily at how demeaning this "guard duty" was. He had been an esteemed soldier...intelligent, strong, leadership material...he had impressed all of his drill instructors with his grasp of combat strategy and ability to adapt to almost any situation. Growling louder, he leaped down from the crate and cradled his rifle. He was a respected strategist...! This kind of **** was to be given to weaker links! Well, he didn't have to stand for this...stepping toward the helipad exit, he was unaware of the presence of another pony until he bumped right into her as he turned the corner. Dazed slightly by the sudden impact, he got a quick glance at her as his brain began to identify her. It was a young...rather pretty...mare, wearing a dark infiltration suit with her face disguised. His eyes widened in shock from seeing such a pony in a military base like this...and then fear clutched his heart. She was dressed for infiltration...a spy? Or an assassin? Rage began to boil inside him, as he began to raise his weapon. Well, if she wasn't going to hurt anypony here...he'll make sure of that. Pointing the barrel of his rifle at her, he shut off the safety, and pulled the trigger.

Time seemed to slow down as the bullet left the rifle's chamber, flying directly for the unicorn. It buried itself inside her chest, causing her to gasp in surprise and pain as it burrowed deep into her flesh. Her hoof felt the wound, her life-blood dripping down it. Her eyes looked at him, as if searching for something before falling over and passing out from the pain. The look haunted him, and he instantly regretted his choice. The wound wasn't an instant kill...she still had time. Picking up his radio, he spoke shakily into it. [colour=#8b4513]"Th-this is Lieutenant Tailwind...I have an unarmed unicorn here in my custody. She's heavily wounded, and needs an emergency medical team, ASAP. We are down at the southern helipad, near the entrance. Over." [/colour]Now, all he could do was try to staunch the bleeding until help arrived. Taking out his combat knife and cutting off clean strips of his uniform, he pressed it against the wound, pressing hard to keep the blood inside. It was working slightly...but not that well, for blood still trickled from the cloth. Curses...they had better hurry!

>Shining Armor (Outside the Royal Hive on a mountain-top)

His cold-blue eyes gazed down at the massive army under Pierrot's command. Indeed...the threat was greater than they thought. If this was what only one battalion of the Crystal Legion...then how many ponies does the so-called Alicorn King have at his disposal? This was a daunting discovery...and made things much more difficult for himself and his fellows in Perre Noel. Stepping away from the cliff, the wind whipped at his dark-purple cape, the blackish armor on his body cold against his coat. The scythe-brand on his breastplate and cape shone brightly against the darkness around him. He was named "The Reaper" for many reasons...but mostly due to his intimate relationship with Death itself. Already, he could feel that the Royal Hive was going to become a slaughterhouse...and not in the Changelings' favour. He would feel pity for them, if his emotions hadn't been deadened those many years ago. To think, that just a few years back, his sister Twilight and her friends had fought the Changelings, and helped save those ungrateful Crystal Empire ponies from King Sombra. It seemed it would be the exact opposite. Now...yes, the Crystal Empire had their true King once more, but Shining would have preferred Sombra over that cursed Pierrot. The Oracle should have killed the prince when he had the chance...now the creature was out of control. How could his former wife, Cadence, be related to such a despicable monster? It made little sense... Shining could do nothing for the Changelings, even if he wanted to. He was under strict orders from the Oracle to not get involved with the battle...but he would still have to collect the souls of the dead and send them on their way to the Underworld. That was his job. Turning into his ethereal state, he let out a frustrated sigh as he descended the mountain in the Hive's direction...his presence completely masked from those who dwelt amongst the living. As a Grand Master...it was his duty to help these future spirits move on to the next world.

Dopple narrowed his eyes at the two alicorns words he looked at Despair especially. Ot was finny he reminded him of himself when he was in his youth but that wasnt the point. He also intended to do battle with him. He looked over at his queen noting she said nothing so he stepped up. "Your father must be a coward to send children to do his bidding." he looked serious as he said this. No intention to begin the battle just wanted to size up the enemy

>Despair and Misery (Outside the Royal Hive)

As the army drew close, it circled in around itself and appeared like a large, gray crescent against the snow. Complete silence met them as the battle chant died down, and the only sound that could be heard was the whipping of the wind, whose mournful cry seemed to have increased intensely. Despair and Misery continued on, approaching the very wall of the gigantic hive without a fear. Their respective armors served as the only colour and light against the darkening landscape, their presence melting the snow around their hooves. Raising his head, Despair's horn glowed a crimson light as he opened his mouth to speak, his voice projecting all across the landscape as if through a gigantic speaker, while his sister spoke other parts. [colour=#b22222]"...Changelings, in the name of our father, King Pierrot of the Crystal Empire..." [/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"...we come to cleanse your race from the face of our beautiful world. Your Queen, Chrysalis, has committed one of the worst crimes imaginable..."[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"...by attempting to soil the Royal Bloodline by lying down with our sister, Crystal Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Your entire race is to be punished for your sin against the King..."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"...the punishment is, of course, death. You can run, but in the end we will squish you bugs under the steel of our hooves..." [/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"...of course, mercy will be given, as long as you turn over your Queen to us. Then, your deaths will be quick and painless. We demand an answer immediately...otherwise, what happened in Equinia will look like a small house fire compared to what will happen to your disgusting hive."[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"...we recommend that you choose swiftly. Each second you hesitate will result in greater harm...so hurry, or feel the misery and despair that comes with our arrival."[/colour]

Despair grinned wickedly, while his sister simply closed her mouth and looked in another direction, little emotion revealed on her face. They appeared the same, but their personalities were completely opposite of the other. Calmly, the two Alicorns awaited the Changelings' response, knowing that no matter what the outcome came to be...the Tartarus Gate was theirs, and changelings would be dead at the end of the night.

- Infront of her hive, Chrysalis, Doppel and Lypris with about 100 changelings -

Chrysalis expression become very angry once more when those cursed Alicorns told everyone about her "adventure" with Cadance. She didn't expect her soldiers to be shocked about this though and in fact not a single one of them opened their mouth - there was no mumbling, just the angry gaze of a hundred changelings - pointed at the Alicorns.

[colour=#009966]"You fools are trying to make my loyal soldiers stand up against me?!"[/colour], Chrysalis screemed, empowered by her magic for their entire army to hear, [colour=#009966]"I have changed the way this hive works. If you think I still rely on fear to lead my subjects like my mother then I overestimated you. They are loyal and great warriors and they will not abandon me, ever."[/colour]

The changelings began stomping with their hooves and formed half a circle around Chrysalis - a clear sign on which side they are.[colour=#008080] "We are with you Chrysalis." [/colour]

"See? You might destroy this hive, you might end our lives, but you won't get the major part of us. We will stop you, right here, right now."

[colour=#009966]"Keep them from getting to our buildings while they are being evacuated.[/colour][colour=#009966] My children - if you die, you will die in honor, you will die not soley for me, but for your hive and our existance.[/colour][colour=#009966] I cannot ask for anymore than that. Strength and love be with you, all of you." [/colour]Her horn started to glow and long trails of green were moving out from it, wrapping around every single changeling, empowering them and giving them a translucent green armor with serrated spikes on it. The horn of every single changeling got enchanted by the green armor and they became a smaller version of Chrysalis long crooked horn. [colour=#009966]"For love."[/colour]

>[colour=#800080]Lavender Bloom [/colour](RLF camps, Equinia)

The hunting rifle's scope focused in on the small creature, revealing it to be a rabbit. [colour=#800080]"Do I have to?" [/colour]The young filly behind the scope asked, looking up at the stallion behind her, the snow caked ground dampening her winter parka. [colour=#000080]"Come on sis, this is the third time. You have to learn if you want to join the army." [/colour]The stallion sighed, taking a seat on a rock nearby. [colour=#000080]"Kill it, or no dinner tonight."[/colour] Growling, the young pegasus focused back in on the scope, she had to do it soon or the rabbit would finish grazing and leave. But suddenly, the rabbit stopped nibbling and looked over at her, an expression of sheer terror adorning it's face. Pausing, she looked up from the rifle, grinding her teeth in frustration. [colour=#800080]"I'm.......... I'm sorry." [/colour]The bullet exploded out of the barrel, whipping past the decaying trees, homing in on it's target. The round went straight through Free's skull.

Lavender awoke screaming, tears waterfalling down the young mare's face. Applejack came running through the tent's entrance, holding the grief stricken mare down. [colour=#800080]"Free! Free............. Free's dead! Let me go......... Let me go......" [/colour]She wailed. [colour=#ffa500]"Calm down Lavender! It's me Applejack!" [/colour]The mare yelled, trying to get the pegasus' attention. [colour=#800080]"Applejack........ Free.......... He....." [/colour]She sniffled, calming down as she heard the familiar voice. Applejack had been responsible for Lavender throughout and after the revolution. She was not only the young mare's caretaker, but her only friend as well. After a long hug, Applejack began to explain the situation the RLF was in and, from what she knew, what caused Free to suicide. Worryingly though, Lavender's expression had turned to that of a bland stare, looking down at the ground. Dear celestia, she was barely old enough to be called a mare, let alone be dragged into all this.

[colour=#ffa500]"Now I need to go, the RLF is in uproar and I need to bring some order. I'll be back later ok?" [/colour]Applejack said, turning around and starting to trot back out of the door. But before she could leave, Lavender mumbled something. [colour=#ffa500]"Pardon sugarcube?" [/colour]She asked, turning back round. Lavender looked up at her. Sweet celestia, she even had Free's haunting stare. [colour=#800080]"I want to help you. I want to join the RLF. I've been through military school, I know all the procedures." [/colour]Applejack's eyes widened as the young pegasus said this, gulping. This is exactly what she had hoped her not to do. [colour=#ffa500]"We'll talk later hun."[/colour]

>[colour=#ffa500]Applejack [/colour](RLF camps, Equinia)

Applejack sighed as she exited Lavender's tent, the mare was too young for all this. Shaking her head, she began to head for the comms tent, but stopped as her communicator rang. It must be Striker. She thought. Keying the respond button, Applejack raised the communicator to her ear. [colour=#ffa500]"Applejack here. Go ahead."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Applejack, it's Striker, I know this is a secure line but I need to talk to you in person. Do you know where Site X-117 is? You may know it as the old Equestrian Aerospace Defense Command bunker. Please, I need to-"[/colour] just as Striker was about to finish 1st Lieutenant Ironside, an MP, pages Striker for an urgent matter over the P.A. [colour=#0000CD]"Col. Striker, page Security Station - A. We have a situation, sir. I repeat, Col. Striker, please page Security Station - A immediately. There is a situation. Over."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"D***it... I'm sorry, mam, but I need to go. Arange for an escort to Site X-117 ASAP. See you soon." [/colour]Striker hangs up and immediately dials the number for the security station.

[colour=#0000CD]"Security Station - A, 1st LT. Ironside. Is this you Col. Striker, sir?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"It is, what the Tartarus is going on up there, soldier?"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"Sir, Lieutenant Tailwind was making his rounds and stumbled upon and intruder. He discharged his weapon and she is in critical condition. We are moving her to the Medical Level's ICU."[/colour]

There is a silence at the end of the line. Those words sent a shiver down Striker's spine... Twilight... Soon this shiver spawned a very angery stallion. [colour=#006400]"HE WHAT?!?!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"Sir, he-"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"You mean to tell me that we have a base full of highly trained personel able to detain a lone, single, and unarmed prisoner with no effort and the first thing that dumb*** does is fire his weapon?!?! What kind of security detail are you running?!?!"[/colour]

[colour=#0000CD]"But, sir, we-"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Save it, 1st Lieutenant. If she dies, Tailwind will get a court-marshal, and you will be demoted. Is that understood?" [/colour]he growls.

[colour=#0000CD]"Yes... copy that, sir. (Get her to the ICU Medbay NOW or it will be your *** in there!!!) Ironside, out."[/colour]

The Colonel slams his hoof on his desk in a fit of rage. Do these idiots even remember their basic training and the rules of engagement? Do not fire unless fired upon, unless you have orders otherwise to prosecute targets freely. He gets up and burst out his door and towards the elevator. Everypony in the Command Deck and onward stare in a little fightened silence. Striker looks like a rampaging buffalo on the charge. He gets in the elevator and presses the button for the Medbay just below the Helipad level and aircraft maintance bay level. [colour=#006400]"Somepony is getting a boot up their ***..."[/colour]

>Despair and Misery (At the Royal Hive's walls)

Both of the alicorns listened intently as Chrysalis and Doppelganger spoke their words, and they both exchanged looks. Bowing her head in slight submission, Misery retreated from her brother and trotted calmly and deliberately-slow to the front lines of their battalion. When his sister left, Despair's grin grew even more, as he fixed his amber gaze upon the two changelings on the walls above. [colour=#b22222]"...my father, a coward? It may appear that way...but no, it isn't cowardice. It is a test." [/colour]Turning to look at the retreating form of his sister, his eyes shined dangerously and his smile seemed more like a wolf's than anything else. Making a smooth stance, he pointed his head up at where the changelings watched him. [colour=#b22222]"...King Pierrot has many children, Changelings. Because of this, the strong must be separated from the weak...by brutal means, if necessary. If I or my sister fail here...that is no problem for His Majesty, for he has others to test as well. His crown will be coveted by all my siblings in the future...and he knows the chaos it will bring. So, he sends each and every one of us out to do his dirty work...a test of survival. If we die, then so be it. The Crown goes to whoever last stands...and I intend that to be me. I won't let a race as tainted as yours to put me down...my pride won't allow that." [/colour]Suddenly, bursts of magma flared out from the crevices of Despair's armor plating, forming against an invisible mold as the streams began to elongate and thin out, as dark black hilts rose out from the depths of the molten lava. Four rapidly-rotating fiery blades arose from the pools of magma, and began to circle around the Alicorn. His face was a mask of blood-lust, and his gaze held a somewhat insane glow. [colour=#b22222]"So, your Majesty...shall we dance? Just be sure not to step on my hooves...you might get burned!" [/colour]It was with that last remark that he launched pillars of lava at the congregated changelings, the army behind him in the distance beginning to close in, shouting their rage and ferocity. The lava-streams began to eat away at the walls of the Hive, melting them to ground-level as the soldiers moved past him, their armor allowing them to cross the molten pools unharmed as they began to enter the city.

Misery sat back a bit from the swarm of troops, eying the Changeling lines cautiously, as her gaze went toward the city. Closing her eyes...she blinked. Her physical form suddenly appeared behind the front-lines of both forces, landing gracefully with her silver-white wings on one of the many homes of the Hive. Everywhere she looked, she saw Changeling civilians running for their lives and out toward the side of the Hive that wasn't surrounded by her father's army. It was about this time that the Draco-Engines began to unleash their torrential storm upon the city, their explosive and machine-gun fire wrecking havoc amongst the area. A few changelings were quite unlucky during the barrage, falling to either a swarm of bullets or being directly under a missile or ball of fire. The scene was...quite gory. Letting out a disgruntled sigh, the electrical current around her began to warp the air and cloaked her lean body. All of this was quite...depressing.

Making her way over the many rooftops, she scouted the area in complete silence...not like she would be heard, due to the loud screams of the populace. Hearing the distinct whistling-sound of one of the bombs falling down, she quickly dove for cover as the explosive erupted into a mass of fire and shrapnel. A few hot metal bits flew past her, and she looked out to see that the area it exploded in was practically gone...a crater where it once was. She noticed at the edge of her peripheral vision a squirming, small shape underneath a thick slab of broken wood, and she carefully moved toward it. Seeing it up closer, she identified it as a young changeling...maybe just out of the crib for a few years. The small creature squirmed and cried, appearing unharmed but still trapped. She stood there, watching it silently, her thoughts clouding slightly. [colour=#ff8c00]...who are we to be doing this? All my life, I haven't question my father or brother, but...why do I question them now?[/colour][colour=#ff8c00] [/colour]The answer eluded her like a grain of sand, but she quickly made a decision. Pushing the piece of wood off, she lifted the little changeling up from the ground gently. To the child, it looked like it was being picked up by the air itself, and frightened it to the point of going completely still, whimpering pitifully. Taking up to the sky, Misery connected her magic to the small changeling's life essence...casting a spell to locate its mother. Her amber eyes scanned the retreating masses of changelings, finally settling upon a figure wrapped in golden light. The mother changeling was desperately searching for her baby, calling out the child's name. Descending toward her, Misery landed as soft as a feather, and laid the child down in front of its startled mother. Misery remained there until the small changeling was carried off swiftly by its mother, who looked back at where Misery stood with a searching, but thankful, gaze. She, too, disappeared into the throng of frightened changelings. Satisfied, Misery resumed her current mission...to locate the Tartarus Gate.

>Lt. Tailwind (RLF Secret Bunker)

It took several minutes for the stretcher to arrive, and he watched silently as they carried off the wounded unicorn mare. Dear Celestia, why was he so stupid...?! He had jumped the gun there, thinking her dangerous due to the suit she was wearing, and had taken it into his own hands. Of course, he could always claim self-defense...but that wouldn't work. After all, he called in about it...man, what a pickle he was in. He knew his superiors were going to chew his rear out about this. Well...there was no chance of him returning to the field, now. Leaving those depressing thoughts behind, he sighed and followed the medical team...he might as well apologize to the mare when she woke up. He owed her that at least.

(not gonna quote it because ... wall of text)

Misery's actions were not noticed by any of the changelings, too much was going on right now. The civilians were busy with saving their lifes, Lypris was busy with helping them while Chrysalis, Doppel and their small force were holding the line against the attacking army.

Surprisingly they weren't push back instantly but could hold the line for a minute before they were slowly pushed further into direction of the huge building that was Chrysalis throne. Whenever the metal of their army was hitting the enchanted green armor pieces that Chrysalis gave her changelings it made a terrifying electrical sound and you could see green lightning jumping over to the ponies armor, electrifying it and paralyzing whoever struck a changeling. Chrysalis knew exactly how to use every bit of her magic on the most economical ways - because she had to.

The female force of caster changelings was firing small bursts of green energy towards the ponies while the heavily armored males kept them back. Every single soldiers enchanted crooked horn was glowing, giving them abnormal strength.

Queen Chrysalis was at first firing similar bursts at the ponies that exploded and threw several unlucky soldiers into the air, but soon she lost her cool. Seeing young innocent changelings die, seeing her beloved brave soldiers pushed back she decided that no rule has to be kept in this war anymore. Her gaze became so angry, you could see her eyes glow with green fire and her scream was louder than any sound of the battle.

In 5 second intervals a few ponies were lifted by the green magic of Chrysalis. Their bones were shattered with a horrifying sound and the sharp serrated shards of what was left from their bones were bursting out of their bodies, penetrating everything around them, causing terrible wounds and great loses on their side.

But after a few minutes they were overwhelmed, there were just too many. More than half of Chrysalis force was dead at this point and the rest formed a tight circle around her queen. It looked like the end. You could see the fear of death in the faces of every changeling soldier that was still alive. [colour=#009966]"Don't give up."[/colour]

Despair was flying closer and everything seemed lost. Until Chrysalis had that evil smile on her face, the one she always had. [colour=#009966]"You want to dance with me? Then do it alone!"[/colour] Her giant green flash of light emitted from Chrysalis horn, but you certainly could see a ray of pink in it - it sure was Cadances influence.

A massive shockwave emitted from the ground around the around 30 changeling soldiers that were still alive and it blew away every pony that was close and threw any pony that was further away down on the ground, they were not really hurt, but out of the fight for the moment. Despair got hit by the blast as well and it blew away his firey blades. The 30 changelings made a huge circle and only Chrysalis, Doppel and Despair were left in the middle of it. [colour=#009966]"Doppel, please, leave now, you need to carry on, this is not your fight, not your place to die."[/colour]

The changeling queen ascended to him.[colour=#009966] "Are you ready to dance, weakling?"[/colour]

>Despair (Inside the Royal Hive)

[colour=#000000]He snarled as the wave of magical energy hit him and his soldiers, pushing himself back while the others were blast away. Certainly, this Queen possessed very strong magic...but from what? He had heard that Changelings fed and grew stronger on love, but even that couldn't give her as much strength as she had with her now.[/colour] Still...he was confident, and he wasn't going to let this tramp win the day. It didn't matter what she did...the Hive was as good as gone, and they both knew it. Smirking, he bowed his head in a mock of respect, the magma in his armor convulsing and growing redder. [colour=#b22222]"...a one on one, hmm? I see. Not going to hesitate in killing a "child"? Of course not, why would you? After all..." [/colour]His toothy grin widened. [colour=#b22222]"...I've done things that even Father would be repulsed at. I am the Demon of the Eastern Mountains...and this will be your dying ground, Queen Chrysalis." [/colour]The lava began to emerge from his armor, wrapping the area around him like a cocoon, as if the molten masses were like living serpents. Strands of the super-heated liquid dripped to the ground, causing smoke to arise from the soil beneath.[colour=#b22222]"...my Magma Barrier has never been penetrated before. What makes you think that you will be the first to break it...?!"[/colour] His soldiers began to spread out, bypassing the two dangerous royals as they pushed back against the Changelings.

Col. Star Striker - RLF Secret Bunker, Medical Bay ---> Command Deck

The new Colonel arrives at the medical level and rushes to the ICU until he is stopped by the head surgeon, Dr. Clear Ivy, Chief Warrant Officer. She is one of the best field doctors we have. She treated Striker several times before and during the war. She looks like she is getting prepped for surgery. [colour=#EE82EE]"Easy there, sir. Where are you going?" [/colour]she asks condenscending tone of voice.

[colour=#006400]"Look, Doc. I need to see the infiltrator. A purp-... I mean... a mare that was shot by one our security. I need to interrigate her." [/colour]Striker pleads with a concerned but still anger sort of voice. Under his skin hides great worry and concern for Twilight. Normally Striker would still be feeling tormented by these feelings but because of the situation, he simply acts and doesn't think.

[colour=#EE82EE]"Well that will have to wait, sir. The bullet pierced her left chest cavity above her heart. She should be fine but the surgey is still risky. She's lucky that she fell flat after the round struck her otherwise the bullet would have fallen and knicked her aorta. If that was to happen she would have been dead by the time help arrived. This mare is some sort of lucky that rivals yours but she isn't out of the woods yet, because of the severity of the wound and the threat it poses to her, I will be performing the surgery. It will be at least an hour, sir. Please calm yourself and wait."[/colour] she says trying to get Striker to relax.

Striker sighs. [colour=#006400]"I see. I have every confidence in your abilities Doc. Page me when the surgey is done and she is awake."[/colour]

[colour=#EE82EE]"Yes, sir." [/colour]Doc Ivy replies as she heads into the ICU surgery room, number 3. Striker turns to find 1st Lt. Ironside behind him who greets him with a salute. [colour=#0000CD]"Sir, will she be alright?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"She should be..." [/colour]he says softly but then his eyes harden and his neck muscles stiffen. [colour=#006400]"Bring Lt. Tailwind to my office... now..."[/colour] he growls slightly as he turns and heads back to the elevator. He makes his way back to the command deck and slams his door as he enters his office and falls into his chair, craddling his head with his hooves. [colour=#006400]"Please, Celestia... Luna... let her be ok..."[/colour]

>Dopple the hive with Despair and Chrysalis

Dopple looked at his queen and knew that it was time for him to leave so he flew up. He didnt have the strength to say antything so he decided to survey all the horrors..there were alot..Five years ago he was a general of a glorious kingdom it now burns before him. He now decided it was time he alerted somepony important. He thought that Twilight was the only reasonable option. Although it wpuld be smarter if he went to the RLF first. With the magic he was given he decided to lock on to the current col. Dopple. believed that his name was Striker. If the spells works it should put him right infront of the stallion. With that he teleprted to his unknown destination hoping it would work.

>Despair (Inside the Royal Hive)

[colour=#000000]He snarled as the wave of magical energy hit him and his soldiers, pushing himself back while the others were blast away. Certainly, this Queen possessed very strong magic...but from what? He had heard that Changelings fed and grew stronger on love, but even that couldn't give her as much strength as she had with her now.[/colour] Still...he was confident, and he wasn't going to let this tramp win the day. It didn't matter what she did...the Hive was as good as gone, and they both knew it. Smirking, he bowed his head in a mock of respect, the magma in his armor convulsing and growing redder. [colour=#b22222]"...a one on one, hmm? I see. Not going to hesitate in killing a "child"? Of course not, why would you? After all..." [/colour]His toothy grin widened. [colour=#b22222]"...I've done things that even Father would be repulsed at. I am the Demon of the Eastern Mountains...and this will be your dying ground, Queen Chrysalis." [/colour]The lava began to emerge from his armor, wrapping the area around him like a cocoon, as if the molten masses were like living serpents. Strands of the super-heated liquid dripped to the ground, causing smoke to arise from the soil beneath.[colour=#b22222]"...my Magma Barrier has never been penetrated before. What makes you think that you will be the first to break it...?!"[/colour] His soldiers began to spread out, bypassing the two dangerous royals as they pushed back against the Changelings.

[colour=#009966]"Calling yourself a child in defense! How weak!"[/colour], she mocked him, [colour=#009966]"no mercy to someone with your attitude to life and honor."[/colour] It was strange for Chrysalis to speak about honor, since it was one of the things ponies seemed to care about a lot but she didn't. Her cursed evil magic, which she used to annihilate about hundred and fifty of their soldiers on the most brutal and cruelest way, was proof of that. While others might try to fight this war in a honorful way Chrysalis just wanted to protect her subjects at all costs.[colour=#009966] "Against you even I seem like a honorful soldier. And about your Magma Barrier - noone ever defeated me in a one on one fight, not even Celestia. But I am even stronger than back then. What makes you think you could be the first to beat me? Because you are an Alicorn? Ha! Don't make me laugh, you tiny unimportant inferior race"[/colour], mocking him was probably the best chance to break his concentration. He was young and had a terrible fiery temper - it probably might become his downfall.

The last blast costed Chrysalis A LOT of strength. She might had been able to crush this Alicorn like a common soldier an hour ago, but after enchanting her army and using so much powerful magic her power was dwindling. She awaited no response now just a attack of hatred.

>Despair (Inside the Royal Hive, with Chrysalis)

It was after listening to the indignant Changeling Queen's words that his grin finally disappeared, and his dark amber eyes narrowed venomously. The sudden spike of angry emotions making the lava-spirals to form serpent heads and make unnatural, hissing noises. Gritting his teeth, he spoke coldly toward the changeling. [colour=#b22222]"...honor has no place in war. It is a simple matter...I die, or you do. There should be nothing that complicates that fact. Celestia...my aunt was a fool, and a weakling...especially in the last days of her life. I remembered stories of my fabulous and deadly aunts, who conquered this land like warlords...but that time had passed. Both Celestia and Luna grew soft...and it led to their deaths. Peace breeds weakness in the great, and thus has no reason to exist. I am done playing this game of ours..." [/colour]His stance completely changed, his eyes holding a sheer darkness in their depths and the magic he was wielding began to warp and change. The strands of molten rock began to combine, shifting and wrapping around each other into the form of four, translucent red blades, which attached themselves to the ends of each of Despair's hooves. The air around them seemed to heat up, and his snarl held genuine hatred.

[colour=#b22222]"...I am your executioner, Queen Chrysalis. Know that the last thing you will see in this world...is the glimmer of one of my blades as they cut through your flesh." [/colour]The magical pressure between the two super-powered royals seemed to increase, the young Alicorn's own power rising dramatically with each passing moment, the fires in his armor turning into a wicked black. His eyes turned into a deep, pitiless black and his horn elongated and blackened as well. [colour=#b22222]"...come, and meet the same end as the rest of your race." [/colour]He approached her calmly, the weapons on his hooves bursting into dark fire. [colour=#b22222]Curses...maybe I won't be able to defeat this wretch before me. What I did in Equinia still weakens me...all I can do is provide enough time for my sister to complete our true goal.[/colour]

>Lt. Tailwind (RLF Secret Bunker, Col. Striker's Office)

Sighing, Tailwind made his way down the Command Hall toward the office of the new Col. Striker, who he had been ordered to go to. If he was being sent to a Colonel for this...then things must be worse than he thought. A few guards glanced at him and snickered as he made his way down, a couple shaking their heads in pity...the later which irked Tailwind the most. Grimacing, he approached the door and knocked before entering. Saluting Striker, he took his spot in front of the desk. The nervous young stallion sat quietly in his seat, keeping his eyes ahead as he prepared himself for the greatest scolding of his life. Why, things just seemed to be getting worse and worse...and by the end of the day, he would no doubt be either receive a court-martial or be deported to some random, far-off outpost. Now, all he could do was wait for his imminent fate...and each passing second made him more and more twitchy.

>Misery (Underneath the Royal Hive, in the Hellfire Caverns)

The simmering heat of the unearthly fire and reddish molten rock beat at her limber form, making sweat drench her coat and armor as she leaped from one black rock to another, searching desperately for what she had been sent here to find. Few knew about this place beneath the Hive, and the reason they knew was because of her father's expansive memory from those several thousand years ago. Despite the intense heat, she shivered at the thought of what else Pierrot knew about forbidden places in Equestria, or the rest of the world for that matter. It took her several minutes of rock-hopping and wall-racing to even find anything remotely to what she was searching for; a large violet crystal that was suspended in mid-air over a particularly evil-looking, ancient alter. Landing on the rocky outcropping next to the floating crystal, she approached the artifact cautiously. Studying it, she suddenly recalled her father's instructions before she had left with her brother from the Crystal Empire. [colour=#008080]Once you reach the Spirit Shard, you must offer a small part of yourself in order to activate it, and open the way to the Tartarus Gate...a part of you that is essential to your life.[/colour][colour=#008080] [/colour]

Blinking, she summoned a sharp, steel knife which hung steadily in the air before her. Misery raised her foreleg and grunted as the dagger cut into her flesh, causing a trickle of blood to leak from the wound. Gathering some of the crimson drops, she approached the large crystal and placed a bloody hoof upon its surface, and before she knew it, she was blinded by a brilliant flash of purple light.

>Applebloom (Freelancer Dropship, heading toward Freelancer HQ)

"Virginia...Do you ever have the feeling that something is testing us...Testing our defenses to find a weak spot to exploit?...All these events appear to be connected somehow and happened in chain reaction rather than random coincidence..." Applebloom didn't know how to respond to such a question, for it also seemed to plague her thoughts over the past while. Someone was indeed behind these disasters that were occurring...but who? Surely, they possessed incredible power if they could wipe a city as large as Equinia in an instant... Sighing, she shrugged nonchalantly. [colour=#ffa500]"...y'all took the words right outta my mouth, Wash. I...have had theories on what is goin' on. Perhaps...perhaps everythin' that has happened over the past few years is connected somehow, as if all of us are bein' manipulated by some unseen creature..." [/colour]Realizing what she was saying, she gave a nervous laugh and smiled awkwardly. [colour=#ffa500]"Uh, I must sound crazy...don't mind me, perhaps those years in the Shade Corps made me a bit nutty." [/colour]Still, the very idea that such a thing was happening made a pit form at the base of her stomach.

Hearing Harmony's announcement, she looked over at the mare and nodded. As her special somepony spoke out her curiosity, Applebloom looked away sheepishly. [colour=#ffa500]"It-it's nothing, really...just the musings of two fellow agents."[/colour]

Agent Washington

[colour=#FFA500]"...y'all took the words right outta my mouth, Wash. I...have had theories on what is goin' on. Perhaps...perhaps everythin' that has happened over the past few years is connected somehow, as if all of us are bein' manipulated by some unseen creature..."[/colour] Washington nodded slowly and listened to Virginia, intrigued by the mare's theories and relaxed a little realizing his concerns were shared. Laid back in his seat calmly and relaxing for the long flight, "I bet 100 credits this thing is an Alicorn...Trust me this kind of **** always happens when Alicorns are involved in the equation...I mean look to the past...In almost every nationwide event an Alicorn is involved in some form. " Wash wagered sarcastically referring to incidents in the past like Nightmare moon, Discord, the Changeling attack and the Revolution.

[colour=#FFA500]"Uh, I must sound crazy...don't mind me, perhaps those years in the Shade Corps made me a bit nutty." [/colour]Wash shrugged and smiled at the new Agent, "No offense but we're all crazy on various scales here, you, I and 4-6-9er here are crazy to some degree but ponies like the Director, Red Fox or Twilight, that Changeling Queen... They are some of the coldest mother****ers you'll ever meet... the Director is even on his own scale of crazy... he made Freelancer into what it is and led it for 5 years, no-one knows why he did it or how, how much power he has... Even I don't know...And I'm one of the best Agents in Freelancer..." Washington said coldly as fear of the mention of Red Fox and the Director scared him, he paused for a moment before continuing on. "I have a feeling that this is only the beginning... **** is gonna hit the fan big time Virginia, you joined at the right time. We'll need as many Agents as we can mobilize in the coming days..." Washington cryptically warned her his before looking out the ramp to the horizon with the smoke from Equina of in the distance getting smaller and smaller until it was just a dot on a otherwise cloudy blue sky pondering on the days to come as uncertainty plagued his mind.

Harmony

[colour=#FFA500]"It-it's nothing, really...just the musings of two fellow agents." [/colour]Harmony raised a questionable eyebrow at Applebloom and gave her a look of disbelief. "Riiiiight uhuh, and I'm the dead spirit of Celestia and Wash is the god**** Red Fox." Harmony retorted with the sarcasm painfully obvious, "c'mon what is it?, spit it out you can trust me I won't kiss and tell promise." Harmony persisted playfully in her usual energetic way to her special somepony, curious about what they were talking about. "Well...I might kiss but not tell, unless you want me to...The others won't mind." Harmony teased seductively as she moved closer cuddling up to her special somepony blushing slightly trying to hide her feelings for Applebloom.

- Chrysalis, in front of the Hive with Despair -

It was a terrible feeling that was comming over the changeling queen. The feeling of hopelessness. She felt like she will lose this battle, her live will end here, right now. Her army was gone, every single one of them was dead. She was surrounded by hundreds of armored ponies and a angry Alicorn directly from hell was thinking she is a lesser being and has to be eradicated. Her hive is going to be destroyed, her helpless subjects are being killed cruelly. She was about to just break down infront of him, crying - but for what use? This Alicorn certainly has no heart, not for a changeling. She started talking to herself:

[colour=#009966]"I cannot be that weak right now..."[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"Noone can see me, it's fine"[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"This dishonor will be on the pages for history for all times..."[/colour]

[colour=#009966]"What does it matter when I'm dead?"[/colour]

Her facial expression hardly gave it away, but she was grinding her teeth - this was the worst position and feeling for Chrysalis in her entire life and you can understand that - she is facing a probably painful death.

Then she looked into the sky. The dark clouds, terrifying like they always were, blocking the sight. Changelings running, flying and screaming everywhere. Some of them looked at their Queen while they were running or being slaughtered - with hopeful eyes which turned into pure sorrow. And then she knew - they have lost faith. They see her surrounded, her executioner right infront of her. Some changelings even stopped running, they cried and didn't move a hoof while being killed, looking at their Queen.

[colour=#009966]"I... I cannot die here. I am sorry my precious enemy"[/colour], she said to the Alicorn, [colour=#009966]"my subjects would be terrifyed, demoralized."[/colour] An unholy strength spread through Chrysalis, it was not magic, not something supernatural. It was her will to survive. She might be surrounded by hundreds of ponies and had to face a magically superior Alicorn - but she just cannot die here, there is no way her life ends now.

Concentrating and focusing soley on her magic Chrysalis armored herself with the same green translucent armor she had for her subjects - but unlike them she was glowing in a nearly blinding green light, long trails of green following every movement of hers. Her horn was glowing pink and green at the same time, sparks and lightning around it, a clear sign how much power was still left in her. [colour=#009966]"Dance!"[/colour], she yelled at him, starting to shoot projectiles in his direction.