Revolution: A Hoof in the Dark (Revised: Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

>Lt. Tailwind (RLF Secret Bunker, Col. Striker's Office)

Sighing, Tailwind made his way down the Command Hall toward the office of the new Col. Striker, who he had been ordered to go to. If he was being sent to a Colonel for this...then things must be worse than he thought. A few guards glanced at him and snickered as he made his way down, a couple shaking their heads in pity...the later which irked Tailwind the most. Grimacing, he approached the door and knocked before entering. Saluting Striker, he took his spot in front of the desk. The nervous young stallion sat quietly in his seat, keeping his eyes ahead as he prepared himself for the greatest scolding of his life. Why, things just seemed to be getting worse and worse...and by the end of the day, he would no doubt be either receive a court-martial or be deported to some random, far-off outpost. Now, all he could do was wait for his imminent fate...and each passing second made him more and more twitchy.

The Colonel sits silently glaring coldly at the Lieutenant... This idiot may have just started a war on a second front. If Twilight dies in their hands then the RLF will not only have to face the war with Pierrot alone but also the GEF fury. Also... if she dies... he doesn't know... He looks away to hide the sharp pain of the thought and he returns is angered gaze to Tailwind. He gets up from his desk and walks quitely to his side until only inches seperate them. Striker looks down upon Tailwind... [colour=#006400]"I'm going to be straight with you... if I didn't need every last one of you on the ready for this potential war, I would have shipped your sorry *** to the brigg... if she dies I will demote your whole security detail and put you on latrime duty with your own toothbrush till the day I retire... do you understand me, trooper?" [/colour] Striker speaks very coldly. His words are like spears of ice while his eyes are beaming with a brilliant fire... After Tailwind replies, Striker says, [colour=#006400]"Dismissed, get out of my sight..." [/colour] Just as the Lt. was just about to leave and open the door, the Colonel reveals something very troubling. [colour=#006400]"Hold up. Tell this to no pony... FIY, that mare you shot was no other than Twilight Sparkle... I don't think I need to tell you what would happen if she died in out hands... now go, carry on."[/colour]

After Tailwind leaves, Striker continues to sit quietly glancing at his watch...

(If you want, Val, you can control Dr. Ivy for posting.)

>Dopple Strikers office

WIth a flash of light and a loud thud Dopple teleported into the room. He was a sight to see still in his battle armor and covered in cuts and burns from the battle. He looked around to make sure the spell worked. He rarely ever uses magic put his Queen gave him this boost so he knew it would work, and it did. A small smile grew on Dopple face quite relieved e wasn' teleported to the surface of the sun. He quickly composed himself for he was in business.

"Ahem..Colonel" He gave small salute. If you were to be technical Dopple was Strikers superior. But seeing as how they belonged to different factions and Dopple was in his office he had to be respectful. "Theres been a....developement" He quickly took a seat getting ready to brief striker on the recent events

> [colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] (Equinia, Showers with Draco)

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well I'm pretty sure that you know the Grand Equestrian Federation was once a smaller group of revolutionaries correct? Everything started when ponies began to feel like Equestria wasn't moving forward, that the nations growth had stagnated. They started questioning the princesses ability to lead us into the future, their ideals caught the ears of quite a few and it wasn't long until they formed a group large enough to be a known presence. Everything was pretty much small scale spats with Equestrian soldiers and the rowdy demonstration here and there, but it was hardly war. Eventually they got tired of having their voice quieted and full on rebellion broke out. Stalliongrad and Manehattan where the first New Equestrian Order cities. Some say the cities 'fell', but I believe that those cities are the progressive hearts of the nation, more like they joined the cause willingly. Celestia and Luna tried to negotiation, but their arguments were more or less, 'be quiet and keep doing what we tell you to.' Obviously those terms were declined, so the princesses had the cities purged."[/colour] She stomped her a hoof on the tile floor, shattering some marble. [colour=#ff8c00]"My parents were in Manehattan!"[/colour]

---------------

[colour=#000000]>[/colour][colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour][colour=#000000] (Equinia RLF camp)[/colour]

She landed outside the barracks the that the RLF had given Alpha inForce. Still holding Replica close she reached down and opened then door. The room was dark, and smelled of burnt feathers. Quick Scope's eyes caught sight of a flickering green light on the floor. Her eyes narrowed on the suspicious area and he held the small filly close to her, reaching into her holster pulled out her Berreta 93R and started to creep forward. She looked around and saw Gilda covered in bruises in her bunk which put her on edge even more. Soon she rounded the small table and saw the source of the green light.

[colour=#800000]"Tech!"[/colour] She called out. Quick Scope gently place Replica on the floor and went over to help the knocked out griffon. She sat him up and smacked him in the face.

"Huh, wha-"

>Replica RLF Camp

Replica didnt understand what was happening at the moment she looked around the room of the barracks with wide eyes. Shes never been in a barracks before so the room was new to her. She looked over at a griffon on the floor. He seemed to be a friend of Quickscope so she scurried over to him and nuzzled his arm happily.

[colour=#008000]"purged.." [/colour]he mumbled. [colour=#008000]"Th-that is Excessive! and unforgivable." [/colour]he said as he started to lather rather hard out of anger [colour=#008000]"i have been called freak by mean ponys and things have been done to me that i don't like but all of that pales in comparison to the purging of two large city's!"[/colour] he says

[colour=#ffa500]Applejack [/colour](RLF camps, Equinia)

[colour=#ffa500]"Rodger that, i'm en-route." [/colour]Applejack replied through her radio, beginning to make her way to the airpad. What was so important that she needed to go to 117? That place gave her the creeps, the sheer amount of blood that had been shed regaining it was inconcievable. A two week siege, which she led, resulting in the death of over 50 of her finest troops. The GEF really didn't want anypony at all getting near the base.......... Shaking her head, she scolded herself. Site 117 was one of the most secure and unknown bases the RLF had, it was just her instincts playing up on her.

She walked up the ramp to the airpad, hearing the roar of a helicopter's blades as it landed, smelling the all to familiar scent of gasoline in the transport's engines. She walked up to the officer in command, who promptly stood to attention and saluted her. Applejack returned the salute, taking a look around the makeshift airpad's display. "What can I do you for ma'am?" The officer asked, obviously a bit surprised that she was up there. [colour=#ffa500]"I need fast transport, classified location." [/colour]The officer frowned, obviously a bit suspicious."Anything you say ma'am. There's a dropship over there that's vacant." The mare nodded and began to trot over, her mind drifting back to the need of her presence at site 117. Something big must have happened, that was for sure.

Climbing into the cockpit of the armoured transport, Applejack smiled as she remembered her days as a pilot for the REA before her time in the revolution. She was already familiar with this model, having no problem powering up the engines and switching them to thrust. Pulling on a pilot's helmet, Applejack got ready for takeoff.

>[colour=#800080]Lavender Bloom [/colour](RLF camps, Equinia)

Not a minute after Applejack had left, Lavender had gotten up out of bed and began to follow the mare, intent on seeing what was going on. Sure enough,the young mare caught a few second glances from a couple of the more immature soldiers throughout the camp, but she ignored them, trying to stay hidden from Applejack's gaze. Something about the way she walked was urgent, and Lavender suspected it had something to do with his brother. The adolescent pegasus tailed her friend until she reached the airpad, where she talked to one of the officers. The soldier pointed to a vacant dropship, and Applejack trotted over, getting into the cockpit.

Frowning, Lavender wondered how she would continue her pursuit, the airpad was wide open space with nowhere to hide. Looking over to the jets and choppers stationed there, an idea struck her. Looking either way, she flapped her wings and took off, flying overhead from prying eyes and landing on the other side of the airpad, quickly running and jumping into the dropship. Checking to make sure nopony had seen her, Lavender poked her head out of the side of the exit port, scanning the area. Thankfully, nopony had even noticed her. Sighing in relief, she walked over to a crate and sat down behind it, hoping it would provide decent cover.

There wasn't a long wait to get comfortable, as Lavender felt the dropship lift off the ground and jet off, nearly having to push the crate she was sat behind away as it nearly crushed her. Growling and shaking her head, she trotted over to one of the seats and strapped herself in, surely Applejack wouldn't come back here while she was flying. Strangely, the hum of the dropship's engines was almost calming, and Lavender soon found herself drifting off, glad to have her first proper, willing sleep for the past couple of days.

> [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (Equinia, RLF camp, with Tech and Replica)

Tech grunted as he returned to the world of the conscious. He felt a soft rubbing on one his arms. Upon investigating the sensation, his eyes narrowed rage.[colour=#808080] "Changeling..."[/colour] The words were laced with venom. When he looked down at the young filly smiling at him, but all he could see was the cocooned forms of his family being carried away by a horde of the vile parasite. His fist clenched and he gritted his teeth.

Quick Scope had made a terrible mistake, how could she forget about Tech's history with the Changelings. She ran over to where they were and grabbed up Replica before Tech could do something he'd regret.[colour=#800000] "No. Tech, she's with me. Calm down."[/colour]

[colour=#808080]"Keep IT away from me."[/colour] He growled.

[colour=#800000]"Maybe you should try and bug Gilda to see if you can get her awake?"[/colour] She said to replica as she pointed towards the sleeping griffon.

----------

>[colour=#ff8c00] Kaalia [/colour]()

[colour=#ff8c00]"Doesn't it make much more sense now," [/colour]She gave Draco a smug little chuckle. [colour=#ff8c00]"After seeing what an alicorn can do, there is no question that Celestia and Luna gave themselves up. They knew that they screwed up, they knew that we would never look at them the same way again. The princesses did the only thing they could do to atone for their sin, and that was pay in blood. GEF vs RLF was never a fight between right and wrong. It was a war between change and tradition." [/colour]She glanced into the showers at the furiously lathering stallion and stifled a giggle.[colour=#ff8c00] "Anyway, towels will be out side the shower. I will head to the private kitchen, it's easy enough to find. First floor, huge double doors of the building right next to this."[/colour]

>Replica RLF Camp

Replica let put a small whimper as Tech stormed out. She didn't like that he was so mean to her. What did she do wrong? She heard quickscope

Say something about a Gilda and looked at the sleeping Griffon. She was placed in the same bed as Gilda and decided to take a more suttle approach. She crawled onto the Griffons chest gently not to hurt or startle her. She the curled up into a ball nuzzling the Griffon while giving the most friendly smile she could. She only hoped when this Gilda woke up she wouldnt be mean.

he blushed at her laughing he knew it was not in mocking but he was not sure of her she was something he was not used to.. good natured teasing... he washed off then dried himself with a towel he did not like all that the GEF did like the pony supremacy thing but he did understand that what the princesses did was wrong.. but maybe.. maybe they could live in peace if they compromised.. give the relatives of the princess their own little plot of land and let them live in their own little world but maybe he was too idealistic.. and too small a fish to be asking these things.. he walked to the kitchen to find kaalia.

>[colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] and[colour=#800080] Karrthus [/colour](Equinia, LEH camp)

Karrthus was in a smaller form than what he usually walked around in. With his current stature the dragon a little taller than a fully grown stallion. He could comfortably look anypony in the eyes without towering over them. He sat at the table in he and Kaalia's private kitchen, chewing on several gems he had rudely shoveled into his mouth. Kaalia stared at him sideways for a second.[colour=#800080] "What?"[/colour] He replied stupidly. [colour=#800080]"It's not like you're particularly well mannered." [/colour]They stared at each other for a little bit longer before both of them broke into wild laughter.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Oh, oh...That was rich."[/colour] Kaalia said as she pulled out a large tray of vegetables and assorted gems. She placed the food on the table, and looked over to her husband.[colour=#ff8c00] "Draco should be joining us after a while, I tell you, he's a fun one."[/colour] She said snickering. Karrthus simply chewed on his gems with his eyes closed.

[colour=#800080]"Before I forget, how'd he do out there today?"[/colour] Karrthus asked.

[colour=#ff8c00]"Well he just got out of the healing coals,"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"That bad-"[/colour] Kaalia cut him off before he could finish.

[colour=#ff8c00]"After sparring with Thunder Maw, and successfully blocking several strikes, then fighting me and taking a river of lava to the chest and blocking a barrage of hoof strikes. He even hit me."[/colour] She said as she patted her chest where Draco struck her.

[colour=#800080]"Wow, really!?"[/colour] he said swallowing hard.[colour=#800080] "colour me impressed. What do have you planned for tomorrow?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff8c00]"Not sure yet."[/colour]

The dragoness finished setting the plates, Draco would be there any moment now.

-------------------

> [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] and [colour=#daa520]Gilda[/colour] (Equinia, RLF camp with Replica)

Gilda stirred in her sleep, images of her home, and her friends flashed by her. One particular friends visage stayed for a bit longer. Something warm was rubbing against her chest, causing her to slowly awaken. "Urgh" she groaned, her body hurt everywhere, and the affectionate action was refreshing. She looked around for the source of the feeling. lowering her eyes she caught sight of the young changeling filly.

[colour=#daa520]"Well then, ya don't see a changeling showing love like this all the time, must be my birthday."[/colour] She sarcastically as she rubbed Replica's head with a claw.[colour=#daa520] "Where'd the scamp come from QS?"[/colour]

>Replica with Gilda and Quick Scope

Replica purred happily at Gilda's touch. With that other Griffon being so mean to her she thought Gilda would react the same way. She continued to nuzzle Griffon before letting out a loud squeak. She looked at the Griffon noticing one of her wings was different than the other. She knew Quick Scope's wings were not like that. It didn't take long for the filly to put it together. This Gilda must've got hurt like she did and lost her wing. At this realization she quickly stood on all fours and eagerly turned around to show Gilda why she got so excited. Her gesture was simple but it said a mouthful. With Replica's scars and showing her her one wing Gilda must have understood. Replica finally found someone like her.

Draco walked into the room just in time to hear some of the praise.[colour=#008000] "ahh it was not that much... did you hear how much i whined and moaned?"[/colour] he said in jest. then bowed his head. [colour=#008000]"miss Kaalia.. master Karrthus good to see you.." [/colour]he said [colour=#008000]"how are the gems this evening?"[/colour] he asked before sitting down he wanted to be respectful to the both of them

>[colour=#b22222]Despair[/colour] (In the Royal Hive with Chrysalis)

The limber Alicorn shifted to the side, then ducked, leaped, and spun away from the magical beams shot out from Chrysalis, the projectiles barely missing his armor by a few millimeters, each one. While this form gave him tremendous strength, it made him slower...more vulnerable to quick attacks. However, the power it gave him made up for it. Dashing over to the side, Despair closed the gap between himself and the Changeling Queen, turning onto his forelegs and twisting, aiming a kick from his hind leg at her neck, the wicked blade blazing. However, at the last second, he turned again and instead made a slight gash on her cheek, the black flames instantly cauterizing the wound as no blood leaked from it. Leaping back to a safer distance, he let out a calm breath and studied her, looking for a weak spot in her heavy armor.

>[colour=#ee82ee]Dr. Ivy [/colour](RLF Secret Bunker, Emergency Surgery Room)

Letting out a pent-up breath, Dr. Ivy snapped the sanitation gloves onto her hooves, feeling a satisfying, tight slap against her covered coat. A team of surgeons stood over the surgery table, preparing the patient who had been delivered into the ICU. Shaking her head gently, she gestured to the other doctors to remove the mare's clothing. Nodding, they got to work delicately cutting off the black and gray cloth, steadily revealing the coat underneath. Once they were done, Dr. Ivy hesitated upon seeing who her patient was. Nonetheless, she brought the surgeon's kit over to the operating table and opened it up. Giving the order to put a dose of morphine in case the patient woke up, Dr. Ivy set to work. Delicately and steadily, she brought out the scapula and made began to cut out the flesh surrounding the bullet wound. Once done, she starting splitting open the area around the bullet in order to get a better look, soon spotting the dark piece of metal. Passing and receiving countless instruments from her assistants, the procedure continued for quite some time, and when it was all done, she pulled the bullet gently out of the mare's chest and looked at it before placing it aside with the other tools.

Suddenly, a loud beeping began to go off from one of the monitoring units connected to the unicorn's vitals, and Dr. Ivy's eyes widened as she and her assistants hurried back to work. [colour=#ee82ee]"Hurry! We need to reseal the wound, or we're going to lose her. BP is dropping rapidly...heart-rate declining...**** it, we can't let this mare die!" [/colour]She and the other surgeons rapidly tried to close the bullet-wound, their efforts swift but precise. After a few tense moments, the beeping began to slow and cease all-together, and Dr. Ivy let out a relieved sigh. [colour=#ee82ee]"...She's stable. Contact Col. Striker, and inform him that the patient will live...as long as the wound doesn't get infected. We'll wrap up here..." [/colour]One of the assistants nodded, exiting the surgery room hastily.

>[colour=#40e0d0]Rainbow Dash [/colour](In the New Citadel's Courtyard)

[colour=#40e0d0]"She...WHAT?!" [/colour]Rainbow Dash shouted at the quivering GEF soldier, who looked her in the eyes fearfully and nodding repeatedly. The Chancellor had awoken just a few hours ago from her 'coma', and was not in a very great mood...far from it, actually, seeing the state Equinia was in and now the fact that Twilight Sparkle was missing. [colour=#696969]"Y-Yes, Chancellor. L-Lady Twilight ha-hasn't been seen for q-quite some time si-since the encounter with that Pr-Prophet guy." [/colour]Growling slightly, Rainbow turned and looked at the throng of GEF, RLF, and LEH ponies working together to rebuild. Things had...changed a lot in only a few days. [colour=#40e0d0]"...send a message to Archmage Chronarch about this change of events, and send out a call for a General's Assembly...all Chancellors and Commanders of the Federation must arrive here as soon as possible. Understand?" [/colour]The soldier saluted shakily before dashing off in the direction of a comm post. This was bad...very, very bad. First, their leader was wounded, then she disappears?! This is a severe blow to not just the moral of the Federation, but the security of the nation itself...not that it is very strong, anyway, due to the 'Equinian Apocalypse'. However, that didn't mean it had to get lower...she sat back and watched the rebuilding process for a few moments, contemplating in quiet about what had occurred recently.

>[colour=#ff8c00]Applebloom[/colour] (Freelancer Dropship)

The country mare blushed as Harmony teased her with her words, feeling the other mare's body ease up against hers. Her body began to warm up a bit, and she cleared her throat. [colour=#ff8c00]"...I wish ya wouldn't do that...it's quite embarrassin', Harmony..."[/colour] Returning to the business at hand, Applebloom addressed Washington with a quiet nod. [colour=#ff8c00]"Yes, I couldn't agree with ya more, Wash. Things are quite...difficult. But, we're Equestrians. We'll get through this, we always have, always will." [/colour]She offered a reassuring smile, before looking out the window at the spiraling landscape below, and the smile faded as she recalled something from her past. [colour=#ff8c00]"...ya know, now that I think about it...this is all very familiar to me. When I was in Equinia, the magical residue there felt...familiar. I can't place it or nothin', but I can tell you that it was definitely an Alicorn's magic. But...what other Alicorns are out there? Weren't the Princesses the last ones? That is a question we should be worried about...if the Princesses could do something as horrible as massacre Stalliongrad and Manehatten...what would other Alicorns do? Something worse than what happened in Equinia?"[/colour]

>Unknown (Unknown Location)

Darkness. That was existed in this place, at least for a time. Few ever came into here...and for a good reason. Everything was silent, not even the whisper of wind or movement could be heard in the oppressive quiet. However, the darkness suddenly faded in a burst of light as white, burning lanterns lit up all around the now-discernible chamber. It was an elegant, white marble chamber with eight massive pillars in a circle at its edges, one for each cardinal direction. The tiles on the floor were woven into a massive pattern that was shaped and colored to look like an eight-pointed star with a ring of suns and moons, with a downward sword in its center. At the very middle of the room sat eight large stone thrones in a circle, each crafted into a specific form. Each throne, while built similarly, had a different emblem on its base and back. They existed in order from North to North-West as a white sun, a silvery moon, a sphere of stars, a skull, a sphere of raindrops, a constantly-shifting red and yellow flame, a blooming tree, and a swirling typhoon. Indeed, the scenery was simple yet beautiful, the craftsmanship clearly perfect in every way from the corners, curves, and surfaces of the stone and marble. Suddenly, an ancient-looking unicorn appeared on the Sun Throne, his eyes, mane, coat, and beard whitened with intense age. He wore swaying white robes that hung gently against his sides, and bore the white sun emblem upon the very center of the cloth. Letting out a longing sigh, the old pony leaned back as the transparent images of several others began to show in the other thrones.

Sitting in the Moon Throne was the slim figure of a female Changeling, her body young and without the holes that the rest of her race had. Her flowing silver hair was wrapped around her comfortably, and her smile was one of warmth and beauty. The changeling wore a silvery dress and had a cascade of moon-shaped jewelry on her body. She was known as Salmhofer, the Lunar Daughter, Second Grand Master of the elite order she was a part of. Despite her appearance, she was quite old...not as old as the First Grand Master who sat in the Sun Throne, aptly named The Oracle, but old enough to have seen many nations fall in her time. Lowering her head in deference to the ancient unicorn, her smile widened as she began her report in a smooth, silky voice. [colour=#696969]"...Master, I have successfully managed the rescue of the chosen amount of Changelings that have been requested. They reside within the Frozen Divide, and await to wreak vengeance against Pierrot and his ilk. They believe Chrysalis to be dead...and I know not whether they are correct."[/colour]

As soon as the words exited the changeling's mouth did another figure appear, sitting quietly on the Star Throne, a long wizard's cap sitting on his head. A zebra, he was...the white and black stripes on his coat making it obvious. The flowing yellow robes and star patterns standing out against the gray stone which he sat on. Tipping his hat to the old geezer and pretty changeling before him, he kept his expression silent and stroked his long black beard. [colour=#daa520]"...but, Salmhofer, how can you be sure that they will fight on our side? Also, why do we even need them...? We have plenty of soldiers already, gathered after thousands of years of service. Surely we need not recruit more, or our supplies will fade early." [/colour]The changeling sighed, addressing her peer. [colour=#696969]"...that does not mean we cannot help those in need." [/colour]The zebra grunted, pulling out his signature pipe and smoking in it silently. His name was Dibbar, the High Magus. His magical power was rivaled only by the Oracle himself...and those cursed Alicorns, **** them all.

On queue, two more figures appeared on the Tear and Fire Thrones. The two earth ponies gave elegant flourishes to the other Grand Masters before sitting back down. Brothers, both of them...and stubborn when it came to their convictions. The sad-looking, blue-robed individual on the Tear Throne was called Hurricane, the Mournful Storm, while the stallion on the Fire Throne had on reddish armor and an arrogant, smiling expression. The fiery pony was Volcan, the Landbreaker. The two stared eachother down angrily, their eyes narrowed to thin, dagger-like points. They had always argued and disliked the other since birth...and as a result, their commands never cooperated unless forced. However, despite their obvious hostility, they always kept silent during these meetings. Glancing over at the three other vacant thrones, they watched as two more figures appeared.

A large, armored griffon appeared on the Wind Throne, his entire body encompassed in thick gray steel, even his wings. Talar, the Sky Slicer. Next to him was a nervously-smiling pegasus with a yellowish mane and pink coat, her mane and tail braided with loral leaves and flowers. They both bowed and sat down as well, their silence a normal part of these gatherings. However, Talar's head swung over to the vacant Death Throne, and tipped his head curiously. [colour=#40e0d0]"...where is Shining Armor?" [/colour]All the other Grand Masters spoke amongst themselves quietly before the Oracle raised one of his old hooves, drawing them all to silence. Lowering it, his pupiless eyes gazed at the Death Throne, as a constantly-flickering image of Shining Armor appeared before them all. Giving an apologetic bow, the stallion's image sat down on his throne. The entire Grand Council was gathered...and now the real discussion can occur.

[colour=#4b0082]"...my fellow Grand Masters. The battle at the Changeling's Royal Hive is worse than we thought...they were completely unprepared for Pierrot's massive assault...and are at this moment being slaughtered. I am finding difficulty in shepherding all the unfortunate souls, and as a result I am only able to send half of my essence here." [/colour]This caused more murmurs, and Salmhofer spoke out clearly, for she was the Oracle's voice in these matters, since his had faded long ago. [colour=#696969]"...you are to continue your work, young Shining Armor. As you are the representative of Death, you are able to bring those anguished spirits to rest...which is a must at these times. If any poor soul is left walking those streets, Pierrot can use the Tartarus Gate to use them for his army. However, the Oracle asks that you watch over Queen Chrysalis, if she is still in the land of the living...she needs to be kept alive." [/colour]The black-armored stallion nodded, grimacing a bit at having to protect the Changeling Queen. He didn't dislike any living creature...but if there was one whose face he could do without seeing, it would be Chrysalis'. For a long time, the discussion of the Perre Noel Grand Masters went on, speaking of current events in their ruling provinces and of the Pierrot issue. As the meeting reached it's climax, Salmhofer put in one more command from the Oracle for the other Grand Masters.

[colour=#696969]"...it is time we take a hold of these events. You know your designated targets...they must be guarded at all costs. If the Goliath is to become our Salvation...they must survive. For if even one of them dies...the Rebirth cycle will have to begin anew, and we do not have the time for that. After all...the Oracle has said that this is our last chance. This is our only change to save our home...we cannot lose this opportunity. Now...dismissed." [/colour]Instantly, all the Grand Masters except for Salmhofer and the Oracle disappeared from their thrones, and she looked over in concern at her mentor, friend, and father-figure. [colour=#696969]"...are you sure it was wise, creating those two...? After they were taken from our possession...things became more dangerous." [/colour]The ancient unicorn sighed once more, leaning back further as he spoke to her mentally. ...we had to, Salmhofer. We needed to hasten the Cycle...the world didn't have time to wait for the Cycle to resettle itself. The changeling nodded, before she too disappeared. Closing his eyes, the Oracle faded as the white-fire lanterns winked out one by one, plunging the room into darkness.

>[colour=#b22222]Despair[/colour] (In the Royal Hive with Chrysalis)

The limber Alicorn shifted to the side, then ducked, leaped, and spun away from the magical beams shot out from Chrysalis, the projectiles barely missing his armor by a few millimeters, each one. While this form gave him tremendous strength, it made him slower...more vulnerable to quick attacks. However, the power it gave him made up for it. Dashing over to the side, Despair closed the gap between himself and the Changeling Queen, turning onto his forelegs and twisting, aiming a kick from his hind leg at her neck, the wicked blade blazing. However, at the last second, he turned again and instead made a slight gash on her cheek, the black flames instantly cauterizing the wound as no blood leaked from it. Leaping back to a safer distance, he let out a calm breath and studied her, looking for a weak spot in her heavy armor.

The wound hurt quite a bit, but Chrysalis couldn't care less about pain at the moment. This was solely about killing this alicorn and then vanishing - that was her only hope. If she didn't kill him he would kill her and if she didn't vanish after the fight the army will just tear her apart.

[colour=#009966]"Grrr, he is slow, but still too fast... stupid wings"[/colour], she thought, having an idea. Her horn was glowing green and pink at the same time and she could see Despair getting read to dodge more of her deadly blasts. But instead a pink beam came out of her horn, paralyzing his wings, what made him fall to the ground. She used the short moment in which he tried to get up to hit him with her own amplified magic. She could see him flying a few meters - how much damage it did to him wasn't to see yet, but soon it will turn out as she walked closer.

>[colour=#800080]Lavender Bloom [/colour](RLF secret bunker)

Lavender awoke as the dropship touched down in the hangar, fumbling frantically to get herself unstrapped from the chair she had dozed off in. She pulled off the straps and threw herself behind the crate she had been behind earlier just as Applejack came walking through and down the dropship's ramp. Poking her head out, she dared to step outside of the dropship. The hangar must have been private, as it was almost completely empty, apart from some unlucky soul who had been put on cleanup smoking and reading a magazine over in the corner. Lavender ran out of the transport and after Applejack, trying to stay as quiet as she could while doing so, which was difficult to say the least.

Rounding corner after corner, Lavender found it hard to keep up with Applejack in the maze of a base. Soon enough, she found herself only following sound, having lost track of the mare. Sighing, she decided to have a look around, the base so far had been similar to the couple she had been to with her brother, so it couldn't be too different. Wondering aimlessly around the desolate bunker, it didn't take long for Lavender to realise she had gotten herself lost, but soon the sound of voices hit her ears. Keeping low and to the walls, Lavender crept closer, wondering who was talking. The smell of something extremely clean hit her nose, so she guessed that she was in the base's infirmary. Peaking her head round the corner, she was relieved to see the double doors on the other side of the room swing shut, a surgeon walking away on the other side.

Walking out from around the corner cautiously, Lavender came face to face with a glass window. At first, the operating lights blared and disrupted her vision, but soon enough her eyes adjusted. Lying on the operating table surrounded by surgeons was what looked like an unconscious mare, but she couldn't tell from the sheets of operating material covering her body. Ducking down as to not be seen, she crawled closer to the door of the operating theater. Poking her head up, her eyes widened as she caught a glimpse of the wounded mare's face. Sweet Celestia, that was Twilight Sparkle.......... a plethora of emotions began to boil up inside the young pegasus as the realisation struck her. Confusion, pity, anger...

"Don't move a muscle." A voice sounded as something cold and metallic was pressed up against her neck. Standing up slowly, Lavender turned to see a rather scary looking RLF soldier pointing his weapon directly at her forehead. [colour=#800080]"Please don't shoot, i'm the general's sister." [/colour]Lavender sputtered, sweat trickling down her brow, her eyes fixed on the gun poised for a lethal shot. The soldier's face reddened and he growled as he struck Lavender square across the face with his rifle, sending her flying into the window of the operating theater. "How dare you insult the general! Have you no honour you......" Lavender couldn't hear the rest of the soldier's rant, as blood began to flow from the wound the blow had caused, her ears ringing. "Colonel Striker sir, I believe I have located an enemy spy in the base, she is claiming to be the deceased general's sister........." Captain Thunderwing said, a close friend of Free's and long time colleague.

>[colour=#ffa500]Applejack [/colour](RLF secret bunker)

Applejack rushed her way through the bunker, knowing the endless twists and turns like the back of her hoof. Slowing down as she reached the office sector, she stopped to stare down the desolate hallway. The newly appointed general was flashed back to a seen of horror and destruction as she remembered the day long crossfire in scaring detail. Shaking her head, she flashed back to the present, but everything was too quiet compared to the memory. [colour=#ffa500]"I need to get back in the field...." [/colour]Applejack said while rubbing her forehead, she hated all this politics business that the general's untimely death had thrown her into. Alas, she still had a job to do, and she would be ****ed to tartarus if she didn't.

Walking along the eerie corridor, she stopped outside Striker's new office, taking a l ong breath before knocking on the door and walking through. [colour=#ffa500]"Lets get down to business then." [/colour]The mare said, tipping her hat to Striker and walking to his desk, a tad bit surprised to see Dopple there as well, but she guessed Striker wanted him to hear whatever he had to say. [colour=#ffa500]"Uhh.... Hello to you to general Dopple." [/colour]She said awkwardly as she took a seat.

>Dopple RLF secret Bunker

He looked at the mare as she walked in. "Greetings to you General. I congratulate you on your promotion. I however have some much needed news to tell you." He looked at the colonel. "Both of you. A few hours ago a large army marched onto the hive. They were commanded by two young Alicorns claiming to be the children of Periott. They wanted to punish y people for what happened to Princess Cadence. And punish us they did..." He needed to pause for the next part. "We never reorganized our forces after what happened in Equinia. We didn't have enough time to prepare a proper defense...or an evacuation." He felt a tear go down his cheek. "I am now the General of a dead country....and a dead race. No one got out. The army blasted through our walls and slaughtered everyone in sight we fought as best we could but their army was too great." He took off the helmet that he was wearing and flung it causing something made of glass to shatter. He didn't care enough to look at it.

"I would've stayed and died with my people if my Queen did not order me to come here and inform you on these events. If the queen has fallen as well. I only know of one other Changeling who escaped this inferno." He quickly thought about his filly hoping that she was ok with the Griffons. He looked back up at the two ponies. "I need to see Twilight or any high ranking officer of the GEF personally to inform them of this as well..I also have to put in a formal request to enlist into one of your forces..." Even though his country is dead he was alive and needed to avenge his people somehow. He decided the only way he would do this is to join one of the factions that were still around meaning he would enlist in either army of the RLF or the GEF. He frowned at the thought because he may lose his rank as General. Even if he was made a Private he would still be fighting for his people and thats all that mattered to him.

[colour=#006400]Col. Star Striker - RLF Secret Bunker, Striker's Office[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I'm glad you made it safely, mam."[/colour] replies the Colonel as AJ trots through his door. He stands and salutes, then sits again. Just as this happens, Dopple magically appears in his office. The Colonel is too confused to draw his weapon. This is the 3rd uninvited guest he had today... The Colonel couldn't help but feel some pity for his old enemy and his tragic story... a whole race of people, casted into oblivion because of a questionable "sin" at best. This news is rather disturbing. This must be a sizable force indeed. Regardless of the sensative emotions in the air, Striker must elaborate on the situation. He looks upon Dopple with very serious eyes. [colour=#006400] "I knew about this attack since it happened... we had surveilance equipment installed outside the hive a long time ago. When I recieved the intel about your situation, I told my intellegence officers that the prime and only directive of this situation is purely observation and battle data analysis. There was nothing by way of support I could give you." [/colour]Suddenly the moments that Chrysalis spent to help the broken ranger come to terms with his past... even offering up her own love even though she dosen't know anything about him. A light but aching pain of loss grips his being. [colour=#006400]"Tell me... does the Changeling Queen live? Did she survive the massacare?..." [/colour]he asks in his cold military tone.

>Dopple Strikers office

Dopple responded with his own cold military tone. "I don't know..." If Striker wasnt gonna show emotion about the situation neither was he. "She was battling the male Alicorn when I teleported here. Theres no way of knowing if the army is occupying the area or just wanted to destroy us so i would advise not sending a search team for her body." Dopple stood up. Talking about his queen being dead did not sit well with him. "Do you know of Twilights current Location? I need to address her on this immediately." Dopple tried as hard as he could but it was obvious that his facade wasnt fooling anyone. He was traumatized on what has befallen his people. Whats worse he has to live with being the one who left his people to die. Of course it didnt really happen like that but thats how he felt.

Chrysalis' unknown condition is troublesome. His one ally in this may be in a body bag... this is not good at all. He can't afford to loss friends right now.The mention of Twilight wrentches Striker's heart. To his knowledge she is still in surgery... His expression becomes worrysome. [colour=#006400]"She's here... but she is... injured..." [/colour]he stumbles. He looks away nervously.

>Replica with Gilda and Quick Scope

Replica purred happily at Gilda's touch. With that other Griffon being so mean to her she thought Gilda would react the same way. She continued to nuzzle Griffon before letting out a loud squeak. She looked at the Griffon noticing one of her wings was different than the other. She knew Quick Scope's wings were not like that. It didn't take long for the filly to put it together. This Gilda must've got hurt like she did and lost her wing. At this realization she quickly stood on all fours and eagerly turned around to show Gilda why she got so excited. Her gesture was simple but it said a mouthful. With Replica's scars and showing her her one wing Gilda must have understood. Replica finally found someone like her.

> [colour=#daa520]Gilda[/colour] and [colour=#800000]Quick Scope[/colour] (RLF camp with Replica)

[colour=#800000]"She's Doppleganger's filly, her name is-"[/colour] Gilda cut her off and turn all of her attention to Replica.

Glida traced Replica's scars with a single claw until she finally ran her sharp appendages over the spot where the filly's wing should have been. She sighed and looked into the young changeling's eyes. She sat up even though her body protested every step of the way. She stretched out her mechanical wing so the Replica could take a look at it. the gem in it pulsed weakly.[colour=#800000] "I see conflict has touched you too. What's your name kid."[/colour] Gilda said in her usually smug tone.

Quick Scope raised an eyebrow at her colleague, what was that inflection in Gilda's voice. Tenderness was the griffons first thought, but she quickly wrote it off.

Draco walked into the room just in time to hear some of the praise.[colour=#008000] "ahh it was not that much... did you hear how much i whined and moaned?"[/colour] he said in jest. then bowed his head. [colour=#008000]"miss Kaalia.. master Karrthus good to see you.." [/colour]he said [colour=#008000]"how are the gems this evening?"[/colour] he asked before sitting down he wanted to be respectful to the both of them

> [colour=#ff8c00]Kaalia[/colour] and [colour=#800080]Karrthus[/colour] (Equnina, LEH camp with Draco)

[colour=#ff8c00]"Glad to see that you made it here."[/colour] Kaalia said jokingly.

[colour=#800080]"Good evening Draco, please drop the formalities when we're alone. "[/colour] Karrthus offered the stallion a genuine smile and gestured for him to take a seat. The dragon laughed quietly at Draco's question.[colour=#800080] "Delicious as usual, but I'd like a third opinion today."[/colour] The area set for Draco had a plate on it with a delicious looking pasta salad, the edges of the plate were decorated with broccoli and the smells of corn, tomato and spices floated around the food. On the other plate sat an impressive assortment of gems, six in total. One was clear with bright yellow magical energy dancing about within it, One was pitch black, but dark mist slowly rose from its, one was ruby red and the power within it mimicked an active wild fire, the next one was ice blue, water was believed to be water sloshed about inside even though there was no sound, the next one glowed bright blue and electricity lashed out violently from its core and struck the interior walls of its prison, the second to the last gem was ash grey and a weak, but soothing breeze seemed to come from the stone, and the final one was brown, but small pieces of it seemed to break off only to regenerate a second later. [colour=#800080]"Please, have a taste, tell me which one suits your fancy." [/colour]

------------

>[colour=#008080] Draxis[/colour] (Equinia, temp guard barracks)

The captain stumbled around his temporary offices, occasionally ramming into walls or falling over completely. He fell to the ground trembling, and clutched the sides of his head as he howled like a banshee. The pain was just too much all at once.

He could feel them, scratching in the back of his mind. Foals, calling for their parents, Parents weeping over the corpses of their children, the pain from being crushed a thousand times over, the feeling of having his chest cavity evacuated by high caliber bullets, and the bliss of one's last few heartbeats before death. He felt them all one, after another. All streaming through him, by way of a medium that should no longer exist. Streams of garbled sensory information forced themselves into Draxis' mind through a connection that was but a phantom of its former self. The ghosts of what once connected Draxis and other GEF defectors to their kind had been stirred. What could possibly have happened to disturb those spirits.

Which each passing moment of agony, he felt more empty.

-----------

> [colour=#40e0d0]Chronarch[/colour] (Equinia, citadel Quarters --->New Citadel's courtyard)

His personal well being didn't matter. Despite his condition he would make sure everything was going to be alright, he would make sure that everypony did everything they could do to get the city functioning as quickly as possible. He was burring himself in requisition papers until he heard a rapid knock was at his door. The archmage used his magic to cover his eye and wrap his foreleg up before trotting over and opening the door.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Yes?"[/colour] He asked calmly.

It didn't even take him a full minute (though he did cheat) to usher out the messenger and put on his leather armor and cloak. The stallion closed his eye and focused on where he wanted to go. As usual he was gone without a trace, no flash, just a quiet pop. He reappeared directly in front of Rainbow Dash. [colour=#40e0d0]"Nice to see you back on your hooves Chancellor Dash.[/colour]" He said politely.[colour=#40e0d0] "The situation has become quite dire, if I heard correctly."[/colour] His face betrayed no emotion, but mentally he was assessing every magical signature he could sense for a clue to Twilight's whereabouts. When he finished talking to Dash, he'd have to time scry for the mare.

> Replica RLF Camp

She looked at the wing with awe as Gilda showed it to her. She didnt know that you could get a fake wing. She wanted to touch it but she knew better. The foal was quiclly snapped back to reality when Gilda asked for her name. She decided since Gilda was nice, she would be ok with talking but only a little bit. "R-Replica..." was all she managed to say.

> Dopple Strikers Office

Dopple blank eyes widened at what Striker said. "Twilight's been wounded?!" He quickly strood up. Another faction leader has been injured in the past day. "Whats her status and how did it happen. Spare no details. If shes out of surgery take me to her i need to get this information to her." He didn't want to make this sound like an order but the news was troubling.

>[colour=#ffa500]Applejack [/colour](RLF secret bunker)

Applejack sat and listened quietly as Dopple told his story, taking the information in. She had thought they would at least have a couple of weeks before Pierrot's army attacked, but now............. She was interrupted by Striker's news about Twilight. Twilight had been shot? Her eyes widened in distress, but the gesture was subtle, and she quickly regained her composure. The mare raised her eyebrow's at Dopple's reaction, she wasn't aware the general had met Twilight before. Taking a glance at Striker, she gave a small shake of her head towards him. She didn't trust the changeling one bit.

[colour=#ffa500]"You have no right to make demands like that in my base." [/colour]She said, turning to face the changeling, her face a steely gaze. [colour=#ffa500]"I am sorry for what has befallen your hive, but Queen Chrysalis is a very strong character and she wouldn't go down without a fight to anypony, let alone a child. She battled and won against Celestia herself for heavens sake. And as for Twilight..........." [/colour]She trailed off, wondering what she could have possibly been doing here to get herself shot in the first place.[colour=#ffa500]"I would in fact like to visit her myself. Dopple, we can offer you rest here until news of your hive reaches us, but until then, remember that you are in our base, not yours." [/colour]Applejack said in a militaristic tone, her face an emotionless wall.

>[colour=#800080]Lavender Bloom [/colour](RLF secret bunker)

"Who the hell do you think you are, sneaking into our bunker and claiming to be the general's sister? Do you have no respect for the dead at all?" Captain Thunderwing yelled at Lavender, who was slumped against the wall of the surgery theatre, holding her bleeding forehead. [colour=#800080]"Please........ I already told you..... I am the general's sister....." [/colour]The poor mare said, sturggling to stay conscious. Thunderwing's rage only increased as she repeated her statement, grabbing the young mare by the neck and hoisting her off the ground. Scrabbling uselessly at the hulking stallion's hooves around her neck, Lavender flailed and kicked, trying to get out of his grasp. [colour=#800080]"Please............" [/colour]She squeaked, starting to suffocate. Bringing her close to his face, Thunderwing growled, "You disgust me." Throwing her back on the ground, he prepared to land another blow with his rifle.

Gasping and taking great mouthfuls of air, Lavender looked up as the soldier raised his rifle. Her eyes widened as something inside her clicked. Block and reverse it something told her. Something strangely............. Familiar. Standing slowly, Lavender turned herself to face her tormentor as he made for another strike with his rifle. She caught the stallions forehoof and twisted it, wrenching the gun out of his hooves. Without thinking, she smashed him square across the face with the rifle, almost instinctively. Her hooves were made hers again as she stood there with a gun pointed at the stallion, trembling like an earthquake. [colour=#800080]"What........" [/colour]She said, looking down at the gun in her hooves. Cringing at the weapon, she threw it across the room, staring back at the stallion, who was a bit shocked.

Before he could say a word, a group of armoured guards barged through the door and grabbed Lavender, placing cuffs on her and dragging her away. She didn't even struggle, she was too shocked at herself. A couple of the guards stayed behind to help Thunderwing up. "Are you ok sir?" One of them asked, holding out his hoof. "I'm fine." He said, pushing away the soldier's hoof, standing up shakily. Something about that filly's eyes made him shudder........... Was she really Free's sister? He knew that Free had some sort of outside connection from the military........ Nervously, he pressed his comm link to the colonel. "Colonel Striker sir? We have detained what I believe to be an enemy spy, and are taking her to the cells to be interrogated. She claimed to be the deceased general's sister. I will not act without your permission, but I would hurry. She looked to be barely of age to be called a mare." Shaking his head and rubbing the spot where Lavender had struck him, he began to walk towards the prisoner cells.

>Dopple RLF Base

"General with all do respect, what you call my hive is now a pile of ash, my people women and children included have been crushed like the insects you see us as. Let me ask you something." He paused looking at her with a look that could crack rocks. "These Alicorns first damaged the GEF. They the responded by completely destroying my country. When do you think they will set their eyes on your organization." This question was of course rhetorical. He had to have made sense to the mare. The RLF has been one of the only factions not attacked by these evil forces. He was sure it would not stay that way for long. "I ask General to come with you to see her..."

"I'm not stupid. I know you do not trust me and I have never given you a reason too." He took a deep breath. This next part would be hard for him. "The only other Changeling I can confirm to be alive is my own daughter. I took her to Equinia to meet Twilight. I won't explain my reasons they are not important. I just think what her fate would be if I had not brought her to the city. It's hard to live with the fact that my race is gone....but if I lost her...well I don't have to explain that now do I?" He looked at both the ponies before him. "I come to your base, to your land no longer as your enemy. I need you to give me this chance to avenge my peoples lives...and to save your own."

The Colonel sense sincerity in Dopples words. [colour=#006400]"I can understand what it is to loose everything, Doppleganger... just like you I had watched my nation crumble before my very hooves, unable to stop it." [/colour]He glances at AJ with a look of trust and then back to Dopple. His eyes become strong and willed. [colour=#006400]"Rest assured when they set their eyes upon us, especially me... they will have a hell of a fight of the likes they have never seen. We may be few... we may be unarmed and outnumbered... but we are the Remnants of the REA before the RLF and we have something that wins wars more than any weapon of cold steel and gunpowder... we have heart... we have the will to fight and to fight forever if that is what it takes. You smite us down... and we rise again from the ashes with a fury that would make Discord tremble. This is who we are." [/colour]his voice booms with confidence and sweet glory. He looks up AJ with a stern look. [colour=#006400]"Mam, as your 2nd in Command, I highly advise we help this poor soldier, besides... I made Chrysalis a promise... and I intend to keep it."[/colour]

Striker returns his gaze back to Dopple with a sigh. [colour=#006400]"Twiligh managed to infiltrate our facility but she came for diplomecy so I let her speak her piece. I share the details of that later but I assume when she was trying to leave she was discovered by our security... one got trigger happy... I made sure he was aware of his deed and the possible consqeunces, but I couldn't give disiplinary action. We need the bodies... regardless she is in the ICU. Dr. Ivy is working on her as we speak. I'm sure she will be fine..." [/colour] The last of his words weren't subtle for worry. He hopes Twilight makes it through...

As he finishes talking, the comm link in his office activates. "Colonel Striker sir? We have detained what I believe to be an enemy spy, and are taking her to the cells to be interrogated. She claimed to be the deceased general's sister. I will not act without your permission, but I would hurry. She looked to be barely of age to be called a mare." Striker's expression changes to that of annoyance. He looks up at AJ. [colour=#006400]"Mam... did you really bring her here and failed to mention that to security?... More uninvited guests, great..."[/colour]

> Kaalia and Karrthus (Equnina, LEH camp with Draco)

"Glad to see that you made it here." Kaalia said jokingly.

"Good evening Draco, please drop the formalities when we're alone. " Karrthus offered the stallion a genuine smile and gestured for him to take a seat. The dragon laughed quietly at Draco's question. "Delicious as usual, but I'd like a third opinion today." The area set for Draco had a plate on it with a delicious looking pasta salad, the edges of the plate were decorated with broccoli and the smells of corn, tomato and spices floated around the food. On the other plate sat an impressive assortment of gems, six in total. One was clear with bright yellow magical energy dancing about within it, One was pitch black, but dark mist slowly rose from its, one was ruby red and the power within it mimicked an active wild fire, the next one was ice blue, water was believed to be water sloshed about inside even though there was no sound, the next one glowed bright blue and electricity lashed out violently from its core and struck the interior walls of its prison, the second to the last gem was ash grey and a weak, but soothing breeze seemed to come from the stone, and the final one was brown, but small pieces of it seemed to break off only to regenerate a second later. "Please, have a taste, tell me which one suits your fancy."

------------

Draco coked his head at the gems [colour=#008000]"oook sure.. the food looks wonderful Kaalia and the gems look expensive Karrthus.."[/colour] he mumbles as he looks at them.. the black one looked.. evil he passed the fiery one gave him a feeling of remembrance of the destruction of Equina he avoided those two. the yellow one confused him... the watery one was different.. the bluish one looked to him like it was full of life the white one interested him and the brown one looked weird.. [colour=#008000]"so i choose one and get its power or just trying them?" [/colour]he could sense the whole choose your destiny thing..