Where has the ChatBar gone? (CanterChat)

Autumn

Unfortunately I've had to take the chat bar away from you all after receiving the following notice:

Your push subscription is now over the alloted monthly limit. You have 72 hours to upgrade to a new plan before your subscription is cancelled. Please follow the steps below to upgrade your plan:

1. Visit your profile to sign up for a new plan above 500,000 messages per month. Please check your license page to see how many messages you are using per month.

Our team will automatically cancel your old subscription so you will be receiving a cancellation notice after you upgrade along with a refund on the partial month if applicable.

If these steps are not taken within 72 hours, your push service will be cancelled. Thank you for you understanding and please feel free to contact us with any questions.

We have to use a separate push server to prevent Canterlot from being bogged down.

But it's not a free service and unfortunately something I have to pay out of my own pocket. (there simply aren't enough regular donations to sustain without injection)

As of writing this, we're at 511,330 messages out of 500,000 per month... and we're still growing.

The push messaging service guys cancel the subscription to prevent further incurring costs so it's not really a matter of closing the chat every time we reach 500k as I then have to an re-subscribe every time.

Sorry guys, but gotta watch the pennies.

- Artax

Urgh! The inconvenience! >< (It's okay, I'm just joking around)

I must thank you for paying for this in the past, Artax. It's been very kind of you and I cant thank you enough. So many memories with that chat...

Do you know if it will ever be back up? Or is it just a matter of us pushing the 500,000 limit?

This is the first I've heard of donations being used for server costs. I've gone to the donation page many times looking for something interesting to donate too, and invariably, I decide I don't care about actual horses or giving prizes to lucky Canterloters. I would have donated again if I had seen a server cost option.

Hang on...

Ok I'm back, and I still don't see a way to support server costs.

This is the first I've heard of donations being used for server costs. I've gone to the donation page many times looking for something interesting to donate too, and invariably, I decide I don't care about actual horses or giving prizes to lucky Canterloters. I would have donated again if I had seen a server cost option.

Hang on...

Ok I'm back, and I still don't see a way to support server costs.

Please note the words 'site upkeep' in the Golden Pot option.

• Like 2