Code: LYOKO

korok132

XANA_Symbol_by_Luislion.jpg

Who remembers this from early 2000?

Recently rediscovered it, and looking back on it, it's funny how bad the voice acting and copy/paste abuse is when they're in Lyoko. Seriously, watch the first 20-ish episodes again. You could make a drinking game out of how often they copy/paste scenes.

Still a good series though.

I feel like I missed out, not being allowed to watch this show. Is it worth catching up on?

In short: Kinda.

In long: It's weird in that it has a continuous story, but the majority of them are treading water. It's not DBZ levels of bad, since every episode is interesting to watch and not just jabbering, but the majority of them can be skipped if you're looking for the major plot points. It worked best when it was on TV, since it would only come on once or twice a day, so they could use re-runs, but watching every single episode isn't necessary, at least for the first 20 or so. There's about 90 episodes, and I'm only on 31. But if the pattern continues how I think it will, it goes "4 or 5 plot-important episodes, 15 making barely if any progress on that season's problem, 4 or 5 resolving that problem and introducing a new one, 15 episodes solving that new problem, etc."

The main draw for me was the virtual reality part of it, how they were literally fighting a machine. The concept was interesting to me, and I would actually love to do an RP if not of Code Lyoko directly, then definitely heavily influenced by it.

I remember this! It was entertaining to say the least. Also, ever notice how huge everyone's (especially Jeremy's) foreheads were in this cartoon?

Dem foreheads.

If you think those are large and obnoxious, try Ulrich's pants in the pilot,

Dem pants!

Now that I'm thinking about Garage Kids, that's actually more like what I'd want to RP, more than Code Lyoko itself.