[Ponyville]A Refreshing Treatment [Golden Harvest, Open]

IceStorm

(OOC: This is a Continuation from Carrots and Conversations.)

[colour=#ff33cc]After everything that she had seen Miss Harvest go through today, Aloe wanted to make sure that her experience at the spa was going to be one of the best she's ever had. She had already made it up in her mind that she wasn't going to charge her at all, not only for the spa pass, but for todays treatment as well, since she wasn't really expecting her to be in the mood for a trip so shortly afterward. That being said though, Aloe wanted to be as much help as she could. She couldn't imagine losing their spa and watching it crumble to the ground like she watched her stall do. I'll have to wait and she what she wants first so that I can make sure everything is at it's absolute freshest, and that the hot tubs were at the peak of temperature. Everything has to be perfect today," she thought to herself as she scanned everything to make sure that the jets in the hot tubs were all running correctly while making sure everything else was in place. She also began the delicate mixture for the mud bath that they had talked about before. She had every intention of giving her the select premium treatment today. The treatment that usually only Rarity or the occasional visitors from Canterlot could afford. [/colour]

Carrot Top followed the spa pony, unsure of what to expect. Her mind was still filled with thoughts about how her stall was ruined and so were his carrots and carrot products. She was still unsure how she was going to to rebuild the stall and recoup the losses that happened. Thankfully her friend offered a chance to take her mind off the problem for a while. She had never been to the spa, so the experience would be new.

She stepped into the big tent and looked about the waiting room. The smells of different flowers and other plesant smells. There was a counter that had behind it several bottles that she assumed were for one's coat, mane, or tail, but beyond that she didn't know what use they were for.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Hello," [/colour]she called out in the seemingly empty spa, [colour=#FF8C00]"Anypony here? Aloe?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff33cc]One of the most annoying things that Aloe had run into since she had gotten back to the spa was that her sister appeared to still be out. Then again she went out for lunch at the same time as she did and she was coming back early to help out Golden Harvest and take her mind off of what had just happened to her. One final run of everything and it was all set when she heard the bells at the spa ring as the door opened. She heard Miss Harvest call out asking if anypony was here, and then called for her. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Coming, Miss Harvest,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she announced as she came out from the back. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Sorry I wasn't up here. I was checking on everything to make sure it was going to be absolutely perfect, and I was also looking for my sister, but she seems to still be on her lunch,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she commented to Golden Harvest. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Oh, and don't worry about the coupon today, you can save that for another special occasion if you'd like this one is on us as well. I'm sure Lotus won't mind once I explain everything to her," [/colour][colour=#ff33cc]she finished with a smile. [/colour]

Carrot Top heard the voice of Aloe from somewhere within the spa. Then the pony made her appearance in the front area. What surprised the orange manned earth pony was that Aloe was generous enough to offer a free spa treatment while still allowing Carrot to keep her other free certificate.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Y...you mean it? You're giving me another spa treatment for free? Oh thank you thank you thank you!"[/colour]

She gave the spa pony a big hug of gratitude as she smiled from ear to ear. Finally after a few monents, she let go of the pony.

[colour=#FF8C00]"So... um... what do I do first? This whole thing is new to me." [/colour]

[colour=#ff33cc]A soft smile came over Aloe's face when Golden Harvest pulled her into a big hug after asking her if she had truly meant the fact that she was going to be giving her another free spa treatment today. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"But of course Miss Harvest. After all, the bits that I gave you today I would expect would have to last you until you can get a new stand, or at least until those two fix that one, and what kind of friend would I be to take them away by charging you for something that you need to brighten your day? And truth be told, if I took the coupon from you now, well, you see, I was on my lunch and we had already been open for a few hours before hand. If I were to honor the coupon today you would be losing about four hours of the treatment, and I couldn't in good conscious short you of that much time to relax and enjoy the treatments to it's fullest extent,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she explained. When she asked what to do first Aloe giggled. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Whatever you'd like to do first. I have the hot tub ready, the mud bath has just reached the perfect temperature, the sauna is all nice and steamy, and of course the heated massage chairs are ready as well, so it's what ever you'd like to do,"[/colour][colour=#ff33cc] she smiled. [/colour]

Carrot Top listened to the explanation of why Aloe was so generous about giving a free day at the spa. It made sense that her friend would not give her something like the money or the free pass and then ask her to give it back now, Still is was a great gesture of kindness, one that Carrot Top was sure to repay in the future should Aloe need help.

The orange manned mare heard the listing of the different things available to her. It sounded as if the spa pony was speaking in a different language. Carrot wasn't an ignorant pony, but being her first time she set her hooves into a spa, everything was new.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Um... I guess I'll try the mud bath first since I was interested in that earlier. That won't mess anything up with the other spa things, will it?"[/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe nodded when Golden Harvest said that she would like to try the mud bath first since it had been what they were discussing earlier before the whole incident at her stall. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Very well then, if you'd follow me, I shall lead you to it,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she spoke with a smile. She wanted to make as good as an impression as possible on Golden Harvest. Especially since she had told her that tis was her first experience at a spa. She wanted to make sure that everything went as perfect as possible in hopes that she would retain her business in the future as well as providing her with the most wonderful experience she's ever had. They entered the room where the mud baths were in and the steam coming off of the surface had already started to permeate the air and thicken. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Here we are. Make sure to enter the bath slowly. The temperatures of the water aren't hot enough to burn you per-say, but if you enter them too quickly it can put you in a momentary state of paralysis while your body accommodates to it,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she warned her as she had everypony before who's never had a mud bath. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Once you're comfortable, I'll be by with the cucumbers for your eyes. It help keep the mud from getting in your eyes,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she explained as she waited for her. [/colour]

Carrot Top followed Aloe to the mud bath room, excited at the new experience. Her friend appeared to make it a priority to give her the best spa day possible, and so far she was doing a great job explaining things to a pony who had never set her hooves into one.

The earth pony surveyed the mud bath room. The steam permeated the air, just like how her bathroom looked when she was enjoying a relaxing hot bath after a hard day's work in her garden. She looked at the tubs of bubbling mud, wondering how exactuly this was to make her look and feel better. But Aloe was the experienced one here when it cam to these things, so she had to put her faith in her advice. Following the spa pony's advice she slowly lowered herself into the mud bath, the brown and black mixture engulfing her body up to her neck. She found it a little harder to move in the mud, but eventually the mare found a comfortable spot.

[colour=#FF8C00]"I think I'm at a comfortable spot now. You said this was supposed to make my coat shiny, right?" [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe smiled and made sure that the mineral content in the mud was of the right ratio so that it would not only make her coat sleek and shiny, but also help with any aches that she could have as well. Plus it would help her skin under her coat too. Considering that it sounded like she worked a lot outside, it was probably something that could use the added nurturing. When she heard that Miss Harvest had found a comfortable position, she then placed the cucumbers over her eyes.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "I'll begin working on your mask for your facial while you enjoy your bath. For your first one, I recommend a cacti mix for deep cleansing and rejuvenation, and will complement the mud bath nicely,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled although knowing that her friend couldn't see it[/colour]

Carrot Top lay there in the mud bath, as she rested her head on the edge of the tub. Never had she felt more relaxed in her life. She was always a pony on the go; growing, harvesting, and selling carrots. It was hard work and at the end of the day she would usually return home with her muscles aching, her coat flecked with mud, and feeling very tired. A bath was her means to unwind usually and help ease her aches and get her ready for the night. Thankfully she allowed herself some time for fun like she was doing now, and deep down that no matter the aches and dirt and occasional disappointments she was happy for her life.

[colour=#FF8C00]"This bath feels amazing! I can feel my muscles being relaxed."[/colour]

Aloe then mentioned the mask for her face, which confirmed how Carot would get a treatment for her face without submerging it in the bath.

[colour=#FF8C00]"You're the spa pony, so if the cacti mix thing is best, then I trust you. What about these cucumbers on my eyes though? I know you said they're to shield them, but do they do anything else? Sorry about the dumb question, but before here the only use I've seen a cucumber for is eating one with other veggies!"[/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]"I'm glad that you like it, Miss Harvest. I took every precaution to make sure that it was absolutely perfect for you,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] Aloe commented as she ground the cacti, oils, and mint leaves together to provide the revitalizing effects for the mask. Making sure that all the ingredients blended together perfectly was the key to making a perfect mask. Aloe raised her head up as Golden Harvest asked her about the cucumbers and if they had any additional effects.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "As a matter of fact they do. The acidity of the cucumbers is almost exactly the same as the acidity of our coats and skin, and the oils in the cucumbers naturally reduce puffiness around the eyes, as well as providing deep nourishment to the skin and coat around them. It also helps reduce redness as well,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she let out a giggle though after hearing that they only thing she had heard a cucumber being used for was for being eaten.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "Of course the good old fashion use for them is just as good as well. Happens to be one of my favorite vegetables in fact,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled. [/colour]

If there was anything that Carrot Top learned in her life, it was that she had much to learn. This wasn't a bad thing like she was currently incapible of understanding the world around her. She knew how many thinks worked and once learning something it was forever imprinted into her memory. Yeat there were things that she just did not know. Magic was one thing. Being not a unicorn, Carrot Top could not understand how exactly it worked entirely. She knew that eart ponies had a kind of magic with working with the land, but nothing else. Being at the spa was not only a relaxing experience but one where she gained knowledge.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Hmm... so cucumbers can help with the sking just like this mud can. That's neat. Maybe I'll have to try that at home. You don't happen to know if carrots are good for any beauty things, do you?"[/colour]

Carrot hoped that there was some beauty remedy with carrots. After all, she did grow them, and learning another benefit would help her and maybe even other customers.

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe quickly nodded to Golden Harvest, but then remembered that she had the cucumbers over her eyes and that she wouldn't be able to see her. Her face flushed a bit from realizing the minor lapse in memory before speaking. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Yes actually, in the right mixture with the right oils carrots have been literally known to make coats shimmer and glow regardless of what time of day it is, and under one of Princess Luna's full moons, can be almost jaw dropping in beauty. Speaking of which, when your stand gets back up again, I'm going to need a few bushels of carrots. I'm actually running a bit low,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled again. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Also, whenever you are ready, the cacti mask is ready to be applied,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she finished. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc](OOC: Just FYI, There is a user that is apping for Lotus as we speak. Once she gets it approved I'll be inviting her to the thread.)[/colour]

Carrot Top was interested in the fact that carrots could indeed make a pony's coat literally glow. At first the mare thought that she could make a carrot mixture herself, but then realized that in doing so she'd be taking away some business from her friend. In addition, Carrot Top knew little about making beauty products, and doing so might prove to be disastrous. Some things were best left to the professionals.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Ooo! So carrots make a pony's pelt glow. That would be really neat for me to have that. And yes, when the stand is built again, I'll definitely get you a bushel of carrots. Actually I think I have a few bushels I kept in storage. Oh, and yeah, I'm ready for the mask."[/colour]

(OOC: That's fine. I'll see who that is for getting Lotus.)

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe trotted over to where Miss Harvest had relaxed in the bath and slowly settled on to her knees while holding the applicator for the mask in her mouth.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "Yeah, there are a couple other treatments that they can be used in as well, but I don't remember them right of the top of my head,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she spoke carefully while she began to apply the mask. She started on Miss Harvest's right, making sure that every small speck of her face was covered with the lifting mask and then moving to the other side and repeating the process on the other side of her face. Dropping the applicator brush back into the bowl she continued with what she was saying.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "I would have to look them up in my recipe guide. I know there are a good few of them, but when you mix as many recipes as I do, it gets kind hard to remember all of them,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she said with a small giggle. [/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh, you don't have to look it up now since you'e busy. I was just thinking about the possibilities of using carrots for beauty products. You know, the more things I can do with carrots, the more I can use them at home. I guess that with all your different things you do at the spa, I can see how it can get confusing."[/colour]

Feeling the cool mask being applied, she stopped talking so as to not to get the stuff in her mouth. She wasn't sure if it was a good idea to eat part of the mask accidentally.

[colour=#6699cc]"It's not quite as confusing as one would think as long as I have the recipes in front of me. I don't get to use many of them that often so whenever somepony does ask about them I usually have to reference about four different books just to remember which book had the recipe in it,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] Aloe stated, finished applying the mask. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Come to think of it, I should probably create a single reference guid to my recipe books. That would probably solve a lot of the issues,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled noticing that Miss Harvest had stopped talking as soon as she had applied it.[/colour][colour=#6699cc] "Oh, don't worry about the mixture, it's perfectly safe!... and according to some others.... absolutely delicious... Honestly, it's harder for me to keep some from eating the mask rather than wearing it,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she said with a small giggle. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Once we let that set in for about thirty minutes, we can rinse you off and head towards the massaging tables. I'll give you a massage that you'll never forget,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]She went into the next room to prepare the massaging chair for Miss Harvest, and make sure that the towels and everything were in place. She was still in earshot though so that she could easily keep up any conversation and once everything was perfect she came back into the mud room. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"So, what's it like on your farm Miss Harvest? I honestly can't say that I have any experience with it at all,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she stated hoping that she may learn a bit about the are of farming just as she had been able to share some of hers about how spas worked. [/colour]

Carrot Top breathed a sight of relief that she was able to talk while the mask was applied. Granted she knew that everything in the mask was natural, but sometimes even natural things when combined tasted awful. She also didn't want to ruin what her friend was trying to do for her.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Thanks for telling me that," [/colour]she said as a glob of the mask fell on her tongue while speaking.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Hmm.. it kind of tastes alright, but I wouldn't go around eating this mask," [/colour]she said with a giggle.

Carrot heard Aloe mention about putting her beauty recipies in one book.

[colour=#FF8C00]"You know that sounds like a great idea for me too. I've been given different recipies over the years, but I keep writing them down and jamming them into a box with all the others. Maybe I should rewrite them in one book so they're organized."[/colour]

Aloe then asked what life was like as a farming pony. It was no secret that those that never farmed had questions about what it was like.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Well Aloe, it's hard to explain something I've been doing all my life, but I'll try. Now farming is not for everypony. It's hard work whether you're growing apples, carrots, or even flowers. It takes patience, time, and hard work. I have to till the soil, plant the seeds, water the plants, and then harvest them. I also have to make sure no pests eat my carrots. There's also the weather that's an issue. too much or too little rain or sun or cold can ruin crops. But with all the work I like it. I take pride in helping to feed other ponies with my carrots, and I guess you can say it's magical being able to grow something." [/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe listened as Miss Harvest mentioned that explaining something that she had done all of her life wasn't very easy. At least, not for her to put into words. Aloe could understand that. After all, in both of their lines of work it was far easier to show them first hand rather than try to explain it to them in a process that may or may not make sense to them and only leave them with more questions than the had answers. she mentioned that farming was a lot of hard work, and the soil had to be tilled, the seeds needed to be planted and watered, and then of course the harvest. She also explain dhow the weather affects it. that if it gets too hot, too cold, or too dry, it can destroy crops without a second thought and that in a sense it was magical to be able to grow something from the ground. [/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]"You're right, that does sound like a lot of hard work. I never actually knew how much hard work went into the agricultural side of things. That being said though, it makes it all the more important that we get your stand back up and going again,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she said giggling when she said that the mask was okay tasting, and wouldn't be making it a entree anytime soon. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Yeah, and most don't taste that much better... which leads me to believe that some of the customers have... rather odd tastes... but they pay for it so I'm not complaining,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she told her with a smile. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"And if you'd like once I got everything straightend up here, I'd be more than happy to assist you in creating your reference book as well. In fact I may help you first as to give me an idea of how to organize mine. After all, at least most of your recipes I would presume are only ones that would involve carrots... mine..."[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she said looking back to the disarray of boxes with scattered note cards laying all over behind the counter. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Well, go from shampoos to spa treatments, and everything in between,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she explained. [/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Yeah, it will help to get the stand back up, but no worries. I'm sure it will get fixed up soon. I can always sell some things off of my cart for the time being."[/colour]

Aloe remarked that the mask and the other beauty products, although all natural, did not taste the best. Yet there was something the spa pony said that surprised Carrot Top.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Are you saying that ponies come here to eat the beauty treatments?"[/colour]

Aloe also explained that she wold create a list of treatments that involved carrots for the earth pony.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh will you really do something like that? Gee, that's really nice. I don't want to cut into your business or anything like that." [/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe giggled when she asked if some ponies literally just came here to eat beauty treatments. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Well, not exactly... they come for the spa treatment in general... but they don't make it easy that's for sure,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she said giggling. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"When you have to re-apply a mask five times, it makes you wonder if it's actually doing them any good. You know, since they are actually required to set for them to work, but, they're the ones paying for it so I can't really complain. The do though when I have to charge them for the extra masks, because they aren't as cheap as anypony would think to make. Cacti are very expensive,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she finished giving Miss Harvest a chance to speak. [/colour]

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe nodded when she asked if she would really help her with something like that, stating that it was really nice but she didn't want to cut into her business or anything like that. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Believe me, with the lack of business that we've had recently, it would give me something to do and it would get me something to do. It's far better than just sitting around here all day waiting for the inevitable no-pony to show up. I'm sure business will pick back up though once the summer time comes. The spa isn't really that great of an experience leaving when it's cold because most of the time a pony's coat and skin are still a bit damp when they leave, and the dampness amplifies the cold. Thankfully today it's been rather mild so you shouldn't have anything to worry about,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she said happily moving over by where the shower head was. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"Okay, let's get you cleaned off and ready for your massage. Once I'm finished with that, I guarantee you'll feel like a new mare,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she giggled. [/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Well, I can see why you would need to replace the mask so often and why ponies would accidentally eat it. That's why I wanted to make sure I didn't goof the mask by talking."[/colour]

Aloe then explained how her business was slow, largely to being the winter.

[colour=#FF8C00]"I guess that makes sense. One time I was went outside in the cold without drying my mane. It actually froze in some places and I was afraid it would break off! Thankfully it didn't."[/colour]

Aloe then motioned for Carrot Top to get out of the mud bath and towards the shower. It was a shame to leave as it was very relaxing, but if the earth pony wanted to experience all the spa had to offer, then she had to get out. She at first found it tricky getting out of the slick tub and the shoulder deep mud, but after a few tries she was able to break free and head towards the shower.

[OOC: Hi guys, incoming Lotus.]

Lotus hummed happily to herself as she trotted across Ponyville's centre. Lunch had been such a nice break, sat in a corner of Horte Cuisine's cafe with a sandwich and a good book. Time certainly flies when one is enjoying themself. She wondered what the afternoon would bring, they had no bookings as of yet and the morning had been slow so she was hoping somepony would pop by. If nothing else it would give Aloe and herself some company...it could get a little lonely at times. Lonely, hah! Lotus was never alone when Aloe was around, it was almost like they were one pony in two bodies. Besides if the afternoon was quiet it would give her time to work on restocking the lotion and oil cabinet.

As she approached the spa though she stopped and looked at the front door curiously. The 'Closed for Lunch' sign had been removed from the front door. Lotus took a moment to look back over her shoulder at the Ponyville Clocktower. Three minutes before they were scheduled to open, Aloe must have come back from her break early...or maybe it was a customer! Lotus' eyes lit up at the thought as she rushed forwards towards the door. Pushing it open she glanced around the waiting area only to find nopony there.

"Allo? Allo Aloe?!" she called, her accent causing all the words to sound pretty much the same, "Sister dear are you here?"

She quickly unbuckled her saddlebag and dropped it behind the front desk. Reaching out she picked up the booking list from the desk but there was nothing marked on it. It there was a customer Aloe hadn't written it down. Lotus gave a mild frown, yet more paperwork for her to chase up at the end of the day. Putting the list down she started to walk across the waiting room towards the far wall where another door led into the spa itself.

[colour=#ff66cc]Aloe nodded when Golden Harvest mentioned that she could see why that other ponies would, but at the same time see why it would be agitation. While it still was making the spa money, it was irritating to have to reapply it every two minutes. She then told her that she had went outside while the weather had been cold while her mane was still wet and she thought that it was going to freeze. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"I know, I've run into that same issue. Especially on the days where it's not only cold but windy too. Those wreak havoc on manes, and makes them almost impossible to keep in check,"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she smiled as watched her get out of the mudbath. She made her way over to the shower and turned it on and let the water rinse over her. [/colour]

[colour=#3366cc]"Allo? Allo Aloe?"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] she heard coming from in the waiting room. It was her sister! Oh, she made it back!! That was definitely good news! Of course it meant that she would have to explain why she was giving a free spa service, but in the long run, she felt that one free service to a friend that needed it would in turn provide many more visits in the future, and would well outweigh the costs of this one. [/colour]

[colour=#6699cc]"We're back here Lotus!"[/colour][colour=#ff66cc] said with a smile. Even with the fact that she'd have to explain everything to her, it was still her sister, and she couldn't really think of spending time with anypony else. The connection that they shared with this place was unmatched by anypony else in any other location of Equestria. No, this was their home and she knew everything would be fine. They just needed to get through this little rough season and they would be good to go again when spring came around. [/colour][colour=#6699cc]"You're just in time to help me with the Massage! I know that's you're favorite part of the treatments!" [/colour][colour=#ff66cc]she spoke through the door while she grabbed the shower head once more and continued to thoroughly rinse Miss Harvest of all traces of the mud bath so that the massage could begin as soon as possible. [/colour]

[colour=#FF8C00]"Yeah, I guess you're right with the weather sometimes. Of course with farming it's hard to keep a clean coat and a styled mane and tail for long."[/colour]

Carrot stood under the shower as a blast of cold water struck her body, causing her to shiver for a moment. Quickly her body got used to the temperature as the mask and the mud rand rown her body and into the drain below. After a few minutes she got out of the shower and spotted a nearby mirror. Looking at her reflection, she gasped as she noticed her light tan coat now looked more golden and cast a slight glow to it.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh wow, that's amazing what a little special mud can do!"[/colour]

Carrot heard the voice of another pony come in which Aloe immediately recognized as her sister Lotus.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Oh hello there Lotus. I'm Carrot top in case you haven't seen me around Ponyville." [/colour]