Why do I even bother

posting new RP topics or OOC discussion for them?

Minutes to Midnight: Casual RP involving Midnight Blackhorn throwing a house party. Dead before it even hit a full page of posts.

Left4Dead 2 crossover: Very organized RP where you have 3 possible roles to play. Been up for like a week now, 1 reply. And the person wants to be infected, which is fine, except I need survivors or CEDA agent characters, or the RP can't start. And for the purpose of staying impartial, I can't actually RP. So, it's not looking good.

Just posted one yesterday, A Dragon Age Origins crossover. I realize these things take time, but I have no faith in it at all.

So I guess I'll stop whining now, and get to the point:

Am I boring? Doing something wrong? Not liked? It just makes me a little sad when I get excited about an RP topic, and NOPONY joins. What should I do?

Try posting more interesting RP's. IMO, Minutes to Midnight doesn't really seem like it would go anywhere to me, just a house party? Seems kind of boring. Left4Dead, very good work and a great idea, but people just aren't interested, don't think of it as something your doing. Try doing something in Mane RP, or join other RP's to get yourself noticed. People will join if they are interested, but its up to you to make it interesting.

Why not try a "Slice of Life" RP, preferably in Mane RP. While these RPs don't have much a plot they are certainly fun to play and rather engaging especially if you have some friends playing along. Again, this is just my opinion, and I'm no help Staff or the greatest RP'er on the block, so take it with a grain of salt.

An idea, try a Hearths Warming Eve RP. I'm not sure as to all the details about what you might do though

Try posting more interesting RP's. IMO, Minutes to Midnight doesn't really seem like it would go anywhere to me, just a house party? Seems kind of boring. Left4Dead, very good work and a great idea, but people just aren't interested, don't think of it as something your doing. Try doing something in Mane RP, or join other RP's to get yourself noticed. People will join if they are interested, but its up to you to make it interesting.

Why not try a "Slice of Life" RP, preferably in Mane RP. While these RPs don't have much a plot they are certainly fun to play and rather engaging especially if you have some friends playing along. Again, this is just my opinion, and I'm no help Staff or the greatest RP'er on the block, so take it with a grain of salt.

An idea, try a Hearths Warming Eve RP. I'm not sure as to all the details about what you might do though

Great ideas! Just out of curiosity, would you kindly maybe join whatever RP I create? Or at least look it over?

Don't feel bad. Almost every RP topic I have made that I did not actively coerce people to join before I started it didn't get any responses.

Really? That kinda surprises me.

I was hoping my Roseluck app would get approved before I created a ManeRP topic. I'll give it till saturday, I s'pose

I was hoping my Roseluck app would get approved before I created a ManeRP topic. I'll give it till saturday, I s'pose

We wait a week before we even begin to assess Cast applications (as in we don't even look at them, we just note when they were submitted) and to give others a chance to apply if they so choose to. Saturday might not be unreasonable as long as the application doesn't need work, depending on everyone's schedule.

We wait a week before we even begin to assess Cast applications (as in we don't even look at them, we just note when they were submitted) and to give others a chance to apply if they so choose to. Saturday might not be unreasonable as long as the application doesn't need work, depending on everyone's schedule.

Yes, Canterlot is top notch when it comes to Role Playing! You have to have a wonderful application to play even the lowest tier characters...which is why I don't apply for cast, because I suck. >.> (Runs back to Creativity Section)

Anyway, I look forward to the RP Midnight! Also, I have a little OOC Chatter of my own going on, trying to start up a magical guild, why not check it out? Its for ponies of all races! (Shameless. :))

Yes, Canterlot is top notch when it comes to Role Playing! You have to have a wonderful application to play even the lowest tier characters...which is why I don't apply for cast, because I suck. >.> (Runs back to Creativity Section)

Anyway, I look forward to the RP Midnight! Also, I have a little OOC Chatter of my own going on, trying to start up a magical guild, why not check it out? Its for ponies of all races! (Shameless. :))

Sure! I'm better at improving on other's rps anyways. Can you link me there?

I only get people for my RPs when I send PMs around to people I know or advertise it in chat. It really seems like people are not very... welcoming to random people open OOC threads with random ideas no matter if they are good or not.

Well in one instance (at least in mine) I posted a thread in OOC, people joined and I mean, quite a bi of interest with zero effort on my part. :razz: No advertising or even telling people about it.

I have some tips for ya, Midnight. :)

1. Think of unique RP ideas that fill a niche that no one else has filled yet. Part of the reason Clair's Magic Guild RP is generating so much interest is that he promises a supply of magic-based RP that doesn't exclude anypony. That reminds me Scythe, I just might commit a pegasus character of mine for one of your proposed thread ideas. Stay tuned.....

2. Cultivate a close group of RP friends. By now, I'm glad to say that I have a very reliable network of friendly buddies I can rely on to participate in my RPs. In turn, I'm more inclined to join threads that they either create or participate in. Fun fact: my Canterlot friends rule!

3. Related to #1, app characters that fill a niche that nopony else does. For example, my magic counselor Ingrid Marie is the only game in town if someone wants to do a RP with an instructor from Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. If your character is unique enough, you won't need to ask RPers to join your threads; they'll be asking you to join theirs.

TL;DR: PLEASE DON'T APP A DJ, PLEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!

4. There will always be times when you'll have to politely nag RPers to post. Sometimes we get caught in the quagmire of real life; other times we simply have a humongous RP backlog to catch up on. Many a RP has withered away and died before they could come to satisfying conclusions, so never get down if yours does.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1