Mane vs Machine OOC thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roleplay Type: Mane vs Machine (Coal Town)

Name: Belle Plaine

Sex: Female

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Brown

Coat: Brown with white ankles/feet and white stripe down face.

Mane/Tail: Black, both braided up.

Physique: Clydesdale – large working horse.

Occupation/Class: Heavy

Cutie Mark: A plow

Team: Blue

Loadout: Brass beast/Sandvich/Bare Hooves, also carries the Sandvich Safe. No hat, she likes the ribbons in her hair.

History: Belle Plaine was born into a farming family out past Ponyville. As soon as she was old enough to run, her parents hitched her up to a plow and she worked with the rest of the family. Since she was too far away from any towns, she was home-schooled and her only company was her siblings and her books. The books couldn’t pick on her or sass back, so they became her best friends. Shortly after being declared an adult, there was a need so desperate that it made its way out to the boonies – Equestria needed strong working ponies to carry the latest in battlefield artillery, the minigun! Being raised to honor her country, and with her parents’ blessing, Belle Plaine traveled to Ponyville two days later to attend the physical testing. Her large frame and muscles from labor made her an excellent candidate, and she was drafted on the spot. Who cares if she didn’t know a thing about weapons? They could teach that. She also saw it as an opportunity to meet new people and maybe make some friends.

Character Summary: Very down-to-earth and gentle, with a work ethic like no other. She takes her job as Heavy Weapons Pony seriously and will do what it takes to protect Equestria from the robot invasion. You might want to stay back, though, because she isn’t quite sure how to aim this thing yet…

(Hope I'm not too late...)

Roleplay Type:[colour=#282828] Mane vs Machine [/colour]

Name:[colour=#282828] Nova Arkwing a.k.a "Ghost Reaper"[/colour]

Sex:[colour=#282828] Male[/colour]

Species:[colour=#282828] Pegasus[/colour]

Eye colour:[colour=#282828] Emerald Green[/colour]

Coat:[colour=#282828] Navy Blue[/colour]

Mane/Tail:[colour=#282828] Cobalt and Light blue, spiky and sleekly-styled so it doesn't get in his line of sight.[/colour]

Physique:[colour=#282828] Well toned, very tall and athletically fit, very nimble, swift and quite slim.[/colour]

Occupation/Class:[colour=#282828] Spy[/colour]

Cutie Mark:[colour=#282828] A white sword with wings[/colour]

Team: Technically he's Blue but due to his orders from superiours that doesn't stay for long if a new set of orders forces him to neutralize his former teammates.

Loadout:

Primary: Big Kill (modified)/Honorbound (Mastercrafted/modifed with High Frequency monomulecular upgrade, Translation: It can make short work out of anything and can slice clean through anything that's not heavily armoured)

Secondary: Sharp Dresser (duel-wielded)/Black Rose throwing knives

Primary Equipment: Primary PDA

Secondary Equipment: Cloak and Dagger/Sapper

Misc items: Nanobalaclava/Cut Throat Concierge

History: Nova was born in Cloudsdale into a militaristic proud family with a rich history of serving Her Royal Princesses armed services, his childhood was full of training regimes and high education from elite academies of military intelligence officers where he discovered his first love for sword fencing, shooting, combat and flying. As Nova grew up and eventually joined the military he became far more intelligent, ruthless and cunning. During his career progression often allies distanced themselves away from Nova because of his methods of achieving objectives and completing mission were... Disturbing as enemy forces fell prey to demoralising psychological warfare and deadly deception tactics. Nova gained a infamous reputation among allied and enemy forces alike which eventually gave him a name. "Ghost Reaper" a name which suited him best because the enemy would never see him coming until they discover it too late as their throats were slit or receive a round between the eyes.[colour=#282828] [/colour]He was eventually sent on Special Operations assignments in locations where Red and Blue forces fight regularly due to his reputation of being a mercilessly efficient spy, being a expert in close combat, efficiency with disrupting enemy forces and a deadly marksman with firearms and to make sure the conflicts don't spread outside the designated combat zones.

While these deployments were emphasized as a "important series of missions" by his superiors, Nova perceives it as a pathetic excuse of putting his dangerous talents to use and put him on the sidelines while other more challenging missions are assigned to less capable special forces operatives however having no choice or say in the matters of his deployments he is forced to participate in the Red vs Blue conflicts under the disguise as a mercenary looking for his next paycheck and willing to fight on the side with the highest bid.

Character Summary:[colour=#282828] A viciously intelligent and sarcastic personality, Nova is a resourceful and dangerously creative gentlemen of the arts as he can be seen as a ruthless and borderline cynical agent of the shadows during combat. A professional master of the infiltration and assassination arts his combat skills are never to be underestimated in the art of war, his handiwork with blades are infamous so as his proficiency with firearms capable of rapid headshots in succession. However his combat style is known to incorporate a traditional "Blade-and-Gun" style that Equestrian military officers utilize as part of their Close Quarters Combat training and even going so far as to modify his own equipment to gain better results in combat, off the field however he can show he has a heart and is capable of social interaction with his "team-mates" but mostly keeps to himself as per orders for overseeing the conflicts. Also known to be very creative and a well read individual often seen reading, playing a guitar or drawing art.[/colour]

So, here's a thing:

I started combat in Coal Town. Why? To keep things interesting. We can only have so much character development that doesn't involve dodging bullets. TortoiseShell... dragging feet again. Kitten feet. But that's another story. Anyway.

Make a big post if you feel like it. Have fun with it! Go crazy and I suppose... this is just Wave 1? One post per before the lull hits again and wounds are licked? Wave 1 is the easy one. Crazier things will happen in later waves, including Tanks and blahdy blahdy blah.

I leave triggering Maneworks' shooty bang-bang time to the Gardevoir-knight-avatar-person.

Maneworks will not be starting until we 1: Have a sixth person. 2: Every one of the six people posts. However, that doesn't mean we can't still do other pre-fight stuff.

Also, courtesy is preventing me from posting in Coal Town for similar reasons. TortoiseShell has yet had a chance to post, and there are a few others who have posted before but have not posted recently. Until there are four other posts between Kirby's and mine from the four other people who are part of Coal Town, I will not post. The only exception would be if in two weeks since Kirby's post (Feb 8th) no one has posted yet, and impatience runs it's course with me.

Hey, I'm here to apply for the Mane Vs. Machine Roleplay. Here's my first character:

Name: Michael

Nickname: “Fox”

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Class: Scout

Eye colour: chocolate brown

Coat: A bright blue colour, and soft

Mane/Tail: A darker blue colour

Hat: Robot Running Man with a small Sonic logo on it

Loadout:

Force-a-Nature

Crit-a-Cola

Pain Train

And here's my second Character:

Name: Nightshade Nocturnal

Nickname: “Shade”

Sex: Male

Age: Somewhere between a Stallion and a Colt. A “Teen Pony”, if you will.

Species: Unicorn

Class: Sniper

Eye colour: Bright Green

Coat: A Midnight Blue colour, and soft

Mane/Tail: A purple-bluish colour

Hat: Bolted Bushman

Loadout:

Huntsman

Jarate

Tribalman's Shiv

You are so very close to getting the Saxton Hale approval. Like Kirby said, I would like to see some back story for either of them.

As for using both of them: No. Coal town is full, and Maneworks is only missing 1 (theoretically), so pick either one or the other.

That isn't to say you can't hold on to the other, since we will probably inevitably start up either Big Rock or Decoy.

Big Rock frightens me. Both as an RP setting for colourful cartoon ponies and as the map of a first person shooter.

Frankly, I don't see what's frightening about it. In the TF2-verse, Big Rock fits perfectly. A lot of the original maps and a few of the community maps take place in abandoned mines with bits of the map in caves. It just happens to be actually gray rocks instead of dirt/sandstone/gravel/whatever rock.

Frankly, I don't see what's frightening about it. In the TF2-verse, Big Rock fits perfectly. A lot of the original maps and a few of the community maps take place in abandoned mines with bits of the map in caves. It just happens to be actually gray rocks instead of dirt/sandstone/gravel/whatever rock.

100 Spies.