Mane vs Machine OOC thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLD IT!

You can get a similar effect by having a Buff Banner Solly (which buffs more than one guy, plus the Solly should be using that anyway since the rest of his secondaries are rather useless [with the exception of maybe the Battalion's Backup]) or Jarate/Sidney Sleeper Sniper (which also adds slow on a crowd and a butt ton of damage against giants). If you really needed the full kritz that badly you could just get a canteen, and even then the only time I've only ever seen kritz needed were on Tanks. While the overheal is nice at the start, among a few other utility uses, ultimately you're better off having that Medic play BB Solly or SSJ Sniper for damage and team support.

Also, my post may or may not be coming today. I'll try.

I've played BB/BB and swear by it. It's what I leap at the chance to play assuming somebody else is willing to Engie. But a Kritz Medic on the team, especially with the Shared Canteen power can absurdly spam Kritz and Ubers, which nobody complains about. I save lives, bro.

Also, should I be expecting Spies in the first wave?

So here's an "experiment" I think would be fun.

Let's get an actual game of TF2 running, using our classes and loadouts we chose for the RP.

For example: If we were to play on Coal Town, I would be using Sweet Scent's loadout of Overdose, Quick Fix, and Bonesaw. Conversely, were we going to Mannworks, I would be using Janice's loadout of Scattergun, Pocket Pistol, and Bat.

Start with Normal, and see how far we can get before it simply becomes impossible. Not because of a lack of skill (I trust everyone here plays TF2 enough to be at least somewhat decent, as well as able to understand basic strategies), but becuase our loadouts/class combinations simply don't work for the higher levels of MvM.

I dunno. I thought it would be an interesting twist on normal gameplay, as well as be fun to get everyone to play together for a day. Let me know what you guys think before I start trying to organize everyone.

So who's next to reply in the RP? pretty sure it's either Kirby or Drake now...

Also if my Character seems OP at the moment then apologies this is just setting the bar for Nova's combat skills and apparently stylish yet brutal method of taking down robots (with the music pretty much setting the mood for said robotic flank kicking). He's a Stallion on a mission with zero bucks to give about robot enemies. :3

In Maneworks, it's Drak's turn to go.

For an actual game, any day after about 8 PM EST is when I'm not working. Tuesday I have completely free, and Saturday I do stuff until about midnight. Let us know when you regularly have free time, and we can see if the stars align and we can get a game going.

It wasn't my turn? Oops. Because I've been grinding my mind over what to actually do with this Sentry Buster scenario for a while now. I decided to end it on a down note. I would also like to point out that yes, the Sentry and Dispenser are down. The Two-Way teleporter isn't. Take that as you will.

Just throwing a few things out there. First, there weren't any Spybots in this wave. Being the Engineer, of course I would ask. Either I for Coal Town or what's his face for Maneworks would announce the arrival of anything important during the wave: bomb progress, Spies, Tanks, Sentry Busters, etc.

Second, I think I left things too ambiguous. Sure, Tinker got shot and that's all I mentioned. But, just to clarify, the Teleporters weren't destroyed and since his Rescue Ranger can teleport, he has at least 130 metal, which is enough for another Dispenser. Finally, I ended it with "He was shot" and not "He was killed" for a reason.

Yeah. Too ambiguous. I should edit things. Also, I shouldn't try to write at 2 in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...

TF2? MvM? Ponies? My favorite three things... COMBINED!? You, sir, are brilliant. I refuse to pass a chance like this up.

~~~~~~

Roleplay Type: Mane vs. Machine

Name: Swift Wind

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Gold

Mane/Tail: Unkempt, messy and rugged (he likes it that way)

Mane/Tail colour: White (primary colour) and black (secondary colour)

Physique: Small and nimble, but still able to hold up in a 1v1 battle

Occupation/Class: Professional athlete (running) and unprofessional baseball player

Cutie Mark: A puffy cloud beneath the sole of a boot with wings attached (essentially a cloud with Hermes' foot on top)

Hat: Backwards Ballcap and his first set of track gear (Track Terrorizer + Ball-Kicking Boots)

Loadout: Soda Popper, Mad Milk, Sandman/Fan O'War

History: When Swift Wind was young, he was violently attacked on his way home from school by a pack of vicious bullies. After recovering, he discovered that his wings were permanently crippled unless he received extremely expensive treatment. They offered to heal his wing for a hefty price, but young Swift Wind declined, earning him his cutie mark. Instead of choosing to soar through the skies like his fellow pegasi, he chose to tread the path by hoof (literally). He ran, and ran, and ran all day, until he managed to outrank most of Equestria's fastest runners (and fliers) in a matter of years. In addition, he learned to utilize his crippled wings to give him a second boost in mid-air, which he dubbed "the Double Jump," allowing him to reach great heights easily. He had been on a very long vacation from his racing career when he received the mysterious scroll from "Mane Co.," which requested his prescence. They said they needed a fast stallion like himself, and that no one else was right for the job; he didn't know why they picked him though. Donning his baseball cap and his trusty first suit of running gear, he waved his parents goodbye and set off for this strange "Coal Town" place...

Character Summary: Swift Wind may seem like a jerk at first, with his snide and sarcastic attitude, however if you get to know him he is very loyal and true to his word. He will never leave a friend trapped in a pinch and he wll always lend a helping hand when he can, even if it means putting his life on the line. He also has a tendency to brag about his ability, though he doesn't notice it, aswell as being proficient in baseball (from his games as a colt). For some reason, he's also afraid of chocolate.

SIDENOTE: If you haven't guessed what class this guy is yet, SHAME ON YOU.

Sadly, I just realized I typed that without reading anything beyond page 1. I just went back to read it and now I'm thoroughly confused; what's going on? I DON'T UNDERSTAND :/

There used to be two TF2 MvM RPs, Coaltown and Maneworks. Coaltown is dead and Maneworks has stalled to a halt, also we've already got a scout you can switch or just keep it as that but we do need a medic. Not that Ghost Reaper needs onem since he can call for support to rearm and heal him in between fights and has so far survived this clanker fun without dying. Hooray for the high tech Spy-Ninja! Woo! :lol:

Bump for why not, also who's next to post in Maneworks?

I have this sneaking suspicion its Korok.

Balls. Sorry, I kinda forgot about it for a while, I'll get something up for Coal Town and Maneworks some time today. (Saturday)

What other classes are available? I play a real mean Sniper in real MvM, so I assume I could help there.

Well, here's the thing. Since it's a RP, actual class synergy doesn't really have to apply. Want two Scouts? Sure, why not? Bear in mind, some characters may take hostility towards another of their class being on the battlefield (see: Janice, the other Scout), but from a purely RPing point of view, sure, we could have an entire team of Scouts. Why not?

If you really feel you need to change class, we currently have at Maneworks an Engi, Sniper, Spy, Scout and Pyro. That leaves Soldier, Demo, Heavy, and Medic not taken.

So, my understand of what just happened is thus:

Janice and Edd died. Janice respawned first because Scout and started running back to the fight. Tinker never died, hanging on at 1 HP. He Rescue Ranger'd a Teleporter to himself, TP'd back to spawn, and made a dispenser. He missed Janice, since she respawned and was gone by the time Tinker TP'd. He's currently sitting next to a Disp, healing. Nova basically tore apart the majority of them, but is now slowly bleeding out. Swift entered from somewhere that isn't near spawn, BONK'd himself down to Nova and started giving him BONK too. Now a Giant Kritz Solly is walking onto the battlefield, on WAVE 1 of NORMAL.

Okay, after we take down this Giant, the wave's over. No more bots.

Point of note, there's a handy-dandy little list that says what's in each wave. If we're trying to keep it as close to the source as possible, it might be worth having this somewhere handy. In other words, Wave 1 consists entirely of Scouts and Sollies, and Wave 2 will consist of a tank with endless Sniper and Pyro support. And so on.

• 3 weeks later...