Canterlot Voice - RP Discussion

Hi all!

As some of you may know, I'm one of the hosts for the Canterlot Voice podcast (the unofficial podcast of canterlot.com). Recently, we've been putting more RP related content into our show, but we've hit upon a slight stumbling block, in that while we love talking about ongoing RPs, the RP section is a pretty big place, and not all of us are as involved in the RP section as we could be. That's where you come in.

We're looking for two things at the moment; established threads with a high standard of roleplaying, and new threads that have a lot of potential but are still easy enough for people to jump into without reading through pages and pages of what's happened already.

So, this is an opportunity for you to get some exposure for your thread, whether you want to let everyone know about a great new RP you've just started (or are planning to start), or showcase your own (or others') excellent writing, let us know here! We'll go through the thread and if we like it, let all our listeners know that this is one to watch.

Also, we're still fairly new to this whole podcasting business, so we really appreciate all the feedback we get, whether you love the show or think you know how we can improve it. If you haven't heard our podcast before, click the pic in my signature to go to the latest episode (assuming I've updated the link).

Thanks for your time, we look forward to hearing your suggestions & feedback.

• Like 2

Dang, I really wish I:

1. Had a microphone

2. Didn't hate the sound of my own voice

Alas, all I can do myself is cover Canterlot RP through the mere power of blogging. Because of that, I'm glad to see this podcast taking additional steps to cover RP. :)

• Like 1

Glad to hear something from you podcast guys again! And if you're looking for more RP stuff, that's even better. :)

Well, here are a few RPs I've been involved or otherwise noticed at one point or the other that are maybe worth showcasing:

Established threads with high standards:

Pahfinder and the City of the Griffons - SteelEagle and myself have poured countless words into this one thread, as the eleven pages of wordy posts no doubt proves. A high adventure story starring my Gilda and the obsessed Daring Do fanfilly Pathfinder played by SteelEagle. it's got a lot of fun twists and turns and has been going strong for like nine months now.

Apple Bloom's Big Day - a thread to celebrate Apple Bloom's birthday. While it features a good number of OCs played well amongst its plentiful cast of characters, it is foremost an example of a really good cast pony thread which as been going on for seven pages. Four out of six of the Mane six are present (including my Rarity, of course), along with the CMC and numerous other familiar faces. It's got a lot of people involved, so it can get pretty crazy, but it's a fun thread for it.

Constellations and Their Relation to Doing Dishes, Or Crescent's Guide to Marriage - okay, this one is not super well established; it's new in fact... but it's very much high quality, inspired RPing. it stars Twilight Sparkle's parents, played brilliantly by SteelEagle and Rosewind, and is just off to a very fun start. Definitely a newer thread I recommend people read.

Newer/more accessible threads that might be worth checking out:

Daringcon General - fun RP with a good mixture of cast ponies (Rainbow Dash, Snips and Snails, Madden) and OCs (SteelEagle's Pathfinder is always a star) set at a Daring Do fan convention outside Ponyville. It's got lots of charm, lots of light fun and lots of quality RPing. While not incredibly new and indeed on its fifth page of content, this one is still marked as open for new players to join in.

Pawn Stars: Equestria - I'm not really in a lot of "new" threads I realize now, but there is this one, which is still on its second page and only has myself and a couple other RPers involved. It's been pretty cool so far, I'd say, and I don't think Bellosh would mind if the pawn shop saw more customers.

Winter Setup - okay, now this one is really just barely getting started. Just a handful of posts to it so far; kinda think Corsair might be looking for more people to jump in on it. So far, it's a chance to RP with two cast characters, Corsair's Fluttershy and my Cloudchaser though, so it might interest some.

• Like 3