Need a reference pic

BaconofChaos

Hey all.

So I'm learning to draw ponies for a little project I'm working on. It's tricky, seeing as how I suffer from a debilitating condition known as "being unable to draw my way out of a paper bag". Luckily I have plenty of tutorials and references to help me along, and I'm using Flash to draw; being able to tweak the vectors make things easier.

But I'm kinda stuck on one thing. I need a reference pic of a pony sitting down, facing the viewer. Preferably a pegasus, so I can see how the wings look, but I'm mostly using it to see how the legs go. It's remarkably hard to find something like this. Would any of you have a pic like this anywhere, either as a screengrab or a fanart that's as close to the original style as possible? If it's a pic of Luna, that's a bonus :)

try this i pulled from sonic rainboom.

fluttershycheer.jpg

When Fluttershy is sitting down, her wings arent even visible. This is strange, but I can only guess that it's because they are folded and the animators decided it was a good excuse to not draw them, provided that her wing extrematies grew out of her back, and none of her side.

In any event, it looked good from the viewers point.

When she was jumping up and down, she was not 'sitting' but I can imagine her sitting like that in midair. I hope these help.

Also, I've noticed that the marching ponies shots in "Best Night Ever" don't seem to give light that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are pegasi. They look just like earth ponies when they are given that perspective.

Well, we know that sometimes they derp and don't give wings on pegasi, even on proper perspectives. Face and body forward perspectives tend to leave them out, probably cuz it's easier on the animators. A folded wing would just give the illusion that they have a wider body frame, anyways, i think.

heres two more interesting looks:

pegasusfront.png

Wings out is obvious, but even when she is flying, the point where the wings would fold next to the body really isn't visible past the wide shoulders of the ponies.

Yeah, in the end I decided to have the wings out anyway. It just looks better I think. Anyway, here's what I have so far. I haven't done her crown, shoes etc. and I'm not too pleased with the head, particularily the mouth and hair, but as a rough start for someone new to this, I don't think it's too bad. I think maybe the neck is too long and the wings could stand to be lower, but I'm not sure.

I've also seen Rainbow with her wings up and at one pose, you can see the feather lines, and then another (almost the same) pose you can't see them. You can see this all during the scene where Rainbow tries to talk Pinkie out of "Creepy Town".