Somerled FireMane (ready)

Type: World of Equestria

Name: Somerled FireMane

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eyes: His eyes are light blue, some have said that they are very deep and soulful and that they remind them of the ocean when it is calm

Coat: His coat is of a pale cream colour, there really isn’t much to note about it, though he does tend to hide most of it by wearing his favorite grey and black sweater.

Mane/Tail: Even though he does not put much stock in appearance, he always keeps his coat, mane and tail well groomed, both his mane and tail are of a light auburn colour with hints of a darker brown mixed in

Physique: He is of a medium build, not too thin and stocky and not too fat and muscly. All though he may not look it, he does keep fit by taking daily walks and sometimes the occasional canter.

Residence: He has resided in Ponyville most of his life, how-ever he does have the ambition to go to either Manehatten or Canterlot to make it big, so he wonders a lot.

Occupation: Officially - He has no real occupation, save for doing odd jobs around Ponyville for other ponies, be it foal sitting, mending a fence or building a new house, he is quite happy to help others, without asking for anything in return. UN-officially – He is a bass guitar player and writes lyrics

Cutie Mark: His Cutie Mark is a Bass Clef with some music lines over the top of it. Even though he didn’t quite know exactly what his Cutie Mark would be, from a very early age, he knew that it would have something to do with music, as he has always been very musically minded. He owed this to his parents always taking him to musicals, classical music concerts and the opera. One day, when he was still a very young colt, his parents were talking to the acoustic bassist for the Canterlot Opera House, and noticing that Somerled was eying his bass guitar with interest, the Bassist offered to teach him a little of the bass, he accepted the offer with enthusiasm and gratitude. Discovering soon after that he had a real knack for playing the bass guitar, but it wasn't until his parents bought him his first bass guitar that he realized how much music really meant to him, a year of practicing every day later, his school band had their first concert, now at this age Somerled was actually very terrified at performing onstage in front of other ponies, but his teacher, parents and friends had faith in him, noticing that Somerled was very much musically minded, his teacher tasked him to write a song for the band to play, so as to keep his mind off the stage fright,. it was after he wrote his very first song (which was the one the band played) that his Cutie Mark appeared. Since then, he practices his playing skills every day, when he became a full grown stallion, he dyed some music lines over the top of his Cutie Mark to symbolize his passion for writing music as-well.

History:

• He was born in Ponyville and has lived there most of his life,once he became a stallion, he started wondering around around, when he left home, hoping to someday make it into a band either in Canterlot or Manehatten.
  • Life for him wasn’t easy, yet it wasn’t tough either. His parents had brought him up, teaching him that nothing worthwhile or worth having is ever brought to you on a silver platter, and that he had to work to earn his keep and even though his family was considered to be upper-class, that everypony was equal, no matter the species, colour, occupation or class.
  • His parents are the FireMane's, named after the colour of their manes and tails, which many ponies have remarked reminds then of fire. They are working upper-class, preferring hard manual labour to earn what they have, than to sit around have nothing to do. They are upper-class because of their wealth, how-ever they do not go around showboating it off, though they do not hide it, they are open about their wealth, but are also always willing to help out a pony who is out of his or her luck and needs a little extra money, no matter the reason, without asking for anything in return. – He loves his parents unconditionally, always has and always will, and his parents return that unconditional love.
  • Somerled is an only child, though he has gained many “brothers” and “sisters” in his travels.
  • His life is full of meaning, which most of it he writes into lyrics and possibly sometimes music. He wonders around Equestria, meeting many new ponies and making new friends along the way. He has played in many local bands in Ponyville, but hasn’t stayed in any of them, due to his want for adventure and to make it big in either Canterlot or Manehatten.
  • He got to where he is now by hard work and diligence. He has always strived to be the best that he can be, and that sole desire has made him into the stallion that he is now. A hard-working, honest, friendly and helpful pony.
  • From here, he hopes to travel to either Manehatten or Canterlot (whichever one takes his fancy first), to start up a band and then to make it big (all-though for him, it wouldn’t be about the fame or the fortune (for he already has quite a lot of fortune), it would be about entertaining ponies of all ages across all of Equestria.

Character Summary:

• His talents include, but are not limited to: playing the bass guitar (which he excels at) and writing lyrics (and sometimes music). His other “talents” are helping other ponies out, whether it is foalsitting, mending a fence, building a house or even lending a few dollars to a down and out pony.
  • His biggest dream and goal is to travel to Manehatten or Canterlot (as specified above), to start up a band, and then to tour all of Equestria entertaining ponies of all ages.
  • He has always had a love for music and acting, as from a very early age, his parents have taken him to touring acting troupes, the Canterlot Opera, and to Musicals performed by the school. The only things that he loves more than music and acting are his family, his friends and animals.
  • Apart from helping others, his hobbies are playing the bass guitar and writing music, and taking walks in the forest.
  • In general he is a very open-minded, happy-go-lucky, easy-going and kind hearted pony. He is always happy to make new friends and is always willing to lend a hand.
  • He isn’t so good at backing down from arguments, and once he gets an idea into his head, it is very hard for him to get it out of it. He also has trouble finding a mate, but that one doesn’t matter so much to him, as his travels and his hobbies keep him quite occupied.
  • His only fears is that he will one day let his parents down as he loves them dearly, and wants very much to make them proud of him and think well of him (though this fear is rather irrational and unfounded, he still worries about it)

So yeah, that’s pretty much it, sorry for the repetition but I couldn’t think of any other way to describe what was needed.

post-6710-0-67626300-1358301274_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Hey, I was looking at your chatacter and I have to say he looks very interesting, rather neat actually :)

I like how you give his parents a believable character, and making them upper-class without being very stuck up, it's a refreshing take on rich parents I haven't seen in a while, so kudos to you on that one ;)

But I noticed you didn't really include that much detail on how Charles here got his cutie mark. I can understand his love of music, and that a bass would be something that would help him discover his cutie mark but perhaps there is room for something far more special behind it, like say he was given a chance to perform in the same Opera House he loved so much and was met with lots of praise, leading to his cutie mark? Or maybe he was having trouble getting the hang of the bass but he was met with inspiration one night and wrote his first song, leading to his cutie mark?

These are all of course just suggestions but in my opinion, having a personal struggle your character needs to overcome to achieve their cutie mark makes them far more characterized and 3-dimensional.

Apart from that though I think this is a great app and I look forward to seeing how it develops and wish you the best of luck in getting it approved. :D

• Like 1

Thanks mate, I've made it so that a year after he got his first bass, his school band was to perform, but he was terrified of performing in front of other ponies, so in order to get his mind over the stage fright, his teacher tasked him to write a song, after that his cutie mark appeared :)

• Like 1

Hi SomerledFireMane!

My apologies for not reviewing this app sooner.

Overall, this is an excellent app!

All of the required fields are filled and with great detail in many places! Wonderful!

One thing I must point out, in any app, we refrain from stating actual numeric ages for ponies. So the reference to "Age 13" in the app needs to be changed. Other than that, I would say this app's good to go!

:D:D:D

Thanks, I have edited it now, hopefully that is better and thank you for the words of praise (i think) :) I wasn't quite sure this application would actually cut it :)

Yes, they were words of praise! I wasn't being sarcastic here. Many apps I look at for review are quite brief, so I truly appreciate those users who are very descriptive and well written, like this one!

:D:D:D

Sweet and you're welcome :), you see I have Asperger Syndrome, so I have trouble telling whether a pony is being sarcastic or not. but yeah, I do try to put a lot of thought and effort into my application (though this is actually the first time I made an application for a RP) :)