[Canterlot]Roaming Canterlot, (Arylett, open)

IceStorm

[colour=#000080]The train ride from Ponyville was about as long as it had ever been and then some. Apparently there was some maintenance being done on the train before they left Ponyville and it pushed her back an additional hour. By the time she had finally gotten to Canterlot, Celestia's sun was about at mid-morning when she had intended on being here just shortly after dawn when the sun rose. There were so many shops that she wanted to go to here that they just didn't have in Ponyville, and now that she had the bits to spare she could afford a bit more. Granted all of her decorative items and fashion designs came from her closest Ponyville friend in Rarity, but there weren't a whole lot of niche stores there, and she had heard of a few stores here that sold various niche games, and items, and she wanted to try some of them. First though, it was a must. She couldn't come to Canterlot without going to her park. Granted, it wasn't her park, but it was the park where she spent a vast majority of her life while in Canterlot, so it might as well have been. It would be a great place to clear her mind as well and plan out the day of stores that she had planned. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]On her way out of the train station, she grabbed one of the maps of Canterlot to try to identify where everything was as it'd been a while since she's been i the entire market area and she'd forgotten where even most of the shops that she knew were. Let alone the shops that she was looking for that she already had no idea where they were at. She looked as the map as she made her way through the main streets taking the quickest route that she knew from the train station to her favorite part. The scenery there was always so lush and beautiful and it was so relaxing. It was always the perfect place to think. It didn't take too terribly long of walking and she had reached the entrance of the park. She stepped onto the park path and the trees and the birds were as lushed, colourful and peaceful as she remembered. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She followed the path that she'd taken countless times and had it to the point to where she could almost navigate this park blindfolded. She made her way to the hill in the park that she'd sat on for so much of her life and took a look at everypony around her. Park seemed to have a few others in it today, but didn't bother her at all. She settled down and placed the map down on the ground to overlook it.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Okay, so Lemon Drop's store is over here," [/colour][colour=#000080]she mentioned circling it on her map with a quill. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"And... oh, what was the name of that store that that pony mentioned in Lore's shop... it was one of the main shops I wanted to go to today because it had those interesting games that he was talking about... Also need to make my way by the Happy Bean and see if Moondancer and Fire Heart might me there. If not, I can always just grab one of their strawberry sodas. he one I had there before was very good,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she spoke to herself giggling. [/colour]

ArtsyRPBanner_zpsec66f606.png

Already having arrived at the park several hours prior, the artistic mare sat on a bench with a small sketchbook in front of her. The book in the past few days had been full of various sketches of art she had been churning out in attempts for her grand commission from possibly the richest customare she had ever had. It was here in Canterlot that she had arrived as per suggestion of her customare, to research the sights of Canterlot for artistic inspirations. Her brow was furrowed deep in focus upon a half-finished work of art, a bunch of indeterminable scribbles coming together to create a rather vague draconic creature. With her pencil held in the grasp of her telekinetic crimson aura, she sketched out a large circle behind the creature and drew several straight lines emitting from it. The sun seemed to be the focal point of this rather peaceful morning.

However, this area soon became crowded with several fillies and colts, loudly playing with their fancy parents too distracted in their own wealth to control them. She disliked loud noise, and she especially wasn't too fond of children. Letting out an irritated snort, Artsy Dreamscapes leapt off of her bench and spotted a secluded area that seemed dense in population; a small hill. Perfect.

Thus, she trotted her way far from this noisy scene uphill. It made her a bit uneasy to be so high, but she had a great view... and so far, her latest sketch, like many others, seemed plain drab and uninspired. At the very least, there was enough room to sit.

"No, no, no!" She growled in frustration as she viciously turned the page of her sketch book with her hoof. But she paused for a moment as she heard a voice and a giggle overlap with hers, her ears perked up alertly, her tail stiffening slightly. She turned her head just a bit, and spotted another mare on the hill with her. This mare as well had a piece of paper and a writing utensil, but didn't appear to be a local as evidenced by her... less than fancy dress. Maybe another one of those tourists. She wasn't sure.

For a moment though, her thoughts drifted to a bizarre pegasus stallion she had once met, the varying shades of blue upon this icy unicorn reminding her of him. That giggling did seem indicate of a strange personality like his. Wait no. Don't get easily distracted now whilst staring at her. Maybe if she just went quietly back to her work, the unicorn wouldn't notice her at all.

[colour=#0000ff]"Huuuuuuugggg!"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice sighed in frustration. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Why does Canterlot always have to be so big!? Why can't it be nice and small like Ponyville, it's much easier to keep track of everything there..."[/colour][colour=#000080] she said aloud to herself. Granted, she knew the park of Canterlot like the back of her hoof, but it was the only part of Canterlot that she knew anymore. With everything changing and so many new shops opening up, it was getting hard for her to keep track of everything. She continued pouring over her map trying to remember herself what the name of that game store was and as well as not a few other stores that might be of interest.[/colour][colour=#0000ff] "Oh, I should see if that one Jeweler is still open to get my bracelets polished up! I haven't been able to get that done in a while!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said happily before smile turned down the dial as she looked over the bracelet on her hoof, and how clouded the gem had gotten. If mother were to see these now... if she has changed, she'd be angrier than Rarity when someone insults her mane, she thought through a sorrowful chuckle. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]While she was looking over her map though, out of the corner of her peripheral, she spotted another mare unicorn coming up onto the hill. She took the moment to glance around and to her shock the park was very unusually busy. Then again... I am normally here later in the evening... I can't remember the last time I've been to the park this early in the day, she thought to herself. The other mare though was a tannish coloured mare, with a gold chain with a decent gem on it. She seemed to wear a fine pair of glasses and her mane and tail were both super curly and a mix of a deep brown and crimson. She couldn't quite make out what her cutie mark was. It was oddly shaped and because of that she had no idea what she could be. She did have a quill and some sort of book though, perhaps she was an author of some sort. She'd hoped though that maybe she was a local, and that she would one, know where some of the stores where that she couldn't find on the map, and she was very hopeful that she wasn't one of the Canterlot Noblistic snobs that she'd run into in the past. All she could do though was be friendly and see where that got her. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]She approached the other mare levitating the map and her quill on the way leaving the map unfolded. She kept a respectful distance to her to not invade her privacy. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Excuse me miss, I don't mean to interrupt your thinking, as I'm pretty sure you're focused on your story... but I was wondering if you could give me a hand... It's been a while since I've been in the Canterlot Market and everything's completely changed. Mainly I'm looking for two stores, The first one I can't actually remember the name off, but I know that it's a store that supposed to have all kinds of interesting new games. I met the owner of it in Ponyville but I can't remember what he said it was called. The other store that I'm looking for is kind of a smaller one, and deals with mainly trinkets. Would you happen to have any idea where they are?"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked politely trying to take up as little of the presumed author's time as possible.[/colour]

ArtsyRPBanner_zpsec66f606.png

She blinked, mentally cursing to herself that the other had noticed her. Well, that appeared to be what happened when one just stayed on a hill near somepony else. Getting farther away would've been a better idea, but the other parts of the park had... euck. Children. It was better to deal with just one pony than them. Bah, children! Little slimy colts and fillies, with their overly small bodies! Thinking they were SO cute with their high pitched voices and blank flanks! Ha! Right. She sure was glad she had grown out of that stage.Hmm, this lady said something about a story. Perhaps she should write a story where children don't exist due to some strange radiating gem that causes-

Wait, she was getting quite distracted. Stop staring into space and answer that pony! That pony that thought she was writing a... story. For some reason. She thought a sketchbook was quite an obvious thing for drawing, but then again, maybe non-artist ponies weren't schooled in such ways. Not only that, but she seemed to think she was a local... perhaps she as well as new to this place, as Artsy didn't think herself quite befitting of Canterlot scenery. Although a few ponies appeared to have been getting confused with certain outfits she wore. But never just in her standard garb.

"I'm sorry... I can't really help you, man. I'm not really from around here, you see... dude," She tried to pepper her speech with less... formal speech, in attempts to make herself look even less Canterlotish. "I probably know about as much as where I'm going as you. But wait, wait. I think I remember seeing something in the super, like amount of time I've spent here... y'all. Totally. H-heh. Uh..." Once again, she got that blank gaze in her brown eyes for an instant, staring off as she tried to recall the images of what she had seen wedged within the crevices of her forgetful mind. The market... yes. Images of a bazaar-like area rushed through her imagination. A great variety of stores... so many big fancy signs, labels, and buildings. Vaguely, she recalled something about... games? The edges of the fuzzy memories grew more foggy though, and she....

"Can't remember. S-sorry to not be helpful at all, like, totally unawesome. Yeah. Also, I'm not really writing a story or anything. Just... trying to draw. Nothing special," Okay, maybe she was overdoing that trying-not-to-look-like-you're-from-Canterlot thing a little bit. But it was kind of fun, even if it was stupid.

What sort of games was the mare even talking about, she wondered? Oh well, it wasn't really any of her business. Rule Q of Artsy: Don't ask ponies things you don't need to know! Get in, get out, get only what's necessary. She noted to herself she really should've made a Rules A through P. Wow, she sure was particularly unfocused and strange today. Must've been one of those days where her mood swang into this place.

[colour=#000080]Ice frowned a bit when the other mare mentioned that she wasn't from Canterlot either, so her knowledge of the city was just as limited as hers was. The dialect that she used definitely didn't sount like the Canterlot style, but at the same time it felt... somewhat forced. She couldn't place it, but it just seemed off. What did she know though, for all she knew where ever this mare had come from, perhaps they had a weirder dialect that even what she had heard in Fillydelphia. Granted... she didn't remember much of Fillydelphia anymore, but that was beside the point. She wished that she could though, or at least her old address so that she could follow up on Princess Luna's advice and send a letter to her parents. Sure she could always go to Filly, but trying to scour that entire city for one of two places was going to be next to impossible. She'd have to either find her old house, which was impossible considering she couldn't remember anything about it, or the printing press for the paper. Then it hit her, she could always put the add here in the Canterlot Paper and see if possibly they could forward it to Fillydelphia. [/colour]

[colour=#000080]Her mind was brought back though when she heard the mare tell her that she wasn't writing a story, but was in fact just doing some drawing. She looked down at the book and sure enough it was a sketchbook, not a writing book. Not that she could tell a difference between the two from a distance though. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Oh, that's pretty cool. I do similar work on occasions at my shop back in Ponyville. Sure most of my sales are done with snow-cones and ice cream, but I also do the occasional ice sculptures as well for important parties and gatherings and for anypony else that wants them. That being said, I must ask where it is that your from though... I must say that I've never heard a dialect quite as accentuated as yours before, and this is coming from a mare that's lived in Fillydelphia. Granted I don't remember much of anything from there, but still,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she asked politely with an easy smile. [/colour]