Worth A Thousand Bits... I mean words! [Reserved]

Imagination

The setup was too perfect. He just couldn't wait!

Miss Rarity of Ponyville, meeting somepony ALONE, for a mysterious pick-up! He had an extremely reliable source who had given him this information when he had called upon her. It sounded too good to be true... But oh-so-juicy. A covert pickup in town? By herself? And she had been looking forward to it? His publishers have been drooling over an opportunity to get pictures of Rarity, and this was his chance to make some serious bits.

Quill Pressgang was ready for anything! He had picked out his favorite black polo (out of a closet full of them) and gotten his best camera. On the train-ride, he did stretching exercises, repeatedly testing his camera. It had to work. Everything had to work out. But of course, this was the first of many photo-ops he had to conduct today. They wanted to close out the winter with a huge celebrity blow-out! Something big for the annual subscribers of P3 magazine.

After what seemed like an eternity, he had gotten into position. He hoped he wasn't too late! That, and he hoped he wasn't recognized too soon. Nearly anypony who's anypony had a poster of him in their homes, warning them about him, and the face to fear. Or he liked to think so. The reality was, he was just a face. A particularly annoying one to some ponies.

After asking around, he found the place he was looking for. A place run by a stallion named Cashmere. Oh my, what could this possibly be? He found the residence, immediately going Secret-Squirrel. He had to get a picture of the both of them together... But he doubted they would have this meeting outside if Rarity was traveling so far. He'd have to try inside... He creeped around the back, putting on a classic burglar's mask over his eyes. He couldn't risk being identified, and covering the area around the eyes totally protects identity. With the Con Mane theme playing in his head, he rounded the corner of the house, clinging to the wall. He had to check the back door first. Looking around to make sure nopony saw him, he tried the knob... It was unlocked! AH-HA!

He leaps inside, landing graciously on all four hooves, wings spread. He starts tiptoeing along the stallion's house, trying to find the best place to lie in wait. He sees a rack of clothing that was just perfect. He knew it was easy, and foals did it all the time in clothing stores. Making sure he wasn't seen, he parts the clothing and buries himself behind them, getting comfortable and bracing himself. No sounds, no moveme- wait... Oh horseapples, he forgot to take the lens cap off. That was a close one!

He fumbled with his camera, making everything would be absolutely perfect as he waited for his moment to strike. Payday, here he comes!

Rarity was ecstatic. Today, among other less exciting errands, she was looking to procure a new bag from a designer she had purchased from before, Cashmere Needle. She had first met this pony not too long ago while looking for inspiration to make her own bags. She had ended up having Cashmere make one for her, and in picking it up had bee most impressed. She was quite proud of her ability to make and sew all sorts of things, but in the area of bags this stallion definitely had her outclassed. He truly was an artist with it! She was so pleased with her one bag from him that she just had to have another, and so she had ordered a new one and was set to meet with Cashmere at his shop to pick it up.

Approaching said shop, Rarity was all smiles. She was looking forward to seeing the designer again and seeing what he had in store for her. She was so focused on that that the small bit of peculiar motion along the structure's perimeter was immediately brushed off, the mare continuing along undeterred. She approached readily and gave a brief tap at the door before opening it.

[colour=#663399]"Cashmere, darling! I'm here!"[/colour] she called out, hoping to get the stallion's attention.

• 4 months later...

pony9.jpg

"Rarity darling!" He had been expecting her and grinned seeing her, moving forward and bowing politely "It is SO good to see you again! And how is my favorite customer?" He had loved working on her bag for her gala dress "I am so excited to see you again, your last bag obliterated my art block! I had never felt so relived and creative before, I owe you a great deal of thanks" Cashmere smiled then "Could I get you some tea and perhaps something to nibble on before we dive into work?" He was so looking forward to this, she felt like one of the few ponies he could connect to, they both had such passion for their work, albeit hers was more fashion aimed than his was.