Dabom444

Lyria looked at her pictures, then remembered the one she left in her bag. She picked it up, and looked at it. It was her, her best friend, Dawn, Dawn's family, and Lyria's family, all together. Dawn was giggling with Lyria, and Dawn's mother, Princess Luna, was talking to Fluttershy, Lyria's mother. Her dad, Prince Lunar, and Lyria's dad, Big Macintosh, were grilling in the background. she heard Angel ask if she wanted company. "Yes, please." She whispered, and looked at him. She held the picture in front of her, and showed Angel. "Besides my dad, this is all I really have left..." She sighed. "These ponies are the only ponies who accept me in life."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashbomb jumped up on his bed and laid on his back he looked out the window. The snow storm was still raging on. He looked over to sunray's bed. It was still empty and he hadn't seen him ever since their pairings he began to worry.

Lighting dust was sleeping soundly in her bed. She awoke when she heard voices. She raised her head and saw that Marble and Angel were talking to lyria. "What are they talking about?" She thought to herself. She tried to listen in on their conversation.

Angel sat on the edge of her bunk "Well, You can add Me to that list" He said, Trying to make the mare feel more comfortable. 'That was a little cheesy' He thought to himself. "I have a little sister, SilverStar. Shes always pestering me about my life. Sending me letters. I always reply, But she askes me the same thing in every letter, Like Have I meet somepony new, Have a meet a mare, Things like that. She keeps me in check." He laughed "And I miss her. Shes back in Fillydelphia, I missed her getting her cutiemark." He looked down, A little sad. "She got it in painting, I could never paint" he let out a light laugh

Lyria giggles. "Your definetly added to that list." She smiles, and looks at her flank. The heart with wings that was her cutie mark shined a little in the light. "I got my cutie mark when I sonicboomed to save my friend Dawn from falling off the tower of Canterlot Castle." She smiled, remembering the memory. She then looked at Angel, and saw his little sad expression. She hugged him, trying to cheer him up. When she let go, she looked at him, and asked, "How did you get your cutie mark?"

Angel looked at the camera on his flank "Oh.. Thats a long story." He sighed "When I was just a colt, There was this old man who ran a camera shop. I remember everyday after school I would walk home and see his little shop, Empty. I felt bad so I would visit him everyday on the way home. One day he even took me out to lunch." Angel started "Then I remember. I was on my way home one day, And he wasn't there. I was confused, So I looked everywhere. But I couldn't find him. So I went home." He told her "When I got there, There was a package waiting for me, I never got mail, Let alone a package I opened it and found a camera and some equipment with a letter." He told her "It read, AngelSnapp, Your company has made this old stallion's life a joyous one, Im afraid Im moving to a town called 'Ponyville' Its a amazing town, Its so pretty. I have no need for this camera there, So take it and use it as you please, As a token of our friendship." he said, "Then, One day I went to a wonderbolt flight show, I of course took my camera. I took it everywhere. That day, I got my Mark. I remember they did a dive and pulled up right over us. I took a shot and it was perfect. The Timing was just.. Perfect, And I got it developed. When I saw it, I knew I wanted to take more then. Poof! There it was." He smiled. "Its a little cheesy, I know."

Marble listened to all of them. Flashbomb left, leaving Marble with Angel and Lyria. She showed them another picture, and said not many ponies accepted her. Marble decided to finally come out of his shell. [colour=#ff0000]"I-I... Accept you..." [/colour]He hoped it didn't come out wrong, or that it was misinterpreted. He said it in his normal voice as well. He heard them talking about their cutie mark. [colour=#ff0000]Why does everypony have an exciting tale behind their cutie mark (pun intended)?[/colour]

(lol pun) I looked at Marble. "T-Thank you Marble." She whispered, and looked at him, smiling. She then turned to Angel. "Not cheesy, amazing." She smiled, and looked into his eyes. "That is so sweet on what you did for that old stallion." She smiled, still looking into his eyes.

Angel laughed "Its just in my nature I guess." He felt slightly awkward with the recruit looking into his eyes, But he didnt care. She felt better at this point. And that made him happy. "Anyway, I think ill go get some R&R, Like I said, Im just down the hall if you need me" He smiled and got up. "Night Marble, Night Lyria" He smiled at the recruits and trotted down the north hall to the staff barracks.

Flashbomb stared out the window. He had a feeling of dread,like something was off. He shook it off. " im sure sunray is allright." He told himself. His stomach rumbled, he realized i was about lunch time. He hopped of the bed and trotted to the door. he opened it and walked over to marble. "Sorry bout that, what are you talking about?" he asked curiously.

Lightning dust listened to the conversation going on between the ponies she kept her head down as to not get caught eavesdropping. She saw flashbomb enter and start to talk again.

Flashbomb noticed that the conversation was already finnished and Angel was gone. "Should have stuck around instead of hoping around like a rabit." He said to himself. He looked at marble. Im going to head to the mess hall for first pick at the slop they call food." He joked with a smile. " If you need anything ill be there." He trotted over to the messhall.

[colour=#ff0000]"Night guys." [/colour]Marble said as Angel and Lyra went to get some R & R. Flash came up behind him and said he'd be getting lunch. Marble trotted behind Flash, and they both arrived to get some lunch. Marble looked out at the terrible weather outside. [colour=#ff0000]"Can't they just get somepony to clear this up?" [/colour]He asked. Then, sudden realization dawned on his face. [colour=#ff0000]"We're going to be clearing the weather, aren't we?"[/colour]

Lyria started to write.

Dear mum,

How are you? I know I haven't written to you for a while, and I'm sorry.

I know I'm really the only pony left for you to talk to...

You know, I'm pretty sure Luna would be happy to come

and stay with you. Have you tried asking her?

Well, I love you mommy. See you soon.

Love, Lyria.

Lyria put the letter into the box to send, and a pony took away the box. Lyria sadly sighed, when a letter magically appeared in her hooves.

Flashbomb looked outside as he grabbed a tray. "I think so pal." He tried to be enthusiastic. The clouds he busted through were ain and storm clouds. He could bust through snow clouds with ease but he just hated the sting of the ice on him. "Actually i hope we don't." He looked over and got his food. The mess hall was empty except him and marble. "guess eating lunch is optional." He quoted to marble. They sat down at a lone table. He looked at the lunch. it wasnt loking to bad. Haybrowns and molasses. "wow check it out marble." The food actually looks good!" he took a bite, it was delicious." it tasted great to. Try some." He continued to eat.

The mess hall was abnormally empty, especially for lunch time. Flash mused that lunch must have been optional. The food looked much better then usual, and Flash even said it was great! Marble took an excited bite, and was very pleasantly surprised! [colour=#ff0000]"Why are the others gone when Lunch is clearly the good time?" [/colour]Another random, but completely un-serious thought went through his head. [colour=#ff0000]"Maybe this food was infected with a virus that turns us into zombie ponies, and we weren't told!"[/colour]

Lyria picked up the letter.

It read:

[colour=#40e0d0]Dear Lyria,[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]It's me, Dawn. I'm sorry. Terribly sorry for you to be hearing this tragic news from me.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Your mother, Fluttershy... [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria saw a teardrop right there on the page.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Has passed away today from depression. [/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]I'm so sorry Lyria.. Just know, I'm always here for you.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Always.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]I love you as a friend Lyria.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]~Dawn[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria stared blankly at the page. Now her mother? The tears returned once more, and she fell on her bed crying. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]Maybe Angel will help me.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria walked out of the barracks, and walked toward the staff barracks. The guards looked at her m[/colour]enacingly. "Umm.. Angel said I could come and see him..." She whispered. "If I needed too..." She squeaked, and hid behind her mane. They looked at her unsure, and she whimpered. "Oh.. Well.. Umm... I'll just go.." She whispered, and slowly inched away, not taking her eyes off the guards.

Sunray woke up on the snow cloud. He had enough of the cold. He slowly stood back up, wiping the snow from his chest. He stretched his wings, they were stiff from the cold, but he would be fine. He flew through the cloud and back into the snow storm. The storm was stronger than it was earlier. He flew down into the barracks and walked into the mess hall. He got into the lunch line, got his food and sat with Flashbomb. “Congratulations on Lead Pony.”

Flashbomb Mowed his food. He looked up and said almost exactly what marble was thinking "Wait a moment... were the only ones in here and the food is too good to be true....Were poisioned!" He pretended to gag and fall face first on the table dead. He chuckled and then he looked up and saw is marble laughed at his joke."Get it? makes sense." He smiled and ate his food again. He looked over at Sunray and smiled, "Thanks." He said to him.

Angel was taking a nap when A guard tapped him on the shoulder "Sorry to wake you AngelSnapp, Sir. But a rookie was looking for you." he told him "Wha? Oh, Ok." He yawned and stretched "Must have been lyria. Wonder what happened .." He wiped his eyes and got up "Thanks, Your dismissed." He told the guard. He trotted down the south hall to the mare's barracks and knocked "Lyria, You ok?" he asked through the door.

Angel looked down at the sobbing recruit, He was definitely awake now. She had ran to him and was now hugging him. Very tightly. "Im so sorry" He said in a morn-full voice "I really am.." He hugged her back and waited for her to calm down a little.