[Whitetail Woods] The Secret Life of Mares and Bees (Open)

Rosewind

Trekker was still kneeling, really unsure of what to do other than wait. The bugs around the barrier were still agitated with no signs of calming down. The bugcolt addressed Trekker again.

[colour=#CCCC99]"My most sincere apologies about that miss. "If you would tell me once more, how long can you sustain this barrier?"[/colour]

"[colour=#339933]As I said earlier, this current one has a time limit of about an hour.[/colour]" Trekker started, it was a fair question and the with the stress the bug colt was under, she didn't blame him for repeating it. "[colour=#339933]Considering all the running around everyone has been doing I'd guess there are about 30 minutes left until it dissipates. If this is not enough time, please let me know and I'll refortify it. I should be able to make it last for any amount of time you need. I even have some food rations and drinks to last for a bit, which I could share with the others in here.[/colour]" Trekker said in a disinterested monotone voice, just loud enough for the bugcolt to hear. It wasn't that she wasn't looking forward to talking with the bugcolt, or the hyperactive pink pony, or the grey stallion. Everypony had their own way of making the world interesting, as did the creatures. Learning about those things and the experiences connected with them was what gave Trekker her drive to travel and adventure. She would probably end up looking back on this fondly, and hopefully gain some experiences. However, currently this wasn't an ideal situation for her. The stallion then turned to her and started talking, clearly worried about the situation.

[colour=#282828]"Er, Miss Trekker. Do you have any plans on how we can contain the situation? I don't really know any useful offensive spells, nor could I even wrap my hooves around a good force-field spell like you can. I would normally just flee into the direction with the least amount of insects, but there doesn't seem to be any section of this area that's not covered with some form of bug. And even if I were able to get away, I would not only be abandoning you and the others, the insects would probably follow me back to Ponyville. And I doubt the citizens there would appreciate that. I heard what happened when they were infested with parasprites. I do know a calming spell, but I doubt it would work against this way insects, if it worked against their type or not."[/colour]

Trekker looked over "[colour=#339933]Me? Plans?[/colour]" Trekker sighed "[colour=#339933]To be perfectly honest, I do, but I'd rather not.[/colour]" Trekker had formulated at least two plans, with a third that she wasn't fond of at all. "[colour=#339933]My first plan, is really to see what bugcolt over there can do. He seems to know the insects pretty well, and I'd rather not do anything more brash than I already have. However, if it makes you feel any better, I do have two other plans with a third...sort of. The first is the same to one of yours, a calming spell. However I've only read about it and never cast it before. The second is barrier reversal, however that might not be wise if there are more bugs elsewhere, as they might feel their friends are in danger. The last one... is well... a plan of last resort. I hope it won't come to that.[/colour]" Trekker said calmly to the stallion.

Trekker was prepared for the long haul. She had enough portable emergency rations to last her several days, or two ponies and a filly for at least 3. "[colour=#339933]If either of you two are hungry I have some portable rations we can munch on. They are hayseed oat honey bars that I hoofmade in case I got stuck anywhere. They are actually quite good, if just a bit chewy.[/colour]" Trekker offered her trapped compatriots. Looking over at Buzz "[colour=#339933]Bugcolt, I hope you don't mind if we talk calmly amongst ourselves and I share some food with them. If you need any help from me, including prolonging the barrier, please, let me know.[/colour]" Trekker said with a smile, hoping for the quickest and easiest outcome.

[colour=#008000]"As I said earlier, this current one has a time limit of about an hour.Considering all the running around everyone has been doing I'd guess there are about 30 minutes left until it dissipates. If this is not enough time, please let me know and I'll refortify it. I should be able to make it last for any amount of time you need. I even have some food rations and drinks to last for a bit, which I could share with the others in here."[/colour]

Finally, some good- er... Well, not terrible news. Now Buzz could start weighing his options on how to go about this.

[colour=#008000]"Bugcolt, I hope you don't mind if we talk calmly amongst ourselves and I share some food with them. If you need any help from me, including prolonging the barrier, please, let me know."[/colour]

Buzz took another deep breath and rubbed his forehead. All this commotion was beginning to give him a headache. He laid down on the ground in front of the barrier.

[colour=#cccc99]"In that case, you can make yourselves comfortable. Considering how things turned out as they did, we'll be here for four hours at most until I can calm them down to the point where they won't maul you at the first opportunity. And even then..."[/colour]

Buzz paused in thought.

[colour=#cccc99]"Well, let's solve this one step at a time. So long as you keep your voices down, you may feel free to converse. We will be here for awhile after all. And if your barrier doesn't prevent food stuffs from passing, then you are welcome to some of my groceries as well. I already have Pinkie Pie putting on some coffee for us"[/colour]

[colour=#282828][colour=#ED458B]"Buzz! How do I coffee?! There's just lots of bugstuff here!"[/colour][/colour]

Buzz paused again.

[colour=#cccc99]"I'll momentarily have Pinkie Pie putting on some coffee for us"[/colour]

​Buzz gently shook his mane, eliciting a single dragonfly, one of the few bugs that hadn't already freaked. He spoke to it, [colour=#cccc99]"Show Pinkie where I keep the coffee please" [/colour]The dragonfly flew back to the house and into the kitchen with Pinkie. It tapped her on the nose twice to get her attention before flying to a pantry behind a couple of boxes, previously hidden from Pinkie's view.

As the insect few off, Buzz redirected his attention to Twist.

[colour=#CCCC99]"Little filly, my earlier proposition still stands. If you exit the barrier, these bugs will not harm you in the slightest bit, I swear it"[/colour]

Pinkie Pie sat on the table of the kitchen, looking down at the floor. The floor was, of course, moving, because it was carpeted with many, many insects. It was then that a dragonfly hovered in. She blinked at it with her large, blue eyes. [colour=#ED458B]"Hi! Are you related to Spike, by chance? He's a dragon too, but he doesn't have wings, heeheehee!" [/colour]She watched the buggy show her where a box of coffee could be found. She nodded firmly to herself. [colour=#ED458B]"Right! I have an idea!" [/colour]She hopped down from the table -- careful not to step on any of Buzz's thousand pets -- and yoinked the box of coffee out from behind the cabinet. She opened it and gave it a sniff. She considered using the box as a step to crawl out the window, but her friends needed coffee!

The pink mare took two steps...then the unthinkable happened. She dropped the box of coffee. On the floor. With lots and lots of hungry buggies. They all started to consume the caffeine-heavy coffee grounds. Pinkie swallowed hard, putting her hoof to her mouth in a small gasp. She called out the door, where she could still hear the other ponies talking about barriers, food supplies, and ...escape plans? [colour=#ED458B]"Uh oh! Um...Buzz? What happens when buggies have a little...okay, a lot...of coffee grounds? Do they get a little more buzzed than usual? Ha!"[/colour] The piles of crawling insects began to rumble and swarm together. Pinkie crawled back on the table top, looking down. [colour=#ED458B]"It can't get anymore worse, can it?"[/colour]

"I'm still very curious why there are so many bugs about. This isn't natural!", the very flustered unicorn added as he glanced past the force-field with a look of both fear and desperation on his face. "And why do you keep calling Mister Buzz a 'bug-colt'? Is that to imply that these bugs are actually his?", his face turned a slight shade of green to match his eyes as he pondered this. "Guess it would make sense. There are a lot of different insects about. Is this stallion some sort of bug-hoarder? I remember enjoying a great big book about bugs when I was a little colt and thinking how cool it would have been to see many of those insects in person, but this is ridiculous." with the idea of having lunch now floating in his head, the unicorn started to dig through his saddlebags, "At this moment, we're just as stuck as Sticky the Stick-bug when he got stuck in a sticky-bun."

He opened the pack to reveal a copy of a the hit novel 'The Very Virile Viking.' whose cover was adorned with a hunky looking earth pony stallion in armor. There was a small pita-bread type sandwich along with a travel-canteen filled with water. "Oh for pony's sake.", the flabbergasted stallion groaned, "Docket gave me her lunch and very terrible book by mistake. Don't mind the food that much, but seriously?', he gagged as he glanced at the small paperback novel, "My sister handles some of the greatest works of Canterlot literature, and this is what she reads on her spare time?", he sighed as he broke the pita in half, "If any of you want some of this sandwich, be my guest. It's hummus and vegetable crudités."

He slowly opened up his canteen, "While the pink one is adorable In her own special way, it's a shame she can't just summon her friends to save our flanks. While I never got more than two words with her back in Canterlot, I know Twilight Sparkle is one of the greatest wizards Equestria has seen in generations. She could have used magic to teleport us to safety. There's a Pegasus mare whose name fails me at the moment, but I heard she is a skilled ranger of no equal. The Apple girl would also have been of use as she could have simply used her cowpony skills to round up the bugs. Rainbow Dash could have called upon her Wonderbolt friends to get us out of here. Would be nice to see Misty Morning again. And there's one more in their little group that I'm currently drawing a blank.", he sighed once more as he took a long sip of water.

Pocket Changed glanced at Trekker,"I do apologize for rambling on like this. Just wish there was something I could do to be of a use.", his ears flattened tightly against his skull as he tried to figure out how to get out of this particular predicament.

[colour=#CCCC99]"In that case, you can make yourselves comfortable. Considering how things turned out as they did, we'll be here for four hours at most until I can calm them down to the point where they won't maul you at the first opportunity. And even then..."[/colour]

[colour=#CCCC99]"Well, let's solve this one step at a time. So long as you keep your voices down, you may feel free to converse. We will be here for awhile after all. And if your barrier doesn't prevent food stuffs from passing, then you are welcome to some of my groceries as well. I already have Pinkie Pie putting on some coffee for us"[/colour]

Buzz replied to Trekker what he wanted her to do. Trekker wasn't showing her emotions, it wasn't that she was closed off or cold, but rather she didn't like seeming weak. Instead Trekker elected to give the impression that she was calm and collected despite not only being worried about the well being of herself but the others whom were caught in this precarious situation with her. After all, panicking at this point would do no one good.

Trekker nodded at Buzz. "[colour=#339933]Four hours? I think I can do that. Just to be safe I'll reinforce it to six.[/colour]" With that Trekker focused on her magic and reinforced the barrier. With a glimmer that seemed to make the barrier pulsate, it seemed to become more dense. "[colour=#339933]Well that should take care of that. The barrier is only set to repel insects, so inanimate objects and any mammals can pass through it freely.[/colour]" Trekker explained the parameters of her barrier. "[colour=#339933]So coming in and out to give us food and refreshment should be no problem. However I am fine with my emergency provisions. I'm quite used to them, and truth be told, they are quite good, however...[/colour]"

Trekker paused for a moment.

"[colour=#339933]I do have a question. Would the insects have marked my fox as well? While my provisions are good for me, pony food doesn't quite work for him. I would hope that he could go hunt for himself and come back when he's had his fill. I would hate for him to have to suffer on my account you see.[/colour]" Trekker inquired, worried about the well being of her best friend and lifelong companion.

"I[colour=#339933]f only there was some way to convey to the insects that Chrome and I mean them, and you, no harm, and I'm sure that other unicorn over there is the same way[/colour]" Trekker started "[colour=#339933]Perhaps then we could resolve this situation quicker, but that seems unlikely.[/colour]" Trekker stated quite plainly. At this point she didn't know what to do. Four hours was a long time, but she couldn't risk provoking them further. Which a failed calming spell would surely do. A barrier reversal would work, especially if she sealed it, but that wouldn't play much favour to their host, as much as he seemed to have disdain for them, Trekker would hope to change his view of her before the day was out.

Pocket Change, flustered, turned to Trekker and started talking, almost rambling at times.

[colour=#282828]"I'm still very curious why there are so many bugs about. This isn't natural!", the very flustered unicorn added as he glanced past the force-field with a look of both fear and desperation on his face. "And why do you keep calling Mister Buzz a 'bug-colt'? Is that to imply that these bugs are actually his?", his face turned a slight shade of green to match his eyes as he pondered this. "Guess it would make sense. There are a lot of different insects about. Is this stallion some sort of bug-hoarder? I remember enjoying a great big book about bugs when I was a little colt and thinking how cool it would have been to see many of those insects in person, but this is ridiculous." with the idea of having lunch now floating in his head, the unicorn started to dig through his saddlebags, "At this moment, we're just as stuck as Sticky the Stick-bug when he got stuck in a sticky-bun."

[/colour]

"[colour=#339933]Buzz? That's the colt's name? Apologies, we were never introduced. I was calling him bugcolt because he is a colt, and his house is full of arthropods and arthropod related items, Bugcolt seemed to fit as a temporary name.[/colour]" Trekker explained. "[colour=#339933]As for the insects, this is just a very bad swarm. More than I've ever dealt with, but a swarm all the same. I'm sure I could make it to a stream in the woods to throw the insects off, but that doesn't seem right given the current situation.[/colour]" Trekker stopped there, not really quite sure how to react to Pocket Change's humor. "[colour=#339933]Speaking of names, I don't think I got your name. If I may be so bold to ask...[/colour]"

Pocket Change offered her some food. Trekker appreciated the gesture, but she didn't want to take the food of another if she had provisions for herself. "[colour=#339933]I must decline your offer.[/colour]" Trekker levitated a portable ration from her bag. "[colour=#339933]I have plenty of these which should be plenty for me.[/colour]"

And then he started rambling about some legendary ponies, including the much exalted Twilight Sparkle, whom she had only heard of in Celestia's School as a filly. And apparently other friends whom were legendary. Trekker had heard of them, and always wanted to meet them, especially Twilight whom probably could teach her a few spells. Either way they would be interesting ponies to meet!

[colour=#282828]Pocket Changed glanced at Trekker,"I do apologize for rambling on like this. Just wish there was something I could do to be of a use.", his ears flattened tightly against his skull as he tried to figure out how to get out of this particular predicament.
[/colour]

"[colour=#339933]I feel the same way at this point. Sure the barrier is keeping us safe, but I feel like I can't do anything else. I don't want to harm anypony or anything. Everything I could do from here on out runs the risk of doing harm to something or someone. Just try to stay calm, that is probably the best thing to do.[/colour]" Trekker said with a level head, seemingly emotionless, with not even a quiver to her voice. "[colour=#339933]I'm sure Buzz can handle the insects. Perhaps it can take less than four hours! He seems to know these insects pretty well.[/colour] [colour=#339933]For now we can talk I suppose.[/colour]"

Trekker was just as unsure as Pocket Change, but was better at hiding her insecurities. She has never been in a situation like this. She could get out of it, but that would leave others in the same nasty situation. She liked the feeling of helping others, also helping other ponies might benefit her in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Before Twist could respond to Buzz's offer, Pinkie called out from his cabin again.

[colour=#ED458B]"Uh oh! Um...Buzz? What happens when buggies have a little...okay, a lot...of coffee grounds? Do they get a little more buzzed[/colour] [colour=#ED458B]than usual? Ha!"[/colour]

[colour=#CCCC99]"What? What did? Oh can't I catch a break for just a moment today?"[/colour]

He let out what must of been the tenth sigh of the day. Buzz stood up and excused himself from his "guests"

[colour=#cccc99]"Sorry, I'll be back momentarily" [/colour]Buzz turned to leave before stopping to add, [colour=#CCCC99]"again..."[/colour]

Buzz returned inside to find out just what exactly happened. He didn't need to deduce this himself, though, as the bugs were already filling him in on Pinkie's little accident. He exchanged a few unspoken words with the arthropod hoard understood only by them. After that was finished, they all hastily dispersed from the room. He turned to Pinkie Pie who still seemed a little worried.

[colour=#cccc99]"Alright Pinkie, good news bad news time. Good news is that there's no harm done to the bugs. They just need to go burn all that caffeine energy with some vigorous flying or digging or whatever. Bad news, is that I'm still going to need that coffee. Seeing as how you spilled all of mine, I'm going to have to ask you to run back to town to pick some up. Can you do that for me?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie blinked from her spot atop the table. Before where hoards of insects were surrounding her, none were to be found. Buzz was re~ally creepy -- and somewhat endearing with his connection and knowledge of all the crawly, kooky insects. She slid down from her spot on the table, testing the floor with a pink hoof to make sure nothing more would pop out from between the wooden floorboards. [colour=#ED458B]"M-more coffee? Sure, I'd be happy to go outside...is it safe outside? There's some really crazy magic going on out there! Usually when I see something sparking away, that means Twilight is testing a new spell or something, and it's a good idea to go the other way! I wouldn't want to get turned into a giant cupcake, cactus, or end up with an extra nose or something! Then again, I bet it would be fun to be a giant cupcake!" [/colour]Pinkie tapped her chin, gazing up at the "skylight" in thought. She looked back to the crazy bug pony.

[colour=#ED458B]"Buzz...if I were a cupcake, what flavour would I be? Be honest!"[/colour]

""Buzz? That's the colt's name? Apologies, we were never introduced. I was calling him bugcolt because he is a colt, and his house is full of arthropods and arthropod related items, Bugcolt seemed to fit as a temporary name." Trekker explained. "As for the insects, this is just a very bad swarm. More than I've ever dealt with, but a swarm all the same. I'm sure I could make it to a stream in the woods to throw the insects off, but that doesn't seem right given the current situation." Trekker stopped there, not really quite sure how to react to Pocket Change's humor. "Speaking of names, I don't think I got your name. If I may be so bold to ask..."

"My name? I was almost sure I had given it to you! Good gracious!", the stallion could not believe how rude he was! Not only was he being a somewhat rambly pony, he broke proper etiquette by not giving the rather lovely mare his name. "It's Pocket Horatio Magellan Change. Most call me Pocket, some call me Pocky. Feel free to pick.", he gave off a nervous smile followed by an rather pained chuckle. He just didn't like his whole current situation. While he had encounters with far nastier creatures during his rather young life, he just couldn't stand insects! Be it bitey red ants who crawl and sting, or cockroaches are just nasty. He also hated the fact that there was a bug that looked just like the happy little 'ladybug', but instead of giving a pony good luck, or whatever the heck they were supposed to do, they in fact would sting! These were actually called 'lady beetles' and some be found in his small garden. They always managed to land a good bite right in the center of his hoof, where it was the softest part and the urge to stomp the little critters into oblivion usually crossed his mind, but he knew ponies could never take the life of another, 'be it bugs that crawl, bears that maul or rats the size of a beach ball'. He was sworn to never harm a creature that really did not mean him any actual harm. His eyes did widen a little as she gave off 'four hours' as the estimate for the 'bugcolt' to wrangle all of his buggy buddies.

"Four hours? I'm not sure I'll be able to stand here for that long and be able to er....hold...", his cheeks started to redden as he silently wished he hadn't packed so many water bottles, which he was already halfway through. "Er. Buzz?", he tried to call out without sounding angry as not to annoy the bugs nearby, "Do you by chance have a restroom? Preferably one that's not covered in insects?"

Twist had been completely lost in thought for a few minutes, spaced out beyond repair. When she finally snapped back to reality and stopped thinking about food, she heard discussion about cupcakes. Twist grinned, excited to hear that kind of conversation. She loved eating and baking cupcakes more than almost anything in the world!

She looked around and noticed that the bugs appeared a lot more calm than they were. She was also not behind Trekker's force field, but the bugs didn't seem to mind her presence That was a good sign, considering that Twist really wanted to get a pet through these bugs. Any one of the bugs, really.

[colour=#ff0000]"Cupcaketh?"[/colour]

She asked, to no one in particular.

[colour=#ff0000]"Did thomebody thay thomething about cupcaketh?"[/colour]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#ED458B]"M-more coffee? Sure, I'd be happy to go outside...is it safe outside? There's some really crazy magic going on out there! Usually when I see something sparking away, that means Twilight is testing a new spell or something, and it's a good idea to go the other way! I wouldn't want to get turned into a giant cupcake, cactus, or end up with an extra nose or something! Then again, I bet it would be fun to be a giant cupcake!"[/colour]

[colour=#cccc99]"Don't worry Pinkie the bugs aren't upset with you. It's like I said before, It was, Um... I don't think I caught that one ponies name yet actually. Well the bugs are already acquainted with you so they're only worried for your safety after he did his little net stunt.[/colour]

[colour=#ed458b]"Buzz...if I were a cupcake, what flavour would I be? Be honest!"[/colour]

Buzz squinted his eyes a little.

[colour=#CCCC99]"Pinkie, now is not the time to be thinking about what kind of cupcake you'd, you'd be..."[/colour]

Buzz paused momentarily.

[colour=#cccc99]"Oh geeze, now you've got me actually curious" [/colour]Buzz exhaled his breath. [colour=#cccc99]"Alright well the first thing that comes to mind is cotton candy but that might be a bit obvious because of your poofy mane. So when I think of an energetic and colourful flavour, I think of... strawberry cherry?"[/colour]

Buzz shook his head and motioned for Pinkie to follow him outside.

[colour=#cccc99]"We can pick this conversation up later but for now I really need to start tending to those upset bugs outside. Oh that reminds me! Do you know that little filly out there? As long as your going to Ponyville, perhaps you can take her with you and bring her back home?"[/colour]

As he stepped back outside, he saw that Twist had ventured out of Trekker's barrier and approached her.

[colour=#CCCC99]"Oh I was just talking about you. What are you doing out here anyway? Are you lost?"[/colour]

Pinkie trotted cautiously outside as she spoke to Buzz. [colour=#ED458B]"Strawberry cherry? Hmm, I guess I could see that! I was kind of hoping for something chocolate, but you can't win'um all, huh?!" [/colour]She poked her head out of the doorway slowly, glancing around worriedly. Her blue gaze adjusted to the light, causing her to squint. [colour=#ED458B]"It looks like a bomb went off here. That little filly? She's Twist! She's friends with Rarity and Applejack's sisters at school! HI TWIST!" [/colour]Pinkie waved to the little filly, still not quite sure what was going on outside.

[colour=#ED458B]"You want me to take her home? Sure, I don't see why not! I'll pick up some coffee in town and we can forget that I punched a hole in your roof with my flank. It looks like a nice little skylight! You can gaze up at the stars at night, and it will make a really fun conversation piece...until it rains or snows! Ha! Hahahaha!" [/colour]Pinkie gigglesnorted, picking up Twist. [colour=#ED458B]"Awrighty, let's get going! The sooner the better!"[/colour]

Strawberry cherry?! Were they crazy?! Pinkie Pie definitely screamed cherry chip vanilla! Or maybe even chocolate fudge! However, that didn't seem colourful enough. Twist really wanted some cupcakes. Mostly, though, she really wanted to bake. As Pinkie Pie waved at her, Twist waved back and smiled cheerfully.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hi, Pinkie Pie! That'th right! I'm a friend of Rarity'th little thithter, Applejack'th little thithter, and....I'm not sure where Thcootaloo came from, actually..."[/colour]

Twist contemplated for a second. Had the orange filly told her sometime? Had she simply forgotten? Or was it a legitimate mystery? Whichever way, Twist was super duper happy to be recognized! Especially by Pinkie Pie, who she greatly admired for her excellent baking skills!

Suddenly, Twist was lifted off the ground and her glasses fell off promptly. She squinted, the blurriness of her vision quite alarming in all actuality. She flailed her legs and wiggled as best she could to get out of Pinkie Pie's arms.

[colour=#ff0000]"Wait a thecond, Pinkie Pie! My glatheth dropped on the ground thomewhere!"[/colour]

Deciding to clarify suddenly, because she didn't want to make a bad impression, she added,

[colour=#ff0000]"I want to go thtill though, jutht let me grab my glatheth! And did you thay thomething about coffee? I love coffee! I had thome at the mareth offith when I went with Cranky Doodle Donkey and Thplit Pinth! By the way, doeth anypony want to join my bowling team?"[/colour]

Twist stopped, feeling a sneeze quickly come on. Hopefully Pinkie Pie put her down soon!

Pocket Change listened to the conversation past the barrier with interest and smiled as the child spoke. He couldn't help but flashback to his younger, dorkier years. Not only was his mane slightly curly, he too wore similar oversized glasses. Thankfully, his hair got straighter as he got older, and he was able to have his eyesight corrected, which cost him a small fortune, but was well worth it. And while he was rather curious how the mare was able to fall so far without breaking any flank-bones along with the fact that he was also curious what sort of horrible mother or father would name their child 'Thcootaloo', there were far more pressing matters to attend to. But overhearing the idea of simply going back to town quickly pushed that aside for the moment. He could probably 'hold it' for a bit, and if necessary, he could simply go behind a tree, and hoped the mare wasn't a 'Peeky-Pie'.

"So would we be actually be able to leave this place, and not get mauled or carried away by a horde of insects? I would like to return to town. My cousin is probably worried about me and I would like to check out town before it gets dark. I've heard so many good things about Ponyville, and when the town isn't being invaded by horrible monsters, it can be a nice place to stay. This bugs won't follow us, will they?", he glanced nervously around for a moment.

OOC: Brand new OOC topic for this RP

[colour=#282828][colour=#ED458B]"You want me to take her home? Sure, I don't see why not! I'll pick up some coffee in town and we can forget that I punched a hole in your roof with my flank. It looks like a nice little skylight! You can gaze up at the stars at night, and it will make a really fun conversation piece...until it rains or snows! Ha! Hahahaha!"[/colour][/colour]

Buzz squinted his eyes a bit

[colour=#cccc99]'Oh gee, thanks Pinkie. I was this close to taking my mind off of the huge hole in my house and concentrating on other things for the moment. What would I do without you?' [/colour]Buzz thought in a sarcastic tone.

"So would we be actually be able to leave this place, and not get mauled or carried away by a horde of insects? I would like to return to town. My cousin is probably worried about me and I would like to check out town before it gets dark. I've heard so many good things about Ponyville, and when the town isn't being invaded by horrible monsters, it can be a nice place to stay. This bugs won't follow us, will they?"

Buzz flinched as Pocket Change said this. With all the things happening right now, he was hoping he could wait until he calmed the bugs down before dropping the bomb on him and Trekker. Now that he mentioned it though, if would be rude not to tell them.

Buzz turned his attention to the two ponies in the barrier and cleared his voice.

[colour=#cccc99]"Actually, I'm afraid that's not entirely the case. You see, I can calm these bugs down enough to the point where they won't seize you the moment the barrier is gone. However, They're still going to be very, [/colour][colour=#cccc99]very[/colour], [colour=#cccc99]spiteful towards you both. I very much doubt that they will allow you to leave these woods.[/colour]

Buzz began to pace as he talked.

[colour=#cccc99]"Even worse, these bugs are going to share today's events with their peers, and information in the vast bug grapevine is is spread very fast. So in the incredible stroke of luck that you can manage to sneak out, bugs everywhere will be certain to give you a hard time for who knows how long. Fortunately, I have a solution to both of these problems. I can help you earn their trust and even a little respect. If you do that, then they won't see you as a threat and let you leave as well clear up your bad reputation among themselves. I'm afraid it will take a day or two, but you are both welcome to stay in my abode until then"[/colour]

Buzz stopped pacing and turned to face the two.

[colour=#CCCC99]"I understand this is a lot to take in. Do you have any questions?"[/colour]

Silverbolt was having a rough go of it in the woods. Carrying a package/letter satchel wasn't making it any easier either, swarming bugs aside. 'What set these bugs off? I've never seen anything like it in all my travels!', the dark blue stallion thought to himself as he trotted along the forest path. He had a package for somepony named Buzz, and he was instructed to go along this path to find him.

Some minutes and several stings later, he entered the clearing and stopped dead in his tracks. "I have a package for.... What in the wide world of Equestria happened here?!", he exclaimed in shock, the barrier and swarming insects catching him completely off guard. Now he was worried that he'd be eaten to the bones by all these insects as he gulped nervously and fluttered his wings nervously.

• Like 2

Pocket Change was utterly dumbfounded, confounded, befuddled and possibly twitterpated! Was this 'bug colt' playing with him, or was he telling the unicorn the cold hard truth? The pony had studied insects briefly in school and believed the small creatures were generally considered beings of lesser or even nonexistent intelligence. They did things merely on instinct, not because their little buggy brains told them to. But what if he was right? Would the stallion spend the rest of his days having his picnics ruined by marauding ants? Would his backside be in constant fear of stinging bees? Would his garden be forever spoiled by Spotted Cucumber Beetles and Hornworms?

"Alright.", his face got long as he faced defeat, "How do I gain the trust and respect of your little buggy friends? And would it be possible for me to at least send a letter to my cousin? If I don't come back by night, she's going to freak and will probably send ponies out to look for me..I'll just not mention the fact that I'm currently being ponynapped by a legion of creepy-crawlers."

As he mentioned 'letter', a mail-pony conveniently cantered into view. "Oh! What luck!"

• 4 weeks later...

Trekker smiled at Buzz. She wasn't really worried at the situation. Not leaving the forest? She wasn't planning to for another couple of days anyway. Now she had reason to stay even more so. The bugs and Buzz were both intriguing to her. Not only would she not leave, but rather she didn't want to leave! Besides it wasn't her intent to anger any critter, so if it could be made to make amends to the arthropods she'd do what is necessary.

"[colour=#336633]So... no leaving the woods, is that right? Do I have a limit to where in the woods I can go?[/colour]" Trekker asked Buzz. "[colour=#336633]I like to forage for my own food you see. Perhaps I can even prepare something for you![/colour]" Looking at Pocket and his worries she thought of something that might help.

"[colour=#336633]I have angered the bugs, right? Not my pet fox? Because if neither of us can leave, I can perhaps send Chrome here with a letter to Pocket's cousin. She is a very smart fox. I'm sure she'd be up to the task. Normally I use magic to send letters but that usually only works if I know the recipient.[/colour]" Trekker tried her best to make the best of the situation and help Pocket Change out.

"[colour=#336633]As for your invitation to stay here, I'll gladly accept. I rarely turn down an invitation to stay at someone's place, especially someone as interesting as yourself Buzz. Just let me know when I can drop the barrier and I shall,[/colour]" Trekker said in an almost monotone voice, with a gleam of interest.

It was at that moment a courier dropped into the crazy situation that had become of the young colt's cottage. Hopefully he wouldn't be caught up in it as well.

"[colour=#336633]Oh right, and if you need help fixing that new skylight of yours, I'll be happy to help so long as your bugs don't attack me for using unwarranted magic.[/colour]" Trekker gave a smile.

• 2 weeks later...

"I have a package for.... What in the wide world of Equestria happened here?!"

Buzz turned his head towards the newcomer mail-colt.

[colour=#cccc99]"I have become the universe's plaything, that's what happened. If you have a package addressed to me, you can just leave it by the door. I'm busy enough as it is"[/colour]

Buzz redirected his attention to Pocket Change and Trekker.

"How do I gain the trust and respect of your little buggy friends? And would it be possible for me to at least send a letter to my cousin? If I don't come back by night, she's going to freak and will probably send ponies out to look for me..I'll just not mention the fact that I'm currently being ponynapped by a legion of creepy-crawlers."

[colour=#CCCC99]"We can worry about getting you two on good terms with the bugs [/colour][colour=#cccc99]tomorrow. Right now, I need to focus on calming them down"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#336633]So... no leaving the woods, is that right? Do I have a limit to where in the woods I can go?[/colour][colour=#282828]" Trekker asked Buzz. "[/colour][colour=#336633]I like to forage for my own food you see. Perhaps I can even prepare something for you![/colour][colour=#282828]"[/colour]

Buzz thought about this.

[colour=#CCCC99]"Perhaps... I'd have to talk to them about it"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#336633]I have angered the bugs, right? Not my pet fox? Because if neither of us can leave, I can perhaps send Chrome here with a letter to Pocket's cousin. She is a very smart fox. I'm sure she'd be up to the task. Normally I use magic to send letters but that usually only works if I know the recipient.[/colour][colour=#282828]"[/colour]

Buzz though about this also.

[colour=#CCCC99]"No, I shouldn't think your fox is detested by the bugs"[/colour]

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#336633]As for your invitation to stay here, I'll gladly accept. I rarely turn down an invitation to stay at someone's place, especially someone as interesting as yourself Buzz. Just let me know when I can drop the barrier and I shall,[/colour][colour=#282828]"[/colour]

Buzz breathed a sigh of slight relief.

[colour=#282828]"[/colour][colour=#336633]Oh right, and if you need help fixing that new skylight of yours, I'll be happy to help so long as your bugs don't attack me for using unwarranted magic.[/colour][colour=#282828]"[/colour]

[colour=#cccc99]"No, no, the bugs will have it fixed by tomorrow morning. Besides, I'm sure they think they would do a better job of fixing it then you would"[/colour]

Buzz paused for a second thinking about what he just said.

[colour=#cccc99]"I mean, they[/colour] [colour=#CCCC99]think that, not me. I don't doubt you magic abilities. They just, I, yeah you know. Anyways, if their are no more interruptions excluding ones that involve getting me some coffee, I'd like to finally start calming these bugs down"[/colour]

Buzz laid down on the ground in front of the barrier, took a deep breath, and closed his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Silverbolt regarded the scene before him with an expression of complete confusion. Swarming insects, ponies under a magical barrier bubble, and a young colt standing outside of the bubble. He listened to the colt's instructions, nodding once. He didn't want to know what had caused this situation as he carried the package to the front door. "Understood, Buzz. I hope they don't give me any trouble though, the bugs I mean.", he answered the colt respectfully.

Gently resting the package at Buzz's door, he overheard the conversation anyway and he was having a hard time believing it. It was almost incomprehensible to him as he glanced at the colt now resting on the ground, his eyes closed. "Okay, I've placed it where you wanted it, Buzz.", he said to the colt, turning his attention to Trekker and Pocket Change. He swished his tail a bit as he stared at the bubble, head cocked inquisitively. "I'm about to leave, I don't know what happened here but if you need anything mailed right now, I'll take it.", he said to them both whilst glancing at the insects nervously.