Happyness makes me sick

Heretic

Heretic here. Now, I haven't seen a single season 3 episode, so I dont know what happens. I did find out, however, that episode 13 was the last one. So I wiki'd it, and found out about what happens to Twilight. I need some najotlr help now. A few questions enter my mind, and I'm too dumbfounded to answer them myself.

1. How many more seasons do you think theyre gonna make?

2. Are they gonna keep Twilight... like that?

3. This isn't really a question, but someone help me out here. This is quite a jump for characters, and it feels so... wrong, to me. Someone help me change my mind here. I'm in a swirling vortex of my mind, and may vomit.

1. I guess 1-2 more seasons will be a healthy amount. Anymore than that and the show will face an increasing risk of going stale, much like what happens with other cash-cow franchises.

2. While I'll always prefer unicorn Twi to a certain degree, it would be absolutely cheap if the writers reversed the change instead of moving forward with it. Stunts like this will ultimately in the long run help to keep FiM fresh for as long as possible.

3. It's only natural for people to question change at first only to accept it later; we see this occur all the time in other places (*cough* Facebook). :P

1. Hard to answer. The show will last as long as Hasbro wishes it to, which pretty much means as long as keeping it going is the more worthwhile course of action for the line as opposed to revamping the line again. Season 4 is bought and paid for and will be a full 26 episodes though; that's all we know at this point.
  2. It's hard to say what might happen. The head writer Meghan McCarthy has stated that she considers this episode the first part of a three part story, presumably with the opening episodes of season four. I suppose it is possible the change will be undone over the course of that story, but I would somehow doubt it personally. Considering how it occurs it would be an odd thing to undo suddenly.
  3. I had doubts about it when I first heard, but after watching the season and then watching the episode where it happened, I really liked how it was handled. The finale actually ended up being a favorite episode of mine and my faith in the show writers has me hopeful when it comes to the future of the series.

• 3 weeks later...

1. As long as there are Bronies around, they'll keep bringing in writers for extra seasons. Because I'm sure if they cancel it now OR in another two seasons, everyone will be up in arms!

2. Well, why not? It won't affect her position with her friends, will it?

3. We'll see what happens, I guess!