Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, first off, here's something relevant: http://asktheexaltedponies.tumblr.com

Second, what take on the game are we going to be using? Is this going to be idealistic or cynical? I'm ultimately in favour of the former myself, though I don't mind a few touches of the latter, for contrast.

All righty, then; time to get my character sheet up so you all can take a look...

Crazy Horse, AKA The Star Burst Forth From the Ground

Name: Crazy Horse

Tribe: Earth Pony

Mane colour: Silver

Coat colour: Brown

Cutie Mark: An eye of Horus emblazoned on a Heart

Concept: A leader of ponies.

Caste: Zenith

Motivation: Overthrow the Status Quo Realm

Anima: A firey Meteor blasting out from the earth

Attributes:

Strength: 1

Stamina: 5

Dexterity: 1

Charisma: 5

Manipulation: 5

Appearance: 1

Perception: 4

Intelligence: 2

Wits: 5

Abilities:

*War: 3 (Specialty: Improvised Plan)

*Integrity: 3

*Performance: 3 (Specialty: Recruitment Speech)

*Presence: 3 (Specialty: Bavarian Fire Drill)

*Resistance: 2

*Survival: 2

*Investigation: 3 (Specialty: Judge of Character)

Lore: 1

*Linguistics: 3

*Ride: 2

Sail: 2

*Socialize: 3

Backgrounds:

Mentor: 3 (Crazy Horse's father, a Khan of Chiaroscuro, taught him the ways of war on the field, and ways of keeping the peace at home)

Backing: 2 (As a Khan's son, he has access to the troops and resources of his family.)

Contacts: 2 (Crazy Horse is a sociable fellow, and having a well-traveled mother from the Blessed Isles gives him a foot in the door in surprising Places...)

Charms:

First Presence Excellency

Irresistible Salesman Spirit

First War Excellency

Mob-dispersing rebuke

Rout-stemming gesture

First Investigation Excellency

Judge's Ear Technique

Courtier's Eye Technique

Know Soul's Price

First Performance Excellency

Respect-commanding attitude

Virtues:

Compassion: 3

Temperance: 1

Valor: 3

Conviction: 2

Willpower: 6

Merits:

Pain Intolerance (5pts)

Improved Join Battle

Tactical Instincts

Silver Tongue

Flaws:

Disfigured (3 pts)

Enemy

Climate Sensitive (Wintery/cold)

Intimacies:

Remain Loyal to my People (Positive: 4)

Playing Wall (Positive: 4)

Harming Innocents (Negative: 1)

Languages:

Fire Tongue

River Speak

Low Realm

<TBD>

History: Crazy Horse, a small crooked-looking Earth Pony, was born as the son of a Khan of Chiaroscuro, and a lady of the Blessed Isles. The story of how those two met would make its own epic, but for now, let us say that they were surprisingly well-matched. The city expected much of the son of such a union, but he was born disfigured, and physically crippled; his spine was crooked, and not all of his legs were the same length. In a society ruled by warlords, having such a pony as an heir was considered a disgrace. However, his family did not bow to outside pressure to disown their progeny, instead pushing him to surpass his limitations, and prove the naysayers wrong.

He was taught the arts of war and ruling by his father, whose own father was son of Alhat, the local god of War; balanced by not a little of civilization and diplomacy by his mother. He developed into quite the charmer, adroit at getting other ponies to follow him. His ability to quickly get together a force, and carry out unconventional plans (the Great Incendiary Cat Plot is still spoken of with a hushed admiration), gained him not a little respect among his peers.

Unfortunately, the supreme ruler of the city, the Ream Satrap, was most displeased with Crazy Horse. It was bad enough to think that he'd have to deal with a weakling as a Khan's heir, but the insubordinate, irrepressible git he actually turned out to be? No, Crazy Horse had to go.

So, our hero was sent out to fight the Desert Ponies, a sand-dwelling race of cannibals, with a small force equally comprised of losers who hadn't quite mustered out yet, and soldiers with about as much resentment of authority as their commander.

Certain death loomed, but then a gray pony, not part of his force, came out of the dust with key intelligence, and Crazy Horse simultaneously came up with a plan of attack based on it, and exalted. The intel and newfound Solar Abilities proved key to squeaking out a victory that day - but he can't remember the name or cutie mark of his mysterious benefactor, and none of his subordinates remember him at all...

Gear can be taken care of later...

Cool!

How are we going to handle dice rolls when it comes to that, by the way? I might need a little help getting used to using an actual system, however flexible.

I think the best way to do it would be for you to tell me your relevant stats to use, and I'll roll the dice for you and tell you the result? That would give you an idea of how the system works, but lets me do all the relevant 'Your opponent has these defenses that affect your dice pool this way' stuff, and keeps it moving as quickly as possible.

wip don't look

Name: Gilded Scale

Tribe: Pegasus

Mane colour: Light Blue

Coat colour: Bluish Grey

Cutie Mark: A stylized, golden scale

Concept: Attorney, Judge and Executioner

Caste: Eclipse

Motivation: To bring Justice to the World.

Anima:

Attributes:

Strength: 1

Stamina: 3

Dexterity: 3

Charisma: 3

Manipulation: 2

Appearance: 4

Perception: 5

Intelligence: 3

Wits: 3

Abilities:

*Melee: 3

*Integrity: 3

*Presence: 3

Resistance: 1

*Investigation: 3 (Specialize: Forensics)

Lore: 2

*Awareness: 2

*Bureaucracy: 3 (Specialize: Courtroom Etiquette)

*Linguistics: 3

*Ride: 1

*Sail: 1

*Socialize: 3 (Specialize: Defending the truth)

Backgrounds:

Backing: 3 (In service of the Nothern God of Justice)

Manse: 2 (Gemstone of Surface Thoughts)

Contacts: 2 (Former co-workers in the justice department of the city of Whitewall)

Charms:

First Investigation Excellency

Judge's Ear Technique

Irresistable Questioning Technique

First Bureaucracy Excellency

Speed the Wheels

Bureau-Rectifying Method

Mastery of Small Manners

Second Melee Excellency

Hungry Tiger Technique

Fire and Stones Strike

Virtues:

Compassion 2

Conviction 3

Temperance 1

Valor 3

Merits:

Flaws:

Intimacies:

Languages:

The IC thread has been started for Ferrou Dust and Crazy Horse!

Davroth, I'll add yours in soon, as we get your character ready to go. You're almost ready anyway, so I'll start on getting the text together and ready.

it's in the 18+ section because ... well... graphic descriptions of violence and adult themes. Exalted can get kinda serious at times. Just a caution.

It'll probably take a bit to get the ball rolling. I know for the next two weeks, Azal has somewhat intermittant access. I just wanted to get at least a little started.

Your first post is great. :) The only thing I can think of is if you had described your appearance a little more.

Azal, I reviewed Ferrou Dust, and found that she had 2 extra bonus points to use. However, she also needed a background to represent her role in the Silver Pact, so I added 2 dots to Backing(Silver Pact). The Silver Pact is the loose organization of the Lunars. Backing represents a responsibility to a group as well as the ability to get resources from the group.

Additionally, I will be using this first small adventure to explain the rules, and the options available to you. As such, I'll be listing out the detailed values of Garden Row aka Strength of Earth's rolls, and having him be a bit more active than I'd normally have an NPC ally be, as I make sure to hit several common combat tactics that you guys will want to know about, including Stunts, Flurrying, Comboing, and channeling virtues.

Alright then.

I was actually looking more information; I think we may have gotten the terms mixed up, since the ruler of Chiaroscuro was called the Tri-Khan, and the people themselves were called the Delzhan. I suppose we can keep using the terms, it just caught me by surprise, is all.

Archived