Exalted Equestria OOC Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of questions: First, are we rolling join battle/join war for initiative, or just going by posting order?

Second, are we going to get the stat sheets of our forces/the enemies? That will probably effect what rolls we choose, especially if the stats are significantly different from our own character's.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant can I have my allies stats before I make rolls based on them? My last post assumed that we would be using the stats of my own character, but we used the stats of my army, which I didn't have.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, what are you expecting? From the rulebook, it would seem that any description with flavour was worth at least one dice, but since we're doing this in a written medium, I was wondering if you had higher standards for what was worth bonus dice.

There is a slightly 'higher threshold' as far as writing vs. sitting around a table. As a general rule of thumb, however:

1 die stunts are creative actions, outside-of-the-box. Just describing you hitting someone with a sword won't do it ... but add a touch of tactics as to why you're attacking that enemy in that specific way, describing their fighting style and its weakness, or using a tool in a way it's not normally meant to be used, and you've got a one-die stunt.

2 die stunts are those which are creative and descriptive, and will provide an emotional response to the viewer. Wholly unnecessary spinning and flipping and jumping, using the environment - rule of cool type stuff, that'll get you a two-die stunt.

3 die stunts are rare- but they're the ones which make the players go 'wow'. Declarations of why THIS ATTACK is so much more important than any previous attack, speeches that really do make you get the chills, and get your heart racing, Flourishes beyond flourish. obviously, this can be difficult to keep up constantly, because the 'wow' factor starts to wear off... unless, of course, it's Gurren Lagann.

And I *was* going to have Strength-of-Earth step in to show off more options in battle, but it seems Azal has taken care of that with his latest move by Ferrou Dust.

Hokay, there's a big rock shield they're standing on. I'm curious as to if I can see how big it is with the vibrations. I gots me a plan. Should work unless that wall goes all the way around.

I guess ultimate question, quick observations mid battle, how do they work in forums when trying to figure out plan of attack?

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna leave it up to you, Azal; would you rather have Crazy Horse accompany your people to the underground forest, or return with him to the city? I'm fine either way, but I think it's about time we wrapped up the scene.

Well, Azal just called for a roll to recall oasis locations; you want to just call that an auto-success, given her preference to continue the patrol?

Archived